The Great Mouse Detective x O...

By RemixGal

Audrey Willow had just returned to London after traveling a bit to become a photographer and had a dream of w... More

Oc Information
A Kidnapped Flaversham
Meeting David Q. Dawson and Basil of Baker Street
The Nefarious Professor Ratigan himself
The Toy Shop
A Father and Daughter Reunion/A Discovery
Small Experiment and the Waterfront
The Rat Trap
Getting Caught!!!
Five Ways To Die
The Queen is Captured!
The Great Escape
To Buckingham Palace
The Battle of Big Ben
The End
A/N

Unusual Footprints and Meeting Toby

613 12 0
By RemixGal

Back at Baker Street

Both Olivia and Audrey finished telling Basil their story, who's taken the case while enjoying a pipe. "This case is most intriguing with its multiplicity of elements…its many twists and turns" Basil says and then he turns to the girls and asked "Now, you're certain you two have told me everything? The slightest detail may be important" and Audrey nods while Olivia says "It's just as we said. And then my father was gone".

Then Dawson asked "What do you make of it?" and Basil begins to pace as Olivia follows him while he says "Hmm. Ratigan's up to something. A crime of the most sinister nature no doubt. The question is…what would he want with a toy maker?" and he walks somewhere else and while Audrey was thinking as well trying to solve the puzzle pieces together and Olivia had stopped by the window, Fidget pops down from above as lightning strikes and Olivia saw him and screamed "Aaaaaaah!" and this caused both Basil and Audrey to whip around and saw Fidget as he fell down.

"Quickly, Audrey, Dawson! We've not a moment to lose!" Basil exclaimed as he opened the door and runs out. "I'm coming!" Audrey shouted back and quickly bents down to Olivia's level and says "Stay here sweetie" and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before running after Basil and then Dawson called out "Uh, uh I'm right behind you, Basil!" and the three grown ups rushed outside, but Fidget was already gone. Audrey growled in anger at this and said "He got away!" and then Dawson says "No sign of the blackguard anywhere" and while Basil looks around and then looks down as he says "Not quite, Dawson" and kneels down to look at the sidewalk, where Fidget has left behind his muddy footprints as he adds "He left some rather unusual footprints. They obviously belong to the same fiend who abducted the girl's father - Ratigan's peg-legged lackey".

While both Basil and Dawson looked at the muddy footprints Audrey looks around and then noticed something on the ground and walks up to it and realized it was a hat. "Uh…Basil? I think I found something" Audrey said as she looks at it and then shows Basil, he looks up and while smiling widely in delight he grabs the hat and exclaimed "Ah-ha! Excellent work, Miss Willow. Ha, ha, ha!" and then he suddenly hugs her before rushing back into the house.

Audrey blushed a little at the fact that Basil hugged her and shakes her head and quickly heads back to the house, following after Dawson. Standing in the doorway are both Olivia and Mrs. Judson, who is comforting the young girl as she says "Now… there's nothing to be afraid of, my dear" and then an excited Basil rushes by and Mrs. Judson pulls Olivia back, glaring at Basil for his insensitivity and both Dawson and Audrey enters from behind him and Dawson says to Olivia "The scoundrel's quite gone" and Basil takes off his robe as he says "Ha-ha! But not for long, Miss Flamhammer" and this made both Olivia and Audrey said in exasperated, correcting him "Flaversham!".

"Whatever. Now, we simply pursue our peg-legged friend until he leads us to the girl's father" Basil said as he throws off his robe and puts on a brown jacket for his detective work. "Then you'll get my daddy back?" Olivia asked and she rushes over and hugs Basil tightly, making Audrey smiled softly at this.

"Yes!" Basil says and he pushes Olivia down and pulls his legs free from her grasp and adds "And quite soon, if I'm not mistaken" and Audrey walked over to him and says "Thank you so much Mr. Basil, you have no idea how much I appreciate this" and then leaned in and kissed him on the cheek, making Olivia giggled at this. Audrey stepped back as she and Basil were both surprised and flustered after what she did and then Audrey starts to say while clearing her throat "Um, sorry if I overstep some boundaries..." and Basil shook his head and replied while stammering "No, no. It's....it's uh...quite alright" as he and Audrey both continued staring at each other for a few moments. Finally, Basil regained his composer and says "Now, um, hurry along, Dawson. We must be off to…Toby's" as he retrieves an Inverness cape from a suit of armor and puts it on. "Toby's?" Dawson asked in confusion and Basil says "Oh, you must meet him. He's just the chap for this" as he puts on a deerstalker cap.

"You-you want me to come?" Dawson asked sounding surprised. "Ha! I should think a stouthearted army mouse like you would leap at the chance for adventure" Basil laughed and then exhales on his magnifying glass, wipes it on his coat and Dawson chuckled and says "Well, heh, heh. I am rather curious" and then Olivia exclaimed "Wait for us! We're coming too!" as she rushes to join them while grabbed her hat and knocking over Basil's violin in the process. Audrey saw this and quickly dives down and catches the violin in time, making her sigh in relief. "What? Certainly not! This is no business for children or a young lady and thank you Miss Willow" as Audrey got up and sets the violin back on the chair. "Are we going to take a cab?" Olivia asked as she looks between the three of us and then she starts grabbing several crumpets into her pocket while holding Audrey's coat.

Basil sighs and puts his hand on his forehead and says "Oh…my dear, I don’t think you understand" as he looked slightly annoyed and then takes Olivia's hand making her face him while adding "It will be quite dangerous" and starts sitting on his chair where his violin is and Audrey tried to warn him "Uh, Basil watch-!".

But it was too late as he sat down on the violin, making Audrey winced at this as she finished "-out". He grunts and pulls up the ruined instrument out as he starts to say bitterly "Why you… Look at... my…" and then takes a deep breath trying to control his rage, growling and says "Young lady, you are most definitely not accompanying us. And that... is... final!" and Audrey looks at him with a frown, then crosses her arms and says sternly "No, this is Olivia's father we are talking about. We need to be there for him. If you are worried her, I'll be there to watch her. So yes... We are coming along too, whether you like it or not!" and Basil looked slightly taken aback by this but he was about to say something until Audrey glared at him, making Basil closed his mouth and looks at her for a moment before sighing in defeat.

"Fine, whatever"

And this made Audrey slightly smiled.

A Few Moments Later

Upstairs in the flat of the famous Sherlock Holmes, Basil opens a small wall design as it revealed to be his secret passage and peeks outside and then Olivia opens it further while she and Audrey looked out as well, Basil looks at Olivia and says "Not a word out of you. Is that clear?" and this made both Olivia and Audrey shushed him as two shadows approaches of both Sherlock Holmes and Watson. Basil quickly moves the doorway, leaving a small crack open. "I observe that there's a good deal of German music on the program. It is introspective and I want to introspect" Holmes said and Watson replied "But Holmes, that music is so frightfully dull" and then Holmes says "Come along" and with that the two men leave, leaving Basil, Olivia, Audrey and Dawson free to come out into the open. Audrey was in awe by Sherlock Holmes place and then she pulls her bag and pulls out her camera.

She started taking pictures of the place while Basil begins to call out to his friend as he says "Toby? Toby?" and then Olivia tugs on Audrey's coat and this made her bend down to Olivia's level as she asked while whispering "Who is Toby?" and Audrey says "I don't know. Let me ask Dawson" and then she walked up to Dawson and asked "Doctor, do you know who Toby is?" and Dawson tried to answer by saying "Well my dear, Toby is… well, he's uh, uh…" but couldn't figure out what to say as both Olivia and Audrey waited for an answer as Dawson turns to Basil, just as clueless as they are and asked "I say Basil, who is this Toby chap?" and just before Basil could answer, thundering footsteps approach. Towering over them is an adorable basset hound puppy, who is obviously very happy to see Basil.

"Ahh! Here he is now!" and then Basil pushes Dawson forward as Toby leans down, formally introducing the mouse and dog as he says "Dawson…Toby" and Dawson nervously tips his hat and pats Toby's nose as he says "Charmed, I'm sure" but Toby doesn't seem too thrilled with the introduction and growls at Dawson, Basil moves forward and pushes Toby back as he said "Now Toby! Toby, stop that! Toby, cease! Desist! Ha!" and Dawson is trembling behind the leg of a chair and then Toby starts sniffing around the room while Basil says "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Frightfully sorry, old man. Toby has the most splendid sense of smell of any hound I've trained. But he can be deucedly frisky" and Basil chuckles as Toby stops at a footrest, where we can see both Olivia and Audrey's feet from behind the fringe. Olivia then cautiously pushes it aside and smiles at Toby, who seems to like her just fine while Audrey watches. "Hello, Toby!" Olivia said as she pats his nose and Toby sniffs her again, making her giggle and says "Silly doggy! Would you like a crumpet?".

Toby nods happily as Olivia reaches into her coat pocket, holds the crumpet for him and he licks it off her hand and then Olivia turns around and says "Come out Auntie Audrey, he's friendly" and then Audrey comes out as Toby looks at with curiosity. Audrey smiles at him and says "Why hello there, Toby" and then Toby starts sniffing Audrey, making her laugh while Olivia giggles.

Basil is ready to leave and reaches into his pocket as he starts to say "Here now, Toby? Toby! To the matter at hand. I want you to-" and turns around to see Toby isn’t listening to him as the dog is on his back enjoying a belly rub from Olivia while Audrey watches as she giggled at this and for some reason Basil felt his heart flutter by Audrey's laugh. 'S-She looks beautiful when she laughs' Basil thought to himself but then quickly snapped out of it and whistles, making Toby rolls his head back to see Basil clearing his throat and tapping his foot. Olivia slides off Toby and into Audrey's arms and Toby rolls back to his feet, facing Basil. "Good, now Toby! Toby…I want you to find…this fiend!" Basil says as he whips out Fidget's hat and Toby starts to growl.

Basil barks and growls along with Toby to drill the dog into searching for the bad guy as he says "Yes, you know his type. A villain. A scoundrel! Low brow. Close set eyes. Broken wing" and this made Toby pause and looks at Basil confused at this last piece of the description. "Oh, he's a peg-legged bat with a broken wing" Basil explained and Toby starts to growl again along with Basil as he said "Yes! Yes! That’s the spirit! Got his scent?" and Toby nods happily and Basil retrieves his leash as he says "Good boy, good boy!".

Audrey was trying her hardest not to laugh and when Basil turns to face Toby again, but he has turned around and is smiling at Olivia, Dawson and Audrey. Basil moves in front of Toby and says "Miss Flamchester!".

"Flaversham!" Olivia, Dawson and Audrey all said in unison and Basil rolled his eyes and says "Whatever. Your father is as good as found" as he hooks on Toby's leash. "Toby…" Basil said and Toby strikes a 'pointer' pose, ready to bolt after Fidget's trail and Basil says "Sic 'em!".

Toby rushes out but he accidentally stomps on Basil and the dazed detective manages to hold on to the leash and quickly regains his wind as he says "Ah-ha! Yoicks! Tally ho! Ha-ha! Ha-ha!" and both Olivia and Dawson rush after the pair, trying to catch up with a laughing Audrey right behind them.

Soon in the Street Outside

Toby is sniffing at the ground, he gives a sudden howl and breaks into a run with Audrey holding on to Basil's waist who's holding Toby's collar and while Olivia holds onto Audrey's waist as Basil says "The thrill of the hunt, eh, Dawson?" and while Dawson is desperately clinging to Toby's tail and gives a nervous chuckle at the irony of this statement as he said "Q-Q-Quite!".

"Oh-hoo-hoo. Our peg-legged quarry can't be far now" Basil says and then he looks back at Audrey, who's having fun and cheering on the ride along with Olivia and he couldn't help but feel an attraction to her, especially after seeing her beautiful hazel eyes and was wondering what this feeling was he was having and decided to find out later after the case.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

851 0 30
After witnessing their father getting kidnapped, an 18 year old girl named Clover, her 13 year old brother, Andrew, and 8 year old sister, Olivia Fla...
420 93 28
After losing her mum in a accident, Stella Brooks got plotted against by her stepsisters and her childhood friend. After been drugged in a club by he...
167K 3K 11
London, 1897: my name is (y/n) Flaversham and I was just visiting my father and my little sister, Olivia, for her 5th birthday. But that night goes h...
31.6K 394 18
Jennifer Elizabeth Tyler the princess of mouse land, has gone"missing" from the Royal palace. Under the princess middle name she join in one of Basil...