Forbidden Love

By awesomegal15

In ancient Rome, Rena has it all - beauty, wealth, and status as the daughter of a powerful man who owns glad... More

Caesar Smiled at Me
The Cost of a Favor
Do you Entertain a lot of Gladiators?
Leave an old man to his Hobby
You Looked Interested
Strega Soup
Sweet Moments
You Have my Attention Every Night
A Very Short List
Is Love Making so Tedious?
What in Hades did I do?
Get Some Rest
I Will Entertain it For You
You Would be Yourself
Finish What we Started
Read to Inspire
You Need a Bath
You Already Leave me Blushing
Easy Payday
I Owe You
Tongue
Next Time
A Prayer to The Gods
My Wife
I Know the Truth
She Went Back
Home At Last
No Point
You're Hungry
You Are Full of Surprises
I'm Not Dead Yet
It Was Time
The Purchase
The Glory of Rome my Ass
I'll Never Take Another
Surprise
Spartacus... Maximus
I Prefer Raven Haired Woman
Run!
Don't Let Her Die
We Take Care of Each Other
Always and Forever Honest
Did You Sleep Well?
Just a Man Who Loves Your Daughter
Dark Blue
The Quiet Parts of a Marriage
It's Been a Long Night
Can I Warm You
Good News
Home
I Don't Want To Warm His Bed!
Just As Possessive
It Begins
The Inn
He's An Acquired Taste
I Think...I Am
Will You Tell Me Your Story From The Beginning?
So I'm Screwed
I Would Survive!
Wait For Me
Apsis
We Will
What's on Your Mind?
The Marketplace
The Price of Freedom
Keep Him Entertained
To Family
Company
A Feeling
The Curia
Why?
As One
The Last Fight
Epilogue
Author's Note

A Very Long Day

235 11 0
By awesomegal15

Chapter 63

It was gods sent to be back home. After weeks of travel we made it back to Rome, just before Lemuria. Maximus and Valentina didn't believe in the tradition of exorcising malevolent spirits and evils out of our home. But Maximus, played along for me. My feet were killing me after walking barefoot around the house all day throwing beans over my shoulder at night. But once Lemuria was over we found our normal. Maximus worked on the house and in the evening my father would come over to talk "potential business adventures" for him. I think father just missed having someone to spend his evenings with. And now he finally had the son he always wanted.

I had spent the evening relaxing in a bath of rose water. It wasn't until I realized that night had finally fell that I climb out of my tub and put on a long milk white nightgown. The silk always felt good against my skin, but I was disappointed that it still fit like the day father bought it for me. Before I even knew Maximus existed.

No baby bump.

Yet.

I had to go find my husband so I could get one.

I walked upstairs and went to the far back of the house. I'm pretty sure the study was some kind of pleasure room at one point. But now it was our library. A very empty library but still one day it would be filled with stories and knowledge we past down to our children. I already knew I didn't have to knock that I wanted to. Three bangs on the door and I heard enter from my father.

I stepped through the grand arched doorway, my senses were immediately enveloped in a serene stillness. The fall air felt cool and tranquil, carrying the faint scent of parchment and musk. Rays of moonlight filtered through the tall windows, casting a soft glow upon the room's marble floors. This library room, once a vibrant pleasure chamber adorned with opulent pillows, had now transformed into a sanctuary of knowledge and study.

The room seemed to stretch out before me, its expanse a testament to the vast world of written wisdom that awaited exploration. Tall bookshelves lined the walls, that would one day be filled with scrolls and bound volumes, their spines adorned with faded titles written in elegant script. The shelves reached towards the ceiling, seemingly touching the heavens themselves, as if aspiring to one day hold all the knowledge of the world within their ancient confines.

I gazed around in awe, my eyes scanning the room's transformation. Where once there had been pillows scattered haphazardly across the floor, now stood sturdy wooden tables and chairs, patiently awaiting curious minds to fill them. A soft, inviting breeze wafted through the room, rustling the pages of a nearby open tome.

The ambiance was calming, yet invigorating. I approached My father and Maximus at one of the wooden tables happily drinking watching the city below them. If I didn't know any better I would say from their laughter and empty plates they had had quite the date night.

"Rena, you should be in bed", my father said immediately standing  up, Maximus did the same. Father opened his arms so I could hug him. I did.

"I should, but I would like to go to bed with my husband", I teased.

"You'll have to forgive me, my pride and joy. The idea always escapes my mind", And that made my heart hurt. Father deserves someone who wanted to go to bed with him. The same as mother deserved.

I turn to Maximus who kept his hands behind his back,"I'm not trying to break up the boys club. I guess I'll have to settle for a kiss good night".

And I could see my simple statement put a naughty grin on Maximus's face. For a moment I thought he was actually going to kiss me but he settled on a peck on the cheek and a kiss on my shoulder,"I promise you I'll be up as soon as we finish here".

"No, my boy, go to bed I've taken your entire day and most of your night. I should start making my way home...."

"Father, you can always spend the night. I fear what would happen to you on the streets this late at night.We have plenty of room. I'm just teasing I know you two are working hard on business. And we greatly appreciate your help", but I still wanted Maximus to come to bed. My father could have him the majority of tomorrow.

"Marcus, if we call it a night now and we can start bright and early tomorrow".

"Brilliant plan. You can meet some of the investments before the rush of day takes over", with that settled, I led father to the guest room two doors down to one of the grand suites. It was smaller than his normal accommodations but he didn't seem to mind. Once he was comfortable I made a beeline for our bedroom. And not a moment too soon as I stepped through the door to see Maximus undressing. Before I just threw myself at his feet I asked,"Would you like a drink?"

"No thank you, my love. I've had too many with your father", he said fully naked before me. "I'm exhausted and this is just the beginning".

I crossed the room and stepped into Maximus's arms as he held me by my waist,"Rest, I see everything you're doing for us. And it makes me love you more. Even if I have to share you with your second wife".

"I barely have time for the first. Add another and there won't be enough hours in the day", he chuckled rubbing his nose against mine.

"Come to bed. I'll give you a massage".

"Naked?"

"For your viewing pleasure", I said letting my nightgown fall off of my body.

With a delicious growl, Maximus picked me up by my ass and laid me down on the bed. There's nothing sexier than the look of lust in his eyes for me. His mouth covered mine with delicious kisses, and he worked his way down to my breast running his tongue over my hardening nipples. "My cock has missed its home".

I opened my legs wide desperately wanting him,"I gladly welcome you home".

And I'm sure my promise would lead to tantric lovemaking. But as soon as Maximus got comfortable in between my breasts he fell asleep awkwardly with one of my nipples still in his mouth.

O my love.

It's been a very long day for you.

Maximus started to snore as I rolled from underneath him. I was careful not to wake him up. Once I tucked Maximus into bed I kissed his forehead and let him get the much needed sleep his body demanded.

"I love you. Sleep well", I said over whelmed with love. I had everything I ever wanted. A man who loves, provides and adores me, a beautiful house my family close by and freedom to be...me.

Maximus was safe in the house That seemed to have a million repairs to occupy his time. If I didn't know any better I would say Caesar didn't even know we were back in Rome. I knew it was foolish to think Caesar wouldn't eventually pop up again. But I wanted to try our life here in Rome first honestly before we just abandon everything. But as I settled down for bed I looked over to Maximus sound asleep. I would rather have a lifetime of nights like this then have Caesar take the man I love. If it comes to leaving, I will go and find fulfillment in new pursuits, new goals and new outlooks on what success looks like.

I climbed out of bed and redressed. I needed a drink. Because first thing tomorrow morning I would tell Maximus we didn't have to stay in Rome. He didn't have to work himself to death just because I wanted a fantasy.

I made my way down to the kitchen expecting to see no one in the small space only to see Valentina sitting in the corner at a small circular table as a pot of soup cooked over the fire,"O Neptune!"

My heart hammered in my chest as Valentina stood up and faced me. It didn't even look like she was dressed for bed she was still in her simple white cotton dress from this morning,"Can't sleep?"

"I was thirsty".

"Do you like tea and honey? I brewed a pot"

I was more of a tea and mitt girl. But I would gladly take whatever Valentina gave me,"I would love some".

Valentina motion for me to sit and the only chair available which was across from her. I did and she poured me a cup of her tea. I gently sipped as she moved over to the brick fireplace that was cooking her soup from a black pot. She removed the top of the pond with a metal stick. Valentina placed both on the cutting table and she began to stir her stew. It smeltvm weird familiar as garlic perfumed the air. "Are you hungry?"

"No, this is more than a treat", I said taking another sip of the tea this time really tasting the honey,"Valentina if you're hungry you don't have to cook. I can always wake up---

"One of the servant girls? I would rather let them sleep".

"Or I could try. You shouldn't have to be bothered with cooking or cleaning".

Valentina brought her wooden spoon up to her mouth and tasted her stew. Something must not be right because she went over to a nearby cabinet and pulled out salt and pepper and tossed the seasoning in,"Rena, have you ever cooked a meal for yourself?"

"...no...but I would gladly try..." I said quickly. I didn't want Valentina to think I was useless. If I had to I would figure something out.

"And that is very kind of you", again she tried her stew. "How are you settling in with a new home?"

"Very well. Maximus is very good to me".

"And no noticeable signs of Caesar", Valentina asked And she grabbed a bowl and filled it. She came and sat back calmly waiting for my answer.

"I have not seen any sign of Caesar".

"And if you would like to keep it that way you should dismiss the servant girls that work here".

"What? What offense have they caused?"

"Servants are easily bought and have free range of your entire house. They can hide behind corners hear private intimate conversations, slip a poison in your wine all on on the promise of Caesar's gold".

"I will talk with Maximus and let him decide".

"You should insist".

"I will", I said suddenly not thirsty anymore. I didn't know how to feel about Valentina I wanted her to like me. But I had this nagging feeling yhat wasn't going to truly happen. I felt like she saw me as a problem for her son she just got back. All of my invitations for shopping, dinner, games or anything went rejected. I wasn't expecting to have the type of relationship Maximus had with my father with Valentina but I wanted something,"Valentina?"

"Yes?"

"I...I know you probably don't think highly of me. But I love your son and I wish I could do more prove it---"

"Sweet child who is questioning it?" She asked confused.

"No one, I just want you to know I am doing my best..."

"I see that every day, Rena. Do not have to explain it to me. I am a guest in your home".

"You're family. This is just as much your home as it is mine", I said honestly.

"Maximus picked well with you. You are so sweet".

"I want you to also know that I plan on talking to him tomorrow. I also fear what Caesar could do to us. As much as I want to stay in Rome I will not risk his life so I can have a fantasy. I would much rather have my husband, this family then anything else".

"Oh my dear, I think we are beyond that. This may have started to appease you, but now the male ego is involved. I feel there is little you can say or do to change his mind. The only thing you can do now is find yourself with child quickly, and perhaps that will bring common sense back into play".

"I am trying".

"And you will succeed".

"Thank you", I said and finished off my tea,"Have a good night, Valentina".

"Good night".

I made my way back upstairs now ready for bed. But as I turned a corner and walked up the stairs I walked past one of the servant girls quickly scurrying away into the dead of night. I had no reason to mistrust any of the girls here. But Valentina warning came to the forefront of my mind.

I had to push it away. I would talk to Maximus tomorrow and we would figure out a plan. For now I needed sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1K 15
Ever since Commodus became emperor, he was known as the cold-hearted Caesar in all of Rome. Through his dictatorship and malicious executions, many g...
387 42 9
When death is everywhere, what will you do to survive? All Hadriana remembers is slavery. Her home burned to the ground, she now works the fields of...
2.7K 1.6K 76
The final installment in the 'Last Man Standing' trilogy! Candra is now a princess of the Romallian Empire. But after the numerous assassination atte...
2.7M 87.1K 35
Warning: Rated R, Mature Audience Only! "He hovered over her mouth as he spoke, "Do not feel ashamed." She gasped as a tear eased out of her eye as h...