Las Melodias Vibrantes | Revi...

By Nyxian_Tides

"We may not have won any prizes, but we're walking away like champs." Carnivals, the place for happiness, lov... More

๐Ÿงง| Welcome
๐Ÿฎ| Rules and Payments
๐Ÿคก | Reviewers
๐Ÿงจ| Form
๐ŸŽช | Ticket Counter 1 [CLOSED]
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 1:01
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 1:02
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ| 1:03
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 1:04
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 1:05
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 1:06
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 1:07
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 1:08
๐ŸŽช | Ticket Counter 2[CLOSED]
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:02
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:03
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:04
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:05
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:06
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:07
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:08
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:09
๐ŸŽช | Ticket Counter 3 [CLOSED]
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 3:01
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 3:02
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 3:03
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 3:04
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 3:05
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 3:06
๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 3:07
๐ŸŽช | Ticket Counter 4

๐ŸŽŸ๏ธ | 2:01

40 5 0
By Nyxian_Tides

Story: I Will Wait
Author: Am_Burt

You visited the Musician...

Reviewer: WisnolWeasley

ꗃ﹕❜ Title: 10/10

The title has a simple yet captivating charm that perfectly captures the essence of Selah's story. It promises a heartfelt narrative that unveils Selah's life journey, with all its intricate conflicts and transformative moments. The carefully crafted words reflect the brilliance and soul of the book, inviting readers into a world of wonder and discovery. Within its pages, emotions blend with resilience, shaping Selah's destiny. It's a testament to the author's skill in distilling the essence of the story into a concise arrangement of words, leaving a lasting impact on readers.

ꗃ﹕❜Cover: 8/10

The simple colourful cover of the story along with the title engraved on it makes the book stand out from the rest. The background made up of beautiful shades of watercolours mixing with each other signifies the theme of the story and makes a potential reader click on it. I would also like to add that I am not a very big fan of the subtitle used by the writer. It contradicts with the title of the story and gives away the basic plot of the story significantly.

ꗃ﹕❜Blurb: 9/10

The skillful use of rhetorical questions throughout the story ignites curiosity within the reader, prompting them to ponder the choices Selah has made and the possible outcomes. The portrayal of Selah's struggle with her greatest personal demon, the inability to fulfil a promise, is artfully depicted in the description, capturing the depth of her inner conflict.

ꗃ﹕❜Plot: 20/20

The story spans over the period of two years and explains to us the after effects of what is happening in the present. I really liked the simple yet exemplifying plot of the story which really elevates the reader’s reading experience. The story always sticks with the plot and I never felt that it was getting distracted from it which honestly turns out to be the best part of the story for me. The introduction of new characters in the plot like Mama Elani, Chris, Joel in the initial chapters so efficiently and with mystery honestly worked wonders for the writer.

ꗃ﹕❜Grammar & Vocabulary: 19/20

The vocabulary of the book, though might be very simple but stays on point and effective. As they have rightly said, making a pig look beautiful by applying its make up just makes it look even more ugly, while horse in its natural form is one of the most elegant animals in the animal kingdom. The plot and conflict of the story was so good that the vocabulary didn’t matter too much. If we talk about the grammar, to be very honest I haven’t read a book on Wattpad with little to none grammar mistakes. I won’t say that this book has no grammar or punctuation mistakes, though very negligible, they get overshadowed due to the writer’s advanced and First person storytelling. A wonderful job indeed.

ꗃ﹕❜ Characters: 20/20

For me when I read a particular book solely for the characters as they are the only ones which we normal folks relate with. If the writer achieves the level where she can control the writer’s emotions with the help of her characters, it has to be peak storytelling. In J.K. Rowling’s beloved series, ‘Harry Potter’ despite the huge number of characters, we develop a soft spot for everyone may it be Draco Malfoy or Albus Dumbledore. When I was reading the chapter where Caleb suffers from migraines and Selah takes care of him all night by sitting by his side, you can actually feel how she feels about him. Another great example can be the Character of Mama Elani and her backstory, it surely wasn’t something that the reader asked for, but it was something that the reader deserved and that honestly is the best thing about the Characters from the story.

ꗃ﹕❜ Genre Fit: 3/5

Throughout the book I got glimmers of comedy in the story despite it being marketed as a Rom-Com. I guess it better fits the title of ‘Tragedy’ or ‘Light Romance’. But I might be wrong here as the book isn’t completed yet and it might have a significant amount of humour in the future chapters. This was the only drawback I found in the book after the extensive reading.

ꗃ﹕❜Elements I really liked:

1] The First Person POV and the narration of Selah.

2] Addition of humour to ease out the tense moments.

3] The overall simple yet hard-hitting conflict of the story. 5/5

ꗃ﹕❜Overall: 94/100

I personally enjoyed reading this well crafted, elegant book which puts the reader in some kind of spell due to which they are forced to keep reading through the chapters of the book without taking a halt. Excellent Job! 

Do tell us if the review helped,
And -
- follow your reviewer
- vote on this chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 2.4K 48
Valerie a high ranked mafia business women comes across a little while at the mall , she hasn't seen much Littles around . The high ranked gallone c...
139K 14.6K 30
"แ€žแ€ฐแ€€ แ€žแ€ฐแ€…แ€ญแ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€™แ€พ แ€™แ€Ÿแ€ฏแ€แ€บแ€แ€ฌ..." "..............." "แ€กแ€Ÿแ€„แ€บแ€ธ..แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€แ€ปแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€›แ€™แ€œแ€ฌแ€ธ..แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฐแ€แ€€แ€บแ€แ€ฒแ€ทแ€–แ€ฐแ€ธแ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€–แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€›แ€™แ€œแ€ฌแ€ธ...แ€’แ€ซแ€™แ€พแ€™แ€Ÿแ€ฏแ€แ€บ..แ€›แ€”แ€บแ€žแ€ฐแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏ...
5.3M 46.3K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
16.9K 581 27
ุฑูˆุงูŠู‡ ุงู…ุงุฑุงุชูŠู‡ ุชุชูƒู„ู… ุนู† ู…ุซุงูŠู„ ูˆุญูŠุฏู‡ ุงู…ู‡ุง ูˆุงุจูˆู‡ุง ุงู„ูŠ ุนุงู†ุช ู…ู† ุงู„ู… ุงู„ุงู†ูุตุงู„ ุงู„ุงู… : ู†ูˆุฑู‡ ุงู„ุงุจ : ู…ุญู…ุฏ ุชุงุฑูŠุฎ ุงู„ูƒุชุงุจู‡ : 19/3/2023 ุชุงุฑูŠุฎ ุงู„ุชู†ุฒูŠู„ : ..