LILITH | DEAN WINCHESTER [ ✓ ]

Per strxapose

LILITH ━━ ❛ LOOK AT ME MOM! YOU MUST BE SO PROUD OF THE WOMAN YOU RAISED ❜ supernatural ─⊹⊱ season one ↺ se... Més

LILITH: THE WOMAN OF THE NIGHT
SEASON ONE
01. the seal from another world
02. let's get in trouble
03. the old maud
04. a talk with sam
05. the bar
06. breaking point
07. crazy people
08. bobby singer
09. discontrol
10. hunters
11. devil's trap
sam's special
SEASON TWO
12. you are my best friend
13. crybaby
14. moonlight kiss
15. you're a witch lilith
17. my life so far
18. one week with dean
19. first mision
20. dorian monsietti
21. all hell breaks loose
regina's special
SEASON THREE
22. figther
23. mommy
24. goodbye for a while
25. witches witches and confessions
26. who's that girl?
27. inside her mind
28. my twenty one halloween
29. my kind of christmas
30. just in bello
31. the attempt before the storm
32. and i've hurt myself
dean's special
SEASON FOUR
33. after
33. two faces
34. woman
35. the powerpuff girl
36. hell
37. i lost a friend
38. lazarus rising (cry by my side)
39. fake smile
40. love story
41. queen of hell
42. skinny little bitch
dean special: caretaker
43. arduenn v. winchester
44. judas is the demon i cling to

16. coven

232 6 0
Per strxapose

◖𓈈﹗﹙chapter thirteen﹚
❛ ▬▬ coven . . .

Lilith had returned to massachusetts, to her native state. It had been the most intense journey of her entire life, and the most worrisome. She made the decision to leave behind the world she knew to venture into the webs of the supernatural and magic, fulfilling a childhood dream with the body of a young girl just barely out of teenage comfort. Not even on her first day on the university campus had she experienced such nerves and anxiety-the vomit rose in her throat, and she wasn't exaggerating. She focused her gaze on the vast forest with tall, ominous trees, trying to think of something else, but failed to unlock a terrifying feeling. Surely the forest looked more pleasant during the day, unlike the nocturnal shelter that, with its scarce light, immersed her in a horror story where she was the victim about to be devoured by a group of witches. Since they left the motel, Pandora had acted as someone in a very important position would. She was a woman in her forties-although Lilith had the impression of being in front of someone from centuries ago-with a rectangular face and distinct parameters, like grotesque brushstrokes. Lilith's height wasn't impressive, but next to the witch, she felt small. The long, antiquated dress only emphasized her elegant and firm personality, authoritative. It reminded her a lot of her course coordinator, a person who didn't like wasting time in their class. Pandora hadn't given her any reason to distrust her; she had to get rid of those thoughts.

In the silence of the van, her cellphone rang again.

"You can answer it now," Pandora advised. Lilith's siblings and Bobby had been trying to reach her for hours without stopping. Lilith had told them she was fine and would call them back later, but they kept calling with the intention of tracing her whereabouts. "We're entering an area protected by spells from our security girls. From here, they can't track you anymore, and if they could, I'd advise you to let them know it's a dangerous place with monsters lurking."

"And I'm safe here?" Lilith asked ironically, her eyes now wide open to the darkness of the forest.

"You couldn't be safer with us. No one has ever managed to invade my coven. There are usually monsters chasing us, but the spells confuse them and they lose the trail."

Her phone illuminated with the name Dean Winchester. Lilith didn't want to answer; she was tired of listening to shouting and fighting. Instead, she chose to send a message.

Lilith A

Hello. I have told you that I'm fine, and to spare you troubles and worries, I am in Salem. I am about to reach the coven, and I will speak to you in an hour.

Dean Winchester

All of this is not a game. You're only two years old? How could you disappear like this, and with the help of that damn witch who put us to sleep? I'm going to kill her.

Where exactly are you? I'm going to come find you.

Sent at 10:43 PM.

LILITH

send at 22:50 pm.

Lilith turned off her phone after reading the messages. She knew it wasn't the best way to act in front of cautious hunters, and she also didn't think it was fair how she had been treated, especially by Dean. It was about time they started considering her as a person responsible for her own life, and this was her decision.

"The weekend you can see them, tell them to come to Salem," Pandora said, looking straight ahead. Lilith nodded, still thinking about Dean and how upset he seemed. "Look, that's the coven."

At the end of the dirt path stood a Victorian building that made Lilith lean over the glove compartment to not miss any details. Pandora referred to it as a mansion, but she would have called it a "small campus." It could fit her house three times over, and she wasn't being modest. Lilith was fascinated by how similar it was to a university, although the symmetrically scattered towers and turrets gave it the feel of a castle. One could easily write a novel set there. The terracotta color of the bricks and the wooden window accents left Lilith dazzled, and she once again wondered how her mother had attended such a place. She had never imagined her mother pouring ingredients into a cauldron to make a potion, let alone casting magic as beautiful as hers.

The truck stopped at the entrance. Massive black gates blocked the way, but not for long. Pandora raised her hand, and soon they opened. They parked near the entrance, alongside other cars.

"Take your bag, please. It's already night, and my girls are in their respective rooms. Tomorrow we can sit down and talk calmly and rested about everything you need and surely you'll have many questions. Does that sound good?"

Lilith took her bag and held it, swaying under its weight as it carried many things. "Yes, that's fine," she agreed, but if it were up to her, she would stay up all night asking questions.

At the campus door-Lilith refused to call that monstrosity a mansion-a robust, large woman with blond hair in a military cut and dark blue sparkling eyes stood. Lilith immediately felt intimidated; she had never seen a woman who could easily overpower a few men she knew. When she saw Pandora, the woman smiled.

"Good evening, Pandora. Good evening, Miss Lilith," she said, which caught Lilith off guard. "It's an honor that you accepted our invitation. We were afraid you wouldn't."

"She is Edith Rossi, head of security," Pandora proudly introduced her. "She created the spells I told you about for the forest."

"Good evening," Lilith greeted, feeling a bit shy.

Edith opened the heavy wooden doors by placing her hand on a board with strange inscriptions and simultaneously conjuring dark blue magic, just like her eyes. So each one had a different color? Lilith's interest in witchcraft grew with each passing moment. Pandora went in first, followed by Lilith, with Edith keeping a certain distance. The entrance was a large space illuminated by chandeliers that hung like golden spiders over their heads. To their right were arches that continued along a long, illuminated hallway, and in front of them was a staircase that curved subtly to the second floor and surrounded almost all the walls. The most surprising thing was the meticulous decoration and the carvings of the columns and frames with symbols she didn't recognize. An array of portraits of women in splendid dresses from the 17th century adorned every wall space. Lilith spotted stained glass windows and a vase with black roses. Wow! She couldn't wait to see the rest of the place.

"Tomorrow they will tell you a bit of history," Pandora commented, allowing Lilith to continue admiring the paintings. "We have a clear division. On the right side is the student area, from primary to tertiary education. On the left side are the witches who have already completed their studies and now fulfill other obligations within the coven. And in front, below the staircase, is the exit to the courtyard that will lead us to the common tower, where the main dining hall and other spaces are. I'll show you around better tomorrow; it's even more beautiful during the day. Edith will take you to your room; it's the same one your mother stayed in, but before that, I want to show you something."

Pandora climbed the red carpeted stairs, and Lilith followed, dragging her belongings. They walked through a hallway adorned with small photographs of a small group of girls, with two dates written below each: initiation and graduation. The pictures went from poorly painted portraits to black and white photographs of terrible quality, and suddenly, there was a color image. It was a dazzling historical journey until they reached the year 1979 - 1986, Lilith's birth year. As expected, her pregnant mother was there, smiling and holding her belly. The other girls surrounded her, holding a sign that read "a new witch on the way." Lilith felt a pang in her chest and the familiar lump in her throat.

"That was the last year your mother was here as a student. She didn't want to complete the rest of her education; she wanted to focus on motherhood in the mundane world, with her adoptive parents," Pandora explained.

"Did my grandparents know about this?"

"Oh no, your mother came with us during the summer and stayed for all the winter vacations. She managed with her parents, you know... a spell or two. She didn't want to mix her life; she liked the duality she had achieved. But a tragedy occurred that led her to distance herself from witchcraft and raise her child outside."

"What happened?" she asked, her curiosity consuming her.

"Her best friend was killed by another witch. She couldn't bear the pain and distanced herself. We hold her in high regard around here; you'll meet several of her classmates. Julia Mendoza is still with us, and Barbara Monsieti is traveling but will be back in a few weeks," Pandora pointed to a tall woman with wavy dark hair and a pointed chin with full lips, just like her almond-shaped eyes, and then to a short girl with fair skin and lots of freckles.

"And the other two?" she asked in a low voice. Pandora shook her head, not needing to explain further.

"We remember them with great honor and affection," Edith replied. "If you want, Pandora, I can accompany her to the Varlett Tower from here."

"Very well," Pandora accepted. "At seven, someone will come to wake you up and bring you to the dining hall. Goodnight, girls."

Lilith followed Edith through several hallways with multiple rooms, climbed a few stairs, and finally arrived at a tower, where she had to climb even higher. Her companion remained silent, walking like a soldier, which was convenient for Lilith as she still had her mother's pregnant image lingering in her thoughts.

"This will be your room," Edith said in front of a door with the number 126. "Breakfast hours are from six to nine. I recommend that you be up and ready before they come for you at seven. Do you need anything? I can bring you food if you want; you've had a long journey."

"No, thank you. I'm fine."

"Then I'll leave you to rest."

Upon entering her room, she was surprised by its antique style yet distinctiveness from any era. Like the rest of the coven, the strong presence of witchcraft was evident in symbols adorning the furniture and notably in the carpet with the seal of the coven. The curtains were heavy and burgundy, blocking even a hint of light. In the center, there was a large bed with pillows fit for an entire family, and two small side tables. Without skimping on comfort, there was also a coffee table beneath a round window with a quilted bottom. Lilith placed her bag next to the door and continued exploring her room. She walked through a door and found what she assumed was her study area: these people had offered her a room with her own bookshelf, a desk, and a dedicated space filled with scientific apparatus-crystal bottles, a couple of cauldrons, a Bunsen burner, and other devices whose names or functions she didn't even know.

"Oh God! Where the hell did I get myself into? What is this... Hogwarts?" On the other side of the room, there was a bathroom with the necessary amenities and a small dressing room. This was incredible. Suddenly, she felt a lot of pressure. How was she going to learn witchcraft as quickly as possible? How powerful did she have to become to help her mom? Maybe it wouldn't take long... Pandora had said that she was very powerful, did that mean that even with a little power she would be better than average? She had to ask her tomorrow... and she also had to call the boys!

"Sam!" she exclaimed, jumping on the bed after he answered. "You won't believe this! I'm at Hogwarts!"

"How are you?" Hearing his voice made her feel very good. She could also hear Dean and Bobby, heavens, Bobby was going to scold her like never before. "I'm coming! Hold on... Lilith, you're on speaker."

Damn.

"Hello, Lilith," Bobby spoke first. "What goes through your head to escape from the boys like that? Did you forget that I had something to tell you? It doesn't matter now, you know you're a witch. Where are you? You can't be with a couple of witches, haven't you learned anything in all these months? Witches kidnapped you!"

"You already knew? You were going to tell me in person!"

"Yes," Bobby confirmed. "The Hopkins used your blood to make a potion that requires witch's blood. If it worked... do the math, and I'm glad you left. Some hunters were in the area, they traced the magical activity of two witches. But still, it's crazy that you left without Sam and Dean."

"And not to mention that you made a witch put us to sleep to escape!" Dean's voice came from afar. In fact, they were indeed coming to Salem, the sound of the Impala could be heard perfectly.

"They promised to listen to her first! Are you there yet? Is it like Hogwarts?"

"Yes! The place is super nice, it's almost as big as a campus, and it doesn't feel like a cult at all, believe me. It's more like a university, and even if you don't like it, I don't want to leave. I'm sure here. My mom belonged to this coven, there was another picture of her with other girls hanging on the wall, and there was me! Well, I was about to be born, but it's me. If my mom trusted these women for many years, I'm not in danger with them, and they're not strangers, so you can cancel your trip, you won't get me out of here."

"Aren't you in danger with them? Are you kidding me?" Dean was getting on her nerves with how stubborn and obstinate he was. "They're witches with much more experience than you! What can you do? Levitate a pencil?"

"I don't want to argue, I'm very tired, I just called so you wouldn't worry."

"Don't hang up, wait," Sam stopped her. "Lilith, really, tell us exactly where you are. No one will drag you out of the coven if you don't want to. If you say you're okay, WE," he emphasized, speaking louder, "will leave you alone. Just stay in touch and let us know where you are, if something happens, we'll know where to find you. Please."

"You see, all you had to do was treat me with respect? Like I said, I'm in Salem in a forest to the south. I arrived via Route 95, tomorrow I'll give you more specific directions, but Pandora told me we can meet in downtown Salem, where the tourist attractions are. You can't come to the coven, crossing the forest is dangerous and pointless. You'll never get in."

"Why?" Bobby asked. "That woman should know that you're not imprisoned and she has no rights. You were well protected at my house."

"Because the coven can only be seen by invited people, and you are not invited. I invite you to see how beautiful it is, but I don't think it will work. I have no authority, and besides, if you want to follow or track me because you know me, the forest has spells to confuse and lose you, and there are monsters, so my work ends here. I'll meet you in downtown with Sam in between, and Dean better not show up with a weapon because I won't talk to you again."

"Here we go again?" Dean had taken the phone from Sam, and Lilith could hear him better. His voice was ringing in her ears. "How long are you going to keep bringing that up? What was I supposed to do? There was another witch that YOU were afraid of, she was spying on you. Now suddenly you trust her more than me."

"So what? It was only at the beginning," she justified and then thought of the manipulative plan of the bathroom. "Look, I've had enough of you, and I'm serious, Dean. If you're going to call me or message me to keep complaining and giving me shit, you can go straight to hell."

• • • •

I had barely been able to close my eyes all night. Her conscience would wake her up every now and then, an efficient mechanism that checked her vitality, as if part of her still didn't feel confident and welcome, secure. It wasn't her home, but it wasn't wise to contradict her words so much. She had let the hunters know that she was not in any danger, and Lilith supposed it was a matter of getting used to it. Her biological clock had awakened her at six, and since then she had taken the opportunity to take a relaxing bath and get ready. When she was done, she had time to talk to Sam while waiting to be picked up.

Sammy boy

Can we stay at your place?

Lili

Sure! I don't think I'll be around for a while. So, are they still insisting on coming?

Yeah, Dean and Bobby won't change their minds. When and where?

Pandora said this weekend, in the center of Salem. And I'm going to insist that you don't leave me alone with those two; I think they're capable of kidnapping me and locking me up at Bobby's place.

Alright haha, you know Lilith, Bobby wanted to kill us for what you did, but I'm sure he's more upset about you escaping than about you being a witch. Ever since he heard you were alive, he has calmed down. He just wants to see you and make sure you're okay.

Tell him I still love him ❤️️

but don't bring Dean, I'm really angry with him, I don't even want to see him.

I'll give you that, I'll try to stop him, but you know how he is.

Tell him I don't want him 👎

I have to go now.

"Hello! I'm Mandy Parris. Pandora sent me to welcome you and accompany you through the coven until you get settled. I'm really excited! They've never asked me to be a guide before; they usually give that task to the pretentious Heather. How did you wake up?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Mandy. I'm Lilith Arduenn. Well... I couldn't sleep well, so a coffee would be great."

"Just a moment... Did you say Arduenn? Do you have any connection to Regina Arduenn?"

"Yes, she's my mom," Lilith replied.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I know the literati have been trying to rescue her. Me and the girls in my class volunteered for the second attempt. We're not allowed to participate because we're still students, but we're staying in America, and we have freedom of choice. Edith teaches an extra combat and security class on Sundays; I'm sure you'd like to join."

Lilith's eyes gleamed with excitement. These women had been concerned about her mother and had done much more than she had over the months. She regretted insulting and cursing them every night.

"Yes, I'd love to. I really appreciate their concern for my mom."

"That's what we're here for, we watch each other's backs, and if one of us is in danger, we'll all be there to help. Pandora told me that you found out about your magical nature less than two days ago and you need me to explain a lot of things to you. So feel free to ask anything... I suggest we go get some coffee and food while I give you a tour and we talk. Then I was told to take you to Pandora's office before lunch.

For Lilith, it sounded fantastic. They walked towards the entrance and then exited through a door beside the stairs, almost underneath them. The view of a bright and well-maintained green field greeted the young women. Lilith noticed a couple of women heading towards the same tower, but they were coming from the opposite end. It didn't even look like a tower, Lilith remembered that Pandora referred to it as a common place. It was more of an extension that separated into hallways, connecting the entire complex. If she thought about it deeply, it had a very beautiful meaning.

"Well, things around here are really simple. This is the common area. There's the cafeteria and the kitchen," Mandy said. As the doors opened, there was a collection of round tables with chairs and four basic tables. Along one wall, they had set up an extensive bar with various appliances. Lilith saw an espresso machine, some toasters, several baskets with teas and envelopes, jars, even a waffle maker. "You can cook and have whatever you want. If you need or want something special, write it on the chalkboard or if a product is out, Kelly will replenish it when she goes shopping."

Mandy dragged her to the bar and took a couple of cardboard cups from the lower counter, which were the same as those used in most cafeterias. She heated some milk and took out vanilla. They waited for it to heat up before continuing the tour. Lilith couldn't help but feel like the center of attention, like the new kid in class, as more witches started to wander through the hallways. She saw many young women her age, some older and some younger. They sat at the tables, following them with their gaze. Only the older women greeted Mandy affectionately and welcomed her.

"How old are they?" she asked sincerely.

"Some are over three hundred years old, most of them are over a hundred. Only a few have the age they appear to have. Youth and vitality spells, don't think we're immortal. Well, I think I'll start showing you the student wing, since that's where you'll be spending most of your time. As you can see, that whole area is for us."

From the courtyard, they could appreciate the vastness of the coven. A large door in the middle welcomed them to the student area, like a second entrance hall, more similar to a university reception.

"At eight o'clock, classes begin, although it depends on the mentor you've been assigned. I suppose they'll make you choose today. Unfortunately, it's not like the houses in Harry Potter, that would be a lot of fun. I'd go to Hufflepuff. Here, we divide ourselves by mentors, each with their own teaching style and a certain reputation. These are the mentors, excellent witches." On a prominent column, four portraits hung, each representing a very different woman, with their names engraved on a gold plaque below. "Sasha Brown is the one I chose, she's a sweetheart and has a reputation for being the kindest. She has infinite patience with us, the only downside is that we learn slowly. She makes sure we're all on the same page. Next is Raven Wilson... I'm impartial and always want to say the best about people, but Witch Wilson is not so pleasant. Her girls are difficult to deal with, and she would definitely be thrilled to have you. She likes those from pure and powerful lineages. Sage Ali is serious, extremely strict, she doesn't tolerate a poorly made potion. With her, you'll learn every insignificant detail of a book. She's very attached to the old and mechanical ways. Lastly, there's Rowena... well, Rowena doesn't have a good reputation, and it's something I have to mention. In the past, she was an ambitious witch, wanting so much more, and rumors say she was the most powerful witch of all time until a worldwide collective of witches decided to bind her powers because of the potential danger she posed to everyone. I don't know if it's true, but there's the information for you. She doesn't have many students, nobody chooses her, but the ones she has end up finishing their training in fewer years than estimated. I've been told she deviates from what the others more or less establish. She focuses on the essence of witchcraft, I can't explain it well, but believe me, it's a headache and stressful. With the four mentors, you'll learn, I guarantee that, and in a few years, you'll finish the training period and you'll be able to join the established witches and continue your studies and research on your own if you want. Any questions?"

"Yes, what are those pearls they have on the sides?"

"Those? They're the magical gifts that a witch can develop. Pandora is the leader because she has all seven pearls in her body, which makes her the most powerful around here. Most witches acquire four or five, I have the first one." Mandy showed her forearm and a tiny red pearl appeared in the center. "Pyrokinesis. The second one is maximum mental and astral projection, and then there's healing, mind control, chronokinesis, spell creation, and the last one, resurrection."

Lilith nodded, truly amazed. The reddish pearl adorning Mandy's forearm made her want to know so much more about witches. Abilities that make you the most powerful? She couldn't wait to choose a mentor! Lilith was processing her new phase so quickly that it scared and excited her at the same time. She felt like she was on an emotional roller coaster.

"As for the classes, that depends on the mentor you choose, and you'll find out with her. Personally, I recommend Sage Ali for you. You don't know anything, not even the basic foundations of magic. You'll need someone to guide you from scratch and quickly... or maybe you'll dare with Rowena, although I wouldn't recommend it. Honestly, I'm scared of what that woman is capable of."

Before Lilith could respond, a girl with straight hair as black as coal ran to the door where the dining area was.

"Do you have girls?" Lilith had only seen women, but she knew that there were male witches. "Are there only women here?"

"Yes, some witches want to be mothers and have children. It's normal for women to dominate in witchcraft. It's very rare for a witch to give birth to a boy, but it has happened. Barbara Monsieti has a son, and they usually turn out to be human, without any magic. On the other hand, when a witch has a girl, which is 95% probable, she's born a witch. We're all daughters of witches. And yes, you won't see any men in this coven. The younger ones, from zero to sixteen years old, are on the side of the common area, and then they join us. I was born here and these women raised me. I'm twenty-three years old."

"That's very sweet, but do they not accept men? I've seen a couple of warlocks... witches... wizards? What's the correct term?"

"Witches, don't worry too much. You know, this coven has never accepted a man. The Black family was all women, and their coven has had that policy for six hundred years. Don't ask me why, I don't know. Only non-magical witch children have lived here," she finished explaining. "So basically, we have a nursery, a school, and a nursing home."

"I never imagined I would end up in a coven..."

"Well, welcome to your new life, I suppose. You'll like it here. Once you understand what you're capable of, you won't want to say goodbye to magic, and I hope you won't want to say goodbye to the coven either. You'll see how wonderful it is to have other sisters who protect you and accompany you in your life."

Lilith was free to wander around the coven after Mandy had to go to classes with her mentor. Having spent a few months reading and studying about the organization of modern witches had helped her get accustomed and not feel so lost. The book Osam had given her had an entire chapter about the formation of ancient covens and their resilience over the decades. But what had surprised Lilith the most was how simple the lives of witches seemed to be, becoming something so mundane and yet magical. She walked through the corridors of the Learned Ones' area, those witches who had completed their training, and her conclusion was so important that it would surely change the extreme thinking of the hunters. The women floated books with their particular magic, books of all colors of the rainbow. That idea of dread, of ancient witches that fueled legends of terror, did not do justice to what Lilith observed. Everything she had heard about witches was a mistake.

"My girl has arrived in Paris, she fell in love with a Parisian with dark curls through love emails. I swear I didn't enchant him!" said a plump, short, red-haired lady to another tall Asian lady. "I miss her so much, she'll send me those beautiful postcards with the Eiffel Tower."

"How will she protect herself? Won't she be all alone? The persecutions have returned, what if they find her... if that boy loves her so much, he can wait a bit, right? He won't be the first to wait for Coraline."

"Oh, come on! If the others are chasing us here, I'm still relieved that a friend of mine will take care of my Chloé. She's still young, she wants to experience her first love, I won't tell her no. And with all the danger here, it's better for her to go far away."

The two women continued on their way, going up some stairs. Mandy had shown her how to get to Pandora's office, but with the number of floors and stairs, she got lost and ended up in a room full of potion shelves. She went over the directions in her head. She had done everything Mandy told her: she went to the Learned Ones' area on the second floor, and she had to keep going until she reached Linda Black's second or third portrait... damn it. Lilith left the room that smelled really bad and walked a few steps in case she saw another memory of the composed Linda, until a red-haired witch in a bright blue dress appeared. She was Rowena Macleod, one of the mentors. She looked exactly like her portrait, not aging a bit.

"Regina!" she exclaimed, nearly dropping dead. She held a cauldron suspended in violet magic, emitting black vapor and a foul stench of blood.

"No, it's my mom, I'm Lilith," she said.

"I knew it was impossible... but shouldn't you be somewhere else? What are you doing here?"

"I'm looking for Pandora, I need to go to her office," she explained. Mandy wasn't lying; Rowena was a woman with an imposing, mysterious presence. "I got lost."

The witch looked her up and down.

"Why are you looking for Pandora? Don't tell me you want to be a witch in our coven. They admit a new witch, and nobody says anything, no warnings. Come on, follow me, child. You're not even in the right tower; it's the one in the front. Tell me when you arrived while we walk."

"Last night."

"So you don't have a mentor yet. Do you know anything about magic? I heard your mom left witchcraft."

"I don't have a mentor, and I found out two days ago that I'm a witch. So far, I've only managed to lift a pencil."

Rowena stopped in the middle of the hallway and looked at her with raised eyebrows. No, she wasn't lying about what she had said, and Lilith's sincerity was evident on her face. Rowena burst out laughing.

"Which university did you enter, sweetheart?"

"Harvard," she replied, holding her head high.

"What field?"

"Political science."

"Are you here because you want to help your mother?"

"Of course," Lilith felt offended by the question. "She needs me. Now, if you kindly show me the right way, I have to talk to Pandora about my mother specifically."

Rowena continued guiding her to Pandora's office. Lilith seemed to have made a good impression, and the witch was impressed by her character.

"I would like to be your mentor. You have the potential to be one of my students, and I can give you what you need. You want to become powerful to rescue her, am I wrong? With a lineage like yours, wonders can be achieved in no time. No one will train you better than me. The others would be wasting their time with a talent like yours. I'm sure Pandora will want to train you under her wings, of course, if she didn't tell any of the other mentors that an Arduenn would come," they arrived at a double wooden door, engraved in gold. It was a beautiful door, and right next to it was the portrait of Linda Black the Third. "This is your stop; give my regards to Pandora."

Rowena walked away. Wow... they didn't seem to get along. After what Mandy had told her about Rowena, she could understand or imagine what might have happened. Surely Pandora played a part in chaining their powers; it was quite unfair. She herself had experienced someone deciding about matters that were purely personal, and it wasn't right to take away freedom of choice. Was she so dangerous to deserve that? Lilith knocked three times, and after a few seconds, the doors opened by themselves. Pandora was waiting for her behind a wooden desk, and next to her stood a tall man with golden blond hair and blue eyes. The man had a tired face, a few days' stubble, unevenly grown, with small gray hairs.

"How has your day been so far? Did Mandy brief you?" Pandora gestured for her to enter and take a seat in the chair across from her. Her office was perfectly symmetrical, from the paintings to the wall plants.

"Yes, she seems very kind," she replied. The man maintained his space in a small axis. He observed her intently, expressionless, and even his breathing could not be heard until then. "So... Mandy told me about the mentors."

"Yes, the mentors. Before we get into that, I wanted you to meet James Lambert. He has been working with Regina while you were at university." Thomas, the damn Thomas! He was the man that old Mrs. Maud had seen leaving the house. Lilith looked at him for a second time, with her eyes wide open. The man barely flinched, few words and a mysterious aura.

"I'm sorry for what happened to your mother," James Lambert said.

Lilith Arduenn raised her gaze. She still didn't know the whole story to blame him, it wasn't fair. She didn't want to get upset over something she didn't know, to judge without any proof, based solely on fleeting, incorrect emotions. She never considered herself unfair, but the mention of her mother and words of remorse filled her with anger.

"I found a letter you sent her, a bit late, I suppose. What were you doing? Why were you calling yourselves Prudence and Thomas?"

Her question was directed at James Lambert, but it was Pandora who responded.

"A year and a few months ago, James managed to infiltrate the other side. It was a process of years, building trust. The enmity between witches is no different from the hatred between two nations. To protect the coven, you must know the enemy. You should understand this if your field of study was politics. James told us they planned to extract and study the magic of the most powerful witches of all time, from all over the world. Your mother is not the first they have abducted, and she won't be the last. They are determined to find the origin of witch magic, something that has been sought for centuries. As I told you, they are after powerful lineages, and when I found out, I alerted your mother so they could protect themselves. We hoped they wouldn't know that the Morningstars now carry the Arduenn name. Somehow, they found out, and things became complicated. I want you to know, Lilith, that what they plan to do is not easy. There are some incomplete projects, but it's still very challenging. This should calm you: magic functions, lives, thanks to the witch's body. If she dies, there is no magic... so you can imagine that your mother is not dead. They have her captive, and James can confirm how far behind they are in understanding why some magics are more powerful than others."

Your mom is a strong woman. No matter what they're doing to her now, she won't give up, she won't let herself be defeated. She knows she has a daughter who loves her dearly, and she must miss you as much as you miss her. Regina isn't alone; she has an entire coven worrying about her, and we won't just stand idly by either. But we have to do this right, in a way that doesn't result in more witches dying. We've tried to rescue her, but we weren't prepared to face witches and other monsters. My plan isn't quick; we need time. Can you be patient?

"But what about the others...?"

"That's what James is for," she interrupted, anticipating her insecurity. "He will assess the time we have, the progress, and your mom's condition. Regina is in the main coven with the others; the leader and many powerful witches and alpha monsters are there. James has access to multiple divisions, although he's not in the main one yet, he still finds out what's happening with your mom."

A long silence allowed Lilith to contemplate her response. Such immense pressure had all the potential to make her nervous; the months of experience yielded few practical results. Just the thought of not seeing her mother for even longer defied logic and Pandora's calculated plan laid out on the table.

"Lilith, I promise you that I'll tell you everything I find out. I won't let them kill her. Okay?" James momentarily emerged from his grotesque and expressionless armor. It was a change that Lilith held onto in her mind, even though she had ignored it in reality.

"And how am I supposed to measure up to the other witches?"

"Well, now we come to that part. You can choose any of the mentors; they will be informed to provide you with special training according to your needs. You have an advantage, and I'm confident that you'll be as prepared as any witch in no time. You'll just have to put in more effort than the others and spend many hours with books. Your mom chose Raven Wilson, I'll let her know so you can have a brief explanatory chat."

If there was no other choice but to wait, after listening to Mandy (and trusting her instinct), the mentor Lilith wanted the least was Raven Wilson. Lilith had come to the coven to surpass any ordinary witch.

"No, I want Rowena Macleod." Among all the decisions she had made, this was the most certain one. She admitted that Rowena's convention, her challenging attitude, seeking uniqueness among her students even though no one wanted to be with her, reminded her of a certain person who had all her colleagues hating her for getting the best cases and winning them.

"Are you sure? If you want, I can take care of training you. After all, I'm the best and the only one with all seven gifts. I can teach you how to have them; I know some great tricks. By your age, I already had the first three."

"No, I don't want to be given special treatment. I feel like it might upset the other girls. I prefer to be taught by Rowena and get along with everyone."

"Alright," Pandora agreed. Lilith, who was very perceptive about such things, noticed that Pandora didn't particularly like it. "I'll let you go. I'll have to talk to Rowena, and she'll call you to start your lessons as soon as possible."

Before leaving, James spoke up with a small approach.

"I'm an expert in protection; I can teach you if you allow me. I use methods that combine the classic hunter techniques with magic." Pandora nodded, thinking it was a great idea.

"Yes, that's fine," Lilith left the office without much idea of where to go. She was eager to begin her journey into witchcraft.

.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

6.1K 222 41
𝙎.𝙒𝙄𝙉𝘾𝙃𝙀𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙭 𝙁𝙀𝙈𝘼𝙇𝙀!𝙊𝘾 𝙁𝙀𝙈𝘼𝙇𝙀!𝙊𝘾 𝙭 𝙁𝙀𝙈𝘼𝙇𝙀!𝙊𝘾 𝘚01~ 𝘚03 ♡︎ 𝘚𝘔𝘜𝘛𝘛𝘠 18+ 𝙁𝙄𝙍𝙎𝙏 𝘽𝙊𝙊𝙆 𝙊𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 "...
704 7 7
Hello! I'm in a writing rut and always find joy and creativity in writing about my favorite fandoms. Mine just so happens to Supernatural. Expect one...
116K 3.1K 31
⋆ DISCONTINUED ⋆ Exactly what the title says. ⋆ Disclaimer: These stories are all from over two years ago, and my writing has much improved and chan...
26 0 3
In which Annie joins the Winchesters on their journey... dean winchester x oc book 1 s1e20 - s2e22