See You Later | Ryeji

By ryejiff

Shin Ryujin, 17. Ryujin was a highschool student, having a part time job at a convenience store to support he... More

Hi
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
this isn't a chapter :D
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
.
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
hi
47 ver.2

47

2.3K 54 88
By ryejiff

Yeji POV

"Out of the way!"

"Ma'am you'll have to wait here" Someone told me before going into the room.

How could this have happened? Why did this happen? How did this start?

Everything happened in a flash. She was just fine this morning and now she's in the operation room. No one knew what happened, but it required operation.

How could this happen to such a precious human being?

"Unnie..." I heard Chaeryeong call as she hugged me.

I plopped down on the chair, silently crying into her embrace.

What if she doesn't make it? I don't know what else to do.

————

Chaeryeong POV

Yeji is a strong person. But seeing her cry like this, she really loves Ryu.

I know Ryujinnie will make it. She's stronger than she looks. She'd be exhausted and still keep a smile on her face.

"She'll be ok, unnie" I reassured the older girl, gently patting her back.

She just continued sobbing. I don't even care if my shirt is wet, Ryujin would kill me if she found out I didn't comfort her girlfriend.

"Yeji unnie.." Yuna whispered, hugging her from the other side. "Ryujin unnie is strong, she'll be ok"

"What if she's not? What will I do?" Yeji questioned out loud.

"Well she's gonna make it, believe in her" I reassured her.

————

No POV

"She'll most likely be fine, she needs some rest" The doctor informed the three girls before leaving.

They were outside of the room as they weren't allowed to go in.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't make it earlier, is she ok?!" Winter asked after reaching the three, still panting for air.

"The doctor said she'll be fine..." Yeji replied, still sniffling.

Winter sat down beside the girl and hugged her, letting her cry it all out.

Soon after, a nurse came out of the room.

"Her condition is stabilized now, u may enter the room" She said.

Yeji immediately got up and went into the room, sitting on the chair next to the hospital bed.

She held her girlfriend's hand, feeling the cold temperature of her body.

"We haven't even been a month..." The woman whispered.

She rested her arm on the bed, laying her head on it and slowly drifted to sleep with her other hand caressing Ryujin's.

————

"Yeddeong..." The woman heard a faint but familiar voice call her.

She quickly opened her eyes, looking up at her girlfriend.

"Ryuddaeng!" She exclaimed softly, hugging the girl's shoulders.

Ryujin wrapped her weak arms around Yeji's waist, gently squeezing them.

"I'll go get the doctor" Yeji said, leaving a peck on the girl's forehead.

Soon after, the doctor arrived and requested to have a private chat with Ryujin.

"But-"

"It's ok baby. Can u get me some food? I'm hungry" Ryujin insisted.

".. alright" Yeji hesitantly agreed. "I'll see u later"

"See u later" Ryujin grinned.

While Yeji was gone, the doctor explained Ryujin's condition to her.

"Unfortunately we made a mistake in the calculations. I'm terribly sorry, but you'll only have until midnight" He apologized.

"...what time is it now?" Ryujin asked.

"It's currently.. 11:43pm" He said after checking his watch.

Ryujin stayed silent, thinking about how to break the news to her girlfriend of not even a month.

"I'm sorry, we tried all we could do" The doctor apologized again.

"It's alright" Ryujin insisted.

"I'll take my leave now" He said as he left.

Not long after, Yeji came through the door, holding a bag of instant ramen in her hand.

Ryujin smiled, thinking of how this would be her last meal and it would be with her girlfriend.

She quietly ate after the noodles were ready, mentally preparing herself to break the news to the woman in front of her.

"Yeddeong" She called out.

"Hm? Do u need something?" The woman immediately asked.

"About what the doctor said..." She started.

"What about it?"

"H-he said.... I'll only have until midnight.." Ryujin's voice lowered, tears started building up in her eyes.

"W-what?" Yeji stuttered.

"I'll only have until midnight, Ddeong. I can't.. I can't be with u forever.." Ryujin said as tears started dripping down her face.

"Shhhh... It's ok baby. It's ok" Yeji hushed her girlfriend as she was starting to cry as well. "We'll spend these last few minutes together, ok?"

"I'm sorry Yeddeong" Ryujin said in between sobs.

"For what? It's not ur fault. None of this was" Yeji reassured her.

"At least.... I'll spend my last few minutes with u" Ryujin mumbled as she hugged the older tighter.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, gently caressing each other.

"I love u baby" She said before kissing the woman as she slowly lost consciousness, and soon, her life.

"I love u too baby, more than u know"

————

10 years later

Yeji graduated from university and soon became a well known surgeon in South Korea.

"There was this patient the other day... She said she was scared of the small chance she had to lose her life. And of course, I successfully executed the surgery" Yeji shared. "Execute's a weird word to use in this case, actually"

She stayed silent for awhile, thinking about what to say next.

"Everyone misses u Ddaeng. I wish u were still here. Here to support me when things get stressful. But it's ok. You're getting ur well deserved rest now. And I'll meet u again, sooner or later" Yeji smiled.

"I have to get going now. I'll see u later, ok?" She caressed the picture on the tombstone before leaving the area, heading back home.

Stopping at a red light, her phone suddenly rang, playing Ryujin's favorite song.

"Hello?" She picked up.

"Dr. Hwang, I know u don't do Sundays, but there's this patient that specifically requested for u" Her colleague informed.

She took a deep breath. Sundays were indeed her rest days. Both to visit Ryujin and to rest at home.

"Listen, I'm sorry, but it's been tiring. I need some rest. Is there any way we could reschedule for tomorrow?" She insisted.

She could escape her current situation, but she can't abandon her duties as a medical worker.

"Hold on a second..... Yes, she can. How about 3pm?"

She opened her schedule, checking if she was free on the said time.

"Uhh yeah, that works" She got back to her colleague.

"Alright thank u Dr. Hwang. Have a good rest"

"Of course" She hung up.

'I wish I could still cuddled with u'

——————End——————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 2.4K 34
At a Korean high school, charming and rebellious Ryujin vies for the affections of a shy new student, Yeji. This is a journey of both Ryujin and Yeji...
200K 7.9K 55
Shin Ryujin and Hwang Yeji were close friends growing up until one began to develop feelings and push the other away, unsure how to handle her emotio...
24.1K 1.2K 27
The ups and downs of school and life affect the one-sided love between an aspiring writer and her beautiful but apathetic classmate and neighbour. In...
104K 4.2K 37
Ryujin is your average almost 18 year old. She's craving that excitement and freedom that comes with being older and is looking for more in life. Her...