Pretty Virgin Rhodes (STRICTL...

By smil3_books

'Where Roses Grow' - π™π™ƒπ™Šπ˜Ώπ™€π™Ž Never mix business with pleasure, they say. Never date a rich man, they say... More

PRETTY VIRGIN RHODES - don't skip
1. Meeting the CEO
2. The Skirt That Seeks Attention Unknowingly
3. Throwback on a B*tch
4. Doing Him A Favor
5. Am I Getting Fired? *cries*
6. That Red Dress
7. My Boss & His Morals
8. Gulf Was Never My Thing
10. Misinterpretation
11. Whiskey Makes You Do Crazy Things
12. Whisky Numbs Pain
13. The Night It Begun - Part One
14. The Night It Begun: Part Two
15. Take Me Somewhere
16. Small Things, Big Memories
17. 24 Hours to Make You Fall for Me
18. Jealously at its Peak
19. How to be a Fake Girlfriend
20. Pretty Feet
21. Wild Imaginations
22. Be My Date
23. Dine, Wet and Feelings
24. The Photos
25. Don't Hate the Game, Hate the Player
26. Soft Kiss in a Car Park Theatre
27. His Little Secret
28. Sit on the Desk and Look at Me
29. Blair Never Gave Up
30. Have to Let You Go
31. Three Days Alone with my Ex-Boss
32. Day One - Nasty, Nasty
33. Day Two - Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes
34. Closure

9. Roses Brought Back Memories

74 11 1
By smil3_books

~ Everyone Had A Chapter, They Don't Read Out Loud~

Another board meeting has taken place in the boardroom. Mr. Bezos wore a solemn expression on his face. I've been tossed around like a pancake all morning. The fact that he has shown no emotion since what happened a few days ago on the golf course.

"Our profit margin has increased," a woman said as she opened a file to begin her presentation. "Our product has received numerous positive reviews, and a larger corporation wishes to promote it." 

"According to the charts, our sales have increased by 15%," Mr. Bezos said as he rummaged through the files. "I'm liking what I'm seeing."

"Yes, sir," the woman said, "That's all there is to it."

I went to the restroom after the meeting. I needed to excuse myself just to keep my cool. He was working me like a dog, and I'm pretty sure I could spend the rest of eternity in here. I heard the toilet flush as I stared at my reflection in the mirror, adjusting the strands of hair from my bun. 

Tears ran down the woman's cheeks as she exited the restroom, her cheeks covered in dark mascara. As she washed her hands, she inhaled. She said nothing to me at all. However, I was worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I hate this place," she sniffed. "You think you've magically thought that someone is really into you, but you were just a game to them." She ran a hand through her untidy, tangled hair.

How awful.

"By a staff member here?"

"Yes," she said, lowering her head, "he dared to screw me and videotaped it." His morals were to make me fall for him and then dump me, and I accepted the blame. "I'm sorry, but I just need the day off," she cried as she ran toward the door.

The main reason I worked so hard to protect myself is that you can't possibly know who is playing whom, and you can't just go around trusting random men without being smart. Could you imagine what she was feeling? 

I returned to Mr. Bezos with a flat sigh. I was standing next to him like a robot at his desk. Would this man leave me alone?

I observed him going through some files and signing some paperwork.

"Go get me some coffee," he said unexpectedly.

I rolled my eyes and did as I was told, not saying anything to him. I made his coffee, but I was curious how he liked it. I put cream in his coffee without thinking twice. I returned with the coffee and set it beside him. 

"I hope this is black coffee," he said as he looked at the cup.

"You didn't specify whether you wanted black or cream, sir," I said as calmly as I could, "so I thought you'd like yours with a little cream."

"You should have asked," he said, turning in his chair.

Without arguing, I said, "I'll get you another then," and as I turned to walk away, he grabbed my wrist.

"What's your problem?" I snatched my hand from his grasp. You can't just take my wrist whenever you want. "It bothers me."

"I never told you to leave. I didn't tell you to leave."

Wow. He can be a jerk, and because I was getting used to it, I brushed it off like shit on my shoes.

"Fine." I stood beside him, my hands at my sides and my face as straight as an arrow. 

He studied my emotions while admiring my face. With a small smile, he shook his head. Was he just smiling? His phone rang, and he immediately answered it.

"Yes. We fired her for deception. I discovered her stealing from the company the other day. "She met with me for a raise a few days before the incident," he continued.

While listening to his conversation, I realized he was talking about Tracy. and just thinking about it made my stomach turn. My spirit was unsettled by the fact that she was innocent. 

"I fired her." I'll make certain she doesn't get any work in this field. She's going to do it again. "She got lucky because I didn't want to put her in jail."

How heinous? If he had known that his soon-to-be wife was behind the setup, he would not have fired her. I couldn't understand why he married such a witch.

He hung up, and I desperately wanted to say something, but I didn't have any evidence to defend her. I was furious.

"Your work here is done," he said, raising his hand to eye level and reading the time on his watch. "You may leave." 

With a sigh of relief, I nodded and proceeded to the door. I went to my office to get my belongings and then locked the door. I went downstairs to meet Blair, who was driving me home.

He dropped me off, and I went inside to shower and go to bed.

Roses were a major obsession of mine. In my backyard, I had a large rose garden, especially white roses, which represent innocence and purity. I loved nature and simple things that evoked memories for me. Athena never seemed to enjoy small things, but she did enjoy expensive items. I wish she could be more appreciative of things. just a little. 

My father decided to pay me a visit. He was improving, but I was still concerned about his condition. He appeared in my backyard with a cup of tea in his hand. He was a big fan of herbs. He claims it helps him relax and makes him feel ten times better. 

"You never gave up on your roses, son," he said as he joined me in the garden. "They are so pure and lovely."

"You already know how I am." Nature and the things that come with it are important to me. "Look how lovely this is," I said as I watered it.

"You never alter." It used to make me laugh that you've been obsessed with roses since you were a child. "Do you remember that time when that girl rejected you after you put so much effort into her and gave her a bouquet of roses from your garden?" 

"I agree, Father." "I buried that memory a long time ago."

That story was one of my worst experiences, and the fact that I despised it makes me wish I could go back in time and erase that memory.

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

11 Years Ago

I admired her from a distance. Her smile warmed my heart because she was sweet and pure. She was in her own world, her eyes icy blue and her skin soft and smooth. I tried talking to her several times before finally succeeding, and things changed.

On weekends, we would hang out. She'd come over, and we'd play board games and water the roses in my backyard. 

I looked at her and said, "When a lot of these grow, I'll give you a whole bunch."

We shared a lot of interests, and she always told the funniest jokes. We spent a lot of time tussling with pillows and running around my large house.

We got to the point where we were so close that I believed we had feelings for one another. However, things changed when she met someone who demanded all of her time away from me. When I called her, she was rarely there. I would wait for her to arrive at our meeting place for hours, but she never did because she was spending less time with me. 

I felt broken and had no idea what to do. I chose to go see her. But this time, I brought her the roses I had previously promised to give her once they had grown. I walked up to her door and, with one hand behind my back, rang the doorbell, patiently waiting for the door to open.

It felt like years had passed when the door opened and I saw her. She smiled briefly when she saw me, but I failed to notice the expression on her face.

"Cas, I brought you these," I said. I handed her the bouquet and showed her.

She gave them a quick glance before saying, "They are so beautiful," and taking them.

"I'd like to tell you something."

"What is that?" she asked, her brow furrowed.

"Well," I mused, "I like you, and I was thinking maybe we could date."

"Amir," she sighed, "about that," she looked down, "I don't have the same feelings." "I only saw you as a friend." 

That broke my heart. When I was in my senior year of high school, I decided to stay inside and not come out for two years. I avoided her and did things to keep her out of my mind. I decided to never to show my emotions again, even when I was at my weakest, and I would never let anyone cut me like that again. 

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

"Son, I'm glad that you're okay." "How is everyone doing with the wedding?" he asked.

"It turns out that the wedding is going on as well as expected." "With me and work, Athena has been doing most of it."

"And work?"

"You know that I have that under control." "Everything is running smoothly."

We continued talking for quite a while. I reunited with my dad; we played a few board games, then I had one of my drivers take him home. I was in my study room reading one of my favorite books that night. I haven't visited the office, but I sent work to Eleanor.

This helped me find peace and relax my mind. The door was pried open with force. Athena entered with six different shopping bags in her hands.

"I've been calling you since daybreak." "What's the matter with your phone?" She rolled her eyes.

"My phone is in the bedroom." I sighed, pausing from reading my book. "I spent the entire evening with my father."

"My father is throwing a party tomorrow night, so I went out and bought us new clothes and shoes." "We're matching and going with royal blue." 

"Do we really have to?" "Can we just stay the night and gaze at the stars while eating delicious food?"

"I told you I was on a diet." "I've gained three pounds since that brunch date," she admitted.

"Athena, we haven't spent much alone time," I said, running my hand through my hair. "With business and you shopping, planning the wedding, and going out with friends 24 hours a day, seven days a week," 

"Baby, don't say that," she said softly. "We can do that another time, but this party is mandatory." There will be a lot of other big businessmen there, and it could be a great boost for your company. "Who knows."

"I'll give it some thought."

"You don't have to consider it." "Just agree to accompany me."

"It is dependent on my schedule." "You're aware of how difficult work can be." 

"I believe you can get one of your most reliable men to handle that for you." "I didn't buy these for nothing, so you're leaving," she said as she left.

When I first met Athena, she wasn't like this. She was certainly attractive, but she was also very intelligent. She is a master at business planning, but she never actually conducts business. She was more focused on her appearance.

I picked up my book and started reading again, crossing my feet on the desk. I enjoyed reading romance novels. The author made it seem so real by providing specifics and expertly creating an image in our minds. 

I joined Athena upstairs after finishing a few chapters of reading. In front of the mirror, she was wearing a nightgown while applying cosmetics to her face. Her hair was beautifully draped over her shoulders.

"You look beautiful," I said as I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her neck.

"You tell me that like a million times," she said with a smile.

"How about I put you to sleep?" I asked, casting a quick glance at her in the mirror.

She laughed, saying, "You're naughty."

"Take this off, sweetheart, and crawl your way to bed."

I'm worn out. My head hurts as I continue to edit and proofread for errors. I sincerely appreciate you reading today's chapter. 

with love, Krystal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 455 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
1.3M 51.4K 47
My life should be great. I have an amazing job with one of the biggest event management companies around, and I have a wonderful boyfriend. Oh wait...
2.1M 11.7K 12
"You have no fucking idea how long I've been wanting to do this." He started with my heals as he kneeled between my legs. He removed the right one fi...