Messing with the Middle

By _KingWolfie_

Sasuke is back and boy does he have a long list of issues that need to be solved. Itachi needs to be saved, M... More

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
First things First
To Itachi
Dealing With Isobu
Improvement
The Jinchuriki's
Jinchuriki Hunting
Happy accident
Hunting the Team
Meeting the Traitor
Preparing
The battle
Long awaited meeting
Off to Suna
The Sweet Lie
The bitter truth
Lapse of Anger
Close Call
One Promise Kept
One step closer
A cry for help
Battle of Konoha
Merry Christmas
What could've been?
The Calm
The Storm
Wins, Ties and Loss
Hell hath no Fury
Team 7 Reunited
All wars end
A Day

The Peace

1.8K 111 68
By _KingWolfie_

Emerald eyes were wide open filled with nothing but fear. Fear for her future, fear for her plan, fear for all of her hard work so far.

What had she just witnessed?

She had watched the fight between Sasuke and Pein. When she saw Pein make a move to kill Hinata a smirk grew on her face. She felt the good in her shrink at the sight. She felt the lighter half die a little, she started to lose hope. It was perfect...

But then Sasuke let out the most gut wrenching, earth shattering shout she had heard since... Well never.

"HINATAAAA!!!"

Even from her spot at the edge of Konoha in the forest even she flinched at the sound. What she witnessed next was the true reason behined her fear.

Sasuke... morphed. Much Like Naruto did when he lost control of The 9 tailed fox. O ly it was a dark Murky grey. 7 tails floated Behined what once was sasuke.

The only reminder of the Uchiha was the wildly spinning Eternal Mangekyo Sharingans in the grotesque creatures eyes. She could sense the Killer Intent from where she was, Heck she would wager that if she was at the border of the land of Fire she'd still feel it.

She'd seen Sasuke's anger before... this made his his previous anger look like a child's grudge. The moment her heart stopped was when those monstrous eyes snapped to hers.

It was brief, and had she been anyone else she would have assumed it was a coincidence.... not her. She knew. No, the good Version knew. This was a warning from the beast inside of Sasuke.

She was next.

There it was again... that Fear.

Her heart skipped a beat... or more. She watched Sasuke tear Pein apart, she watched him create an explosion so large some of the nearby trees crumbled beneath the shake.

What... is he?

She didn't know how to answer that, because she wasn't sure she wanted the answer. Inner had an idea as to what Sasuke was. If she was right.. there was no hope for the future.

"A... Monster..." She whispered. Her hand was shaking subconsciously. As if her natural instinct knew something that she herself did not.

You can't defeat that....

No... no she could not. If that is what she had to face, then perhaps it really was time to reconsider her plan. Even after the blue streaks of Chakra soared across the sky and brought everyone back to life.

Even after Sasuke and Hinata hugged and shared a heart-felt kiss. Sakura was frozen solid in complete and utter... Fear. What could she do, no what should she do.

She really did want her happy ending, she wanted her previous life back, she wanted Sarada and to see her daughter complain about Boruto. She wanted to cheer her little girl on in her Chunin Exams, she wanted Sasuke to come back from a long mission and see her waiting there for him...

.

But she couldn't compete with that. Haku had been healed and was stronger than ever. Itachi was fully healed, and Naruto had hit sage mode. All the other Jinchuriki had access to their Charka Cloaks, and Hinata.... Hinata was far stronger than Inner wanted to give her credit for.

The present was completely different and Inner alone could no longer alter ther future. Not alone at least.

What if you let go of this fantasy?

"Never" She grumbled. She would die first. Inner would never give up on her future. Not after how much effort she had put into making it a reality.

Your future will never be a reality... you know that... right?

"Shut up," Inner growled. What did she know? The innocent Sakura, the sweet Sakura, the Weak Sakura. What the hell would she know about Her future.

Even if the war come true. Even if everyone who was meant to die, dies... Sasuke doesn't love us. Even if he doesn't get with Hinata, he won't come to us.

Inner grit her teeth and clenched her fist. "I said shut up,"

Naruto doesn't love Hinata here, he loves Ino. Asuma is alive and gets to see his daughter, Jiraiya lives though in critical condition.... tell me...

Inner glared at the crater that was once Konoha.

Do you really believe your future is a better result than the future being built here?

No, of course not. Of course Inner knew this situation was better. It was far better. But she wanted her daughter back. She wanted her husband back. She wanted her life back.

Inner sighed in response. Maybe... maybe she should give up.... maybe she... should move on. She could have a good life here. Find herself a new husband. Perhaps someone who actually would treat her right. Sasuke wasn't perfect, neither was her life... maybe she could build a new one?

NO!

*SMACK!*

Inner slapped her cheek and hard. She pulled out a small cracked mirror and glared. One eye was Dark and bland, the other Bright and full of life.

"I knew it... that's certainly a new tactic for you Sakura," Inner Spat.

It almost worked. Though I'm not surprised. Face it... you hate this life as much as I do. On the run, hated. Unwanted.

"I will do what I must,"

No, you will do what you want. Sasuke is doing what he must. Face it..

"You're the true Monster," Sakura finished.

She stood up tall. Konoha was right there, she could run to them, tell them the truth. Beg for help... but Inner would fight like hell. She had to bide her time. There would be the perfect moment for her to take her life back.

And when she does... she'll grasp it tightly with both hands. A determined smile grew on her face as she clenched and un-clenched her fist.

Inner took over again as her bright grin shrunk down to nothing.

"Are you finished?" The deep, distorted voice of Tobi pretending to be Madara spoke from behined her. "We have work to do,"

"I'm aware," She started. She looked down to her hand, before staring at Konoha one more time, as if to absorb the view. "Let's go,"

*****

Kakashi had been elected to temporarily hold the Holage position while Tsunade was busy with Patiens from the Pein assault.

Now it's not that he wasn't happy about this... because he wasn't. No really, he tried to hand the spot of to Shikaku, Inoichi, Anko. Anyone.

.

.

OK, so maybe not Anko but you get his point. Kakashi didn't want to be the Hokage. He was going to give it to Gai, but then learned that the man was willing to make a cardio day. Where everyone in the village worked on their 'Youth' so for everyone's sake, he decided not to do that.

Though it wasn't all bad he supposed. Watching Sasuke fight himself everytime he had to call him Lord 6th brought a smile to his face. Watching Sasuke also shrink under Hinata's glare whenever he didn't call him Lord 6th was twice as amusing.

Honesty the job wasn't as bad as Kakashi was making it out to be. He had even just received the news that the Akatsuki had officially been disbanded, with Kakuzu, Hidan, and Pein Dead. Deidara had been captured by Sunagakure Ninja, Sasori was on the run along with Kisame. Konan was MIA and Kakashi had recently revealed the truth behined Itachi's actions so the Ninja could come home. The fact that he was secretly handing Jiraiya information about said organisation was a bonus.

Sasuke had immediately sent a Chakra nullifying Seal over to Gaara the moment he heard the news. When Kakashi asked why Sasuke gave him a very cryptic answer. Something about there not needing to be two Villages to become craters.

Things in Konoha had been progressing. The Village was being rebuilt, The Academy was up and running. Ninja's could take on some jobs again. This was good things were going back to normal. Somewhat. The Yamanaka Clan had their hands full with civilian and Shinobi clients alike who needed therapy. Many had witness their loved ones die, their homes destroyed  many others didn't make it out in time and had to recall their death and what it was like.

With the Kage Summet arriving faster than he had expected, Kakashi spent most of his days supervising the Village and getting things back to normal again.

Standing up from his seat, Kakashi took a look out the window at all the construction that was Konoha. It was oddly satisfying to see Shinobi and Civilians get along so well. Before it was rare the two spoke to eachother. The Ninja had their lives and the Civilians had theirs.

Now Kakashi could see some Shinobi helping them with the heavy lifting work. Sasuke, Naruto and Haku were all helping as a delivery service. With Sasuke being the fastest Ninja they had, Haku being the second and Naruto with his crazy ability to make hundreds of Clones.

Hinata was standing ontop of a small stage, she had paper in her hands and was giving out orders to Ninja and civilians alike left and right. Giving them jobs, telling them what needs to be done, and who can do what.

She looked like a Clan Leader. Kakashi smiled at that thought. Hinata had grown the most out of his students. She was such a shy thing a few years ago.  Now look at her, standing tall and prideful as a Clan Heir should. She had made amazing work on her Stuttering as well, and because of such her confidence grew also. He'd never felt more Pride at being a Sensei then he had watching the Hyuga Princess grow.

Maybe things could be peacefull again.

BOOOOM!

The ground shook, as Ninja everywhere sprinted not too far from the newly built Hokage tower. They had all assumed it was attack. Was another Akatsuki member here? What was happening.

As the smoke cleared the saw... nothing, just a wall with a massive hole in it. Sasuke landed as did Naruto. Only Naruto punched Sasuke as soon as he did.

"WHAT THE HELL!! Why have you got your stupid maniac Seals around the Village Teme!!??" Naruto yelled. It turned out that Sasuke had put protective seals around the edge of the Village, and one of Naruto's Clones had pulled it off, triggering the safety features.

"Moron! I told everyone I'm putting seals around the village it creates a protective layer to stop this from happening again!" Sasuke replied. "You want to know what else I told them? Don't touch them!?"

"Well how was I supposed to know that!?"

"Maybe if you used 1 of your 2 severely overworked brain cells, you would have seen the message on the billboard by Hinata! Or could have asked me!"

"Oh don't go acting all high an' mighty now Teme! Just 'cause Hinata flashes her Googoo eyes at you doesn't mean I'm happy with your return!"

"Oh please. Hinata is the only reason I'm still here.  You on the other hand I would gladly punch through another wall!"

Naruto threw down the planks of wood he was holding and proceeded to headbutt Sasuke. Who anticipated this move so he returned the favour, causing the two to be head to head..

"You wanna go Teme! 'cause I've been wanting to kick your pompous ass for a while now!"

Sasuke's eyes shifted to his Sharingan. "You can sure as hell try,"

Kakashi chose to watch all of this madness from the safety of his office. Its not that he wouldn't interfere with the two, but more so that he had no need to. After all, the other two Members of team 7 were more than enough to keep them in check.

Speaking off, Haku suddenly appeared. He landed on Naruto's shoulders, forcing the Uzumaki to the ground leaving him standing on his back. Naruto got off easy.

Sasuke on the other hand felt a Chakra palm slam him in his chest, forcing him onto his back. His eyes shut off on their own, and above him glaring down was the Hyuga Princess.

See... this is why Kakashi never needs to interfere.

"If you two are quite finished, I believe there are a few more Seals that need your care Sasuke," Haku spoke calmly.

"N-naruto, where are the wooden planks I a-asked for. It's been over an hour now?" Hinata spoke.

The two Shinobi on the ground chose to look anywhere but at their other team mates. Standing up, Sasuke dusted himself off. "Well then I'll go get to work," He grumbled before speeding off.

"Wha! Wait! Teme! Wait for me!" Naruto shouted jumping up, Hinata's hand grabbed the back of his jacket before he could get far.

"Naruto... the planks?" She asked.

"Ahh... ummm.. Well you see!? It was..." He was sweating, praying Hinata didn't see the broken plank pieces that he threw down earlier. "It was... all Teme's Fault!" He yelled out.

Hinata's glare grew darker as Naruto shrunk, feeling a lot like he did when he used to be scolded by Iruka Sensei.

"Ahh... Sorry Hinata, I'll go grab more..." He muttered running off to fix his mistake.

Haku sighed as the Orange clad Ninja ran off. "Sometimes it feels as if we're the sane ones of this team," Haku mumbled.

"Hm? What do you mean Sometimes? " Hinata replied.

That got a chuckle out of Haku, " You're correct as Usual Hime. All of the time," Haku corrected.

"It would be nice if Kakashi Sensei could reign them in..." Hinata sighed.

"Ha! You say that as if he is the Sane one. I would say he's as bad as them," Haku replied.

"Or worse..." Hinata mumbled as she rubbed her temples. She loved her team to bots, but damn could they give her a headache like no other.

"Come on, let's get back to work," Haku added, as he disappeared in a swirl of mist.

Anyway.  Things were getting back to normal.

BOOOM!

"NARUTO!"

Well as normal as they could get in Konoha. He was just happy Sasuke was back. It wasn't very hard to integrate him back into the village qs other than leave it Sasuke hadn't actually done anything wrong.

The council tried to get him imprisoned for killing Danzo, but with no evidence of that battle and no witnesses it was a bust. Everything else had in truth been for the Villages benefits. Destroying Orochimaru's bases, capturing and killing Rouge Ninja, befriending the other Major villages.

Heck Sasuke was the reason why Konoha could even attempt to make contact with Kumo since the Hyuga Kidnapping incident. With this type of backing, and the knowledge that Sasuke had Saved, both Jiraiya and Asuma. Well it was fairly easy to bring him back.

He would still be monitored for a few weeks but Kakashi saw no point in it. Sasuke was officially the Fastes Ninja in Konoha thanks to his use of the Flying Raijin. If he wanted to escape there would be absolutely nothing they could do.

Kakashi smiled as he saw his students berate Naruto for touching another seal. His students were all grown up. He couldn't feel prouder.

____________________________________

OK, so where have I been... uhhh trying to get my life together. Its very difficult.

Also I've been done with Uni for a while but I've been job hunting cus I need to pay rent, so that's a new stress level.

Finally, umm.. Hyper fixation on Web novels so I just haven't been doing or looking at anything else really.

OH! And preparing for Comic con. My sister and I are gonna go the the London Film and comic con next month so that's fun.

Otherwise, thanks for sticking around. Until I get my life together there won't be an update Schedule. So I have no idea when you'll get the next chapter.

It could be tomorrow, it could be next month I really don't know.

Thanks for reading guys.

Ja ne!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 31.5K 83
Two and a half years have passed since Team 7 was torn apart. Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Mariah have all studied under masters. What will happen whe...
52.4K 1.9K 43
Naruto Uzumaki was the last survivor. Last. Madara had killed everyone, and got rid of everything. Nothing was left. Naruto is about to end it all, b...
21.2K 424 16
This is a story about sasusaku post war and after Sasuke comes back to the village after his redemption journey. This also my first fanfic so some co...
101K 3.6K 30
Sequel to Forbidden (ItaSaku) - Book 1 Her heart was wrecked and her world was crushed by the only man that she ever truly loved. She remained an emp...