Cold as Ice → Max Verstappen

By SuspiciouslySav

With the motorsport world finally putting light on the women of racing, one racer was ready to work her way u... More

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭
𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
i| Kimi's Kid
ii| Karting
iii| Elijah
iV| Lake side
V| Milton Keynes
Vii| Robyn Saunders
Viii| The bet
iX| Bright lights
X| Bottle of...water?
Xi| Broken Hearts
Xii| A father's threat
Xiii| Protection of friends
XiV| Simple life
XV| Driver girlies
XVi| Monaco
XVii| Dirt Track
XViii| Snowflakes
XiX| The hike
XX| The Launch
XXi| Call me a freind
XXii| The Stare
XXiii| Kill for me
XXiV| Whirlwinds
XXV| Two surprises, one day
XXVi| All over again
XXVii| Maxsplaining
XXViii| Destiny
XXiX| Luck
XXX| Lights Out
XXXi| The Red Bull shirt
XXXii| Beautiful
XXXiii| Through the snow
XXXiV| A slope and bottle
XXXV| Monaco and Mira
XXXVi| Verstappens
XXXVii| The Trophy
XXXViii| Band is back together
XXXiX| Expect the unexpected
XL| A Chance
Epilogue
ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖

Vi| Good Luck charm

2.4K 74 7
By SuspiciouslySav

Italics: Finnish

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🧊🇫🇮 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : A.M

"Feels like this could be forever right now

Don't wanna sleep cause we're dreamig out loud."

If you asked Anneli Räikkönen if she really thought she would race better than anyone on the Formula 1 grid, she'd tell you she could. 

Anneli didn't have a big ego but she was ultra-realistic; she knew her flaws and her strengths as well as those around her. She'd analysed the driving of the current F1 grid, she understood how she would place.

She knew for a fact she could out-drive Robyn Saunders in equal machinery but in all honesty, most of the grid could because she didn't have the years of experience. She was just lucky in a good car and a good attitude towards putting in the hours. 

Anneli knew she was better than Logan Sargaent because they had raced together and she also thought she could take on De Vries and Mick Schumacher. 

Some people thought it was a character flaw that Anneli would echo these thoughts but those who knew the young woman were positive she knew exactly where she had her statistics from. Anneli didn't say anything she wasn't sure of. It's what made her such a valuable asset.

In her opinion, those who didn't know their worth in the sport were wasted talent anyway.

Jenni Dahlman, Anneli's mother, had always taught her that knowing her worth was the biggest thing she could possibly do in any aspect of life...from men to sports to friends. So, Anneli gave her mother credit for that feature in her life.

"I won't be late, Anneli, I promise," Jenni spoke over the phone. "You worry too much."

"I didn't say you'd be late," Anneli corrected. "I asked if you would be there friday or saturday."

"Obviously Saturday! I want to watch you in the Formula 1 car," Jenni replied. "Has your dad freaked out yet?"

"No. I don't think he will," Anneli replied as she shrugged despite her mother not being able to see it.

Jenni hummed on the other end of the phone.

"How was meeting the Red Bull team?"

"Nice, I think. My english wasn't the best," Anneli replied. "I'm still working on it but we seemed to get along. Max and I are on the same level, Checo is just a little awkward at times but he was nice."

"Good," Jenni breathed. "Good. Okay, I'm going to end the call now but I will see you in Abu Dhabi. I love you, Anneli."

"Love you too mom, bye."

Ending the call, Anneli let out a faint sigh. She was glad that her mom was coming to the race but part of her was worried that all her family would distract her from what she was trying to do: win. 

It was weird for her sometimes because she still remembered all of the days she sat in the Ferrari garage, watching her dad put his helmet on and ruffling her hair. She remembered how the engineers would let her sit with them or how Sebastian would make sure she was taken care of, had eaten and was happy.

She even remembered how Alonso would wave at her when she walked, clinging to Kimi's hand, and Valterri pulling faces at her while talking to her in Finnish as one of the drivers native to there.

It seemed odd to her that she would be back in the f1 paddock as a junior driver, walking next to her retired father and watching those she had grown up around. It was surreal in a way.

"Anneli, we leave in a few hours, make sure you have packed," Kimi warned as he walked past her room.

"Got it," Anneli called back.

"Can I help?" Rianna asked as she stood in her doorway.

"Of course, come here," Anneli smiled,"Do you want to help me find my racing things?"

"Yes!" Rianna bubbled with excitement.

"Okay, my gloves should be in that drawer right next to you," Anneli spoke as she zipped her helmet into its bag.

Rianna came running back with the gloves, dropping them into Anneli's suitcase. Anneli adored her siblings and Rianna was impossible to ignore with her cuteness.

"I'll bring your picture for good luck," said Anneli as she unpinned the picture.

Rianna let a little squeal at this.

It was a drawing of Anneli in a race suit, standing on top of the podium. She hoped it might bring her some good luck and if it didn't, it was still from her little sister.

Anneli had a customised helmet for the final race of the season; the top had the Finnish flag with snowy mountains surrounding it to represent her favourite place in Switzerland. The rest of the helmet was decorated as frozen since Anneli had braced the ice nature of the family name. She also had Kimi, Jenni, Minttu, Robin and Rianna written around the base. On the top of the visor, the words 'Racing for Seb' for clearly shown.

"What do you think, Ria, think I'll win?" Anneli questioned.

"Yeah, you fast!"

Anneli smirked as she placed the final things into her case, zipping it closed. 

"I hope so," Anneli breathed. "Okay, let's go find Robin."

Anneli took Rianna's hand as they headed to find Robin. 

______________

Snow Club: Group Chat
Fish 🐠: Joel
Let it go ❄️: Elsa
Ambulance 🚑: Levi
Rich kid 💸: Elijah
Ice Cube 🧊: Anneli

Fish 🐠
Heard you're flying out today
good luck

Let it go ❄️
yeh good luck

Ice Cube 🧊
thanks guys

Ambulance 🚑
THINK OF ME WHEN YOU WIN

Rich kid 💸
Levi, why would she think of you
and no one else 😭

Ambulance 🚑
I'm the favourite

Let it go ❄️
🤣

Fish 🐠
No you're not

Ice Cube 🧊
I don't have favourites
and no i won't be thinking about you
or anyone. If I win, I'll think
of taking a nice nap

Rich kid 💸
Wow exciting

Ice Cube 🧊
It is, thank you.

Ambulance 🚑
A NAP?
NO. GO PARTY IF YOU WIN

Ice Cube 🧊
In all honesty, I would
but my siblings will be with me
so maybe something family-friendly

Fish 🐠
cute but boringggg

Let it go ❄️
If you win, we'll throw you a party
when you get back

Ice Cube 🧊
Deal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 146 10
When the daughter of Charles Leclerc has one ultimate dream, being a f1 driver.
271K 3.7K 36
A woman in Formula 1 was something that everyone believed they didn't want. "Take part in the W series" is what always echoed, as though they wished...
237K 4.8K 19
"𝓘𝓯 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷. 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵. 𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓾𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 Norah had worked her entire life up to this moment. Driving for a formula one team was...
21K 701 23
Mai Chen had no knowledge or cared about motorsports in any way, simple. Her heart belonged to the piano, her hands moving to play the perfect melody...