Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

By Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... More

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)

324 6 2
By Kiriyarin_

- 𝗞𝗮𝘇𝘂𝗺𝗮'𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘆 (Ⅰ)-

''Kazuma-kun, I-I...''

Ichika lost her balance after tripping over one of the cardboard boxes, causing her to land on top of me. Now, I find myself pinned to the cold floor beneath her. Disturbing.

''Ichika, get off me.''

''I-I...'' She began, beads of sweat forming on her forehead. Her chest heaving, pressing down on me and making it hard to breathe. ''A-are you okay?''

''Probably better than you are.'' I sighed. ''Now get off me, your sweat is dripping.''

''W-w-w-wait!... I have something to tell you.''

In this particular situation?

''Just say it.''

''For tonight...I wonder-''  Ichika gulped. Her eyes focused on mine, getting redder each passing second. ''...''

*Tsss...*

Voice. Very low, but audible. Sounds like something rubbing against a wall. Ichika can't hear as she tries to gather her words. 

''Ichika, did you hear that?''

''Huh...n-nani? H-hear what?''

*Tssssss...*

It's getting uncomfortably close, too close. Thanks to Ichika's incessant murmuring, I'm unable to pinpoint its exact source. My entire field of vision has been obscured by her, leaving me no choice but to stand up and check the situation by myself.

''Whatever you have to say, say it later.''

''B-but, It's important! Really important Kazuma-kun...''

Wait, this voice sounds like...

''ICHIKA!''

- 𝗙𝘂𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂'𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘆 (Ⅰ)-

''Miku, open the door!''

''I can't! The door is stuck! Fuutarou, Fuutarou! Help me! Nnghn!!'' 

Miku and I try to open the door before it's too late, but this time the door is locked on both sides, we have to use force to open it. I NO LONGER GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE SECURITY, WE HAVE TO OPEN THAT DOOR BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

''Kazuma! Ichika! Answer me, are you two okay?! Oi!''

No answer.

''I'll go find the k-key.'' Miku begins to shiver in anxiety.

''We don't have time, we have to break the door! I can't do it on my own, I need your help, Miku.''

''...'' Miku nods in silence. ''Fuutarou, on my mark. Let's kick it. The door looks pretty old, we can do it.''

Miku and I took up positions in front of the warehouse door. When Miku gives the signal, we'll both kick the door at the same time. In these situations, she really becomes a different person.

''...'' I nod back.

''3...2...---''

''
𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐀𝐇!!!''

''...Ichika! / ...!? ''

A terrifying scream.

''...1!''

Miku and I kicked the door as hard as we could at the same time. It was indeed flimsy, Within seconds, the door shattered into pieces, granting us access to the other side.

In an attempt to silence her screams, Ichika pressed her own hand against her mouth, her knees trembling with fear. The massive log had crashed to the ground yet Ichika shows no visible signs of injury. She must be in a state of shock. 

Miku bursts through the door to check on Ichika.

''Ichika, talk to me. Ichika!'' Miku kneels down with worried eyes. I follow her and did the same.

Ichika immediately embraces Miku. She says nothing and hugs her tightly in absolute silence. ''...''

I looked at Ichika's forehead and back, no visible traces of blood. Not injured. Then I turned my head and to the fallen wood. 

''...!'' Blood. It still drips. A small pool of blood forms where the wood fell. Oh my God... My stomach. A sudden urge to vomit is taking over my whole body, but not now, I have to hold on. ''Ichika, where is...Kazuma?

She looks at me with teary eyes. Miku managed to hold Ichika without saying a word. ''F-Fuutarou-kun...I...I...Kazuma-kun...''

''Ichika, what happened here?'' 

''Don't push her too hard; she's still in shock.'' Miku warned. ''...Ichika.''

''Kazuma-kun...He's—''

''Quit overreacting. Just a little bit of blood.''

Kazuma finally comes out of the back of the warehouse with a small white bag in his hand. Half of his face and right shoulder covered in fresh blood.

''Kazuma, are you ok---! You have bleeding!'' I said.

''As I said, don't overreact. I've had worse, and you know it.'' He says in his usual cold tone. I then look at the white leather bag Kazuma is carrying in his hand. Emergency first aid kit.

''Do you need help?'' Miku asks. ''What happened here?...''

''I noticed the wood before it fell, but was too late to flee. I pushed her aside.'' Then Kazuma spit on the ground. He spat out blood. ''And they ask me why I hate field trips.''

''Don't talk!'' I shout. ''You're injured. Give me the bag, I'll take care of your wounds.''

''...'' Kazuma ignores my words and looks at Ichika with rather pity or anger. ''Did you get hurt?''

Ichika's eyes fill with tears, probably blaming herself. ''Kazuma-kun...I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...''

"Tch, at least answer properly...And as for you, Fuutarou, my arm isn't broken, nor is there any permanent damage. Save your stupid interest for someone else." He settled down, leaning his back against the wall, and reached into his inner pocket to light a cigarette. Due to the open door, the smoke alarm is no longer functioning. "Give me a break..."

''Fuutarou, let's deal with Ichika first.''

''Deal. This was supposed to be a quiet day...''

.

.

.

Later, Ichika finally recovers from the shock she experienced. Thank God that Kazuma thought fast and pushed Ichika aside, it's impossible for an ordinary person to survive something like that. I can't even think of an ordinary person's situation if someone like him got injured.

Miku took a blanket and covers Ichika, now the four of us are sitting and leaning against the warehouse wall. This is how a plan backfires in the worst way possible.

''Kazuma-kun, umm...Sorry.'' Ichika finally spoke.

''...'' He shuts his eyes and crosses his arms. ''What were you going to tell me?''

''A-ah, that topic...'' Ichika managed to regain some of her old nee-san attittude. Pretty quick for someone who came back from the dead. ''N-nevermind, it wasn't a big deal at all. Does it hurt? You're still quite bloody...not in a metaphorical meaning.''

''Just a scratch.'' He held his cigar between two fingers. ''If only these two could have moved a little faster, perhaps these unnecessary events wouldn't happen.''

''H-huh!?.../ Kazuma?!'' Miku and I talked at the same time with widen eyes. Wait, it can't be, can it?...

''If you're going to eavesdrop on people, you need to lower your tone even more. Also, that window reflects shadows in. Even a primary student can understand what is happening, tch.''

Now Miku and I are completely flushed with embarrassment. We just stare at the floor in shame, doing nothing. I should have thought he wouldn't be fooled by these tricks. All we can do is laugh in embarrassment. ''H-hahaha.../ E-ehehehe...''

''Now now, Kazuma-kun. Don't get mad at them right away. I'm sure they just heard onee-chan's talk and got curious, right? Right? Hehe.''

THAT WAS YOUR PLAN?!...And it completely failed. It could have been the worst...What if someone else had been there. Bad thoughts are popping up in my mind. ''...''

It could have been a real disaster, my god... What on earth was I thinking?  I then feel a light tap on my shoulder. Miku smiles at me and places her right hand on my shoulder. She must have understood what I was feeling, and she... probably feels the same way.

But Miku's smile somehow comforts me. A smile that tells me the worst scenario I've ever thought of isn't real.

''Whatever the reason.'' Kazuma finally finished his cigar and flicks it to the trashcan. ''You three have to go now.''

''Why?'' Miku asked.

''Now that the door is long gone, security is on the way. You'll get caught.'' He stands up. ''It's your choice to get caught or not. I don't care.''

''Ah, I forgot the secruity, ngh!'' I facepalmed. ''Miku, we need to leave now.''

She nods back. ''Ichika, can you walk?''

''Hai hai, onee-chan's still fully functional, hehe~ Itta...My arm.''

''Are you hurt?'' 

''Fuutarou-kun, no no. I just hit my arm when I fell, it must have been bruised.'' 

Ichika rolled up her sleeves to check her arm, relieved to find no cuts or blood. However, she noticed they were bruised from the impact of the fall. These bruises would likely linger for a few days, but at least its a relief knowing that there was no internal bleeding.

''Ara, silly me.''

''Show me.''

''Kazuma-kun?''

''The bruises, show me.''  Kazuma lets out a deep sigh and opens the first-aid bag, pulling out two bandages.

''E-e-ehh...'' Ichika blushes as soon as possible. ''H-heh! W-w-worried about your onee-chan?~''

Kazuma skillfully wrapped the bandages over Ichika's wounds. Ichika's face is red with embarrassment, but she seems determined not to spoil her sarcastic personality. There is no trace of what happened five minutes ago on her...

I'm curious what the others are up to now. I'm sure their day is strange in a certain way.

''...'' He finished wrapping the bandages on her arm and grabs his coat from the ground. ''I'm leaving. I can't deal with the security.'' 

Then Kazuma vanishes from our sight, disappearing into the snow and trees. But he's right, we can't stay here any longer, the security will be here soon. 

''Miku, let's go.''

''Fuutarou, just a few minutes more.''

''Oi, do you want to get caught? Don't be ridiculous!''

''Fuutarou.'' Miku points the warehouse door. ''Look.''

''What now? Another prob---...Ichika, seriously?...''

''...''

- 𝗔𝘀𝘂𝗸𝗮'𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘆 (ⅠⅠ) -

[ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗵 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱. 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗵 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹...𝗟𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴... ]

Current Highscore

- - -

673343 pts.

''Can't SEGA just make those games a little bit more...challenging? Even tidying up my room is more challenging than that.''

It's already noon. After talking with Yotsuba, we decided to do some more skiing. It was quite fun, but we finally decided to rest. I don't know where she went, but there is only one place where I can find some peace while I rest here. Arcade.

Or so I thought. All of the games here are almost the same as those in Tokyo. Which I have my name on the high-score boards in all the arcades that exist within the city limits.

Right now I'm playing that latest zombie shooter game where you use a fake gun and have to change ammo for every single bullet you spend even if your bullet count is 19/20.

Well, maybe I better try fighting games instead of score-games. I haven't tried Street Fighter 6 yet, it would be a good opportunity. But let me finish this game first, it won't be nice to leave it halfway.

[ 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗵 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗱. 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹...𝗟𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴... ]

Current Highscore

- - -

857412 pts.

''Well, atleast it's a miracle it exists...'' I mumble.

''Do you accept a second player?''

''...?'' A male voice I don't recognize.

''It's free-for-all, I can't stop you if you want to be the second player.''

''Thanks, I'll try not to be a hindrance.''

He looks older than me, probably just turned twenty. Boy tosses a coin into the machine and picks up the second weapon that stands unused. And another weapon appears on the screen that isn't mine.

''You've been popular for a while now.'' Boy says.

''Excuse me?''

''You broke all the scores on the machine. People have been watching you for some time.''

''...'' I turn my head back, it really is. A middle-schooler group of 10-15 people watches me with their mouths hanging open. Probably the score I broke belonged to them. ''Let this be a life lesson for them to get better.''

''Nice perspective. You really aim well.''

''Thanks...I guess?''

I noticed it from the moment he entered the game. His gun-holding and aim are pretty good, well above the urban level. Sure, he can't come close to me, but I have to give him credit.

''I'm Shinsuke.''

''Asuka.''

''Are you the ones who come here for the field trip?''

''It seems so. Ah, the boss will come out of that corner, don't overspend on your bombs.''

''Thank you for the tip.'' His tone is quite calm, also has a mature vibe. ''...''

''Shinsuke-san, be careful that zombie actually uses tox-''

''You can call me Shin, Asuka-kun.''

Later, Shin-san and I managed to finish the game. I won't lie, Shin-san's talent isn't something to be taken lightly. If he develops himself a little more, he may probably be my arch-nemesis.

When the end screen of the game comes, I see that we actually made the highest score on this machine. The machine is asking us to type our name. ''Shin-san, your name-''

''You can type your name. I only played one level, everything else is your work.''

''...Arigatou...'' Now I feel embarrased. I wrote the first three letters of my name where the name should be written, A.S.K. So my name appeared on the top of the machine. Until someone beats me and my score. ''Are you here on vacation, Shin-san? I don't think anyone like you is from here at all.''

''Yes, my family and I.'' Shin-san places the gun back to the machine and smiles. ''Actually, I wanted to ask you something, Asuka-kun.''

I raise my eyebrow. ''...Hm?''

''You're going to be around for a while, right?''

''Guess so, I don't have anywhere else to go.''

''I have a important matters I need to take care of. I was wondering if you could look after my sister for an hour.''

''Your sister?...Is she here?''

''Yes, at the back. It's really okay if you don't want to do it.''

It wouldn't be nice to offend Shin-san when he really asked nicely. Also, having someone by my side can really help the time pass quickly. Itsuki, god knows where, judging by the texts she sent me, girls in her class kidnapped her. She sent me a selfie while she was making a huge snowman, heh. It's so nice to seeing her fun.

All right, there's still some time for the bonfire dance.

''I think I can, Shin-san.''

''You just relieved me of a huge burden, Asuka-kun.'' Shin-san takes his cell phone out of his pocket and texts someone. Probably telling his sister where to come. ''She's on her way.''

How hard can babysitting be? I mean...We've been looking after five blockheads for quite the time after all, hehe.

''By the way, Shin-san, you played pretty well back there. Do you have any experience?''

''Honestly Asuka-kun, arcades aren't really my thing. But my sister loves these kinds of places. You can say I got a little bit of experience without realizing it, as I accompany her all the time.''

''I think I know that feeling, ahahaha...''

''Mou, nii-chan! Baka! I told you a million times I don't want a babysitter! I'm a mature girl!''

As Shin-san and I chat, a little girl emerges behind the arcade machines. Really small, probably a year or two younger than Raiha.

''Emi, we're here.'' Shin-san waved his hand.

''Nii-chan! How old do you think I am?! I don't need a babysitter or anything, hmpf!''

No matter how mature and sane Shin-san looks, this girl seems the complete opposite of him. She is quite the lively little maiden.

''I'll be back in an hour, try to get along with Asuka-kun, okay?''

''Ha-?! Who? I don't need some old geezer to babysit m-'' She turns her head to me and her eyes go wide. ''HOLY MACARON, AN ANGEL?!''

''...Yo...'' I smiled. Old geezer hits hard, ouch.

''Nii-chan, you started human trafficking?! Where did you find such handsome boy?''

''Remember to be kind to others. Asuka-kun will look after you while I'm away. Can you hold on for awhile?'' Shin-san kneels down to the same height of her sister and smiles. ''Please?''

The girl looks at me, then at her brother, then at me and then back at her brother for a couple times. Every time she looks at me, her face turns red with embarrassment. I think she liked me, at least that means there won't be any problems.

''H-hai...'' She mumbles in shyness and then turns to me with a low voice tone. ''Emiko Arakawa. I'm e-eight years old. My birthday is May 5th, I share the same birthday with nii-chan. N-n-n-nice to meet you...'' She raises her hand for a handshake.

''Ah, pleasure to meet you Emiko-chan. Shin-san and I, wait...May 5th? Talk about coincidences.''

''I have to go, Asuka-kun, I'm counting on you. And Emi, don't make any trouble.''

Shin-san left the arcade in hurry, leaving me behind with the little lady.

''Emiko-chan, was it? I'm sorry if you don't want to spend time with me. I never used to like babysitting either.''

''N-nuh uh.'' She shook her head in denial. ''It's fine. I suppose I can tolerate you since you're way handsome."

''Direct talker, are we? I accept your compliment.'' I smiled. ''Shin-san said you like games. Wanna play something?''

Emiko's eyes suddenly lit up as if she had heard what she wanted to hear. ''Hai! But I'll choose the game! Hihi.''

She held my hand in an instant. Then Emiko-chan and I wandered around the arcade for a while to see what games were on. It's not really a big place, but there are a lot of new and old games, so we have a lot of possibilities.

I mean, what kind of games does a girl her age like? Balloon popping? Car race? Dance Dance Revolution?

After a brief period of time, we found ourselves back where we began. See what games she wants to play.

''This one! I want to try this one!-''

''Emiko-chan...That's...I dunno.''

Emiko-chan stood in front of the zombie game me and Shin-san had just played. This game is definitely too bloody and violent for an eight year old. What does that do to me if I let her play? A bad babysitter or a bad future dad?

Hold up, what? While I'm thinking about what to do, Emiko-chan has already put a coin in the machine, grinning.

''A-ah!? Emiko-chan, that game is too much for y---?!''

𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗘

- - -

1- E.M.I = | 985751 pts. |

2- A.S.K = | 951933 pts. |

''Woohoo! Asuka-san, have you seen that? Aren't I super-duper-awesome-wonderful? You can praise me, hehe. Praise me a lot plea---EEEHHH?! W-w-w-why are you looking like you're going to kill me?''

''Square tf up, THOT. You just declared war on nine realms!''

. . .

[ Later ]

''Asuka-san, so that's how you got into gaming...''

''You could say that.'' I munched my french fries and sigh. ''Shin-san was right.''

Emiko-chan and I went in a thrilling gaming marathon, conquering every single game that contains a leaderboard in the arcade. Yet, the final outcome ended in a draw, with both of us tied at 16 victories each. Turns out she's a total game freak. I don't remember being this fucking gaslighted in a long time, oh whatever. Not too bad in a draw, as long as I don't lose.

When we finished playing all the games, I realized we still had some time left, so we decided to grab a bite at one of the empty tables in the arcade. I got french fries and she chose strawberry milkshake.

''Asuka-san, Asuka-san. Thank you for today, it was a wonderful date.''

''No big deal, after all I-...Excuse me, did you just said date?''

''Ya bet! Having found such a ultra handsome man, it would be super wrong to leave him without a date, heh. Be grateful.''

''Aren't you eight years old?... Why are you even talking like that common antagonist girl type appears in every goddamn highschool romance manga?'' I sighed and scratched my neck. ''Ah, whatever. I appreciate the compliments tho. You're pretty cute as well.''

''Hmpf-- Kyun!~♡ Mwehehe.'' Emiko-chan put her hands on her cheeks and chuckled awkwardly.

*Tap*

A hand gently touches my shoulder from behind while I nibble my french fries, and what I see when I turn my head is... it makes my heart go.

"Spare some for me, please. I haven't eaten anything since morning~♡''

''I-I-Itsuki?!'' I quickly finished the fries I munch and gulped. ''What are you doing here?''

"I was hoping to catch you, but when I didn't find you in your room, I figured you might be here." Itsuki beamed and then turned her attention to Emiko-chan. ''And, she is...?''

''Hi!'' Emiko-chan waved her hand in joy and slupred her milkshake. ''I'm his future wife.''

''...!'' AAAFGGHGHGHAHDFASHD!? I chocked on my french fries.

''Ho-? Is that so?...'' Itsuki pulled a chair and sat right next to me. ''Tell me about that future wife of yours.''

I sighed. ''Well then...''

.

.

.

I told Itsuki what I had been through and what had happened. At least I cleared the confusion, I mean I hope. Meanwhile, Emiko-chan happily drinks her milkshake without saying anything. She swings her legs back and forth cheerfully, as her legs are too short to touch the ground.

After listening to what I said, Itsuki sighs deeply. ''I thought so, too.''

''Asuka-san, who is this pretty lady?''

''P-pretty?!'' Itsuki does the same as Emiko-chan d,d a few moments ago, putting her hands on her cheeks and blush in embarrassment. ''M-mou, what a sweet child you are~''

''Itsuki's my girlfriend.'' I closed my eyes. I shouldn't be any problem tell it to an outsider. ''Yeah...''

''...?!'' Emiko-chan's cheerful mood suddenly disappears, she almost choked on the strawberry milkshake she drank. ''P-P-Potential love rival?!... I take my words back!''

''What about you, Itsuki? Aren't you supposed to be with your classmates today?''

''It was fun at first but after a while I got bored of skiing. So I came to see my boyfriend. Mwah-'' Itsuki leans down and kisses my cheek with a gentle smile. She then turns to face Emiko-chan and sticks her tongue out. ''Bleeeeeh~~~''

''...?! Nnnrgh, you...pretty...witch.'' She clenched her small fist.

''How mature of you two...''
I mumbled. ''We still have some time, wanna hang with us Itsuki?''

''Of course, I don't have anything else to do. This is the only chance I have to catch my breath before the finals.''

''You're not going to push yourself again, are you? I really can't take another midterm case.''

''Not at all. Uesugi-kun promised to find a suitable program for me.''

''His concept of suitable probably far different from us.''

''Atleast he's trying. Mhmhn---...! Wait, these are really delicious.'' Itsuki confiscated my fries before I could protest. I'm not surprised. ''Mmm!!! Oishi.''

''How about you Emiko-chan? Do you mind if Itsuki hangs out with us?''

''...Does she know how to play games?''

''Completely average, but yes, she knows.'' I said.

''H-hey! First of all, I'm on the same level as you.''

''Itsuki...'' I side-eyed her. ''...''

''F-F-F-Fine! Maybe not like you, but I know the basics!''

''Enough for you?'' I looked the little lady and smirked.

''Dunno... Sounds kinda boring.''

Well, I guess she needs to some push. I leaned towards Emiko-chan's ear and whispered. ''Don't you want to see your expression when you beat her? Remember, this is a one time offer, hehe~☆''

''...!'' Emiko-chan's eye widen, she slurps the rest of drink in one go and literally slams the empty bottle to the table with burning eyes. ''GRAAAAH! I'LL DESTROY HER!''

And so, as I sat there nibbling on my half-eaten fries, Itsuki and Emiko began to dash around the arcade, just like I had done before. It's not hard to guess what the result will be; I'm just curious about how the events will unfold.

Girls are really weird, regardless of age.

They pass by me from time to time, sometimes in front and sometimes behind me. They dash off to different games, sometimes I catch them, sometimes they get lost among the arcade machines. What a day...

''My fries are cold...'' I mumbled. ''This was going to be the only decent meal I ate today...''

It's actually pretty fun to watch those two run back and forth. Itsuki's expression darkens even more every time they pass me by. She probably figured out what she was up against, so her self-confidence is slowly melting away. Sorry meatbun, I can't help you this time.

''I wonder how others are spend their day?...''

While I'm lost in thought, the rivalry between the two ladies dissolves. Both of them sit down at the table again with completely opposite facial expressions. The one with the green hair has a big smile on her face, and the domestic violance meat monster has a completely ruined expression.

''So?'' I tilted my head.

''Mwehehe! I, Emiko Arakawa, declare myself as the Absolute Queen of the Arcades! I have not lost a single game!''

''Not even a single one?''

''Not even a single one!''

I turned to my girlfriend, which looks like got punched in the middle of her face. ''I guess it's different from playing with Yotsuba, isn't it?''

''...Never again I'll make fun of Yotsuba, never ever again.'' She shakes in total shock. ''T-This girl can't be human...''

''Yeah, I thought it'll turn like this.'' I pushed the bowl beside me towards Itsuki. ''Catch.''

''Asuka, is that...'' Itsuki looks at the bowl I gave her in disbelief.

''Katsu-udon. You eat whenever you feel down, don't you? I ordered it a while ago when you two were running around.'' I chuckle. ''I know my girlfriend quite a bit.''

Itsuki's eyes well up with tears as she looks at Katsu-udon within her hands, then she to me with a wide smile. ''I love you.''

''I love you too, meatbun.''

Then she began to destroy the udon with chopsticks. ''Mmhmhm...! Tasty.''

I want to kiss her right now, but unfortunately the presence of the young lady makes it embarrassing.

''Oi, where the hell is my prize? I'm da winner.'' Emiko-chan slams her palm to table with an adorable pout on her face. ''Hmpf.''

''Is there anything you want?'' I asked.

''Love. Gimme love and lots of praises, mwehehe. I accept headpats, hugs, tickles and handshakes and maybe some cash, no refunds.''

''Do you want me to handle the prize, Asuka?'' Itsuki finished her first bowl of udon and places the bowl on table. Then a devilish smirk pops on her face.

She's going to take her revenge. Yikes. Eh, who am I to refuse my girlfriend's request? ''Go on, she's all yours.''

''Wait, no! Kyaaah!'' Emiko-chan stutters and trembles in fear. ''S-stay away, you witch!''

''Don't worry Emiko-chaaan~ Itsuki-nee has lots and lots of love to give you~~~'' Then she cracks her knuckles.

''Iyaaaah?!!! She's going to kill me...Asuka-san, onegai, help me!''

''Gotcha~♡''

Itsuki immediately pounced on Emiko and hugged her as tightly as she can. She looks like she's having fun, how nice. On the other hand, it's Emiko-chan who feel bad now. Itsuki literally hugs her like a plush toy.

''She's suffocating me with her boobies, help! Nhmgnghm...!''

Hey, I know people who'd kill just to be in your place. The top 10 places belongs to me.

Itsuki then sits down and takes Emiko-chan on her lap, patting her hair. ''There there...''

''Nyeh, don't touch me! You're my love rival! I absolutely hate y-'' I don't know what happened next, but the moment Itsuki stroked Emiko-chan's hair, she completely fell silent. Her face slowly started to blush. Then she started humming softly. ''Mhm...''

''You like it?'' Itsuki asked.

''D-doesn't matter! Just...mhm... Nii-san does this a lot. K-keep going...''

''My respect for Shin-san grows with each passing second as I witness how well he manages you.'' I chuckled and watched those two.

''All right, that's enough teasing. Now we can go and---! Hey...''

''...'' Emiko embraced Itsuki. ''Please, a bit more...''

Itsuki was taken aback by the unforeseen hug, but her surprised expression turned into a warm and deep one. She made Emiko-chan sat on her lap this time, slowly patting her green hair. ''Hai hai...''

She closed her eyes and hugged Itsuki's arm. Like a baby tied to the thread of life, then those beautiful murmurs suddenly stopped.

''Z...z...z...''

''Asuka...''

''Let her be. It's probably something her brother does to her all the time, maybe a reminder her of him.'' I giggled.

Itsuki then looked at me and giggled back as well. It really feels like family, will we be like this in the future? With our own child, of course. Ah, I'm too young to think about that yet.

Then Emiko's phone starts to buzz, and she wakes up. ''Uwaaah, w-w-what happened?''

''Welcome back to the real world.'' I said.

''Real wha-'' She lifts her head up and blushes when she saw Itsuki's smiling face, remembering what she did. ''Umm-I...Ahh...''

''Won't you check your message?'' Itsuki says.

Emiko-chan immediately picks up the phone to change the subject and takes a deep sigh. ''Its from Nii-chan! He says that his work is done and asks me to come to the room. He also thanks Asuka-san and tells me to express my thanks to him as well. Nyeh, Nii-chan no baka.''

''Aye aye, no big deal.'' I smiled. ''It was fun, right Itsuki?''

''It was an interesting experience...'' Itsuki gently helps Emiko-chan to stand up on ground and giggles. ''Arigatou.''

Emiko-chan directly runs through the exit door without looking at us, but right before she exit, she waves her hands. ''Itsuki-san! Asuka-san! See you later! It was fun!''

Itsuki waves back. ''Next time I'll be the winner!''

''...''

...

''Oi, Asuka, she's leaving. Don't be so rude and say something.''

Then I proceed to form my hand into a gun and point the trigger to the little maiden.

''BANG! See you cowgirl, someday, somewhere!''

.

.

.

After everything was over, Itsuki and I are alone in the arcade now. This whole babysitting job is definitely mentally burdensome because the moment she left, I just collapsed into a random chair and took a deep breath.

''I don't want to see kids for a while. And that while means atleast 5 years.''

''It wasn't a total disaster. Shame that I missed the parts where she beat the shit out of you in the games, it's so sad.''

''Itsuki...''

''Yes?''

''Go fuck yourself.''

''Fuck me yourself you coward.''

''...?''

''...!!''

| 𝗔𝘁 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 |

''What a day, right?''

''Fuutarou?'' I tilted my head. ''Where the heck have you been all day?!''

Itsuki and I spent our remaining time alone in the arcade. We didn't even notice how time was passing by, so when we sat down to rest for a while, it was already time for the closing dance. We decided to split up after that because Itsuki said she wanted to get prepared.

As the sun gently sets and our trip neared its end, I made my way to the dance area. Though it was still a few minutes before the dance begin, students are already starting to gather there, a mix of familiar faces and strangers. Mosty familiar ones since I know the most of the students.

While waiting for the start, I finally found a small area with no one and leaned against the fence there. Of course, my loneliness didn't last long. The fucking bozo, who had been missing since morning, finally showed his face. Glad to see your face, no lies.

''Long story, I'll tell you on the bus.''

''You better be.'' I sighed and then let it out a small smile. ''Fist-bump?''

''Fist bump.'' Fuutarou repeated and we bumped eachother.

We stay quietly side by side, watching people slowly enter the area. Perhaps we're all tired today.

And then a third person does exactly what Fuutarou did. He approach to us without saying anything like he always do, the only thing that makes him different from yesterday is the bandages wrapped around his hands.

''Yo, Kazu-chin. Are you okay?''

''Depends on what you mean by okay.''

I was taken aback when I heard the news about Kazu-chin's accident. Though I don't have all the details, our guidance counselor assured us that it's not a serious situation. However, because Kazu-chin is a student council member, rumors are circulating like wildfire among the students. Gossip among students is spreading faster than the speed of light, believe me.

''What did Hanako do?'' Fuutarou asked the main question. ''She must have gone crazy.''

''Other than scolding me for hours? Nothing.''

''Hey, atleast thank her. Didn't she give your first aid?'' Fuutarou points the bandages and sigh.

''Ahahah!...That's Hanako-chan for you. Iron maiden as fuck, but at least she cares about her schoolmates.''

''Nobody wanted attention from her. I already have enough problems.'' Kazuma takes a cigarette from his pocket and lights it. ''Tch.''

We carried on with our daily conversations, just like in the days of old. The three of us leaned against the fence and watched the people coming and sometimes leaving. Although some of the students came in their casual clothes, some of them did their make-up and wore elegant dresses. For some, this dance might be truly special.

Which doesn't include us. We all came in our everyday clothes.

"What's with these outfits... Aren't they too flashy?'' Fuutarou mumbled.

''Now now, hehe.'' I smiled. ''Let people have fun. Many people wants to take the Binding Legend seriously and remember this day for the rest of their lives.''

''Bullshit, today has nothing to remember.'' Kazu-chin says. ''But unlike the rest, I'm the one to remember. Ironic, isn't it?''

''...Kazuma, I...'' Fuutarou sighed. ''Look, I'm sorry for the wareh-''

''Don't. I told you, do not apologize to me for my own choices. It was my choice to push Ichika aside and get hurt.''

''What the heck are you guys muttering about?'' I tilted my head. ''I feel like I missed something important.''

''That's one of the things I'll tell you on the bus, Asuka.'' Fuutarou crosses his arms. ''Is there anything I can do at least...''

Kazu-chin closes one eye and stares over at Fuutarou. ''Buy me a beer when we got back.''

''H-heh, got it.'' Fuutarou responded with a smile and thumbs up.

Feels nostalgic, just like old times—Let's at least enjoy today, we need to get back on schedule for the finals asap.

''Wait— No way!'' My eyes widen and focus on the scenery I've seen. ''Woah...''

''...? / Asuka?'' They both turn to look at me.

''Fuutarou, you still think those fancy clothes are ridiculous?''

''Yes, why do you ask?''

''Look.''

''Oi, where are you pointi— Holy shit...''

A lady standing under the moonlight a little away from us. I never thought I would see her like this in a million years, all in makeup and glitter.

''Nino!'' I called her name and waved my hand. ''We're here!''

Nino frowns when she sees us. Is she embarrased? True that it's first time we've seen her like this. What's the right word? Prepared or vigilant?

''...'' She comes to us in silence. ''So...?''

''So what?'' Fuutarou tilts his head.

''Ugh, you dumbass. I'm asking for your opinion about the dress.'' Nino facepalmed.

''O-ohhh... Suits you, I just didn't you'd take this that seriously.'' Fuutarou sighs and scratches his neck when he gets the question.

''I think it looks fantastic on you, and the color has brightened you up, Nino.'' I smiled widely and thumbs up. ''Way to go, gal!''

''Thanks...Choosing this was quite a hassle, and I had to do my own makeup as well.''

''Are we supposed to understand from this that you have a partner?'' I said and check the area infront of us. ''I guess Madoka hasn't come yet. If we see her, I'll tell her where you are.''

Nino's face turns slightly red with embarrassment when Madoka's name is mentioned. Phew, the tension between them is getting better and better. Nino nods, then turns back to Kazuma with a small smile.

''I have no idea about your dress.''

''No no...I just wanted to thank you about yesterday. It took me a while to re-collect myself, but I understand what you're talking about now.'' Nino bows her down. ''Arigato.''

Kazuma takes his cigarette between his fingers and glares to her. ''Whatever, just don't screw it up.''

''I won't.'' Nino pouts. ''Grr...but while I've been going to all this trouble to get ready, if Madoka comes in without really preparing at all, I'll really freak out.''

''What do you mean?'' Fuutarou asks.

''You all known her longer than me. She is really a upper class in the upper classes, and...Ugh, those things she wears are completely street style. Is there something wrong with her or something?''

''I've never seen Madoka dressed formally outside of work and private parties. I believe it has something to do with her siblings, but beats me.'' I said.

''She said it was the first time she'd done something like this, what if she doesn't take it seriously?''

''She will. / She will. / She will.''

Woah, we all answered at the same time.

''If she really is coming, she'll be prepared as heck. Now, that's what I'm sure of.'' I smiled.

''I'll be around the fire; if she comes by, let she know where I am.'' Nino takes her leave after talking to us.

''Attention students, the bonfire dance has officially begun!'' One of the second years made the start announcement in the area with a megaphone.

Which means we've come to the end now, we all gonna take the bus tomorrow morning and go back to our homes, then school. Honestly, this trip took way longer than necessary, I don't care if it ends, but I had fun.

''How was your trip, Kazu-chin?''

''Not bad.'' He looks at his bandaged arms. ''...''

''And Fuutarou?''

''Somehow...'' He opens his palm and looks at the bracelet in his hand. ''There's a ton to tell.''

Fuutarou checks the bracelet given by Raiha as Kazuma reaches into his pocket. Then, he takes out the specially prepared good luck charm made specifically for himself.

Did I make a mistake by being swept away by the moment and giving mine to Yotsuba?...Yikes.

''...'' Fuutarou and I started talking about what we can tell Raiha when we got back from the trip, while Kazuma just started his second cigar. He really smokes too much, but they're one of the things that keep him calm.

Maybe I should force him to tell Raiha something when we get back as well? Ehh... I'll think about it.

''So, it later turned out that the woman in the bar was actually a---...''

''You look quite lonely in this wonderful evening, sir. Would you like to be my partner for tonight? Hihi...''

''Itsuki—'' I giggled. ''Pfft, ahahaha...What's that medieval speech?''

''Ehh, didn't work? I thought it might be romantic.'' Itsuki chuckled as well. She really came prepared, her dress seems brand new. It really shines under the starlight.

''Hello Itsuki.''

''Good evening, Uesugi-kun.''

''...''

''Good evening as well, Kurosawa-kun.''

''You know actually, I was supposed to be the one who asked you to dance.''

''It wouldn't be appropriate for girlfriend to put all of the work on the boyfriend. We must be equal.''

''Itsuki.'' I roll my eyes. ''You really shouldn't be looking for this kind of stuff on the internet.''

''How dare you, hmpf!'' She pouts. ''First of all, I find relationship-advice magazines a lot better.''

''Yeah, they're reeaaaly really popular indeed...Of course, if we lived 15 years back in a mountain village without internet access—Ouch!?''

She pinched my cheek. ''H-hmpf!''

''Oh, by the way. I have something to tell you two, Itsuki and I decided to wait for the right time to explain this, but actually we-''

''Yeah yeah, dating. I know.'' Fuutarou said.

''Wait what?!...''

Itsuki tapped my shoulder. ''Uesugi-kun already knows. He found out at the cultural festival.''

''AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT?!'' I'm about to die of shame. After everything I've done to keep our relationship a secret, you're telling me he knew the whole time? Fuck. Yet, Kazuma already know, I went to him for advice after that cursed night.

''Don't worry, I haven't told anyone. But I want to be the first to congratulate if you two really intend to reveal it to everyone.''

''Fuutarou...''

''Itsuki, Asuka. Congralations.'' He claps his hand a few times.

Itsuki's and my cheeks both turn slightly pink. We didn't expect it to turn out this embarrassing.

''Yeah... / Arigato Uesugi-kun...'' We both murmur silently, looking away from eachother.

''All right, now go and dance you two. The night is yours.''

- 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗼'𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘆 (Ⅰ)-

''Mou...Madoka, where are you?''

It's been ten minutes since the dance began, and she still isn't here. She's coming right? She has to come. She promised didn't she? While waiting by the fire, the bonfire that is lit warms my body. I watch the dancing couples, I don't know most of them but they all have a smile on their face.-

This is my first time wearing this dress, I hope I got close to Madoka's level. It's not an ultra luxury prom dress but it was in the ass to get. This is Madoka's first campfire dance, so I have to make sure it's unforgettable. All I want is for her to take this seriously.

Heh, I'll take my revenge on you Madoka.

When I am lost in thought, the voice I seek calls out to me from behind. ''Butterfly?''

''Madoka, where have you been?! The dance has already begun.'' I turned my back. ''You know you can't be th-...Oh my god...''

I was wrong, very wrong. I blink my eyes several times to see if what I'm seeing is real. Because if it's real, I'm screwed. I told you I'm dressing up to be close to Madoka's level...

I'm nothing. I couldn't even get one step closer to her level. Not even a single inch. I'm frozen there, because in front of me...

''Sorry, it took me a while to find this one.''

''...''

''...''

''D-Don't worry...You look amazing.''

Madoka's midnight black dress commands the attention of everyone around us, capturing their eyes effortlessly. The exquisite decorations adorning the dress not only add to its allure but also provide a glimpse into its luxurious and undoubtedly super high price.

My heart starts beating like it's been electrocuted. No, it's not because of the excitement of the moment like before or because I don't know what to do. Because I appreciate the view in front of me.

Madoka extends her hand while I'm totally entranced in the moment. Her black gloves have been customized with specially embroidered stitches and jewelry to complete her ensemble.

''Aren't we going to dance?''

I hold her hand. ''H-hum...Wait, why are you even dressed like that?! That's a little exaggerate...Actually, screw the little part. That's straight forward exaggerate.''

''I told you I'd appreciate it, didn't I?'' Her emerald eyes cuts through me. ''Though the only thing I brought with me was this average dress.''

''A-a-average?! Are you saying that there are better ones?!''

As we spoke, the atmosphere suddenly began to change. The student in charge of the music changed the song to a slower, rhythmic melody. I realized what it meant in a flash.

The boys and girls began to dance with their chosen partners. Hand in hand, hand on waist. Madoka gently places her right arm around my waist, while I rest my hand on her shoulder. The song is slow, so we move like a slug. But I don't mind, it's so much better than anything else I've felt before.

We stand in silence, facing one another as our eyes lock on to each other's. It's a little embarrassing, but it's also exhilarating. I could melt away into her emerald eyes. The dance isn't very lively, we just go forward and backward with light steps. But every time we go forward, we are in complete harmony with each other.

I realize it is not just because we are dancing together, it's because she is the one leading me. She is guiding me, and I am letting her. I'm completely mesmerized, her elegance and her tenderness. Although, since I don't know what to do at such dances, it's very natural for her to take the lead. Ugh...I wish I'd practiced some Waltz.

''My moves aren't too bad, are they?...''

''I've seen worse.''

The bonfire is too close, the sound of the music is low and soothing, the moon shines above us. The stars shine in the night sky, as if they are all waited for this particular moment.

''Umm...Thank you.'' I murmured. ''You know, you didn't have to come.''

''You were clearly trying too hard to invite me over, butterfly.'' She closed her eyes and tried to felt the rhytmic beat of the song. ''I couldn't just let you go like that.''

I bit my lip. ''You know...I never had the courage to ask you that, it was you who noticed....''

''The Reverse Turn is coming, butterfly.''

''A-ah, o-o-of course.''

Madoka raised her arm up, taking it away from my waist. In response to the dance, I gracefully spun around myself. Thank god, I'm not that ignorant. And we're back in the same position again, holding each other.

''...''

''It's just that...You are so incredible, Madoka.'' I whisper. ''You make me feel like a loser, like an amateur.

''Dancing is one of the traits I have to know. Don't feel bad if you're not used to it.'' Madoka turns her eyes to the people who dance the same way as us, and I do the same.

She's right. None of the couples I see right now can dance properly. Their rhythms are broken and their feet are constantly tripping. I suppsed to be like that too, because I don't know anything about dancing. But not Madoka, her every move perfect and in harmony. I just follow her moves and she's taking the lead.

''Madoka, can I speak with you?''

''We've been doing it for a while already.''

''N-no, I mean...About earlier. Yesterday and before.''

''...''

''I'm sorry to kiss you, it's just the past few days, since I saw you on the bus, I haven't been feeling like myself. Losing my first kiss like this was too much for me...''

''Is it really that significant?''

Normally these words should have pissed me off, but all that happens is a small smile on my face. ''First kisses are sacred. You have to hide it until you find the right person in your life. But I can't be mad at you for that... You hurt yourself to save me, and I probably would have been even more seriously injured without you.''

''I didn't know this...'' Madoka's eyes deepens through a void as we dance. ''...''

''Please don't feel bad.'' I held her hand tighter. ''Actually, I can teach you the meaning.''

''How do you plan to accomplish that, butterfly?''

I blush. ''First, give me your phone number after the dance is over... Then we can--Mmmmm~..?!

She kissed me?

''How strange that people feel something from this.''

What did she just do? ... She didn't, did she? She did. She couldn't have done it, could she? She...

''Madoka...'' My eyes are opens wide, and I touch my lips. She really did... When I touch my lips, I see the trace of her cherry lipstick on my finger. Smudged onto my lips. It feels like the wind is knocked out of me, my heart stops for a moment, and my mind goes blank.

She—

She kissed me.

- 𝗞𝗮𝘇𝘂𝗺𝗮'𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗮𝘆 (Ⅰ)-

Asuka and the star girl left us to dance. Great... I'm out of cigarettes.

''Looks like it's just the two of us left, Kazuma.'' Fuutarou said and cross his arms.

''I'm leaving.''

''Ha?! Oi...! Where are you going?''

''To the woods. This place is starting to get on my nerves.''

''You should have stayed at least until the dance was over.''

''Don't talk like you have a partner. If you want to sit here foolishly until the dance is over, suit yourself, tch.''

''I...'' Fuutarou sighs. ''I don't care about finding a partner anyway.''

''Now, that's a shame then, Uesugi-san. Shi shi shi~''

''This voice...Yotsuba?!''

''Hello!''

Then the girl with the bunny ribbon turns to me and greets me in the same way. ''Good evening, Kurosawa-san!''

''Same.'' I answer directly. ''...''

''I heard what happened to your arm, be more careful okay? No one has to get hurt for this trip to be perfect.''

What's that to you?

''What are you doing here, Yotsuba?''

''Looking for ya, Uesugi-san.''

''M-me...?!''

''Didn't you ever check your phone today? I've called you a million times, mou.'' She pouts.

''That topic...For some...*ehem ehem* reason I had to leave the room without my phone, I'm sorry.''

She shakes her head with a smile. ''Nuh-uh, it doesn't matter, I feel a lot better now. I heard you don't have a parnter, is it true?''

''The last thing I could think of after running around all day. In any case, no one invited me to dance anyway.''

''I wonder, would you like to be my partner?''

''Y-yotsuba?!...''

''D-don't get the wrong idea, Uesugi-san! I'm just doing you a favor because I don't want you standing here by yourself!''

''So you pity me?'' Fuutarou sighs.

''I-I won't call it l-like that...''

''Well, better than staying here alone.'' He looks at me. ''Kazuma, you're leav-...''

''Suit yourself.''

''Phew, I was afraid I'd be here by myself. I'll be by the campfire, come whenever you want, Yotsuba.''

''Right behind you, Uesugi-san!'' Yotsuba's cheeks turn red as if she had succeeded in doing what she wanted to do. ''Hehe...''

Fuutarou left, I'll go too. I wasn't supposed to be here anyway.

''Kurosawa-san...''

''Yes?''

Yotsuba chuckles, closes one of her eyes. ''Arigato.''

.

.

.

I moved deeper into the forest, and the sound of music grew fainter by the second. The trees became much tighter. There is no way I can get lost, but I don't want to go too far.

As soon as the sound of the wind become louder than the sound of music itself, I realize that I walk enough. I leaned my back against one of the old trees. A place with no signs of life, not a single animal in sight. I shut my eyes, letting the moonlight envelop me. I relaxed my body, atleast tried, and the sound of the wind fill my head.

''...''

''...''

''...''

''Tch, enough with the games already! Reveal yourself; there's no use in hiding any longer.''

''Ara~ Gomen, Onee-chan was trying to be a little dramatic.''

''By stalking me?''

Emerging with a deliberate pace, Ichika steps through the dense trees. Her hands behind her back, with an amused smirk on her face. ''I saw you go this way, so...''

Ichika walks through the bushes and comes up to me. She then looks at the bandages on her arms, then at my arms. ''Kinda matches us, right?''

''Mine are just exaggerations. Someone insisted on giving first aid.''

''Even so—'' Ichika finally looks at my face. ''Again, sorry for your arms.''

"It's fine." I said, rolling my eyes. "Not the first time you've caused me physical harm."

''I can't argue with you there.'' Ichika's smirk is quickly wiped off. ''Kazuma-kun, can we talk?''

''Even if I say no, will you insist?''

''Bingo~''

I sigh. ''Very well, I'm all ears.''

I know I'm out of cigarettes but for some reason I'm checking my inner pocket, what do I even hope for? Maybe one of them magically appear in my pocket? Of course, nothing like that happened. Empty. Alas, my quest for a smoke would have to continue elsewhere.

''U-umm...How can I start—'' Ichika glares at to me.

I shrug. ''You're the one who wanted to talk. Don't act as if this is some kind of appointment.''

''Geez...Kazuma-kun.'' Ichika's cheeks started to blush slightly. ''All right, After what's happened today I'll get straight to the point.''

''...''

''Dance with me.''

''...'' I blankly stare at her.

Is that all you were going to say?

''S-so..?''

''No.''

''Thought so...'' Ichika shaked like she hitted by a car and mumble. ''Tho, far more disturbing than I imagined.''

''Don't get me wrong, I just don't like dances. Is that what you planned to tell me in the morning?''

Ichika's eyes finally look up to the sky. The cheerful expression of her completely faded away. ''...That was the plan. Onee-chan wanted to thank you for all the help you've been giving me.''

I may accept a pack of cigar instead of that.

''...''

''Kazuma-kun...You know what? In the morning, I was actually having a hard time not to cry. I didn't want to cry next to Miku and Fuutarou-kun. But seeing you like that... all in blood, I almost lost my mind.''

''Ichika, you'd be long gone if I hadn't pushed you away.'' I frowned.

''I know, I know.'' She sighs. ''I'm grateful to you for that, but I'm also angry. Kazuma-kun, I haven't cried since morning... C-c-could you excuse onee-chan for a while?...''

''Ichika you---...?!''

Ichika clung to my chest, her tears wetting my sweater. Though I couldn't see her face, the anguish in her voice distorted her words, making them difficult to understand. A few words I managed to understand.

''Let...me...stay...like...this...please...please.''

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 485 33
After Fuutaro collapsed on his school trip, an admirer couldn't bear to look at him exhausted like that. He decided to help his „Idol" out, how will...
27.6K 928 32
(Y/N) just moved to Japan. The plan is to stay there for a year, away from his home, so he's not too enthusiastic about it. But he meets a certain fe...
24.7K 772 15
Y/N L/N, is a teenager who lives alone and who has an addiction for alcohol... What will happen when he has to tutor five dumb girls with his best fr...
1.9K 49 12
Kazato Igarashi... A young man who doesn't seem to care about his own wellbeing nor others after what transpired in his dark past. He could simply wa...