Fate

By DiamondKulture

She broke his heart. She left him when he needed her the most. She was the most precious thing he'd ever had... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue
A/N
New story Alert!!!!!

Chapter 14

3.1K 79 0
By DiamondKulture

Jace's POV

It had been five days since Raine came down with a fever, five days that we had been living in a civil manner, no banters, no arguments, no quarrels.

Just two people living together, I didn't realize she hadn't seen any of our wedding photos until she said it that day

And the fact that she apologized for what happened four years ago, has been on my mind, it has been making me ask a lot of questions but I dare not voice them out.

I really wanted to know what went wrong, I know she didn't just wake up and want to end it all, there had to be something, maybe something I had done.

I needed explanation but I was afraid of what I'd get if I asked her, it might not be what I want, and it most likely won't fill the void in my heart.

She had been smiling a lot and I found myself smiling too whenever she did, that was how much little things about her affected me.

I had been the one driving her to and from work everyday since the fever thing, I know she keeps saying she's fine but I can't help but want to drive her still.

The fact that she hasn't really blamed me for the rain incident has been bothering me too, I mean didn't it anger her that a man she once loved would do something like that to her

I know she once told me she was afraid of rainstorm and thunder, so doing that was really wrong of me but it had been done.

The doctor called me that he had something to tell me about the test he carried out on her, said it was important and I needed to be at his office.

I had just dropped Raine off at home when he called, so I was currently walking towards his office, I knocked and he ushered me in.

I took a seat after giving him a handshake

"Thank you for seeing on such short notice Mr Sinclair" he said and I just nodded.

He breath out before proceeding "I don't know how I'm going to tell you this because I don't know if you know, or if your wife knows" he said and I just got more interested at whatever he wanted to say.

"What is it doctor"? I asked and he sighed out loud.

"Mr Sinclair, the test I carried out on your wife came out with a few results, including the high fever she had due to cold" he explained and I nodded "it also came out with something rather odd" he breath out.

"It shows here that your wife has a damaged uterus and can't carry a child, let alone give birth" he said and I froze, I literally froze.

What is he talking about
"I don't understand doctor"? I asked and he sighed obviously afraid of what I might do

"Mr Sinclair, due to excessive and unsupervised abortions your wife has gone through, it has damaged her uterus that it can no longer hold a foetus" he told me further making me tense up.

Unsupervised abortions?
What does he mean?
When did she ever get an abortion?

"Doctor, I don't understand what you mean, but I'd like to have a talk with my wife before we go any further, maybe this is a mix up" I said getting up and he just nods.

"Alright sir, no problem" he says and I walk out of the office with a lot on my mind.

What does he mean by excessive abortions, last I checked, she was never pregnant for me, unless..... No I don't think Raine would do something like that.

There's only one way to find out so I get into my car and drive straight home.

________________________________________

I arrive home and head straight for Raine's room, usually I should be angry for what I just heard but I'm more scared and panicking.

I didn't want it to be true but let me confirm first, so I opened her door and walked in, she was no where in sight, so I called her name

"Raine" my voice resounded in the whole room

"In here, give me a minute I just wanna take a quick shower" her voice came at me from the bathroom, the past few days we had gotten past our difference.

We no longer wanted to kill each other like before, or I wanting to hurt her like I intended.

I looked around her room and when I was about to sit down, my eyes caught something on her table, it was a journal, not just a journal.
One I bought for her on her birthday when we started dating

It looked old but I could recognize it from anywhere, I picked it up and opened the first page, it was her writing and it looked as if she was writing about her day's event, I looked at the date and it was the day I gave it to her.

I smiled at the memory before going through more pages, I realized there were a lot of memories in here and if I kept reading, I'd just be hurting myself

So I made to close it but something else inside the journal caught my attention, it was a chain, another gift I gave her, it was hanging in between two pages so I opened up the pages to find the necklace there.

It still looked beautiful with it's butterfly pendant sitting at the edge.

I decided to look at the date on the page and I realized, it was the day she left me, the day she told me she never loved me.

I didn't want to relive that memory so I almost closed the page but something kept bugging me to just go through it and I did.

Nothing, and I mean nothing would have prepared me for what I read on that page

_____________________________________________

Raine's POV

In a way Jace had warmed up to me, not completely tho but I know he was trying, I mean I broke his heart so I would never have blamed him if he hated me forever for it.

It had been days since I got the fever, he has been the one driving me to work and back, at first I thought he only wanted to do something to me but then after the first day I realized he meant no harm.

We now lived peacefully, although there were times he just ignored me but asides that, he had basically been acting like the old Jace, only this Jace no longer loved me.

Today he brought me back from work and told me he was going out, he probably would be back later

So I decided to write a few things in my journal, the journal he got me on my 21st birthday after we started dating, I kept it and also the necklace pendant he had bought me too.

They were my most prized possession because they came from a special someone.

I was done writing so I just left the journal on the bedside table to quickly take a shower before I went downstairs to eat.

I was in the bathroom when I heard my door open, I had just stepped inside.

I thought it was Gladys but when I heard my name, I knew it was Jace so I told him I'd be quick.

Only for me to step out now and see him standing there with the journal in his hands, and when he looked at me, his eyes were red and he was clenching his jaw.

Why didn't I realize he'd see this
I should have just kept it in the drawer before going into the shower, but I didn't think he would come home now.

I know the page he read because I saw the necklace pendant with him, I used it to mark that point in my life when everything changed

The day I was forced, or should I say threatened to break up with him
The day I had to chose between saving the man I love by hurting him or being selfish and watching him die.

Of course I could never live with myself of anything happened to Jace so I chose to save him

The look in his eyes showed that he had already seen what I didn't want him to see, what I never wanted anybody to see.

And he was going to ask for an explanation

Drum roll, okay now the real fun begins 😁😁😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.8K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...
5.5M 139K 39
She - Innocent, shy, clumsy, naïve 19 year old beautiful girl who's trying to face the challenges life is throwing at her. With no parents besides he...
565K 13.4K 42
The person I've dedicated my whole life to was standing in front of me holding his mistress's hand asking me to leave My chin trembled as I tried to...
216 0 17
"You're unbearable!" He kicks her with utter contempt. "Please tell me where I'm wrong, causing you discomfort was not my intention," she said crying...