The Dark Heir - Nyx

נכתב על ידי smplymxlfoy

Theia believed Nyx would come for her, Nyx believed Theia abandoned him. When it's time for Zenova, Nyx's co... עוד

1. Theia.
2. Nyx
3. Theia.
4. Theia.
5. Nyx.
6. Theia.
7. Nyx.
8. Theia.
9. Nyx.
10. Theia.
11. Nyx.
12. Theia.
13. Nyx.
14. Theia.
15. Nyx.
16. Theia.
17. Nyx.
18. Theia
19. Nyx.
20. Theia.
22. Nyx
23. Theia
24. Nyx
25. Theia.
26. Theia.
27. Nyx
28. Theia.
29. Theia.
30. Nyx
31. Theia.
32. Theia
33. Nyx
34. Theia
35. Nyx
36. Nyx
37. Theia
38. Theia
39. Nyx.
40. Theia
41. Theia.
42. Nyx
43. Theia
44. Nyx.
45. Theia
46. Theia
47. Nyx
48. Theia
49. Theia
50. Nyx
51. Theia
52. Nyx
53. Theia
54. Theia
55. Nyx
56. Theia
57. Theia
58. Nyx
59. Theia
60. Theia
61. Nyx
62. Theia
63. Theia
64. Nyx
65. Theia
66. Nyx
67. Theia
ANNOUNCEMENT

21. Theia

963 32 1
נכתב על ידי smplymxlfoy

Theia didn't think she would accept Nyx's offer so quickly. Mentally, she had, but she had yet to tell him. She slammed her key to the tavern on the counter and marched out. Now she was pacing on the street trying to determine if she should go home or go to Nyx. She wanted to leave desperately, but she didn't want to leave with him.

With a groan of frustration, Theia turned in the direction of her home. She didn't need to go tell Nyx that he won just hours after their argument; she would go home and let him think that she was still determining if she would leave with him or not. Her stomach was empty and begging for supper, but after Nyx had taken all of her money, her pantry ran empty. He had fed her earlier, but with the appetite she had grown used to throughout the centuries, bread wasn't enough to satisfy Theia.

Her teeth ground together as she made her way down the road. Theia couldn't fathom how desperate she was to see him the night before. It had to be some strange reaction to the entire night, to seeing him in a way she never had before. Theia didn't feel that way any longer. It was as if seeing his face in her nightmares was enough to bring her back to reality. Nyx was not her friend, he was a monster that only ever fed her trauma and pain.

She would accept his offer of travelling the courts if not only to find someone else to bring her around Prythian or simply find somewhere to stay and settle. Theia may originate from the Night Court, but she could find refuge anywhere.

As if the Mother knew what was in her mind, Theia glared at the letter tucked in her door. She tore it from the doorframe and opened it, her forefinger resting on the broken seal.

Nyx, Heir of the Night Court,

I'm glad to have found your letter. I would be happy to have you stay with me, we have a guest quarter that needs to be used. You've caught me at a good time, because I will be at my palace for a few weeks. Do not feel obligated to spend your time with me- your friend and yourself are welcome to travel my court and my home as much as you wish. You can join me for meals, or have it privately. I will have two bedrooms set aside for your stay.

I am also grateful to hear of your friend's interest in my court. I ask only to have time with them so that I may enlighten them further. Perhaps upon your arrival, or at a meal. Come whenever you wish.

Thesan, High Lord of the Dawn Court

Theia found herself smiling down at the parchment, her eyes scanning the beautiful writing over and over. Her smile dropped when she noticed the scribbled writing at the bottom. Not nearly as fine as Thesan's hand, but still elegant.

Your bag is packed. I didn't break in, you left your door unlocked. Find me when you're ready to leave.

She knew who wrote it, and knowing that Nyx had entered her home had Theia sick. Indeed, her door opened when she twisted the knob. A fire was already roaring on the hearth, and a trunk on the couch. It was open, revealing the folded clothes within. With a grimace, Theia began to prod through the clothing Nyx had packed her. It took hardly a single movement to see that this clothing was not her own.

On the top of the pile, golden fabric was laid across the other clothing. Theia swallowed, lifting the fabric up. It moved like liquid- possibly a satin material. Theia had thought it was a dress, but it was a robe. Crimson threads were woven throughout the arms and neckline, and the fabric somehow looked opaque and transparent. She laid it over the couch, brows furrowing as she grabbed for more. These were pants, similar to Night Court attire in their loose and billowy fabric. The top was nearly the same, cut short with no sleeves.

Theia laid the golden clothes with the golden robe, reaching in for more. There were several outfits that replicated the first, though some were crimson, white, or a rose-tinted color that she was sure would match the sky. The backs of the robes and shirts had no buttons to secure them, but slits in the fabric from the bottom to nearly the neckline. As she neared the bottom of the trunk, her eyes widened.

Scattered jewelry of golden metal and ruby gems were strewn throughout, though beneath them laid more clothing. Theia grabbed at them, nearly shrieking in horror. Nyx had packed her intimate clothing. Undergarments made of transparent and silken material; some with more coverage than others. A pair of thicker material had her guessing they were meant to be seen, not hidden like the rest.

Theia bit down on her tongue as she folded the clothes and shoved them back into the trunk. Her hand reached for the lid, but a note tucked inside had her pausing. Theia grabbed the parchment, brows furrowing as she unfolded it.

Made a quick trip to Thesan's village to gather you some suitable clothing. If it doesn't fit or you'd like more, we can go to the shops when we arrive. I plan to do this for each court you choose to go to- I have more knowledge of the courts' fashion. If I don't see you tonight, I'll be at your house tomorrow morning.

Theia slammed the lid shut with a groan, dropping the note on top of it. Nyx didn't bother to let her think about it, he expected her to go. Theia wanted to, but the simple act of him expecting her to go made her want to be stubborn. However, as Theia looked around the room and realized how terrible her life in this village had become, she didn't want to stay a moment longer.

Gritting her teeth, Theia went to her bathing chamber. She stripped her clothes off and started the tub, pacing as she waited for it to fill. She poured the soap within, sighing at the scented steam. When the water was high enough, Theia lowered herself in. She scrubbed her skin, ridding herself of the last two centuries of living in this village. Tomorrow would be new, tomorrow she would be in a place that no one knew her. She could suffer Nyx if it meant a new life.

She washed her hair, face, and body as though she was cleaning herself of the past. When her skin was red and sore, she climbed from the tub and dried off. With the towel loose around her body, Theia marched out of the bathing chamber. The sun had fallen, leaving her home lit only by the fireplace. Theia aimed for her bedroom, but nearly screamed when a figure in the sitting room shifted.

"Nyx! What are you doing here?" She shrieked, tightening the towel around her body. He stepped closer, the orange flames lighting half of his body.

"I want to leave. I'm going tonight, with or without you."

Her eyes widened as she hurriedly glanced around her home. "Your letter said you'd be here in the morning. What happened?"

"Nothing happened. Cassian came to the house, I told him we would be leaving, and he decided to stay with Zen until she was ready to be alone. I'm leaving, are you?"

It was only then that she took in what he wore. It wasn't the firelight that glistened, it was the golden fabric. Nyx wore the billowing pants, no shirt, and an open robe. Her eyes trailed his body for a moment, stricken by the sight of him in something that seemed so provocative. Her mouth ran dry, her eyes lifting to his. They seemed so blue compared to the orange and golden light around him.

"I- I guess so. I need to get dressed," Theia croaked, forcing her eyes to stay on his. Nyx stepped back and motioned to the closed trunk on the couch. Her throat worked on a swallow as she held the towel to her chest and walked around the couch. Theia opened the trunk, reaching for the golden trio of clothing. She reached deeper, gathering the undergarments.

With a blush on her cheeks, Theia tucked the clothes to her chest and hurried back to the bathing chamber. As the door slammed, Theia laid the clothes onto the vanity and dropped her towel. She began to pull on the undergarments, shocked at the smooth fabric against her skin. As she clasped the brassiere beneath her wings, her eyes lifted to the mirror.

If she had thought Nyx looked provocative, these were downright erotic. The golden sheer fabric was nearly a second skin compared to her tan skin tone. She could see her nipples through the material, the darker skin hardly hiding behind the fabric. As Theia pulled the loose shirt over her head, she realized it wasn't much better.

The shirt was more opaque than the brassiere, though in the right light, her breasts were visible. Perhaps it was why they also wore robes. Theia reached for the pants, though stopped when she caught herself in the mirror. Her eyes widened as she tilted her hips slightly, marking the way the fabric hardly covered her rear. Face heating, Theia tugged the pants on. Similar to the top, they didn't hide much.

As she situated the robe fabric between her wings, she realized hers was not like Nyx's. It was not open in the front, though it offered that option with buttons running all the way down. It ended at her knees. It hid her body, though light showed her shape behind the fabric.

Tying her damp hair into a knot at the back of her neck, Theia smoothed the fabric, snuffed out the light, and made her way back out to Nyx. He had stacked another trunk on top of hers, leaning his body against them as he waited. She cleared her throat, shivering in the cool air and light fabric. Nyx turned to look at her, his throat bobbing.

He'd never seen her in clothing like this, and though the room was dark enough to hide the sheerness of the fabric, Theia felt as though she was nude in front of him. Her ears burned as she walked up to the fire and poured a pitcher of water over the remaining flame, leaving them in darkness.

"Ready?" Nyx's voice was low, dark. Theia nodded, realizing he could hardly see her in the dim moonlight. Instead, she waited for him to lift the trunks into his arms and grabbed the fabric of his robe. Theia wished she could look around her home one more time before he winnowed them away, but before she could say anything, they were standing in a brightly lit receiving room.

Theia gasped, dropping Nyx's robe as she spun. They were on the edge of a staircase, the sky a deep violet. Massive pillars surrounded them, leading across to massive stone doors. Each pillar had a sconce to light the path to the doors. Theia turned in a slow circle, her eyes taking in each crumb of beauty. It was warm. Excitement bubbled in her chest and Theia couldn't help the gleeful laugh that escaped her as she stepped to the edge of the bridge.

The excitement fizzled when she heard Nyx grunt and his feet carrying him to the doors. With a small frown, her hand slipped from the edge and she followed along, glancing through the pillars to see moonlight dancing across a foggy haze. The doors opened, and Nyx marched through them. Theia frowned, turning to catch one last glimpse of the bridge before she followed him into the palace.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

73.3K 2.4K 68
What if there was another Archeron sister? Rhaella Nyx Archeron, twin sister of Feyre Archeron made a promise to her mother as well: do whatever it t...
23.4K 792 52
For everyone who is sick of waiting for Sarah J Maas to finally release Azriel's story. And everyone who doesn't want him to end up with Gwyn or Ela...
30.2K 1.2K 32
It's been 100 years since the war against Hybern. A competition is announced, the best fighters from across Pythian gather to take part, the prize be...
28.5K 1.2K 40
A Court of Thorns and Roses fanfiction After Mor is gravely injured in an assassination attempt in Valhallan while on assignment, Azriel is given th...