Love or Not

By AranyaAltair

To love is a choice! But it is more than that for Zee Pruk Panich. It was his life's mission. He had a succes... More

Chapter 1: The Rise of Zee Prologue
Chapter 2: Zee, "Where are you?"
Chapter 3: NuNew's Life Detours
Chapter 4: Can It Be Real
Chapter 5: The Dream Becomes Reality
Chapter 6: Misunderstandings
Chapter 7: To Catch a Faen
Chapter 8: Shippers Paradise
Chapter 9: You Make Me Forget to Breathe
Chapter 10: Zee's Fate
Chapter 11: Zee's Capitulation
Chapter 12: The Trials of Zee
Chapter 13: The God Bond
Chapter 14: The Magnificent July
Chapter 15: Finding the Balance
Chapter 16: A God's Choice
Chapter 17: Letting Go
Chapter 18: Family
Chapter 20: Family Mysteries
Chapter 21: Settling Old Scores
Chapter 22: Consequences
Chapter 23: Is This The End?
Epilogue

Chapter 19: To Catch a Primordial God

273 6 4
By AranyaAltair

Summary:

Its a race against time to save Nu and the babies or will Zee lose it all? Their last hope is to find his grandfather Phanes, Nu's maternal grandfather, creator of the universe, a primordial god who loves to play games. Will being his favorite grandson hold sway with the god or will his petty rivalry with Zeus be the end for Nu in this lifetime? After a week of searching Ares and Nyx has no luck finding Phanes but a devious plan could bring him out of hiding. Will they survive the god's wrath or save the family who desperately needs his help?

Chapter Text

With only forty years left, everyone in Olympus was trying to find the answer before the meeting, but it was not going well. They must reschedule until Ares and Nyx return with news once they send them on their mission.

Zee was home caring for Nu, and Zeus had lost his temper more times than he could count. If no one could figure out his son's and two grandchildren's fate, heads would roll.

They were running out of time. In a few hours, the healers should again check on his son. Even though Nu could heal himself now, he was too weak to use his light, and no one wanted to take any more chances.

It was best to let him rest for half a day and then let him try to get out of bed. They were still unsure what his light had done to his son. Even Lóngshén was worried he had completed the conversion to dragon born for the family too soon.

The conversion usually was done over a thousand God years. Their son was converted fully in half that time. The grandchildren in the first days of existence. Even Zee showed signs of aggression that young dragons had when they had found their mate.

Zee's horde was already massive. Watching him become the dragon, Lóngshén knew Zee could be. He watched as he cared for his son as all dragons cared for their mates, warming his heart. The family will make a magnificent addition to The Thunder of Dragons.

Lóngshén was still worried. He could feel something different in himself and his newly dragon-sealed family and wondered if the conversion had been mutated by the supreme god light pushing into Nu at the time of the conversion.

"I am not worried about if my son can manage anything that may have happened. He is strong, stronger than people think. He is a dragon. He is a dragon born. I am worried about our grandchildren. What is worrisome is that they have a power we have never seen before. Have we ever had someone who projected their thoughts into pictures in our minds? I know of no god who can make waking projections. We only have the power to manipulate dreams," Lóngshén was becoming irritated by all the questions unanswered.

The dragon's long nail pulled a book off the shelf and scanned the information again before he looked back at Zeus. The gold symbol glowed as the information transferred from the book to the dragon's mind. Finding nothing, he grunted in irritation, and a puff of black smoke escaped his nostrils.

"I should mention that no god fetus has ever interacted with their parents before birth or anything else as they do. I could have sworn that when we were in the living room talking, something was listening. I felt their presence. Were they able to be in the room without us knowing? I might be worried for nothing. That is the old dragon in me coming out," his head bowed in defeat when the next book proved just as useless.

Zeus shook his head at the old dragon, letting him see his frustration through the bond. The dragon recoiled and screeched. After regaining his composure, the dragon nodded and returned to searching.

"I returned to the prophecy room and scanned all that pertained to Nu. From all said and unsaid, this was a possibility. It had to be a deep desire for Zee and Nu for this to be possible. They both must have had a deep yearning for children, and for them to have twins, they must have been divided on which one each wanted, so the universe gifted them both, and I am way off on my assumptions. You know what they say about assumptions. It will make an ass out of you every time. Then I lowered myself and visited Kronos on the Isles of the Blessed to find Nu's grandfather Phanes, the creator of the universe and humanity. I was so close, but each time he gave me the slip. Our centuries-old feud is alive and well. I need to send Nyx. She is one of Nu's mothers, after all," Zeus growled and continued to browse the scrolls he had littered on the table.

Zeus hoped that Phanes was not still holding a grudge. He should have never let Phanes know he was furious when he stayed out of the Titan wars, content with creating his universe and his beloved humans.

He would have been more pragmatic and less childish if he had known today was coming. He knew that he may have crossed a line when dancing with glee as he moved Phane's thrown chair out of his sanctum and into his hall in Olympus.

Back then, he felt the old god should have respected him. He was born to free his siblings. All gods were born for a purpose, and he had to fulfill his. He never expected Phanes to help, but when he needed him, he should have come. He is the creator of the universe.

He could have assisted him other than helping him to hide from his father when he was a baby. His threats of swallowing him to absorb his power or throwing him in Tartarus with the other Titans were him venting his anger, not that he would have ever done it.

He let him roam his precious universe and play with the humans until the Titans were freed to the Isles of the Blessed. Suddenly Phanes seemed to enjoy spending time there when he felt his humans did not need him.

Nyx, a god older than himself, was the daughter of Phanes. When her father decided, he did not want to rule and wished to enjoy his creation. He handed down his scepter to Nyx, who turned it over to her son to be seized by Kronos to rest in his own hands.

It still ruffled Planes wings that he possessed and refused to return to his family line. The scepter was a symbol and not of Zeus's family line. Zeus agreed it was just a thing but loved holding on to it for revenge. He could be petty too.

His past pettiness would come back to haunt him when he needed the deity to help him with his son. He will take pity on his grandson and come to his aid.

If not, he would lose his edge over Phanes and return his scepter, which irritated him, but if that were the case, there would be no other choice. His son came first over a thing.

When the call went out to all of Zee and Nu's parents, instead of waiting for the meeting, they came running to help find answers as they should. They would meet the children at the time agreed upon and hope they had some answers.

They were not getting anywhere fast, and Zee could be a terrifying god when he wanted to be. When he was in his god creation here in Olympus, he made Zeus take a step back from him a few times.

His son-in-law could be terrifying when he is angry and even more so when his lifemate is in peril. Once Nu stubbed his toe, you would have thought someone tried to assassinate him in his sleep. No god slept easy that night, making Zeus shudder even now. Ares came up behind the two gods and spoke.

"I agree that day was not a good day for us all. I am glad he is on our side, well, my son-in-law's side. That is why we must find answers. I cannot stand by and let Zee and Nu be hurt again after what I have done. I know they said The Dark was the cause of what happened, but I cannot and will not take the easy way out. I will make it up to them. I must," falling to his knees, Ares looked at the other two gods pleadingly.

Zeus wanted to comfort Ares, but he could not. Through their bond, Ares's emotions were bleeding so much that it affected every god in the room. There was not a dry eye in the room now. There was so much pain for what he had done.

"Son, I need you to return to the Isles of the Blessed and try to find Phanes. Take Nyx with you. Her father may come to see her if he knows she is there, "Zeus leaned down and helped Ares up off the floor.

Nyx came quickly in her dramatic clothing and flicked her cape to whip around her body when she reached the two gods. Zeus realized Nu's need for dramatic capes and costumes, and his intense stare came from his mother when he looked up after showing it off. Shaking his head, he waved them both off.

Nyx & Ares

"Your son and my son make a good coupling. They were destined to be a fated pair. My son loves him with all his heart. My lovely Nu wears his heart on his sleeve, and you can feel their boundless love fill the family bonds. Since they arrived in Olympus, gods have been happier, and those that have been in love for millennia have had a love recurrence. They are blessed and a blessing to us all," Nyx sighed with hearts in her eyes.

Nyx had made Ares feel more ashamed of himself. Ares had trouble reconciling himself that something had invaded his inner self so long after that battle. His son had suffered a terrible fate.

Then to make his guilt even heavier, he beat his son's lifemate while pregnant with his grandchildren. His mind screamed at him to ask his father to end him to pay back a little of the debt he owed with his life.

Nyx turned and looked at Ares, her mind blown that the God of War was contemplating his end. Nyx could sometimes hear others' thoughts if they were strong enough. She was worried that the god of war was contemplating his demise over something he had no control over.

"Ares, you are hurting, but we will help our sons. We need to put our energy into this. My son has forgiven you. Look into the family bond. You can feel his forgiveness and love for you. That is who he is at the core, love, and light. Accept it. Your son will forgive in time. His mind is on the welfare of his lifemate and not on you. Be grateful that you have time to secure his forgiveness, and we can all become a family," Nyx danced around him smiling brightly.

No matter how old Nyx was, she still acted like a child, and Ares had always found joy in that. He decided to give himself a break, help his sons and grandchild find the answer he needed, and let the rest work itself out and let the chips fall where they may.

At that moment, he realized after looking into the bond and seeing Nu's love for him that it would hurt him even worse if he gave up his life. He was a wonder and a gift to them all. Why would such a person love him so much after hurting him? His very existence depended on feeling Nu's love for him now.

Now satisfied that his mind was settled, they were at their destination, and she needed all her wits about her to catch her sly father. He already knew they were coming, and his game plan was complete. She would know how to outwit the old fox.

He was family and had access to the family bond. He knew what they needed. She hated that he decided to play games now when his grandson's and great-grandchildren's life were in danger.

If she was childlike, her father was infantile. His demands were irrational, and he was prone to tantrums, but he could be your best friend and a wonderful father. He would spoil his great-grandchildren as he did all the children in the family.

He expected them all to continue being children and act childlike when he was around. He hated it when any child showed any maturity. Thousands of times over the centuries, her father died and rebirth. He would have to lower himself to ask Zeus to resurrect him.

It irked him to beg; he had refused rebirth for centuries. He was an aged old man frozen in time. Phane's mother was believed to be a phoenix, so he needed to turn to ash and rebirth to be youthful, whereas gods did not age past thirty earth years.

Others believed that he was punished to age and die and be reborn. No one cared why, but what Zeus did not know was that his scepter was the key to him being allowed to rebirth at will.

The secret of the scepter's origin and ability was kept deep in the recesses of Nyx's mind, so Zeus could not see it even if he dream walked.

Until he reclaimed what was his, he refused to ask Zeus for a rebirth. The last time her father had requested rebirth, Zeus demanded that her father stay away from Nu. He was never seen again and never rebirthed. He refused to abandon his grandson in his lifetimes.

All who believed that Zeus was unreasonable felt sorry for him and learned to entertain the old man and play his games from a young age. Sometimes they were in the middle of their childish games when something adult appeared, and he would see the spark of maturity. He would become enraged.

Depending on how mad you made him would depict your punishment. Sometimes he could disappear for years. While Phanes loved Nu, he could not stop being who he was at his core.

Nu had been his favorite grandchild in all his incarnations, often spending hours and hours with him when he was a child. In each new lifetime, Phanes loved Nu the most.

At first, Nyx was a little vexed that her father loved her son more, but after meeting him, she fell under his spell, and they both spoiled him terribly. They were always filled with sorrow the day they would have to leave his childhood and wipe his memory of them.

They would often watch him and miss their hours together. They would attend every dance recital, play, sports event, concert, and other life events throughout his lifetime. Their Nu was so talented that he was always the bright light of that Earth era.

Her father deeply missed Nu, and she believed that is why he fled to Elysian, to heal his broken heart. But in his time of need, her father chose to play games instead of helping their favorite. She would make him pay.

As the fog cleared and the cloud cover parted, it was like curtains slowly opening, and the backdrop on a stage appeared. A double rainbow greeted their arrival. They watched in awe as all the Isles shimmered into existence.

Ares and Nyx looked at each other as they heard her father's giggles that faded as quickly as they started. You would think a primordial god would be more dignified.

"Let the games begin, " Nyx and Ares whispered in unison.

Zee

Time was so unbelievable in the god realm. Nu was only hurt for seconds if it was the mortal realm. In the god realm, it took a week before Nu felt like himself. He was once again taking a nap. Being pregnant and sick had taken its toll. All the parents were sympathetic to his lifemate but were no help.

Zee spent several days with Nu and took care of his every need. He spent time with his children listening to them chatter with the kitten. NuZe made up stories to play in their mind making them all laugh.

But as time went on, she became more proficient. The pictures and descriptions were more detailed and vibrant. The gift would grow; Zee was sure of it. But what was it for? He had no idea.

After a week, Nu was out of bed and ready to face whatever came their way. It had been days since Zeus had sent Nyx and Ares to find Nu's grandfather.

Others had offered to help, but Zeus had said if they did, the old man would change the game he was playing now, and it would start over. They did not have time. Forty years was not enough time for them to troubleshoot this issue.

Worse case, Zee would return to the mortal realm without him, and Nu would stay in the god realm until he gave birth to be safe. But whenever someone mentioned this to Zee, he would lose his temper, the mountain would shake, and rocks would fall.

No one had mentioned that option again, but it was on the table as far as Zeus was concerned. After spending time with his grandchildren, he was unwilling to lose them.

Zeus gave him until this evening to talk with Nu about this option, or he would be here tonight to do this for him. Lóngshén appeared a few minutes before, soothed the children to sleep, turned their orb to stone, and wrapped around them to keep them from hearing the conversation. A few seconds later, the dragon was stone, and they disappeared.

"Baby, we need to talk," Zee got in bed with Nu, pulled him on his lap, and held him.

Nu smiled and touched Zee's face, kissing his lips softly. He was staring into his lifemate's eyes. Zee could feel the love that Nu had for him radiating from the bond. It made him feel secure and balanced to do what needed to be done.

"I figured you had something to say when father Lóngshén came and sealed the children in stone. Are the children okay," Nu looked into his lifemates eyes, and the worry started to bleed intensely in the bond.

Holding his lifemate tight, he held on to him for a few minutes, wanting to chase away all his fear and worry. He hated it when Nu was in turmoil. Since his true self returned to him, he could be volatile.

He was more than his father. If his father was the God of War, he was the Deity of War. His anger ran red, but he was warm and full of love when it was Nu. Never once did he ever want to scare his lifemate. The dragon had changed them all, and they were barely beginning to understand what happened.

No one even wanted to know the changes to Nu. He radiated gold all the time. Unlike before, he would only shine when feeling the light. People had said that Gaia was mother earth, and Nu was the Earth.

He floated, and anywhere his feet touched, vegetation grew. Healing others was easy with a wave of his hand, and his light consumption had increased, but when it came to usage, it was like an energy saver had been installed. These were just a few of the things that they noticed.

"I always promised to be honest with you, so here it is. We had been waiting to hear from Ma and Pa since the first communication that Phanes made them play a game. We are hoping that they will produce answers. But we only have thirty-nine years, eleven months, and three weeks in the god realm. Zeus said we could stay longer. No one would miss us until later in the morning since they knew that we were bonding. It is usual for newly bonded mates to be isolated the day after. Every minute of mortal time gives us a year here. We can extend our time here for years, but eventually, we must go back. Our bodies can only be without nourishment for so long before we are forced back into our bodies. Do you understand what I am saying," Zee looked into Nu's eyes, shining with unshed tears.

It was clear that Nu understood what he was getting at. He was glad Zeus made him talk to him about all of this. He wanted them to decide together. He never wanted his lifemate to feel that he was not the most important partner of his life.

"I'll do anything to save our children. Whatever I must do, we do. Whatever decisions need to be made; I trust you to make them in the best interests of our family. I love you, Zee Pruk Panich, my lifemate, my Hia. You were the one that was meant for me. You do not need to ask. Just do," Nu touched his face, and his heart melted.

Zee knew that this was exactly how his lifemate would feel, but he did not want to take away his choices. They were partners. They grew up as a couple in the five hundred years they have been here.

They had a better understanding of each other and built a solid foundation. They would need it once they get back to the mortal realm. Zee always had this feeling that something terrible was coming. This time in the god realm cultivating their relationship and a solid foundation was crucial.

He did not know why he felt this way. All couples did, but when he asked Zeus, he felt something was behind it. He told his son-in-law to follow his gut and do what needed to be done.

Whatever trials and tribulations they may face, if he respected Nu's feelings and kept the lines of communication open, even if he did not want to talk, he would eventually come to speak to him.

Nu was more like Hera. He shut down and lived in his head when things went sideways. Zee had to be persistent, love him unconditionally, and let him work it out independently.

Zee took this to heart and followed this formula whenever they encountered an issue. Nu may have pushed him away and stayed away, but by the end of the day, he was back to apologize that he needed to think things through.

He did not want to say something he did not mean. Zee would open his arms and let Nu run to the warmth and love his touch could bring. His family was his to protect, and he would not fail.

"We will figure it out eventually. The meeting has been postponed until tomorrow. The parents are in the hall of records, still researching, and asked for another twenty-four hours. Ares and Nyx are looking for your yaya. Hopefully, they can find him soon," Zee covered them up and held his lifemate as his eyes fluttered closed.

Zee held him tight, wanting him to rest. Their life was beautiful but complicated. They would be parents, love, live, be happy, and save the world. He was ready for anything. He had accepted his destiny. What was in his arms now mattered most; he would protect him with his life.

"Sleep, my love," Zee murmured, kissing his lips as his eyes fluttered closed, and they slept.

Ares & Nyx

When created, Elysian was divided into two realms. The Land of the Blessed or the White Islands, ruled by Zeus's Titan father, Kronos, was in the far western stream of the river Oceanus. All the heroes of old and myth were sent to enjoy their rich afterlife full of happiness and splendor.

In the underworld, separated from Hades, were the Lethean Fields located by the river. Lethe was a beautiful field with its warmth and was ruled by the compassionate Persephone. This realm is created for those who lead a virtuous life. Many myths and beliefs were designed around these two places, but one thing was true about time.

Time ran differently from the god realm in seconds and kilo seconds. Elysian ran in mega seconds and Hades in hecto seconds. But time was time. Whether it moved fast, like in the mortal realm, or slow, time kept moving forward. There was no stopping father time. But he did give the gods advantages as it should be.

"Ares, you take Lethean Fields, and I will take the white islands. Once you have covered the area, message me through the bond if you find my father," Nyx huffed, irritated, before the games began.

If you started the games before the games opened, you were given a penalty and wanted to avoid that. He was a stickler for the rules, and his sentences were not always pleasant.

"I do not understand If Nu is his favorite grandson, why does he hide from us and not help him? If it were my son, I would wear down the walls of hell to help him," Ares grumbled.

Nyx shook her head. Those who did not have contact with her father never really understood. He was who he was. He was created that way, and she learned long ago that it was for a reason.

The game fire sounded across the island, and both realms' residents screamed excitedly. The games would play out in real-time for all the residents who wish to view the games.

Her father always had a flair for the dramatic. As Ares and Nyx split up to cover ground, her father did not set any rules, which is terrible for them all.

It could make the games last longer than they had time for. If her father did not have the answers to save her son, she would never forgive him.

After a week, they still failed to find her father. Ares and Nyx decided to meet in a bar on the furthest white island and stopped using the bond to speak. Her father must be listening in on their conversations to be able to avoid them this long.

Coming up with a brilliant plan that would flush her father out, she was almost ready to put their plan into action. She hoped her father would show up, or she would hate him forever if he did nothing. Ares and Nyx nodded and opened the bond.

"Time is up, my son's body will be dead in the mortal realm soon, and my grandchildren will cease to exist. We need to get back. We can no longer play the game. We will need to wait for their rebirth and hope that Zee and Nu find each other in the next life and my grandchildren restored," Nyx sniffled, tears falling from her eyes as she threw herself in Ares's arms in anguish.

Both jumped apart when a roar filled the night sky, and the sky turned red. She knew this sign, her father was coming, and he was angry. They were in deep shit.

"Nyx, I think we need to run. He is pissed, and I do not want to die because some crazy primordial god is pissed off that we tricked him into coming out in the open," Ares headed west for the gates of Elysian for a fast exit.

Nyx shook her head and wanted to tell Ares it was futile. She turned and gave Ares a funny look; full gods after age thirty did not die, so who was being dramatic here?

They had made their bed and now had to deal with her father. It was not like they lied. Those were the consequences that could happen if they did not find the answer they needed for her son.

Nu's body would wither away in the mortal realm. In contrast, his spiritual god body and mind were trapped in Olympus, waiting for the birth of his children, which could take centuries to be born.

They would all perish if his mortal body died before the children's birth. A god's child could not be taken out before death. They were either born or not. But was Nu a god, mortal, dragon, or other? No one knew. This is why they needed her father.

They just lied about the time frame of his premature death. What is a little lie between family? Right?

Notes:

Thank you all for being patient. I didn't expect to be sick for so long that it took time to get the chapter out. Thank you all for your patience. I appreciate it very much. I was super excited about this one cause we are introducing Nu's grandfather. He is going to be a handful. A new inspiration video is posted on my social media platforms if you wish to visit and check it out. Thank you so much for reading. I appreciate that you all enjoy the stories I create

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 950 10
Just a story of a 20 years old boy Nunew who wants to have a sexual experience for the first time, but the question is how? 🔞🔞🔞 Zee Pruk x Nunew C...
83.8K 4K 51
Zee Pruk is the CEO of a clothing brand called Super Sun. He is 25 years old. Although he is still young, he is one of the most successful CEOs in Th...
12.2K 583 27
Everybody loved NuNew except the one man he wanted to love him. NuNew is a new recruit at DMD. The same entertainment agency as his idol, Zee Pruk P...
39.9K 1.9K 22
When NuNew lost everyone in his family, he had to live with someone, Mr. Pruk... Younger one will try many ways to get attention from this man, who...