Grimm Warrior (Sequel to My O...

By Wandering_Revenant

After waking up from a coma, Lily sets out on an adventure to find her purpose and to set things in order. Wh... More

Time For the Journey to Begin!
Unexpected Encounter
I Guess I'm a Mom Now
Ash to the Rescue
The Place Where Grimm are Born
Salem
Bounty Hunters
Grimm Form and a Matured Ash
Returning to Beacon
Plans
Together
Dinner with Friends
The Road Ahead
Battle at Haven Pt. 1
Battle at Haven Pt. 2
Grimm Territory
Stranded
Ozpin's Secret
It's Been a Long Day
The Apathy
The City of Argus
A Slight Delay
Making Amends
Battle with Cordovin
Last Chance
All or Nothing
Mantle
Unexpected Welcome
New Look and New Weapon
Tell The Truth
Evacuating Mantle
Escaping the Authorities
The Hound
Lily vs Salem
Corrupted
Promise

Divided, But Still Together

158 7 1
By Wandering_Revenant

"We need to get out there and do what we can for Mantle." Yang said. "We need to do what we can for everyone." Ruby stated. "What about Amity? And telling the world about Salem? We can't do this alone. We need help."

"Ruby's right. The Happy Huntresses are handling the evacuation better than we could, and there's a bigger picture." Blake agreed.

"But Amity isn't even finished. It was still under construction." Yang stated. Ruby sighed and looked at Pietro.

"Doctor, what would you need to launch Amity now?" She asked.

"Uh, we made decent progress on construction and fuel collection. All potentially manageable, but... hmm... Amity was designed so that it couldn't launch itself without first being clear granted for General Ironwood's terminal." Pietro explained.

"Ruby, there is no way Ironwood would cooperate with us." Yang said. "But he doesn't have to. We just need the green light from his terminal, right?" Ruby replied.

"You want to go back to the academy?" I asked. "Well, actually. There is more than one terminal. The one in his office and one in the main Atlesian Military compound, at the base of the city." Pietro explained.

"So, we just have to find a way to get into the compound and then the operations room." I said. "And just to clarify. This is the easy option?" Oscar asked.

"What you're saying is it can't be done. It's pointless. And even if you got the message out, there's no guarantee help will come." Yang clarified.

"It's not pointless! Atlas is only Salem's current target. She's not hiding anymore, and once she's done here, she'll move onto the rest of Remnant. We need to warn them!" Ruby said.

"Ruby, when we came here, we said we'd follow your lead. But things haven't exactly worked out," Yang mentioned. "I just-"

"There are people here who need us right now. That's something we can actually do." Ren interrupted.

"But this isn't about just Atlas!" Nora argued. "Ruby's right. It's about all of Remnant. They need to know in Vacuo. In Mistral. In Vale. What's coming so they can prepare."

"Okay, okay. Then, let's go for both. Get Amity up and running, and evacuate Mantle." Jaune compromised.

"But that's how Salem got this far, by dividing us! We have to stick together!" Ruby insisted.

"No. What Salem wants is to turn us against each other. Just like this. Jaune has a point. We can work separately and still be united." Oscar said.

"Or... Let me take the relic to Salem. And maybe she'll call off her attack on the kingdom." Penny volunteered.

"I don't think we can trust Salem to actually do that. And the moment she uses to staff to create anything else, Atlas falls onto Mantle." Oscar informed.

"Nobody's turning you over to anybody," Yang said to Penny. "I think that's the one thing we could all agree on."

Ruby sighed. "Okay. Then, I guess we're going to Atlas. Can you help us get to that terminal?" She asked Pietro. "I, uh... I suppose you need someone to help you bypass security." He somewhat agreed. "I'll go." Penny offered, her back facing us.

"Penny, we can't risk-"

"I'll go." She repeated, her eyes glowing. "Whoa..." Ash and I said at the same time. "Do what you gotta do," Yang sighed. "I'm going out there to see what I can do."

She walked towards the door until Pietro stopped her. "Yang," He called while tossing her a set of keys. "Go by the pharmacy. I was developing some new tools for you all before, uh... this happened."

I was about to hand Ruby the lamp, but hesitated. "Lily?" Ruby said. "Why don't I hold onto the lamp?" I suggested. 

"Say what?" Oscar said. "Think about it. Ozpin said that the lamp attracts Grimm, and the Grimm don't attack me. If I can lure the Grimm out of Mantle, it should give people enough time to evacuate." I explained. 

"Lily, that's too dangerous." Weiss said. "Not if I'm careful. I'll be fine. I promise..." I assured. "I can do this. You have to trust me... Please." I pleaded. 

There was a brief silence. "I trust you." Ruby said. "Ruby, are you sure about this?" Blake asked. "Yes," She answered. "Just be careful out there, Lily." 

I nodded and Ash gently tugged on my cape, giving me a worried look. "Ash, I think it's better if you stay with the Happy Huntresses." I said while crouching to his height. 

"No, I wanna stay with you." Ash insisted. "I know you do. But you'll be safer with them. They'll look after you until I get back to the Crater." I informed. 

Ash whimpered with worry. I gave him a soft smile and placed my hand on his head. "I promise, I won't be long. We'll be together again very soon." I assured him. Ash pouted but gave a reluctant nod.

We all split up into groups; Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Nora were going back to Atlas while me, Yang, Jaune, Ren, and Oscar will help with the evacuation.

After making our way to the pharmacy and taking out the robot knights that were already inside the shop, I opened a door, turned on the light, and Yang gasped in excitement as my eyes lit up in awe while saying, "Ooh."

"All right. The others are definitely missing out." Yang said. There were hoverbikes, and they looked pretty awesome.

Oscar rode with Yang, and I rode with Jaune. After arriving in one of the sections of Mantle, we started evacuating civilians. "The Crater? Are you sure it's safe out there?" A woman asked Yang.

"Absolutely, ma'am." Yang assured. "They're coming!" I warned as two Sabyrs came running in our direction. 

"Heads up!" Jaune threw a device forward and it projected a shield to prevent the Sabyrs from coming any closer.

While they were hindered, Ren and I quickly killed them. "Way better than a hover bike." Jaune smirked, referring to the device he threw earlier. 

"Have the Grimm already pushed this far in?" Oscar asked. "I don't think so. Those might be more from last night." I informed. 

"Which also means more to come," Yang said in realization, then called over to Ren. "Ren! If Jaune hits you with his Aura Amp, think you can mask everyone?"

"We can give it a shot, but it is a lengthy trip through Mantle." He called back. "No, no, that's a great idea! We'll have a Grimm free journey all the way to the crater!" Jaune agreed.

"Do we really got to shack up with those animals down in the slums? I'd feel a lot safer being up in Atlas." A needy old woman stated.

"Yeah, I'm sure you would. But the people up top have decided you're not worth the trouble," Yang frowned. "The Faunus, on the other hand, have been willing to lend all the help they can. Regardless of whether or not you deserve it."

"So, I'll just... I'll just go get our things, then." The woman from earlier said. "I can go up ahead and clear a path for you guys, and make sure you guys make it to the Crater with no problem." I volunteered. 

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Yang asked. "Don't worry. I'll contact you if I run into any trouble." I assured. I ran off ahead and lured Grimm away from Yang and the others, commanding them to leave the city.

"Hey, Lily. We've arrived at the Crater." Yang informed into my earpiece. "Okay. I'll scout ahead and take care of any stragglers." I informed.

"Ah! Ash, give that back!"

"I wanna say hi to Mommy!"

I giggled, hearing Ash's voice. "Don't worry, Ash. I'll be back before you know it." I said. "Yay!" Ash cheered. 

I continued my patrol and came across another Sabyr. "Another one, huh?" I mumbled, sheathing my weapon. I approached the Sabyr before holding my hand out to it. 

The Grimm sniffed my hand and gave it a small lick. "There was a time when I wished we could all get along. But I know that will never happen," I said while petting the Grimm's head. 

The Sabyr suddenly got in a pouncing position and started growling at me. "What's wrong?" I asked it. It continued to growl at me as I stood there in confusion. 

I didn't do anything to provoke it or give off any negative energy, so why was it acting like this? My eyes widened when I realized it wasn't growling at me. 

It was growling at something behind me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 5 5
this story will have four book before it goes to the main book where the real story begins and each book will represent four stories of four people...
879 12 8
It's been several months since the Fall of Beacon, and the world of Remnant is still recovering. Tensions are high, lives have been lost, and the mem...
4.7K 81 11
It appears you and your teammate have made it to Argust but getting the help from the people for Atlas is gonna he that easy. You have fight your way...
12.7K 179 13
Sometimes working alone is better then a team and are main character shows that off after being accepted to beacon.