From Best Friends To Lovers:...

By NurIsmail

Violet Rose Everett, an orphan under the care of her young aunt has always stick around with her two best fri... More

Chapter 1: First day of school
Chapter 2: The new student
Chapter 3: Fine moments
Chapter 4: Second day
Chapter 5: Noticing the bullied girl
Chapter 6: Time flies
Chapter 8: Heartbreak
Chapter 9: New crush
Chapter 10: A disturbance
Chapter 11: Confusion
Chapter 12: Together
Chapter 13: Spacing out
Chapter 14: Let the cat out of the bag
Chapter 15: Prom night
Chapter 16: The truth
Chapter 17: Last day of school

Chapter 7: Party time

36 2 0
By NurIsmail

Chapter 7: Party time

Watching the blue sky, Violet observes the shapes of the clouds as she lies on the grass of her front yard after watering the plants. She gives out a quiet sigh before rubbing both of her cheeks. It’s the weekend and she has to do most of the chores since her Aunt has to work on Saturdays as well. She continues to stare at the sky as her mind plays back the time when she sees Jared and Lily together.

They are getting closer and closer these past months ever since she brought her to their lunch table. Violet feels a little jealous at Lily but she tries not to think about it too much since it makes her heart somewhat broken.

The people that are passing, looks at her as she continues to lie down. Embarrassed after she notices them, Violet gets up on her feet quickly and walks back inside the house. Her cats are sound asleep despite it still being morning. They were already awake, they just went back to sleep.

Violet chuckles slightly before petting their heads and go straight towards the laundry room to put the dirty clothes into the washing machine. She walks back in and hears her phone giving out the message tone in her pocket. She takes it out and checks it. It’s from Jared. Violet blushes slightly before reading the message.

Party tonight at McAllister’s! Come to my house and I’ll bring you there, yeah? I’ll see ya!

Violet smiles happily before putting her phone away and goes back to doing chores. John McAllister is a junior in her school and he likes to throw parties on the weekend.

The evening comes around and Violet is sitting on her bed as she puts on her socks. She’s wearing a loose purple shirt with dark blue straight cut jeans. She later puts on her army-like dark green boots before typing up her hair into a ponytail. Topaz and Joey are wrestling with each other on her bed again. Violet chuckles as she gently takes them both apart to kiss their head.

Violet had left a note on the dining table for Heather to see when she comes home from work. She goes out and locks the door before leaving the keys inside the orchid pot where they always leave it when none of them are home. Violet walks over to Jared’s house while watching the sky. Its half-moon and the stars are shining. Watching the night sky is always the best. Without a warning, Violet bumps into someone and making her stumble backwards before the person catches her.

She looks at the person and realizes it is Vlad. He helps her get back on her feet before looking at her.

“Ah, gee. Thanks, Vlad. You saved my head there.” Violet smiles as she looks at Vlad. Vlad smiles and nods in reply.

“You need to always watch out where you go, silly.” He says teasingly before looking at his house. “Jared sure is taking his time.” Vlad sighs before looking at Violet. Violet smiles at him before looking at the house and nods.

“Same old Jared I guess.” She chuckles slightly before looking at Vlad again. “Do you think Jared and I are ever gonna be together?” She asks quietly to Vlad. Vlad shakes his head gently.

“Who knows?” Vlad answers quietly before looking straight into Violet’s eyes. There’s a silent in between them as he continues gazes into her eyes. Violet’s heart jumps slightly as she watches him. Vlad then starts to move his face towards hers slowly. Violet notices this would flinch back slightly snapping Vlad out before he turns away and walks over to the car with his cheeks flushing a slight red.

“V..Vlad?” Violet says as she looks at him. He stays quiet as Jared starts to come down the path.

“Hey guys! Sorry for the wait. Uh, is everything okay?” Jared asks as Vlad was quiet and so is Violet.

“No, everything’s fine. Let’s get going.” He answers as he gets into the passenger seat. Jared raises one of his eyebrows before looking at Violet. She stays silent before walking towards the car and sits on the back seat. Jared could only shrug it off before he goes into the driver’s seat and starts to drive towards the house where the party is at.

During the car ride, Violet tries to figure out what just happened back there. Was Vlad leaning in to kiss her? She glances over at Vlad who is staring out the window before going back to look out the window as well. Her face blushes slightly as she remembers how close his face was to hers before she flinched back.

Jared parks his car at the sidewalk before going out of the car. The blasting music from the house can be heard blocks away when they were arriving there. Violet and Vlad gets out at the same time before start walking towards the house. Violet notices Jared is still by the car and turns around to look at him.

“Jared?”

“Uh, yeah?” Jared turns to look at Violet from his phone.

“Aren’t you coming in?”

“Uh, yeah, I’m just gonna wait for… uh… Lily.” He smiles as he turns back to his phone before calling someone. Violet stays silent before looking at Vlad who is waiting for her and Jared. Vlad looks away as soon as she turns towards him. Violet stays silent before smiling slightly.

“Okay…” with that, she walks into the house with Vlad. The loud music and people crowded inside the house makes it hard for Violet and Vlad to get through and soon enough, they were separated. Frustrated by the crowd, Violet decides to go to the drinks section and hang out there until she sees one of her friends. Almost everyone from school was there; even the freshmen.

Violet sigh quietly as she takes some soda and drinks it while waiting for someone she knows to show up. 15 minutes into the waiting, no one showed up. Violet sighs as she looks around the crowd before taking a sip from her drink.

“Hey there, girl.” A voice says from behind. Violet turns around and sees someone leaning against the wall. He looks like he’s drunk. Violet then recognizes his face; he is the senior of her school. Violet could only nod before turning back around to look at the crowd. She then suddenly feels arms wrapping around her before someone pulls her back.

“Now, now, you’re ignoring me? Let’s have a little fun upstairs, okay?” The senior says close to her ear. Violet gasps and tries to free herself but he was too strong.

“No! Let me go, you idiot! Let me go!” Violet screams out but the music was loud and everyone’s too busy having a fun time. Violet hits the guy’s face hard, loosening his grip, allowing her to run off into the crowd. She pushes past through the crowd as she cries. She runs outside into the backyard where no one is around and sits down on the floor as she tries to get a grip.

No one has ever done that to her and it frightened the hell out of her. She sits outside as she tries to calm herself down before looking up at the sky. She takes a deep breath and sigh it out slowly. She finally calms down but continues to sit down outside in the backyard. She sits there quietly before hearing footsteps coming towards her. She gasps and turns around to see Jared.

“Violet? What are you doing here? Are you okay?” He walks over to her as he notices her eyes are damp from under the moonlight. Violet smiles before nodding.

“Yea..yeah. A guy wrapped his arms around me suddenly and it scared me, so I ran out.” She explains as Jared sits next to her.

“What’s his name? I’ll beat him up at school on Monday.” Jared says with a serious face but not looking at Violet. He does that when he’s angry. He won’t look at anyone’s face. Violet shakes her head slowly.

“It’s okay. He was drunk anyways. Doubt he’ll remember what happened.” Violet says before wrapping her arms around her knee. Jared looks over at her before petting her head gently.

“Either way, he made you cry. I can’t let him go easily.” He says gently, but Violet can sense the anger in his tone either way. Violet looks at him as Jared gets up and helps her up.

“Let’s go inside. Stay close to me so there won’t be any more freaks grabbing you.” He says before holding her hand gently and walks around to get inside the house. Violet blushes slightly as she holds his hand back and squeezes it gently. When they walk in, the party is still going on and everyone was enjoying their time. Violet stays close to Jared as he leads her towards the dining room where the foods are. Jared then brings her to the other side of the room where the chairs are. That’s when Violet notices that Lily is there and Vlad standing in the middle of the room talking to some girls and his friends.

“Sorry to leave you like that suddenly, Lily. I went to look for Violet.” Jared says as he sits down next to her. Lily smiles before looking at Violet.

“Hey, Violet. Are you all right?” Lily asks gently before getting up to hug Violet. Violet hugs her back and nods.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry.” Violet replies before sitting down next to Jared. As soon as she sits down, Jared and Lily starts to chat with each other. Violet looks at them and notices how both of them are close to each other. A pain strikes inside her chest before looking away from them to scan around the room.

Jared would constantly look at Violet but notices she is busy looking around the room and decides not to disturb her and continues to talk with Lily about the movies they both like. Violet could hear their conversation and she notices that she never had a conversation like that with Jared since 7th grade. Violet feels the jealousy inside her chest grows slowly.

After what seemed like two hours, Lily says that she has to go home. Jared offers to send her back home and calls Violet and Vlad to go home along. Violet sits behind with Vlad as Lily sits next to Jared on the passenger seat. Violet looks at them both from behind as Jared drive towards Lily’s house. Jared’s getting so close to Lily, maybe even closer than she is with Jared. Vlad hadn’t talk to her the whole night after what he tried to did to her before. He stares out the window, watching Violet’s reflection against the window.

Violet looks out the window as well as she predicts what is going to happen next in between both of them. And it did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482 27 10
(I am not continuing with this story. I explain more in the update I have. I do tell you what happens though so if you still want to read go ahead. A...
4K 175 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...
939K 18.5K 29
Divide isn't a normal town. It has Wolves, Witches, and Vampires and they are all divided into different parts of the town. Violet is a wolf and she...
344K 5.1K 46
Violets best friends brother is really attractive and she can't shake it. She has an attraction towards him but doesn't know what to do. Go for it? O...