40

No POV

The athletes' time at the academy passed like every other day there. Study, eat, train, eat, sleep. It had been their routine for quite some time.

Today was a relatively special day for the three. Their coach had an announcement waiting for them. It wasn't like their usual training report, or complaints, that's what makes it special.

After their lessons, the three were changing into their training attire.

"Coach said he has an announcement to make today" Ryujin said, breaking the silence. "I wonder what it's about"

"Probably the usual" Winter replied.

They finished changing, having a few minutes to spare, they decided to head to the gym early.

On their way there, they overheard their coach on the phone. Yeah, overheard, definitely not eavesdropping.

"Their outstanding players, don't worry. I know there'll be a huge difference in your current stats once they join. U just have to trust me" The coach said.

They decided to leave before getting caught, which they can't really guarantee never happened before.

"I wonder who she was talking about" Ryujin wondered out loud.

"Stop wondering about everything" Lisa commented.

But she couldn't help it. She's really curious because there's still a possibility that one of them would be her.

"Last time I checked, u were the one who told me to share my feelings if something's bothering me" Ryujin countered.

"And that bothers u?" Lisa questioned.

"Duh?" Ryujin replied.

Entering the gym, the three decided to just sit down and chat for awhile before their training session starts.

----

"I told all of u I have an announcement to make today, right?"

They all nodded in response.

"Well, the Korean basketball team's manager reached out to us a few days ago, saying they want to scout a few players, disregarding their nationality"

Everyone say up straight, knowing where this is gonna go.

"I suggested a few of u: Lalisa Manoban, Kim Minjeong, Shin Ryujin, Ava Mackenzie and Siobhan Walsh, our best players"

The five mentioned were listening attentively, not wanting to miss a single part of the announcement.

"And their picks: Ava Mackenzie, Kim Minjeong, Shin Ryujin, and of course, Lalisa Manoban"

The four girls were more than excited to hear the news, Siobhan wasn't mad either, she knew she wouldn't be able to make it with the other four on the list.

"Their reasons for not accepting Walsh: she could improve a little bit more"

The girl nodded understandingly.

"Putting that aside, Mackenzie, Kim, Shin and Manoban, four of u are leaving in 5 hours. Pack all ur things and wait outside the front door"

The girls immediately excused themselves and ran up to their rooms. Delighted to hear the news, Ryujin was definitely going to inform Yeji about this. After she packs, of course.

"WE'RE GOING BACK TO KOREA" Lisa yelled after shutting the door.

"I missed my Rina for so long" Winter acted emotional while the other two gave her smug looks.

"Shut up. Just pack ur stuff" She mumbled.

The two laugh at her reaction and started packing everything they owned that was in the room. Ryujin suddenly thought of something.

"Does that mean we can throw all our books away now?" She asked.

"Great idea" Winter agreed.

"You're not throwing them away, we could recycle them" Lisa said. "You're also gonna have to go back to a proper school now"

"We'll just go back where we came from then" Ryujin shrugged.

They honestly never thought they would be able to leave that early.

"Wait- doesn't that mean you're going to the actual team instead of under-19?" Winter asked Lisa.

"Yeah?" The girl replied.

"How are u here then?" Ryujin asked.

"U do realize this place accepts all ages, right?" Lisa said in disbelief.

"Ohhh, yeah, definitely" The other two replied.

They continued packing up when someone knocked on the door. Ryujin, being the quickest to finish, answered the door.

"Are u guys done yet?" Ava asked politely.

"Yeah, just finishing up" Ryujin replied.

"Can I go with u guys?" The girl asked.

"Sure" Ryujin replied.

To be honest, Ryujin never wanted the girl to join them. She just felt like it would be rude to decline, especially when she's gonna be with them for the entire flight. She wasn't even sure how old the girl was.

"I'm done!" Lisa exclaimed, plopping herself on the bed.

"Finally, let's go now" Winter said and pulled Ryujin with her.

"You're evil! At least give me the key" Lisa whined.

They locked their dorm up and passed the key to their manager before leaving for the airport.

In the car, Ava sat int he passenger seat while the three sat behind, squishing Ryujin in the middle again.

"Oh c'mon not again" She whined.

"Deal with it" Winter said.

Ryujin ignored her and sent Yeji a text.

----------------
Yeddeong🖤

I'm going back to Korea todayyyy

Really?

Yeah
We got into the teammm

Congratssssss
Do u want to celebrate it?

I don't mind either way

I gotta get off my phone before I lose track of what's going on
Have a safe flight
Love uuu

Love u toooo
Seen

----------------

She really couldn't wait to go back and meet her again.