A Rejected Bond

By KoniginF

When a bond is hindered, mates can become and face intense yearning and pressure to want to be together. The... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 2

17 0 0
By KoniginF

I've been working overtime with Mr. Logan for two days now. The first two nights, he dropped me home but sadly tonight he wouldn't be able to, and I had no problem with it.

Okay maybe I was a little scared, but I'll be okay.

I'll make sure to hold my kit in hand.

I was fixing over one of the shelves when I felt someone standing behind me.

I turn around, gasping in shock, when I find the same man from two days ago, standing very close to me.

"Hello again sweetheart." He says smiling a very creepy smile.

He was about 6 feet I think. Undeniably gorgeous but in a very very creepy way.

"H-how can I help you sir?" I step away from from, making sure to keep a reasonable distance between us.

"I'm just here to show my brother the goods." He says looking me up and down, just as a man comes to stand at his side.

He takes a deep breath and I take another step back.

Maybe I should call for Mr. Logan.

"Divine indeed brother." I couldn't see the other's guy face through his shades, but I felt uncomfortable nonetheless.

"If there is nothing you guys want. I'll have to ask you too leave." I try to keep my tone firm, but anyone from afar could hear how scared I want.

Their was a dark aura about them, and it didn't feel good at all.

"Sunshine!"

"Till next time sweetheart." They say at the same time, making their way pass me. I swore I heard one of them take a sniff, as they passed.

I look after them, my heart beating fast inside my chest. Nothing about them said safe.

"Elle!" I snap out my daze, looking to Mr. Logan.
"I've been calling you for a while now. What's wrong?"

If I told him those guys were being freaky, he'll stop me from working overtime.

"Oh nothing Mr. Logan. Just dazing off." He narrows his eyes at me.

"You sure?"

"Yes sir." He nods, but doesn't look convinced.

"I'll be staying behind a little later than normal." I go to speak but he cuts me off.
"You will be going home, and I will be handling everything here, plus I got to get River to come in and check those cameras soon for me."

"But-"

"No buts, no maybes, no ifs. Straight home young lady and call me when you get there."

"Sir yes sir." I salute sadly. He laughs.

"You'll be just fine." He says, ruffling my hair.

"Hey!" He walks off laughing and I fix my hair.

I finish fix the shelf, before going back to the front. The door opens again and another man walks in.

"Hello ma'am." He greets.

"Hello sir. How may I help you." I kindly greet him.

"I am here to see Mr. Logan Johnson."

"Oh well of course. Let me just go get him for you." I tell him. I get off the chair, going into the back to get Mr. Logan.

I find him in his office, talking on his phone. He raises a finger, telling me to wait a minute and I do. When he finally hung up, I told him about the man that wanted to see him and he walks out first, with me following behind him.

I go back to sit at the counter, watching as the two greeted each other with big smiles.

The other guy looked around Mr. Logan's age, maybe a tad bit younger. But handsome himself.

"Henry this is Shantelle Dawnly. Shantelle this is a good friend of mines. Henry Wickim." He introduces us.

He stretches out his hand to me and I accept.
"It's nice to meet you Mr. Wickim."

"She truly is a darling as you said Logan."

"I know right. If I could adopt her I would've." I roll my eyes sitting back down.

"I'm not a little child." I pout, folding my arms.

"But you're pouting." He states and I huff.

They both laugh and Mr. Logan pinches my cheek.
"Don't be angry little Elle." I hit his hand away.

"Don't call me little."

"Ma'am yes ma'am." He salutes, and I roll my eyes again.

Mocking me now. Huff!

"You're eye will stick like that if you keep rolling them." He says, gesturing his amused friend to the back.

"I'll roll them if I want too." I tell him, rolling them again.

"Alright little lady. Let them stick if you want." They walk into the back, and I scoff.

Maybe I'm being too petty.
I-

The door opens again, and Mr. Logan's head peeks out.
"Don't overthink it Elle. We were both just kidding around."

I smile, nodding my head. He goes back inside, and the front door opens once again.

I get up, greeting the lady with a smile.

--

Mr. Wickim left about two hours after that. He really was a nice man.

It's after 7pm now, almost 8 and it is time for me to walk home. I'm scared out of my mind but I won't show that to Mr. Logan. It wasn't a long walk till I reached the bus stop. Just walk straight, turn down the corner, walk a little more and I was there.

"Now listen here Elle. I want you to call me as soon as you reach your apartment or you are in view of it. The slightest feel of danger-"

"Call you I know. I have my stranger danger kit." I say showing it to him.

"If you need help Shantelle scream you hear me. I'll come to you."

"How are you even going to hear me?"

"Shantelle." He sternly says and I nod my head like a good girl.
"Okay go ahead."

We walk out the door together, and he stays by on the pavement watching me walk off. I turn around, waving him goodbye and he waved back.
Turning around, holding on tightly to my stranger danger kit, I make my way up the road.

I glance back, now far away from the store. Not seeing him outside anymore. I turn back front, walking a little faster.

Why does it feel like the road got longer?

The sound of a crow crowing suddenly appears, behind me. I turn around just as it flies pass me, causing me to duck in fright, a small yelp leaving my mouth.

What is crows doing out this late?

I stand back up, increasing my pace.
The place was getting freaky.

The sound of a glass breaking causes me to look behind me again. Not finding anyone there, I turn back only to bump into someone's chest.

I grab unto his shirt to stop myself from falling, his hands holding unto my waist. I stare up at the man in front of me, realizing it is the same man from before.

I try to get his hands off me, but he tightens his hold in an almost bruising grip.

Fear overtakes my body, and I start to tremble in his arms.

"Seems you've got dinner brother." The other man from before says walking up to us. Only his shades was not on this time, and striking ruby red eyes, looked down at me with a creepy smile on his face.

The man holding me takes a big sniff of me. Moaning to himself.

"You smell divine sweetheart."

----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 11 10
"Channing..?" I screamed. "TURN AROUND AND FACE IT LIKE A MAN!" I yelled. "You are all I have now Channing. You are all I have Channing. Alpha or not...
6.8K 175 13
"You've been with another. Why"? "The answer to that question will only cause more pain than you're feeling right now. It would be better if you jus...
1.4M 53.7K 58
So we all know that Alpha rejects weak mates and stuff like that. But, my question to you is what if the "weak" mate was actually a stronger mate tha...
1.5K 151 17
"You are mine, little mate." A whimper slipped from my lips when Xander's mouth claimed the most sensitive part of my neck, his breath scorching my s...