The Mafiosa's Thorn

By Carlos_G_Peralta

Ever since her husband's tragic passing, Bianca Petali has continued his legacy as boss of the Petali Organiz... More

Author Notes and Mini Reviews
Shakedown
Meeting Pt 1
Meeting Pt 2
Rafael
Fate
A Lit Fuse
Run & Hide
End of A Barrel
Orchidea's Home
Tension
Game
Opportunity
Spar
Unravel
Rattle
Punish
Heartbreak
Decisions
Telephone Game
Date
Consequence
Relief & Tense
Therapy
Dress Up
Concrete
Auction
Spill
Regain
Reward
Steaming
Council
Richie
Sopresa
Fall
Falling
Garner
Rock Bottom
Rising
Fiance
Xianmao
Red
Phoenix
Chills
Declaration
A Moment of Peace
Final Night Pt 1
Final Night Pt 2
Duel
Aftermath
Dungeon
Thanksgiving
Epilogue

Fresh Start

22 6 31
By Carlos_G_Peralta

"Are you ready?" Jian asks while offering his arm.

His twin sister turns to him in a white wedding dress trimmed with gold lining. "I am. Thank you so much."

"I would never miss this day. Raven will love your dress."

Jia takes his arm and wait for the music cue. They hear shuffling of people standing to their feet. He feels his sister's heart pounding a thousand miles an hour.

He embraces her deeply. Her heart slows down to a tortoise's pace. 

"Be happy, Little Hare. Your partner waits for you."

She almost tears up from her twin's comfort. "Another Heaven" by Wang Lee is played by the small orchestra. A duet that talks about finding Heaven in a special someone.

Jian matches steps with his sister as the doors swing open. The right side featuring Raven's family with the left side showing a crying Fu and his associates for this special day.

Raven's lips drop from seeing Jia in all of her beauty. Her heart leaps with a smile behind her simple dress. Jia smiles with the same feeling.

The siblings stop at the appointed spot.

The priest opens his book. "Who gives Jia to be wedded?"

"I do," Jian answers. He lets his twin sister unite on the opposite side of her fiancee while he sits down with his employees.

A red tea set with a double happiness symbol is filled with sweet black tea before being given to Raven and Jia. Jia goes to her brother who helped her through the darkest storm of her life.

"Please drink tea."

Jian happily accepts. After sipping the tea down, he pulls out a red envelope filled with money to bless their new life. He had made sure beforehand that it was from the legitimate means of the Lazy Panda restaurant to alleviate Jia's fears. Jia humbly accepts before kissing him on the cheek.

Raven offers tea to her parents before they repeat their side of the custom. The couple reunites at the altar.

"I heard these two have been waiting a long time. So let's get to the reception," the priest jokes.

The crowd laughs in response.

"Raven. Jia. Do you take each other as partners for life? In sickness and in health? In love and out of it? Til death do you part?"

"I do," they say without hesitation.

"By the power invested in me, I declare your union valid. You may kiss to start your new lives."

Jia and Raven share a tender kiss that receives applause from their families. The newlyweds lead them down to the reception hall where food and dancing awaits them. Raven and Jia share their first dance with tears streaming between them. They are finally together with no obstacles in their way.

Jian and Fu watch on in happiness as they eat some pan-fried dumplings. After their dance, Jia pulls Jian up for their dance together. He whispers the best of luck to her and Raven while offering any future help if they need it.

"No Triad activity, of course."

She chuckles. "I would slap you for that."

"And it would hurt," he laughs. "Seriously, I am so proud of you. You deserve all the happiness in the world."

Her eyes tear up. "The same goes for you. Once we're settled, prepare to be an uncle."

"I will spoil those brats by giving them tattoos," he jests.

She lightly slaps his shoulder. "Don't test me."

The song ends to an applause and with everyone else joining the dance. The Triad associates let loose as they take turns dancing with Raven's side of the family. Jia turns her twin towards her.

"Oh, what did you tell Raven's family about--"

"I told them that we run a family bank."

"Whew! Thank heavens they believe that."

"Does Raven know about your tolerance for spices?"

Jia laughs without a filter. "She does. Good thing she's more used to it than I am!"

The reception continues before the couple leaves for their honeymoon in Hawaii. Jian and Jia embrace one more time.

They slowly drift apart, but remain to be in each other's lives. He would later receive photos of their honeymoon that included diving in underwater caves and eating a suckling pig together while watching the fireworks.

He smiles before resuming his job as the Triad boss with one reminder: Respect is a larger motivator than fear.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Pop!

Champagne drizzles on the hardwood floor near the moving boxes. Bianca and Miguel take swigs to celebrate their new home in Los Angeles.

A cute one-story house set with four beds and three bathrooms for their future family and guests. The windows let in natural light to brighten up the open spaces. A marble island in the middle of the kitchen and surrounded by wood-stained cabinets. A parking garage is attached to their home with a fenced backyard from their neighbors.

All for the price of $1.5 million which is chump change for the former mafia queen who sold off her home and other assets. One bonus is that it's less than three miles away from where Isabella lives with Maria and Tommy. Another is that it's close to the best schools their children will attend.

Miguel sits down and pops the reclining chair to relax for a bit.

"Nah uh uh. You need to help in a little bit," Bianca playfully scolds.

"You can add it to my honey-do list," he chuckles. His wife sits on his lap while taking in their future nest.

She imagines where the TV would be, the placement of framed photos on the walls, and where everything else will be. She takes a selfie of them and sends it to Isabella.

{We made it! Just gonna unpack a few things}

...

{That's great mama! Do you need any help?}

...

{I got a strapping man who will take care of that ;) }

...

{Eww. Don't refer to my pops like that! }

...

{Are we still good for Osteria La Buca tonight?}

{Yep!]

"Alright, honey. What should we unpack first?"

He grips her cakes. His eyebrows raise up and drop down.

She grinds her butt against his crotch. "You will get that later."

He drizzles some champagne on her cleavage. His tongue licks her clean. 

"Very impatient," she moans.

"Not my fault you have a body of a goddess," before kissing her plump lips. Their tongues dance while she continues to grind against him.

She breaks the kiss. "Be a good boy and be patient."

He keeps himself still. "As you wish, mistress. Let's unpack the silverware."

Together, they are able to get a few boxes down before heading to the restaurant. The combination of the clarinet, oboe, and harp music sets the mood for an authentic Italian experience. 

Dishes of caramelized ricotta, fresh baked pizza, veal, and spaghetti Bolognese dance their way to the table of five. Everyone raises their glasses of pomegranate juice to celebrate the new couple's home purchase.

Bianca takes a bite and sets her fork down. The taste reminds her of grandmother's cooking in Naples. She smiles while taking another bite.

Tommy swirls some spaghetti using a fork and spoon to help him out. "Mhmm. So good, mama!"

She happily embraces him. "You deserve it after your team made it to the semi-finals! Keep eating as much as you want."

"Hey, mom and pops," Isabella calls to them. "What's the next step?"

Miguel wipes his mouth from the seafood pasta. "Once we're settled in with the house and your mom's new job, adoption is next. But no rush on that."

Isabella's eyes widen. "Mom, you didn't tell me! Congratulations!"

"I will start next week. Unfortunately, the modeling agencies wouldn't take me. They said I'm "too old", but I will start my own agency and drown them. Already got some models around my age who are ready to prove them wrong."

"They are too stupid to turn you down, mi amor."

She pets her husband's head. "They really are."

"What about you, Miguel?" Maria asks.

"I will start a new flower shop that will work in hand with my wife's agency. Her models will be adorned with the most beautiful of irises, daisies, tulips, and roses.''

During his talk, Bianca swipes some pasta from his bowl. His jaw drops from the audacity. His fork travels to her plate of veal but stops from her freezing emeralds.

"Okay, you win."

"Good decision," Maria laughs.

The night continues with the lovers christening their new home by having rough and gentle sex in every room, except one that is meant for their future adopted children.

Towels are thrown near the bathtub. Water splashes over the tub from the aggressive bouncing of his wife on his staff. His fingers rub quickly against the hood of her cave.

"You will drown those stupid agencies! You are still a ruthless queen! Fuck! I know you can do it!"

More words of affirmation help her explode over and over again before his load enters her second hole. She lays back against him with heavy breaths.

"Maybe my age will catch up to me in the bedroom."

"My cock will never get enough of you. I'm addicted to everything that you are."

She kisses him deeply before a strand of saliva splits between them. After some time, he carries her to the bedroom and pulls the covers over them.

"Buenas noches, mi segador."

"Buona notte, mia dea (Good night, my goddess)."

She rests on his chest while taking in the bedroom. The small cactus flower that didn't die from her touch rests on their nightstand. A proud smile flashes on her face. God willing, I hope things will work out for us. Lord, please don't take him yet. Let us grow old together. That's all I will ask of you.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

In the coming weeks, Diego is notified by Miguel about the new home in CA. He takes time off from his job to celebrate their milestone with a bottle of bubbly. Isabella thanks him for saving her life back then.

"De nada. I would do it again. If any boy gives you trouble--"

Isabella laughs. "I got mom and pops for that."

"Consider me a part of that. A triple threat."

Someone else catches his attention. The brunette's curly bangs travel past her shoulders. The sunlight bounces off her eyes, changing her natural brown to that of honey. Her heart-shaped face perfect for holding and kiss--

He shakes his head. "Who's that?"

Isabella smirks. "Maria. Although she's Tommy's mom...she's single."

Diego twirls the ends of his moustache while glancing at the boy who's pounding his mitt to prepare himself. "Oh. Who was the father?"

"Mine."

Diego shakes his head twice with bulging eyes. Isabella gives him a brief summary. He doesn't express any judgment to Maria. He imagines the hurt she went through when she lost Mr. Petali. Even though she inherited some wealth, raising a child all by herself must have been tough.

"Is she even looking to date?"

Isabella shoves him in that direction. "Talk. To. Her."

He checks his breath and pops a mint just in case. Slow, staggering steps as if he's moving through molasses. Killing bad people was way easier than this.

Tommy bumps into him on accident. "Sorry, sir! Are you Diego?"

"You heard of me?"

He adjusts his baseball cap up. "You're Miguel's best amigo and you played some baseball back then?"

Diego chuckles. "I sure did. I was the pitcher on my high school team. Lot of fun throwing curve and screw balls."

Tommy's eyes almost pop out of their sockets. "Can you show me some tips on how to do that?"

"Definitely. But, I need to talk to your madre first."

Despite saying that, his feet barely moved. Tommy grabs his wrist and pulls with impatience.

"Hey, mom! Can Diego and I practice before dinner?"

Maria's breath hitches from seeing him for the first time. Time almost freezes between the two while the Petali family silently cheers from the kitchen.

His trembling hand reaches out. "H-Hi." He clears his throat. "Hi. My name's Diego Sanchez. You must be Maria."

His deep voice is music to her ears. Her dazzling whites greet him. "....I am." She shakes his hand. She almost pulls back from the spark of their touch. "Nice to meet you."

Tommy huffs. "Can we play right now?"

"Sure. Go ahead."

"You can watch if you like," Diego adds on.

"I might do that."

Maria watches the new man teach her son tips on throwing. Showing him different grips and having him practice. Tommy jumps with excitement after getting it right.

"You did it!"

They Hi-5.

"Thanks, sir!"

Maria's heart flutters from hearing his honey voice. She crosses her arms to keep it still. The thought of falling in love again after so long, but she takes a breath. Who would want to be with a single mom?

Dinner was a success as Miguel made baked spaghetti. The others foodgasm from the melted cheese and savory Italian sausage he used. Afterwards, Miguel and Bianca prepare tupperware for leftovers.

Diego sits on the guest couch, contemplating his next move. Isabella takes Tommy outside to wait while the former harvester and mafia queen split up to enact their plan.

Miguel rushes to their garden to pick out a flower while Bianca distracts Maria from leaving. He hands the blue Douglas iris to Diego and tilts his head to the target. His best friend mouths whether it's too soon for that. Miguel lifts him up by the hand and gently pushes him.

"Maria?"

She turns to him. "Yes?"

A lump develops in his throat. "I had a great time with you and your son and...."

Maria's head tilts while waiting for the end.

"I think you're beautiful and lovely and Tommy is lucky to have you as his mom and your hair bounces to perfection and your eyes look like honey and...."

The words flow faster than a river before he collects himself. The single mom can't help but smile at him.

"If you're asking me out, the answer is si."

"Oh, I understand if--"

His brain finally catches up with what she said. She takes the flower from his hand and deeply inhales the scent. Her happy eyes mesmerize him.

"When are you free?"

Diego smiles from ear to ear. "I'm here for the next few days, so how about tomorrow? A walk in the park?"

"Perfect. See you then."

She blows him a kiss before walking away. Diego freezes in place as the door closes behind her. Bianca and Miguel Hi-5 each other in success of their mission. If anyone deserved happiness, it would be those two.

Diego and Maria's first date is successful despite him stepping into dog poop. Her melodic laughter is contagious to him. He gets back at her by booping her on the nose with Rocky Road ice cream. She does the same to him for payback. Conversations flow back and forth through several more dates.

They opened up about their pasts and what they wanted which leads to a kiss on her doorstep.

His thick moustache tickles her lips, but she can't get enough of him. She imagines it on her second set of lips without any shame. His tongue vibrates in her mouth causing her knees to go weak.

She breaks the kiss to halt her urges. Her body wants him to come inside, but her son is sleeping.

Diego takes her hand and kisses it. "It's always a perfect noche contigo (night with you). Sweet dreams, Maria."

He plants another kiss on her cheek before walking away. She leans against the column of her home to keep herself standing. That's the man I want to marry. Please make it happen, God.

Within a few months, a diamond ring flashes on her finger at their wedding. Miguel is Diego's best man while Bianca agrees to be Maria's maid of honor. Diego kisses his new wife's face while Tommy expresses a disgusted happiness for his mom.

"Te amo, mi Maria."

"Ti amo, bello."

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 

A few months later...

Bianca's Plus Positivity agency makes waves in the modeling industry.

Silver-haired models show off their elegance in her styles of clothing with Miguel's flowers that complement their beauty. Her photographers take photos of plus-sized models showing off their curves in their swimsuits.

Mothers who had given birth are given confidence to show their stretch marks from giving life to their loved ones. Their husbands adore their naked confidence which reignites the sparks between them.

Their confidence abounds with Bianca's advice on how to dominate in every photo they take. She even takes a few with her husband to promote her agency. Her stilleto digging into his shoulder with a lustful look focused on him. Him kissing her feet while she sits with a smirk.

Bianca Petali's chosen slogan is displayed with each photo: "Beauty blossoms in every phase of life."

Because she appreciates her models with great compensation and exposure, they promote her agency with all the pride in their bodies. With help from her husband, they were successfully able to put on a walkway event that over showers the rival agency that called her too old. 

She jumps into her husband's arms that her legitimate business is now associated with bigger brands that want to carry on her message.

When things settled down for the couple, they visit an adoption center to get the ball rolling. After proving to them they are financially capable with time to spend with their children, they look through folders of possible children.

One caught Miguel's eye. The nine-year-old girl, named Sabrina, almost resembled what Clarice would have looked like at that age. Long, brown braids with honey eyes. A lump developed in his throat while he taps the paper. Bianca smiles from his decision.

"Oh, Sabrina is a twin. Her sibling's name is Sofia. You could adopt one-"

"We would like the both of them," Bianca asserts. "Nobody should be separated from their family."

The agent nods her head. "Okay. Let's have you meet them and see how you get along. Just need to tell you that Sabrina is protective of Sofia since she's the shy one of the two."

Miguel swallows the lump in his throat. "Of course. Thanks."

The couple sees Sabrina playing basketball with the other kids while Sofia sketches something on her notepad. Sofia's hair is tied up into a ponytail which makes it easier for her to draw without a worry.

Sabrina crosses one of the boys before making a successful layup.

"Sabrina and Sofia! Please come over!"

Sofia slowly steps forward with Sabrina in front who holds her hand.

Miguel crouches down to their level. "Hi, my name is Miguel and this is my wife, Bianca."

"Oh, we heard of you," Sabrina points at Bianca who's confused. "One of our friend's moms was in your photoshoot. Will we be a part of that?"

Bianca knows that question is a test. "No. I will not force you to do any of that. Your gift is definitely basketball. I'm terrible at sports, but I will cheer you on."

The confident twin smiles while Sofia sketches something else.

"And you must be quite the artist," Miguel compliments with sincerity.

Sofia's brown eyes look away. Miguel notices some blue chalk and draws something on the blacktop. The sketch of a blue iris makes Sofia's eyes pop with the detail of the petals.

"I run a flower shop where I have more than this type."

'Y-You do?"

Sabrina's jaw drops from the openness of her sister.

"I do. And you can draw anything you like in there. May...I see what you have done?"

He offers his hand. Sabrina glances at her sister and nods. Sofia tenderly gives him the pad like her heart is on it.

Miguel sees sketches of Sabrina cheering while holding a trophy, her basketball game with details of her sweat, and himself and Bianca. Capturing his mole on the right cheek with his dimples.

"This is so cool, Sofia. Like you put your heart into each one you do. It reminds me of the painting I saw in Harlem."

He pulls out his phone and shows the display of the spray-can artist creating himself. Her smile gets wider with sparkling eyes. 

"How amazing!"

"It sure is. You have the makings of a great artist."

Sofia's eyes water from happiness. "T-Thank you."

Her twin smiles from the acknowledgement of her work.

Through the next few days, Sabrina and Sofia get used to Miguel and Bianca's presence. Through talking, the twins find that they would have siblings through Tommy and Isabella. And an uncle and aunt through Diego and Maria. With Sofia's acceptance, Sabrina tags along with her to their new home.

The twins are in awe of the new home. Sofia sketches the kitchen and impressive bathrooms before they make it to their room. Basketball players that Sabrina idolizes are plastered on the walls while Sofia's side has memorable sketches of famous artists for further inspiration.

"How do you like it?" Miguel stands with Bianca.

Sabrina turns her head to wipe her face. "Did someone cut cebolllas in this room?"

"It's okay to cry, Sabrina."

Bianca's words lead her to embrace her new mother.

"I'm not crying," she denies.

She rubs her back. "Okay. Happy raindrops then."

Sofia joins on in the embrace with Miguel hugging them all. That night, they watched movies and ate whatever they wanted for dinner. Pizza with all the toppings. Sofia would take off the olives since she didn't like the taste of them while Sabrina inhales three slices. 

Over time, they meet Isabella who bakes them strawberry puffs and Tommy who plays baseball with Sabrina. Sofia finds a kinship with Isabella who treats baking like an art. Her older sister allows her to sketch her desserts to keep them with her. Diego and Maria spoil them with visits to the aquarium and amusement parks before handing them back to their parents.

After settling down, the twins get enrolled into school the same time that Isabella would restart her education. Sabrina tries out for the women's basketball team and gets accepted. Sofia gets lost in the arts which inspires her sketches to get more detailed over time.

They would attend both Tommy's and Sabrina's games while making time for Sofia's exhibits for school. She drew and colored in herself as a cocoon that gradually opens with the presence of her twin sister with Bianca, Miguel and her new siblings that broke her shell. She appears in the final sketch as a flying butterfly with her family cheering her on.

"Mom" and "Dad" are labeled over her stepparents.

Bianca and Miguel watch on as the twins sleep in their bedroom. They kiss each other with happiness for their new family.

"I can't wait to grow old with you," he whispers.

"Me neither," she kisses back.

The doors of their past close while a new door awaits their family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

655K 10.7K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...
34.4K 770 51
Book One in the Mafia's Flower series THIS IS A DARK ROMANCE MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES TRIGGERS ARE LISTED ON THE FIRST PAGE As the daughter of a Do...
46.8K 678 100
[Complete] (Editing) Isabella Perez, from a mafia family, in search of a better start in life, runs away from her family and moves to New York for b...
248K 2.2K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, She never really knew her parents, Cassi...