His Sweet Revenge

By imiswrites

Grayson Wallace is out for revenge. As the son of a well known serial killer, Grayson has a reputation that... More

Playlist.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
*Bonus Chapter* Chapter 50.

Chapter 21.

4.3K 104 26
By imiswrites

GRAYSON

Good god. She gets more beautiful every damn day.

It's ten past nine now. Kade sits at the kitchen table with his head down and his coffee untouched next to him as Layla walks in, freshly showered, making my heart beat faster.

"Morning," she says, avoiding my eyes as she treads over to the coffee pot. I catch myself staring at her legs and have to pry my eyes away.

I almost kissed her last night. I would have kissed her had she not said that we shouldn't. My head is not screwed on right lately. Hale and Macy walk into the kitchen next, dressed and ready for the day.

"Oh, good," Macy smiles. "You're all here. Let's sit and chat for a bit."

Layla brings her cup of coffee to the table and sits across from Kade.

"Why did you take my car, Grayson?" Hale starts off the interrogation with his eyebrows raised.

"I'll get us some coffee, babe," Macy says.

I slide my empty cup back and forth between my hands. "I had no other choice. I didn't know what was happening with Kade, and it seemed easier to bring him back in a car than the bike. I'm sorry. I should have asked you first."

"Okay. And you, Layla? Why did you decide to join in on that adventure?"

Layla shifts uncomfortably in her chair, meeting my eyes briefly. "Well, Kade is my friend now, I guess. I was worried about him."

Hale turns his gaze back to me as Macy sets his coffee in front of him. "You couldn't have told her to stay home?"

"What are you implying here, Hale? That I willingly put her in danger? How was I supposed to know what was going to happen?"

His tone grows firm. "I'm implying that you could have left her at home."

I laugh at that, meeting Layla's eyes. "Yeah. As if she would ever listen to anything I have to say."

She flicks her gaze away, not wanting to look at me. What? She suddenly can't take the heat?

"Let's focus on the situation at hand for a moment. Since we're not going to the police about this, do any of you know who could have done something like that?" Everyone is quiet, and Kade still has his face on the table. "Kaiden!" Hale says loudly, causing Kade to jerk upright.

"No, sir. No idea," Kade answers quickly.

"Good, at least you're listening. Now, do I call your parents?"

"God," Kade groans. "Please don't do that. I'm a grown man. You're making me feel sixteen again, Hale."

Hale sighs, softening a little bit. "Are you okay?"

Kade shrugs, staring into his coffee. "Just dandy."

He's obviously going through something, and I will get it out of him as soon as we're alone.

"So, just to be clear, you and Grayson left the house late at night, took Hale's car, and drove across town to pick Kade up from Valley Ave?" Macy asks her daughter.

"Yes," Layla nods. "He didn't sound okay, and we were worried. When we found Kade and got back outside, someone had done that to Hale's car."

Macy looks to Hale for guidance. A silent conversation passes between them.

"Fine," Hale says, turning his attention back to us. "But next time, please, let us know what's going on."

Macy gets up from the table, grabs Hale's empty cup, and walks it over to the sink. "We have some errands to run for the wedding. If you guys need anything, let us know."

Then Macy approaches her daughter. "We'll talk later tonight," she says before walking off. Layla stays seated with her gaze locked on the table.

"I think I need my car back now, Kade," I say.

He nods, pushing his hair back. "You can come to get it. And I'm sorry ... if I caused you guys any trouble."

I smile at that. "I'm used to trouble. Don't worry. Layla might be in some heat, though."

Layla opens her mouth to respond, but Hale calls me over. I push out of the table and walk over to him.

"Hey," he says once I reach him. "I'm gonna be busy all day, and I was hoping you could do something for me."

I slip my hands into my pockets. "What's up?"

"Could you drive back home and check on Mrs Campbell?"

"Why?" I ask. "Is she okay?"

Hale nods. "Yeah, she's fine, but Frank's out visiting family for a few days, and he asked me to check up on her once and keep her a little company. Well ... we're swamped today, so I thought maybe you could do it."

"Sure," I agree. After last night I'm willing to do anything he asks me. "I'll just have to grab my car from Kade's and then drive over."

"Thanks," Hale smiles slightly. I'm about to head upstairs to shower and get ready, but he stops me. "One more thing, Grayson."

I raise my eyebrows at him, waiting for him to go on.

"Take Layla with you," he says with an unsatisfied look.

"Why would I do that?"

Hale blows out a breath. "Macy thinks the two of you are not getting along as well as she'd like. She believes this time together could be good for you two."

Now I have to be alone with her for hours after I almost kissed her last night? Great. Shit.

"Tell her we get along just fine."

Hale glowers at me. "Take her with you, Grayson. I don't want to discuss this with Macy any more than I have. Just make sure you behave."

I sigh as he walks off. I don't think I can get out of this one.

— — —

"I just don't understand why I have to go with you," Layla says, fiddling with her AC vent.

"Here's an idea. Why don't you call your mom and ask?"

She glares at me from the passenger seat. "Lose the sass." She pauses for a moment as that curious look washes over her face. "What's going on with Kade?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I never got a chance to ask him."

Layla sighs, pulling her legs up and hugging her knees. We're leaving Kade's place after dropping off his bike and trading it back for my car. It will still be about an hour and a half until we get to the house.

"Can I put some music on?"

"No."

She frowns at me. "Why not?"

"Because I'd rather not listen to Taylor Swift for the next hour and a half."

Layla laughs, and the sound warms me up from the inside. "We're supposed to be getting along."

"I like the way we get along just fine."

She starts messing with the radio with a smirk on her lips, and I really should be focusing on the road.

"Layla," I warn.

"I'm gonna play you a song," she laughs, connecting her phone to the Bluetooth.

"I'd truly rather sit in silence."

"And brood? Yes, Grayson, I know you would."

Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac starts to play from the speakers of my car.

"Do you like it?"

I roll my eyes and laugh. "I grew up on this song. It was my mom's favorite."

"See," she smiles. "I have good taste."

The rest of the car ride passes by as Layla continues shuffling through her playlist, telling me tidbits about each song that plays.

"It's rumored that Taylor wrote Style for Harry Styles." She goes on as I pull onto the driveway—the for sale sign swings from the slight breeze.

"Interesting. Because I care so much about either of those people."

I put the car in park and turn it off.

I watch as she eyes the for sale sign. "My mom never told me what you decided."

I step out of the car, and Layla follows. "That's because I haven't decided yet."

"She's asked me how I felt about it before we left for Redwood."

"Oh yeah?" I suddenly don't want to talk about this. "What did you say?" We walk up the driveway, side by side, and I'm fighting back the urge to grab her hand.

"I said that I didn't really know you."

"You still don't know me." I find my house key in my key chain and unlock the door.

"I can't believe I'm going to see your room," she says, a little too excited. "That will tell me everything I need to know about you."

"You used to come over here all the time with your mom. Hale told me."

We step into the foyer, and she shoots me a weird look.

"That'd be a little creepy if I went into your room when you weren't there, no?"

I shrug, leaning back against the wall. "I don't know. Maybe you wanted to smell my clothes or cuddle my pillow."

She smiles. "You know, sometimes I wish I was as full of myself as you are."

I pretend to be shot, holding my chest. "Ouch."

There's that laugh again. "So ... are you going to show me your room or not?"

"So eager, Hands." I lead her upstairs. "I hope you know we're not here to peruse this house. We're here to check on sweet Mrs Campbell."

"That's weird," Layla says, trailing behind me. I shoot a confused glance back at her. "You said this house, not my house."

"Because it's not my house. I just have a room here."

"God," she chuckles. "You are a complicated person, Grayson Wallace."

I open my room door and step inside. It's nothing like Kade's, but for some reason, I still hope she likes it.

"Guitar," she smiles, pointing to my guitar in the corner.

"Kade got it for me for my twentieth."

Layla walks around, taking everything in. She stops at my wall of movie posters. "Are you a Jedi or Sith, Grayson?"

"That is the hottest question anyone has ever asked me."

She snorts. "Freaking nerd. I knew it."

"Coming from the girl whose playlist is ninety-five percent Taylor Swift songs."

Layla continues to stroll through my room, looking at everything. She gasps when she stops at my board, leaning against the wall. "And he skateboards? I bet you've broken a few boards in your lifetime. I can picture it."

"I stopped skating a while ago."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I got busy, I guess."

She sits down on my bed, and that does something to me. Keep it together, Gray. Behave. I close my eyes and sigh. "What are you doing, Layla?"

"Sitting ... because I'm tired," she says obviously.

I fake smile at her. "Can you get off?"

"Why? Are you one of those germaphobes who don't like people in their bed?"

"Nah, I'd like you in my bed. I'd like it a little too much. In fact, I'm already liking it too much."

She leaps up with a disgusted face. "Ew!" She can fake it all she wants, but she's not fooling me. Her cheeks are so red.

I laugh, knowing I got her. "Okay, Lay-Lay. Let's go check on the old lady."

"Can we get ice cream afterward? Oh, and fries? And maybe a burger?"

I smile. "Just say you're hungry."

"Fine, asshole. I'm hungry."

"Okay," I nod. "I guess we can stop for some food. Unless you're hungry for something else?"

She rolls her eyes and follows me out of my room. "Douchebag. That's what you are. I've figured you out."

I chuckle all the way downstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 41 24
Grayson Leech, 17 y.o - a young independent good looking guy. He along with his 3 friends are the school bad boys, popular, they stick together like...
17.8M 427K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
379K 9.8K 75
Layla Harding thought that her life was pretty complete. A college junior, she had the internship of her dreams in Los Angeles, two best friends that...
88.3K 2.8K 21
COMPLETED When sixteen year old Layla Winston's parents die in a tragic car accident. She's left with her Aunt Karen and her sister Ashley. They have...