Cold Blood (Completed)

By nerdinspects

Part 1: Replaced by the Alpha Mate (Completed) Sera was not rejected by her mate, Daniel but he replaced her... More

Book One
One- Unaccepted by the Mate
Two- Replaced by the Mate
Three- Meeting the Stranger
Five- Return of the Mate
Six- Rejecting the Rejection
Seven- Talking to Brother
Eight- Manny the Mate
Nine- Alpha is Sneaking
Ten- The New Alpha
Eleven- Rogue Attack
Twelve- Jealous Alpha
Thirteen- Wilson Carter
Fourteen - Revenge Plan
Fifteen- Traitor
Sixteen - Finding Mate
Seventeen - Deal to Fight
Eighteen - Deal of Mate
Nineteen - Strange Alpha
Twenty - The Fight
Twenty One - Suspicion
Twenty Two - Harsh Words
Twenty Three - Sleep
Twenty four- To Admit
Twenty Five - Danger
Twenty six- Fear
Twenty Seven - Miles
Twenty Eight- Saving the Mate
Twenty Nine- Between Two Mates
Thirty- True Colours of Alpha's mate
Thirty One - Unexpected
Thirty Two- Alpha
Thirty Three - Plans
Thirty Four- Chance
Thirty Five- Daddy Dearest
Thirty Six - Mate
Thirty seven- Apology
Thirty Eight- More Triators
Thirty Nine- Almost Caught
Forty- Mistakes and Regrets
Forty One- Crazy Old Man
Forty Two- More Secrets Revealed
Forty Three- Saving Mate
Chapter Forty Four - Accepting the Fate
Epilogue
Book Two- Targeted by the Blood Devil
One- History repeats itself
Two- Old Friends
Three- In the College
Five- The Ball of Light
Six- Drunk
Seven- Drink
Eight - Cat's Prey
Nine - Royal Blood
Ten- Seven Months
Eleven- Home Sweet Home
Twelve- Inside
Thirteen
Fourteen - Hello Mate
Fifteen - Waking Up
Sixteen - Search again
Seventeen - Blue Moon
Eighteen - Mated
Nineteen - Unfaithful
Twenty - Run Away
Twenty One - Destiny
Twenty Two - Cell
Twenty Three - Just Great
Twenty Four - Old Mate
Twenty Five - Secrets
Twenty Six - Ex Mate vs Mate
Twenty Seven - Blood Devil
Twenty Eight - Reveal
Twenty Nine - Truth
Thirty - Escape
Thirty One - Once Again
Thirty Two - Caught
Thirty Three - Lost Hope
Thirty Four - New Game
Thirty Five - Pack Business
Thirty Six - His Mate
Thirty Seven - No Regrets
Thirty Eight - Happy Endings
Thirty Nine - The Ceremony
Forty - Climax
Forty One - The End

Four- The Strange Rogue

53.4K 1.7K 173
By nerdinspects

Chapter Four- The strange Rogue

Ten months later

Dave's P.O.V.

"A rogue attack took place yesterday in the eastern part of the territory. Pack members Danny, Mitch and Ron were there. Rogues kidnapped Danny while Mitch and Ron were killed in the fight. When more wolves approached for aid, rogues were already gone." Ethan reported.

"It's the fifth attack in past two months. We have lost twelve pack members. Four are taken away while rest were killed. Our forces are weak and rogues are increasing in number. I guess they have a leader and they are intending to take over our pack." Wilson said. He is third in command.

Increasing rogue attacks are our greatest problem right now.

"We have to take an action immediately before the matter goes out of hand," Daniel said shrugging as if it didn't actually matter to him.

He has been acting strangely from the past few months. It's like he doesn't want to be an alpha anymore. I have to take all the decisions. If there is any problem then he says 'talk to my Beta', 'Ask Dave' or 'he'll take care of everything' etc. etc. And then he goes to his mate. They never get enough of each other.

"What exactly should we do?" I asked. This time I want an answer from him. He should realize that he is an Alpha and an Alpha has his duties.

"You think about that. I'm going to see Shea." He mumbled and walked out of the office room like it's not his problem at all.

Technically, I spend here more time thinking about the pack than him. I don't know what has happened to him. He was fine a few months ago. When he took over the title of Alpha, he was happy and proud. He had vowed that he'd take care of his pack at every situation but now it seems like he doesn't care at all. All he does is sleep with Shea.

Talking about Shea, she thinks that being a Luna is for barking orders at others for her own selfish demands. She doesn't care if the pack is attacked by rogues or people are killed. All she does is care about her hair, nails and what she wears.

I can sense the downfall of this pack with every day that passes. Even if rogues are not successful in their mission, this pack will still end one day.

"What are we going to do Beta?" Wilson asked me.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow." I dismissed them.

What exactly am I going to talk about?

Daniel's parents have gone for a world tour for the last four months. They won't be returning until the next couple of months. I hope we are able to handle these rogues until then. His father is better than him. Eighteen years of age is fine for the position of Alpha but I think we should have waited in case of Daniel. He's not ready for any of this.

Once at home, I rested on the couch staring up the ceiling.

So many things have changed since Sera left. I miss my sister so much. I didn't even get a chance to meet with the rogue who took away my sister. She finally found her mate and I'm happy for her but I wish she had stayed here. We could have talked to Alpha and let her mate join the pack.

"Hey! Are you okay? What happened?" I heard my mate from behind me. She slid her hands to my chest and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes in content.

Since the past four months, this is the only moment of the day when I feel better.

"Rogue attacks. I don't know what to do. Our wolves are not trained enough. I guess we have to call someone from another pack to train our wolves." I murmured.

She came to sit on the couch at my side and I wrapped my arms around her waist, burying my head in the crook of her neck. Her scent relaxed my senses.

"Which pack are you considering?" She asked while running soothing fingers through my hair.

"I don't know yet. I've to send Eric to talk to other packs. Blue Moon pack is my priority. They've once successfully tackled rogues. They are strong. But I don't know if they will help us."

"They will. Don't worry, Dave. Everything will be fine." Her words were like a lullaby. I wanted to close my eyes and sleep for a really long time.

"I hope so." I mumbled, my eyes dropping. "I miss her."

We both knew who I was talking about. Manny was Sera's best friend. She misses her too. I'm glad that I got Manny as my mate. I was not very well acquainted with her before but Sera had told me that she was a nice girl and she is.

"I miss her too, Dave. I miss her too." I heard her say and fell asleep in her embrace hoping next day somehow Daniel understands his responsibilities and becomes a good Alpha.

**** **** **** ****

"What do you want to talk about Dave?" Daniel asked in a bored tone.

I was a second away from attacking him. His carelessness irritates me to no limits. I wonder where my real friend disappeared. He is nothing like that old Daniel I used to know.

"I think we should ask the help of another pack. I want Eric to go to Blue Moon pack and ask their Alpha for some fighters to train our wolves."

"Are our wolves not enough trained?" He asked in a harsh tone.

"No," I answered.

"Why? Is it not your responsibility to make sure our wolves are trained properly?" he growled at me.

My anger was on the edge.

"No, it's your responsibility. You are the Alpha, not I." I retorted.

"So you want the position of Alpha now." His tone was dark and threatening.

My eyes widened the way he took my words as.

"No. I want you to follow your duties as an Alpha. What has happened to you, Daniel? You even haven't shifted since past few months. What's wrong with you?" I asked exaggerated.

He stood silent for a few seconds. I saw a flicker of sadness and regret in his eyes. I had asked him many times but he never tells me what exactly his problem is.

"That's none of your business. Take care of the rogues for now. I don't want to hear about any more of your  nonsense." He growled and marched outside, slamming the door behind him.

I shook my head. God knows what has happened to him.

I summoned Eric and asked him to go to the Blue Moon pack. I hope no rogues attack in the near future, not until our wolves are trained properly. They may look strong but they can't even defeat a cat let alone an army of rogues who have trained all their lives.

My wolf felt my exhaustion and I decided to go home where Manny would be waiting for me. At least I can forget all this for a little while.

**

"I don't know what's wrong with Daniel. He has been acting strangely." I told her resting my head back on the headboard.

"Erin once told me about this Alpha. He rejected his mate and she died. The Alpha was unable to concentrate properly on his work and eventually, he gave his position to Beta." Manny told me.

I frowned. Was she trying to say that I should take the position of Alpha? But I can't do that. I was not even Beta. Daniel gave me that position. I can't betray him. I will never betray him. And besides, he has his mate. He spends most of his time with her.

"What do you want to say?" I asked looking at her head which was resting on my chest.

"Do you believe Shea is really his mate?"

Her question caught me off guard. I had never thought about it. Why did she even ask this question?

"Why did you-"

"I think Shea is not his mate. He decided to be with her only because she was his girlfriend. I think someone else is his mate." She told me about her perspective.

I remained silent. My thoughts were running where I wish they hadn't. But I think our thoughts were on the same page.

"Do you think Sera would lie about something like that?" She asked me.

I squeezed my eyes shut. She is going in a direction where I don't want to because the possibilities of this being truth will lead to only one answer at the end.

If Daniel is Sera's mate, how did she shift? Without her mate, her wolf would die and then... NO! That can't happen.

"No. That's not possible." I said.

Her body went stiff above mine.

"What do you mean? Don't you believe your sister enough?" She asked looking a bit angry. She looked beautiful.

"I mean. What about her shift? The consequences. What about that? And her rogue mate?"

"You know we didn't smell rogue around the territory at that time. I guess she ran away. It's not easy to see your mate with someone else. She was alone Dave. She is alone."

"The possibility for that is less."

If she had no one with her then she might have died.

"But it might happen. I believe that she is still alive. I know she is alive. And I have a feeling that we will meet her sometime soon." She said and I hoped what she was saying was true.

We stayed there for minutes or hours. Her scent filled my senses, relaxing my muscles and relieving all the tensions. After spending time with Manny, I'm always able to work properly the next day. Daniel spends day and night with Shea and still, he's restless.

The probability of Shea not being Daniel's mate is high and if his mate is Sera then I'm going to kill him.

My phone rang and I groaned. I reached for it to find Wilson calling.

"Hello", I muttered.

"Beta, there's a rogue attack. Five miles away from Pack House towards the north."

"I'm on my way," I said.

"Where are you going?" Manny asked me.

"There's a rogue attack," I said hastily putting on my clothes.

I could feel her sadness. There's no certainty I will return alive, or I will ever return.

"I will be okay," I said kissing her forehead.

Those words were not enough to assure her but I can't do anything else right now.

"I know." She whispered to me.

I drove towards my destination and shifted near the woods. My large brown wolf was following the scent of my pack members.

Daniel. I called through the mind link.

What? He snapped.

There's rogue attack five miles away from pack house towards North.

You take care of it then. Don't disturb me.

I stopped at my tracks wondering if he said exactly what I heard. How could he be so irresponsible of his duty?

With a frustrated sigh, I ran towards the source of the commotion. I could feel the presence of wolves but nothing smelled unfamiliar. Maybe rogues were present there before but I couldn't smell anything out of the pack lingering in the air. Though there was a smell which was so familiar yet so different.

"Beta", Brandon said as soon as I reached there. He was in his human form and so were others.

Where are the rogues? I asked through the mind link.

They looked at each other hesitantly and I growled to get the answer fast.

There was a cracking sound and everyone's attention turned to my direction. They were looking at someone behind me.

I spun on my fours and found familiar green eyes staring back at me.

"Hello brother. You've grown to be a strong wolf."

***** ***********

TPlease vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ©MadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
78.1K 2.6K 15
There are different sides of the stories. Reasons why decisions have been made. Reasons that even though will hurt someone has to be done. If only yo...
64.1K 1.6K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
157K 6.9K 56
'I watched as the beast above me disappeared...no longer a wolf or monster...he was a man. Golden eyes gazed at me from above as a whisper left his...