The Shifter And The Dragon Ma...

By Zane2343

Y/N is an interesting Viking, he has a secret that involves his past that must be kept hidden. A Strange way... More

Information and useful links
Prologue Part 1: A Shifter Found
Prologue Part 3: A New Threat
Prologue Part 4: A Night's Rescue
Prologue Part 5: A New Home
Prologue Part 6: A Family lost
Prologue Part 7: Berk
Chapter 1: The Raid of Berk
Chapter 2: An Unlikely Reunion
A/N: Not a Chapter
Chapter 3: Dragon Training
Chapter 4: Anger and Control
Chapter 5: Befriending a Night fury
Chapter 6: A Story Retold...

Prologue Part 2: A Friend Found

1.5K 51 12
By Zane2343

Violet had kept her promise so far. It had been an entire month and no one was raided but it agitated the Vikings who gave (y/n) strange looks stating that he had something to do with it. His father was worse he would constantly beat him and tried to force him to say what had happened between him and the dragons. (y/n) told him what he told everyone "I don't control the dragons, they probably left." and then that was that. (y/n)'s brother would always be with his friends and tease him saying that he was a freak and then beat him up. But something happened to (y/n) one day...

Something was ready to come out of him...

Something dangerous...

A beast.

A dragon.

One day (y/n) was walking to the village hall when his brother, who was taller and more muscular than him, and his three friends grabbed (y/n) and started to beat him up. "Haha! Look at the freak! What's wrong lost your tongue!" one of the kids said while kicking (y/n)'s shin. "Nah he's just weak! Look at him! He's nothing!" another said punching him in the stomach. (y/n)'s brother, Augur told his friends to hold (y/n) up and started punching him in the gut, face, etc. "You are nothing! You don't have any GUTS! You'll always be the wretch of the village! You are no one, but a freak that belongs to the demons!"

With the last sentence, something snapped in (y/n)'s small body, and when Augur tried to punched (y/n) in the face, only for his fist being caught in mid swing with my right hand. Everyone froze with shocked of what had happened. (y/n) raised his head and looked straight at his brother. Augur didn't know what he was seeing, but it was clear that (y/n) was not happy but neither was (y/n) just angry but he felt a strange sensation in his eyes and his vision became sharper and clearer which for some reason made him frightened. It didn't feel natural. It didn't feel Human, but it did felt good.

Before anyone knew what was going on, (y/n) twisted Augur's arm making him scream and dropped him to his knees while (y/n)'s left foot connected with Augur's chin knocking him backwards, with an evil grin (y/n) backhanded the teen on his left while his right leg smashed into the knee of the other on his right. Both went down screaming in pain, the teen from behind, the strongest one, was surprised and started to become afraid and when (y/n) turned his body towards him and with unnatural speed (y/n) punched him right in the face before he even had a chance to react. Just before he blacked out he got to see a glimpse of (y/n)'s eyes. His glowing, slitted eyes.

(y/n) stood where he was and turned to see his brother and his brother's two conscious friends quivering on the ground in fear. 'Look at them!' Suddenly a draconic voice in (y/n)'s head spoke.

'Quivering under you.'

'You are not weak. You are no wretch. You are not nothing.'

'You are strong! You are Alpha!'

'YOU. ARE. OBSIDIAN!'

(y/n) grinned and started feeling his eyes become slits again, slowly walking toward his bullies and tormentors ready to tear them apart, having an urge to kill them, but (y/n) stopped, frightened of what he just felt. Bloodlust.

'NO I can't kill them, it won't make me better but a monster in their eyes.' (y/n) thought, shaking his head. The draconic voice spoke again but more controlled this time with a sense of concern. 'Forgive me, my instincts clouded your thinking, but they are wrong about us. About you.' (y/n) felt as if this voice was telling him the truth and asked 'Who are you?' The draconic voice responded with a sense of urgency 'Into the forest, before your sire finds you, and I will reveal myself, my other half.' (y/n) was confused but he didn't want to face his father afraid of what he might do. So he ran into the forests like the mysterious voice said, leaving the teens to their wounds.

In the deepest part of the forest, (y/n) was searching for the draconic voice that spoke in his head earlier but (y/n) accidently tripped landing in a puddle of water. "Great. Just per-" (y/n) stopped when he looked into his reflection in the puddle below him revealing his glowing, slitted eyes and....SCALES! (y/n)'s hand shot up to his face feeling the black smooth scales on it. (y/n) then felt pain in his cheek, and noticed that his hand was covered in black scales and sharp claws with blood on the claws. Blood dripped from the area ,that the scratch cut on (y/n)'s face, into the puddle distorting it and when it cleared it wasn't (y/n) in the reflection...

But a DRAGON! A Night Fury! (y/n) looked at himself but he was still human, well close as human ignoring the scales, claws and slits, and then, if things could get freakier, the night fury in (y/n)'s reflection spoke. "Well there you are, or at least I feel you are, If you couldn't tell but I was going to say look for a reflection, but crashing into a puddle to look for me takes the cake." (y/n) was shocked not because of the voice. Well actually... YES! BECAUSE IT SPOKE IN HIS VOICE! "H-How are you speaking in my voice?" (y/n) whispered not believing what was happening. The dragon in the reflection blinked.

Then the dragon spoke once more. "Well uh... I'm basically your draconic half, since I have your eyes as well, so maybe that has something... Or your crazy and the gods are punishing you to make yourself crazy, but... I don't think so. Let's go with the former for now. It is the better outcome after all." (y/n) seemed confused after the dragon spoke. (y/n) sat up and looked ate the reflection in the puddle and asked "What did you mean by 'other half' back at the village." The night fury rolled his eyes and with a sigh said. "Because I am half of you, the draconic half to be precis, and you are the human half. Together we are a Shifter, a Lycan."

(y/n) thought for a moment in silence and then with a fearful expression. "WHAT! I'M A WEREWOLF!" (y/n) screamed fearfully. The night fury groaned with his paw to his snout mumbling 'is this seriously my other half'.

With a loud sigh the night fury spoke in an annoyed voice. "No, you are not a werewolf, they don't even exist, as if we were just some mutt anyway. You are a dragon. A Dragon Lycan. But unlike werewolves we can control our forms, and it seams to me that you are in your warrior stage which make you stronger, faster, and more aware of your surroundings. It's was what helped in the fight earlier."

"Weredragon!" (y/n) suddenly exclaimed. The night fury dropped his mouth or maw slightly and stuttered "W-What?" (y/n) smiled at the dragon's confusion "You know! Weredragon. Like a Werewolf but turns into a dragon! HAHAHA!" (y/n) laughed at his little joke, but the night fury's eyes become slits and snarled. (y/n) thought to himself  'Note to self he doesn't get my joke. Don't make jokes around him. AT ALL.' The night fury said with a snarl.  "FOCUS! I am trying to help you understand what is happening to you, but if you keep interrupting me, YOU WON'T FIND OUT!" (y/n) shut up very quickly. His own reflection telling me to shut up, that must be a first in anyone's life ever.

"What do I call you?" (y/n) asked finally. The dragon seemed to freeze, his eyes threatening to pop out of his head. (y/n) then realized he didn't have a name. (y/n) narrowed his eyes and interrogated the dragon. "You don't have one do you?" The night fury became nervous and stuttered a little bit sounding far less confident. "Uh....w-well I have many names. Instinct, Half, Guide, Chaperone-" (y/n) seemed confused by these because none were really names he interrupted and asked "Wait, What?"

"Someone needs to keep an eye on you once you find a perfect mate." The dragon smirked and winked becoming calm a bit more. (y/n) was confused, what's a chaperone? And by mate he didn't mean as a dragon he meant as a human,... right? Dear All father (y/n) hoped so. "Anyway to make it short, I have many names but I never had one since I was just created less than an hour ago sooooo, I guess the choice is yours." (y/n) thought and thought until I remembered a name. "Obsidian-" The dragon stopped (y/n) before he could say anything else "No, that is your dragon name. Pick something else." The night fury deadpanned. (y/n) started suggesting a few names that he came up with on the spot.

"Black." "Lame." "Kitten" (y/n) joked thinking of it as very funny. "ABSOLUTELY NOT." The fury snarled. "Scales?" (y/n) questioned, getting a bit annoyed by these rejections. The night fury snorted and deadpanned. "All dragons have scales. Your very terrible at naming things, you know that?"

(y/n) glared a bit, earning himself a smirk from the dragon, and mumbled "picky reptile" and tried to find a perfect name for the night fury until I heard a howl over a few miles out which caught the dragon surprised in curiosity. Then I finally had the perfect name for the dragon. "...How about Wolf. Since we're-... You're?... I'm?... A shifter and you are like my inner beast-dragon-whatever and guide. Seams fitting."

The night fury tilted his head to side, curious and started to smile. 'Wait? Didn't he have teeth a minute ago?' But (y/n)'s thoughts were interrupted by the dragon. "I like it! And its meaning. 'Listen to what your instincts tell you. Smart, loves autonomy and has a strong social character. Confidence in yourselves. Reminds you to have all the tools to help you survive. A lone wolf to discover your true self and voice.' traits of a Night Fury as well....I LOVE IT!" The dragon now known as Wolf exclaimed.

(y/n) was silent for a moment. "I....didn't know that animals have meaning, but I like it, it suits you." The dragon smiled a 'toothless' smile at (y/n) and then Wolf started to fade. (y/n) was shocked, was he going to lose his new friend? Will he be alone again? All these thoughts terrified him. Wolf just kept on smiling. "Hey don't worry, I'm still with you. Your inner dragon is just settling down back to your human form, I'll be back. Oh and for the record, your not alone, you'll have friends that you'll meet in the future one day and they will stand by your side. I just know it. Don't lose hope, and I'll tell you everything you need to know about being a shifter. May the Draconis Flamma watch over you, Obsidian. And be CAREFUL. Your father been agitated lately and I fear that you struck the embers of the fire by that fight. Watch yourself and trust your instincts, trust in the flames."

And with those words, Wolf disappeared leaving the reflection of (y/n). (y/n) then noticed he looked different now, he looked at himself and saw that his scales and claws were gone and his eyes were also back to normal. (y/n) was thankful and happy that he has a real friend to talk to and whispered into the night sky. "Thank you for talking to me, Wolf, and thanks for the warning, I'll be careful for now on." (y/n) then turned towards the village and walked towards home but unknown to him, a dragon laid within the bushes and her violet eyes watched (y/n) slowly walk home. 'He's already showing his inner dragon and his draconic half was created so quickly. He is truly special. I can't wait until you are between my arms, my soon-to-be hatchling. You will finally be loved and be happy in your new life.' the dragon thought to herself and took off towards the nest. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

704K 16.2K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
2.2K 25 29
A remake of a book I wrote on my other profile -_-FoxyForLife-_- I do not own How To Train Your Dragon. Book 1 of 4 After a war, Y/n and her moth...
24.8K 1.1K 17
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "How to Fight for Your Dragon" :) ... Ah, Berk. The seasons are mostly cold, the people are a bit...
97.2K 2K 25
There is dragon in Berk... But what if there is ... A half-dragon and a half-human... A white night fury who all human want to kill if they met you...