Oshi no ko: Akari Hayaki

By AbeAbeWrites

I was called a genius Idol in my past life, named Ai Hoshino. I had twins which I kept them a secret to the p... More

Chapter 1: Reborn as the daughter of a future Idol
Chapter 2: Ai had twins...?
Chapter 3: It's Alright
Chapter 4: A Hidden Genius
Chapter 5: The Movie
Chapter 7: Reunion
Chapter 8: A New Team
Chapter 9: The New Center Of B-Komachi!
Chapter 10: The New Member of B-Komachi!
Chapter 11: The Past As Lila

Chapter 6: I Found You

365 17 32
By AbeAbeWrites

/Aqua Pov/

Date: March 4

Location: Ai's old apartment

The person who organized Ai's death 13 years ago is here. Hikaru Kamiki is a serial killer who murdered numerous celebrities and idols. He won't be arrested even if I did give his name away in the film because he was still a minor at the time he killed Ai. Before the director, Taishi Gotanda, and I began filming, we searched the country for talented actors to play the parts that would be most suited for them.

Yura Katayose was one of the actresses we noticed with strong acting abilities. She was the top actress in Japan, and my strategy of getting more people to see the movie will undoubtedly benefit from her popularity. But after speaking with her manager, we learned that she actually vanished and hasn't been seen since. When I asked about who she was hanging out with, her manager responded that she occasionally sneaks out with her drinking companion, however he is unaware of his appearance.

I became suspicious about this, but had a hunch Hikaru was responsible. Since he always targets well-known idols and celebrities. I was able to obtain authorization to review the security cameras in the neighborhood, one day while I was in the location of Yura's last known whereabouts. I was able to identify a man with ponytailed hair and a hat. But as soon as I saw his eyes, I recognized him. But I couldn't verify it till the following day because my time was up. Therefore, when I returned to examine the security cameras, all of the recordings that featured him were completely gone; it appeared as though he had simply vanished.

I never revealed to the police who I was looking for because this was top-secret. I was unable to inquire as to whether the recordings had been hacked. This only made it more difficult for me, but only because I wanted to kill him. I made the decision to look for the proof later, before he realized I was on him. Though the director and I had intended to use this film to get the police to look into Hikaru, I actually had another plan in mind.

I wanted to kill him myself!

I want to kill him.

I want to kill him.

I want to kill him.

I want to kill him!

With a sinister delight, I released an evil laugh that reverberated through the air. However, my moment of twisted amusement was abruptly interrupted by a sudden recollection of my mother's words.

{You two might become idols when you grow up. In any case, please grow up healthy. As your mother. That's all I want.}

Hayst, why did that memory have to come up? I'm sorry Ai, but I had no option but to kill him when that mystery girl told me you wouldn't be reincarnating like me [Note: The mysterious girl is sort of the goddess of that planet(Crow Girl), who knows who gets reincarnated or not. She is also known to be omniscient of the world]. I couldn't help but feel resentment when you had to die that way. The world treats you far too unfairly; only he deserves to die, not you.

*Creek*

The door opened up from behind me.

He's here!

"Well, well, well, isn't this my precious son Aqua."

Locking eyes with him, my gaze bore into his soul, brimming with anger. My voice dripped with fury as I pronounced his name with contempt, "Hikaru Kamiki!"

Hikaru's laughter erupted, a chilling and maniacal sound that filled the air, "Oh, this isn't how a father and son should meet, is it?" he jeered, his smile contorted into a sinister grin.

My laughter echoed, a blend of amusement and malice, ringing through the air. "Hahahaha! HAHAHAHA! Just you wait, Hikaru! This is going to be fun!" I declared, a wicked grin spreading across my face.

"My, my, your blood truly courses through your veins. You bear a striking resemblance to my younger self," Hikaru proclaimed, his voice filled with pride. "Tell me, would you care to partake in my delightful little hunt?"

My eye twitched as I loathed hearing such words.

"I am nothing like you!" I shouted vehemently, my voice echoing with defiance.

"Nothing like me, you say? Ha! Hahahaha! Tell me, did you plan all of this?"

I stayed silent, refusing to engage.

"Did you exploit people to reach this point?" Hikaru questioned, his steps drawing him closer to me.

My eyes twitched with anger upon hearing that.

"Did you sell out secrets and lies?", He asked, standing directly in front of me.

My heart raced.

He leaned closer, his head inching towards my ear, and whispered, "Oh, but before we continue, do you feel the thirst for blood? Right."

*Thump*

"In."

*Thump*

"Your"

*Thump*

"Heart," he said with an evil grin, relishing the sinister implications of his words.

I felt it, the rush of bloodlust flowing from my heart to every inch of my body. The person I desired to eliminate stood right in front of me, yet my heart began to ache inexplicably.

Crow Girl, "{She is dead. She will no longer reincarnate like you!}"

"AAAAGGHHHHH!!!!"

I pushed Hikaru and pulled out the hidden knife from behind my shirt. I tried to stab him in the stomach, but he dodged quickly and stepped back.

"There it is!" Hikaru grinned, his expression filled with anticipation.

I shouted angrily at him, "I will... I WILL KILL YOU!"

I sprinted towards him, swinging my knife at his head, but he evaded it with remarkable agility. In response, he launched a counter kick aimed at my stomach, propelling me forcefully into the door, causing it to shatter upon impact. Undeterred, he charged towards me, attempting a punch, but I managed to evade it and quickly retreated to a safe distance.

His hand swelled from the impact of hitting the ground with excessive force as I evaded his punch. Seizing the opportunity, he shattered a nearby glass vase, seizing a broken shard with malicious intent, poised to wield it as a weapon against me.

His eyes darkened, turning pitch black as he spoke, "I was somewhat disheartened that I couldn't personally end Ai's life. I wonder, if I were to kill a girl who bears an uncanny resemblance to you, would it fill the void in my heart? But considering you are her kidas well, perhaps I can simply dispose of you instead."

"Liar," I retorted, fixing him with a piercing, angry glare. "You wouldn't dare kill me, would you?"

Upon hearing my words, a peculiar expression crossed Hikaru's face, betraying a mix of emotions. "Why do you assume I wouldn't?" he questioned, his voice laden with intrigue.

"Because you will lose the image that is protecting you from being arrested right?"

I noticed a slight twitch in Hikaru's eyes, a subtle sign of agitation or unease.

"Years ago, you possessed remarkable acting talent in the Lalalie theatre, which allowed you to infiltrate the inner circles of famous celebrities and execute them at your will. However, at the age of 16, you abruptly vanished from the theatre and completed your education. Then, at the age of 25, you reappeared in the entertainment industry, establishing your own talent agency. Your killings were meticulously executed, leaving no trace behind. It became the very essence of your existence. But if I were to expose your secrets, you would have no other choice but to end your own life, wouldn't you?"

Hikaru remained silent, his expression betraying a mix of contemplation and uncertainty.

I smiled a delighted yet evil smile at him and said, "Unfortunately, my goal isn't to stop you from killing more people, but it's to kill you. If you kill me right now, right here in this obvious area full of security cameras, you will be caught and you will no longer be free to kill people as you please."

Hikaru's grin widened into a wicked smile, and without warning, he burst into laughter. The sudden outburst caught me off guard, leaving me shocked and startled by the unsettling display before me.

"Oh, my dear son, you've certainly done your homework," Hikaru replied, his voice tinged with a mix of amusement and malice. "But you're mistaken if you think I would choose to end my life simply because you impede my freedom to kill." His grin grew wider, exuding a disturbing delight as he locked eyes with me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

He chuckled maniacally, the sound echoing through the room. "I hate to break it to you, but whether I kill you right now or if my true nature is exposed to the world, it doesn't matter to me. Do you want to know why?"

I stood there, my curiosity piqued, eagerly awaiting his explanation.

"Because all the people I've killed so far won't satisfy me until I kill that person!" he sneered, a sinister grin spreading across his face. I could feel an overwhelming surge of murderous intent emanating from him, sending a chill down my spine.

To him, we are all worthless? He treated my mother's death as nothing? I thought he was given life by the victims he slaughtered! But no, it was only done out of boredom. How dare he! I'll kill you!

I rushed towards him, determined to strike back, but he swiftly countered with a punch aimed at me. With quick reflexes, I managed to evade his attack by ducking down and attempted to deliver a kick to his waist. However, he expertly dodged my kick and seized hold of my leg, effortlessly hurling me towards the edge of the sofa. The impact was brutal, my head and back colliding with the sofa, leaving me momentarily stunned and struggling to regain my footing.

As he advanced towards me with menacing intent, a sudden notification sound echoed in the room, catching his attention. He halted in his tracks and reached for his phone, curious to see the message he had received. I watched his expression closely, and from the intensity in his eyes as he read the message, it was clear that it held great significance to him.

He let out an exasperated sigh, clearly annoyed by the interruption. "It appears I have a far more pressing matter to deal with," he stated. "If you truly desire to end my life, then take it upon yourself to erase the evidence captured by those cameras and come find me. I eagerly await your message." With those words, he turned and swiftly exited the room, leaving me alone with a burning determination to carry out my mission.

With each step he took, he distanced himself further from the intense confrontation that had just unfolded. I stood there, the weight of the situation sinking in, as the sound of his fading footsteps echoed in the empty apartment. Alone in the aftermath, I contemplated my next move, fueled by a mixture of determination, anger, and a growing thirst for revenge.

No. No! I won't let you get away!

I wanted to kill him so badly that I quickly stood up and put the knife back where I hid it. I ran after him as fast as I could, using the elevator to get to the first floor. When the doors opened, I saw him and chased him relentlessly. He noticed me running after him and started running as fast as he could to escape from me.

Agh! It hurts.

Despite the pain in my back and head, I pushed myself to keep running after him. He darted through a crowded street, making it difficult to keep track of him. I followed him into an alley where a tall iron fence blocked his way. He attempted to climb some nearby boxes to jump over, but I managed to reach him in time. I grabbed his shirt and forcefully pulled him down to the ground.

We both stood up, and I charged at him, delivering a powerful punch to his face. The impact sent him crashing into the wall, his head colliding with it forcefully. He managed to stay on his feet, but he appeared dazed from the concussion. Blood began to trickle down from his head, staining his face.

As we faced each other, raindrops began to pelt down on my face. Within moments, the rain intensified, transforming into a heavy downpour. The sound of rain echoed in the air, creating an intense atmosphere around us.

"I guess this means one of us will die today, Aqua."

"You will be the one dying today Hiraku!" I yelled while gritting my teeth.

I stood tall, clutching the knife tightly as I approached him. But suddenly, he caught me off guard with a swift leg sweep, causing me to tumble to the ground. As I fell, he seized the opportunity, snatching the dropped knife and pinning me down. With the blade dangerously close to my neck, he held all the power.

"Haha... HAHAHA! You got me there, how does it feel to have a knife close to your throat?"

Desperate to free myself, I clutched his hand tightly, exerting all my strength to push the knife away. His eyes bore into me with a malicious intensity, treating me as nothing more than a insignificant insect. But amidst the struggle, my gaze caught sight of a peculiar mark on his wrist, intriguing and unfamiliar.

A searing pain shot through my body as the blade sliced into my shoulder, blood staining the ground beneath me. Despite the agony, I refused to surrender, mustering every ounce of determination to fight back against this ruthless assailant.

As his face drew closer to mine, a twisted grin contorted his features, relishing in the sight of my struggle. Mocking my desperate fight for survival, he taunted, "Are your precious memories flashing before your eyes? How futile it all seems now."

Am I going to die?

Ai, Ruby, Miyako, I'm sorry...

Ai's words suddenly appeared in my mind, "{I want to be there to see it as the two of you grow up.}"

No! I can't die right now! If I'm going to die, I might as well go down with him!

With a sudden burst of strength, I let out a powerful scream, propelling my right leg beneath his stomach and forcefully kicking him away from me.

As I released my grip on his collar, I unleashed a relentless barrage of punches to his face, fueled by my anger and determination. Blow after blow rained down upon him until he could no longer offer any resistance. Exhausted and defeated, Hikaru crumpled to the ground, his strength drained from his battered body. Seizing the opportunity, I snatched the knife from his hand and rose to my feet. With a fierce expression, I planted my right foot firmly on his chest, overpowering his feeble attempt to push me away.

I raised the knife high above my head, looking down at him with determination. With a fierce scream, I declared, "Even if it means my own damnation, I will make sure you pay! AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Just as I was about to deliver the final blow with the knife, a piercing cry echoed through the surroundings-

"Stop! Aqua!"

After a brief moment of hesitation, the person abruptly grabbed hold of my waist and began pulling me away from Hikaru as I was about to stab him.

"Release me!" I cried out, my previous injuries weakening my struggle to break free from the person's grip.

The person forcefully dragged me away from Hikaru, causing both of us to tumble to the ground. Desperate to free myself, I fought against their hold, but my weakened state made it difficult. Seizing the opportunity, they disarmed me, snatching the knife from my hand and hurling it out of reach.

I screamed in agony, "Please let me go!" Struggling with all my might, I attempted to break free from their grasp, but their hands enclosed tightly around my body, immobilizing my arms and preventing any chance of escape.

"Stop trying to run! It's okay, I won't hurt you, my name is Akari, and I'm not your enemy."

Despite my waning strength, I persisted in my desperate attempts to break free. However, with each passing moment, my energy dwindled further, and the excruciating pain in my right shoulder intensified. My gaze fixed on Hikaru, who gradually rose from the ground, a sinister glimmer in his eyes.

I cried out, my voice filled with urgency, "Let me go! I must kill him before he escapes!"

When she heard this, Akari replied, "I won't let you! If you go and kill him, you will be punished and go to jail!"

"I don't care!" I cried out, my voice a mix of anguish and desperation. "He took Ai from me! I can't just let him go!"

She fell silent, the weight of my words sinking in. I continued to struggle, my eyes fixed on Hikaru as he swiftly climbed the boxes, leapt over the fence, and vanished from sight.

Desperation filled my voice as I pleaded, "Please, just let me go! He's getting away! I need to have my revenge!"

"Killing isn't the solution to everything Aqua!"

When I heard that, I flinched.

"I really do want him to get what he deserves, but not by-"

Angry, I cut her off and yelled, "IF YOU WANT HIM TO GET WHAT HE DESERVE, THEN LET ME GO AND KILL HIM!"

She angrily responded, "BY SACRIFICING YOU LIFE FOR REVENGE?! HOW WOULD AI REACT WHEN SHE FINDS OUT THE SON SHE RAISES SACRIFICES HIS LIFE JUST FOR HER?!"

"AI WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY IF HE HAD NEVER KILLED HER! In fact, she would have been even happier if we were never born!"

"DON'T SAY THAT!"

I could hear her sobbing and her voice trembling with emotion.

"Don't... say that. Please!" she pleaded through tears, her voice filled with anguish. "I saw the movie. Did you know how happy she was when she had you two? You two gave her the one thing she never truly got, and that was love."

Pain and sadness overwhelmed my heart as a vivid memory from my past life as a doctor resurfaced. I vividly recalled being the attending physician during Ai's pregnancy, and her words echoed in my mind, "{I never received love from my family before, so I'm really happy that I finally have a family of my own.}"

Tears streamed down my face as the weight of grief and loss pressed upon me. In the midst of my pain, I whispered, "How can I ever find peace when the one person who brought me true happiness is no longer here...?"

"Even after she's gone, there's still a reason for you to be happy, Aqua. Knowing she is up there watching over you is just enough reason for you to be happy. I'm sure all she wants is for her two kids to grow up and have a good life. Shouldn't you at least do that for her instead of sacrificing your whole life just for revenge?"

"I... I can't," I whispered, my voice trembling with emotion. The weight of grief and anger felt overwhelming, and I struggled to find a way forward.

"Your emotions are clouding your judgment, Aqua. Right now, what you need to do is accept that Ai is gone," she said gently, her voice filled with compassion.

"How can... H-How can I just-"

"Because you won't make any progress if you can't accept the truth! Just acknowledge that she's no longer with us, Aqua! It's not just for her sake, but for your sake and everyone else's! Yes, I understand your desire for revenge, but don't go through it alone! Have you forgotten about the people who have supported you on this journey?"

As she said that, memories of Ruby, Miyako, Kana, Akane, and others who had supported and helped me in the past flooded my mind.

"She loves her children more than anyone else Aqua, you know that."

She released her grip on me as she noticed that I had calmed down.

I let out a heavy sigh, my voice trembling as I asked, "Do you... do you still think I deserve to be called her son?" My teeth clenched and my eyes narrowed, bracing myself for what felt like an inevitable harsh judgment.

"Of course you are!"

I turned my head to face her, and as I did, I was struck by how radiant she looked. It was as if I was standing before the sun itself, her light shining brilliantly.

"You love her so deeply, don't you? That alone makes you worthy of being her son," she said with a warm smile.

As I gazed at her, a sense of warmth washed over me, and her smile seemed to radiate a brilliant light, filling the darkness within me.

She wrapped her arms around me in a comforting embrace, her touch soothing the pain within my heart. With a gentle pat on my head, she whispered reassuringly, "It's alright, Aqua. It's going to be alright."

As tears streamed down my face, I held onto her tightly, seeking solace in her embrace. In that moment, amidst the overwhelming emotions, I realized why I felt such a mix of pain and comfort. It was because she represented not only the loss and grief I felt for Ai, but also the love and support that remained in my life. In her arms, I found a glimmer of hope and a reminder that I was not alone in this journey of healing.

In the midst of my quest for revenge, a part of me had been holding onto the pain and anger, unable to let go. But in that moment of vulnerability and connection with this person, I realized that true peace couldn't be found through vengeance alone. Accepting Ai's death meant accepting the reality and the finality of it, and in doing so, I could begin to heal and find solace. It was a profound realization that revenge wouldn't bring back what I had lost, but embracing the love and support of those around me could offer a path towards healing and finding peace within myself.

Ahh... I understand. I guess I never truly got over her death. I have always been a major fan of Ai. And that university student who murdered Ai after feeling betrayed... We are similar. I felt... Betrayed.

Ahh, that was the word, betrayal.

I felt betrayed because Ai left me.

I felt betrayed since the person who had made me so happy died right in front of me.

I felt betrayed because I...

I betrayed myself first.

I betrayed my past self. He would have saved her if the previous version of me were still alive today, but I didn't...

I couldn't do anything.

So I decided to get back at him by killing him, but... I understood that I had only used that as an excuse for my mistakes. If I murdered him, I reasoned, she might at least be able to live again. I spent the majority of my life trying to believe in that tiny hope I prayed for, whether she returns to life or reincarnates like me. But...

The guilt inside of me, and the darkness of vengeance that had blinded me, were still keeping me in a prison with no door to open, and I was lost-

"It's alright, Aqua! I found you!" Akari's voice rang out with urgency, cutting through the turmoil in my mind. I turned my head to meet her gaze, and in that moment, a surge of relief washed over me.

For the first time since Ai's passing, I suddenly noticed a faint light as I was imprisoned in that pitch-black cage. I believed nobody could find me in this darkness, yet you...

"You're not lost anymore, I found you," she said, embracing me with an overwhelming warmth and tenderness and lastly...

Love.

I saw that light, grabbing my hand and pulling out of my darkness. I was lost, but now...

I was finally found again.

Ah, those were all just excuses I gave myself out of fear and not being able to accept her death. I was in prison, but I'm now free.

So now that I've finally escaped from it and accepted it, I'm grateful to this person.

Ai...

Wait no, it's...

"Mom," I cried out, my voice trembling with both sorrow and relief, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

Akari, overcome with emotion, started crying too upon hearing me. She held me close, offering comfort and understanding in her embrace.

Akari gently encouraged me, her voice filled with empathy. "Let it all out, Aqua. Cry as much as you need to."

"Aghhhh! Mom! Sorry! Sorry!"

As tears streamed down my face, I cried out all my pain, regrets, and guilt. I begged for forgiveness, my voice filled with sorrow and longing. Deep down, I hoped that up above in the night sky, somehow, Ai could hear my plea and find it in her heart to forgive me.

Ai, I-I love you too...

__________

A few moments later, Akari gently guided me towards the wall, allowing me to lean against it for support. Concern filled her eyes as she noticed the deep cut on my shoulder, and she immediately grew worried. Taking out a handkerchief from her bag, she carefully wrapped it around my injured shoulder, applying gentle pressure to stem the bleeding. Her touch was soothing, and I felt a sense of comfort and care in her actions.

"Ugh, c-can you be a bit more gentle?" I asked, wincing in pain. The cut on my shoulder was throbbing, and every touch seemed to intensify the discomfort. I wanted Akari to take extra care and be cautious while wrapping the handkerchief around the wound, hoping to alleviate some of the pain.

"Just hold still," she said, her voice determined. "I need to tighten it a bit more to stop the bleeding." As she proceeded, I braced myself for the increased pressure on my shoulder, knowing that it was necessary to staunch the flow of blood.

Despite the intense pain, I felt relief wash over me as I realized that the bleeding had significantly subsided. The handkerchief tightly wrapped around my shoulder was doing its job in stemming the flow of blood.

"It's a really deep cut, so it's best if we stitch it up."

I hastily interrupted, "Don't call the police or any hospitals! Or else-"

"They will find out you were trying to kill him, right?"

I nodded in agreement, but couldn't help but wonder why she was smiling. What could be the reason behind her seemingly cheerful expression in this dark and troubling situation?

"Don't worry, I won't. Let's take you to my place so I can stitch up your wound," she said with a smile.

"W-Wait, what?!" I exclaimed, taken aback by her suggestion.

"I called a cab, they will be here any second," she reassured me, glancing at my confused expression before letting out a laugh. "Pfft! Where will you go with an injury like that? People will notice you a mile away. I know we just met, but trust me on this."

"I trust you," I replied without any hesitation.

She was taken aback for a moment, but then smiled and said, "Okay! Hehe."

I was surprised at how quickly I had placed my trust in her, but based on her previous actions, I could tell she was someone deserving of my trust.

{You're not lost anymore, I found you}

A small smile graced my face as I recalled those words. It felt as though the veil of darkness that had enveloped me was finally lifted. However, a question lingered in my mind: how did she know I was lost and in need of help? As I gazed up at her, I couldn't help but wonder if she, too, had experienced this kind of pain.

Akari approached me, her voice filled with concern, and asked, "Can you give me your sister's phone number? I need to inform her of my address so that she can come visit you."

"You don't need to call her, I don't want to let he see what kind of mess I'm in."

Akari smiled and said, "Ok then, I'll call the police-"

"Ahh! NO!"

Then I gave Akari my Ruby's phone number, feeling a mixture of relief and apprehension. As she dialed the number and put the phone to her ear, I tried to avert my gaze, feeling a little self-conscious. Akari's voice reached Ruby on the other end of the line, and she spoke those words, "Hi, I'm here with your brother Aqua, right now."

[Really?! I need to talk to him!]

Akari then replied, "Ahh, he is currently severely injured, and I'm planning to bring him to my home to take care of him." Her voice conveyed a sense of concern and reassurance as she spoke to Ruby, assuring her that I would be well taken care of.

[Injured?! What's your address?! I'll be there right away!]

Akari then gave Ruby her address and said, "Don't call the hospital or anyone, okay? I'll make sure to take care of him here. He needs some time to heal and rest." Her tone was firm yet gentle, emphasizing the importance of keeping things discreet and assuring Ruby that I was in good hands.

[I know. He did something bad didn't he?]

Akari let out a sigh and replied, "Yes..."

[Thought so, anyways, I'll be there right away, take care of him for me. Bye!]

Akari ended the call and her face turned somber as she looked at me.

"I'm sure you gave her a message right? About how you won't come back anymore?"

I flinched and looked at her, my voice trembling, "How did you know?"

"It's just a guess, but I could tell from the movie how much you care for your sister, so there's no way you'd simply up and leave without telling her, right?"

"I..." I hesitated, struggling to find the words.

"Don't worry, I understand. Anyway, your sister said she's on her way, so let's patch you up before she arrives, or else she'll worry even more."

I felt a little sad that my sister would witness me in this condition. Akari was messaging someone on her phone while wearing a troubled expression on her face, which caught my attention while I considered how I should confront Ruby. A few minutes later, I noticed that she had sighed in relief but that her expression remained concerned.

I questioned, "Is it important?" wondering as to whether it included someone important to her.

She responded, "Well, it is, but I just got a message that everything is fine, hehe," and I noticed that she had a huge smile on her face.

I muttered, "That person must be really important to you, huh?"

Akari asks, "What did you say?" because she couldn't hear what I had just spoken.

"Sigh. It's nothing."

Akari assisted me in getting in the cab as it arrived, and the driver then took us to her house. As soon as we got there, Akari went outside to obtain an umbrella from her porch and used it on me to shelter me from the rain. I was astonished by how lovely her house was as soon as I arrived.

"Welcome to my humble abode," she says as she welcomes me inside her home.

Since I was dressed like a garbage can and was entering a girl's house, I felt a little strange. I refused to sit on her couch because I was so wet and it was so lovely, but Akari forced me to do so, which made me feel horrible for wetting her couch.

"Wait here, I'll go get you some towels and hot chocolate."

I nodded nervously and took a peek around the room.

"She has really nice furniture; I wonder how much they cost..."

Suddenly, two labrador retrievers charged into the living room where I was sitting. As I was starting to panic, Akari whistled, signaling the two dogs to sit.

"Sorry, they get excited when a stranger enters the house," she apologized before wrapping me in warm towels and offering me hot chocolate to drink.

"It's alright," I responded.

I drank the hot chocolate, which was so warm and sweet that I felt like the rain's chill had already passed.

When she noticed me drinking happily, she smiled and said, "Thank you. Now then..."

I was wondering what she was getting and realized...

"W-Wait, isn't that...!"

"Yep, it's a needle. I need to stitch up the wound for it to heal, but it'll only hurt a teensy bit, hehe," she comforts me.

As the needle approached, I gulped and became anxious.

"Ok hold still..."

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

10 minutes later.

Ughhhh! It's finally done!

Suddenly, Akari teased me, saying, "I'm shocked you didn't cry Aqua."

"I'm not a baby!" I declared.

When Akari began laughing at my expression as I said those words, I couldn't help but smile.

"Wait here, I'll go get changed and get you some clothes."

I nodded and returned to look around, noticing that her stares had these fences on them and that the tables and chairs had corner guards on them.

"Is she really protective of her dogs?" I wondered to myself.

Then Akari comes down the stairs and brings me this teddy bear clothing to wear.

"Sorry, most of my large shirts are in the laundry right now..."

"O-Okay..."

I put on the shirt and couldn't help but feel at comfortable.

"Do you live alone, by any chance?" I ask Akari.

Akari hesitated for a second and answered, "No-ish?"

"Huh?"

I wondered, but then the doorbell rang, and Akari answered it. It was my sister, Ruby, but I was surprised to see Kana and Akane beside her.

The moment Akari opened the door, she said, "Oh, you must be Aqua's sister, welco-"

"Aqua! Where is he?!" Ruby hurriedly asked, worried.

"O-Oh, well he is just right in here-"

Ruby barged in and went seeking for me before Akari could complete her sentence. She couldn't help but scream and go towards me when she spotted me sitting on the couch with bandages on my face and arms.

"Brother, you idiot!" she slaps me, which I deserved after what I had done.

She then cries and strongly hugs me.

"Did you know how worried I was when I read your letter?!"

"I'm sorry..." I said as I gently stroked her back, but then I felt pain, "B-But can you let go of me? M-My shoulder!"

"Oh sorry," she quickly let go.

I smiled as I noticed Akane, my ex-girlfriend, and Kana, my close friend, both with troubled expressions on their faces.

Kana cried fiercely at me, tears streaming down her cheeks, "You idiot!"

"If only I had stopped you sooner, you wouldn't have gotten hurt like this... Did...", Akane's voice began to tremble, "Did you kill him?"

When Ruby and Kana heard that, they instantly looked towards me with worry in their eyes.

But Akari stepped in, "Don't worry, he didn't kill him."

"Phew," Ruby sighs in relief.

Akane then asked, "So where is he now?"

"He... He ran away while I was stopping Aqua from killing him."

Akane, Kana, and Ruby wore expressions of shock as they looked at Akari, clearly confused about her identity.

Kana looked at me and asked, "Are you still going to go and find him?"

I answered, "I will."

Ruby then shouted, "I understand that you want revenge, Aqua, but-"

"I won't do it alone any longer! I still want to kill him, but I realized it wouldn't make Mother proud if I did."

Ruby was taken aback as I uttered the word "Mother" for the first time, her expression filled with surprise and disbelief.

"I've finally accepted it..." I said, a peaceful smile spreading across my face, leaving everyone around me in shock.

Akane's pov, "(He is... He is finally smiling!)" Akane thought, tears streaming down her face as she witnessed Aqua's newfound sense of freedom, no longer consumed by the desire for revenge.

Ruby looked at Akari, gratitude shining in her eyes, and softly said, "Thank you, for taking care of my brother."

Akari smiled and replied, "I just returned the favor, that's all."

Ruby was briefly puzzled by Akari's response but decided to set it aside and focus on being with her brother. She made her way towards Aqua, determined to be there for him.

"We got a lot to talk about brother."

With a smile, I nodded in response to Ruby's words.

Suddenly, Akari received a message and exclaimed, "Oh, I have to go right now! There's extra hot chocolate on the counter for you all to enjoy. Just make sure Aqua doesn't exert himself too much!"

I then quickly interjected, "Wait! But where are you going?"

"I'll be quick! This is something important!"

Akari then exits the house, leaving the four of us behind in a place we do not own.

Ruby remarked, "Well, she sure placed a lot of trust in us right away."

Kana questioned with a mix of curiosity and a hint of jealousy, "We know she helped Aqua, but who exactly is she?"

"I don't know either," I replied. "All I know is that she saved me. If it wasn't for her, I could have ended up covered in blood."

Akane smiles and says, "I'm really thankful for her. But also, she is really beautiful, isn't she?"

This caused a pang of jealousy in Kana's heart for a moment.

Kana anxiously asked Aqua for his opinion, hoping he wouldn't praise Akari's beauty too much.

"Well... She really is pretty..."

Kana's pov, "(Ouch.)"

"I can't help but see a bit of Ai when I see her," Iwondered aloud.

Kana fell silent for a moment upon hearing my words, and couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness.

Ruby noticed the sadness in my expression and swiftly intervened to lighten the mood.

"Alright, let's explore the house!" Ruby suggested, eager to distract us from the somber atmosphere.

Surprised by Ruby's sudden suggestion, Akane, Kana, and I all exclaimed in unison, "What?!"

Akane protested, "We can't do that! This isn't our house!"

Kana joined in, saying, "Yeah, she just saved Aqua, you know?"

"Relax! What we're going to do is just investigate and all. Besides, what if she is actually an evil fan who wants to take advantage of Aqua?"

Kana replies cautiously, "That might be a possibility... But we shouldn't jump to conclusions without any evidence."

"See?! Kana agrees too! So let's go!" exclaimed Ruby, ignoring Kana's warning not to jump to conclusions.

Despite my efforts to intervene, Akane firmly prevented me from leaving the couch due to my injury.

She sat down beside me as the two girls starts to look around.

Akane then remarked, "You've changed, haven't you?"

"I did?", I asked.

"Yes, because every time I encountered you, I could sense your burning desire for revenge. But now... It feels like standing in the mountains, embracing the cool breeze that brings a sense of tranquility."

I smiled and said, "I see... I apologize for seeing you only as a means to an end, disregarding your feelings. I truly regret hurting you, and I..."

"It's alright, I understand."

She smiled at me, and in that moment, I realized that she was someone I could truly trust and rely on. I felt a pang of guilt for using her in my quest for revenge, and I made a silent vow to myself that someday, I would find a way to make it up to her and repay her kindness.

"Thank you Akane. I wouldn't have found my father if it wasn't for you."

"Thank you too, Aqua, for the memories we've shared. We had quite a good run, didn't we?"

"Even though we had some rough times, I'm grateful to have had a girlfriend who supported me through it all, even when I intentionally hurt her."

Akane chuckled and said, "It's a shame we can't be together anymore." She then glanced at Kana, who was engrossed in looking at the painting. "You have feelings for her, don't you?"

I remained silent, unsure of how to respond.

"It's okay. I knew from the start, and I chose to cherish the time we had left. Now that you've found freedom, I hope you can find happiness with the one you truly love."

Grateful for Akane's support, I smiled and expressed my gratitude, "Thank you again, Akane."

"No problem," Akane smiled back, her heart tinged with a touch of sadness but also overwhelmed with joy for my newfound freedom.

As Kana approached the slightly open door, her curiosity piqued by the vibrant colors emanating from within. Just as she was about to open it, Ruby's voice cut through the air, filled with concern and urgency-

"Ahh!", Ruby shouted.

Everyone rushed over to Ruby, their faces filled with worry. Aqua's voice trembled with concern as he asked, "What's wrong? What happened?"

Ruby gasped for breath, her voice filled with excitement and disbelief. "She... She has a music room!" she exclaimed, her words barely containing her astonishment.

Ruby pushed the door wide open, revealing a room filled with musical instruments, sheet music, and a cozy setup. The sight left everyone in awe as they stepped inside, their eyes taking in the beauty and serenity of the music room.

"Look! A recording studio and a dance studio!" Ruby exclaimed, her voice brimming with excitement.

"Whoa! Look at all these instruments!" Kana exclaimed in astonishment.

Akane then asked, "Why does she have a recording studio though?"

As I surveyed the expansive room, my eyes landed on a peculiar sight—a play button hanging on the wall.

"Um, I think she has a good reason for needing a recording studio..."

Kana walked over to me, her curiosity evident in her eyes. She asked, "Why?"

I pointed towards the silver play button on the wall, my voice filled with surprise. "She is the You*uber named 'Light Music'," I revealed.

Ruby shouted in disbelief, her voice filled with astonishment. "No way! Are you kidding me? Light Music? She has over 20 million subscribers!"

Kana's curiosity piqued as she questioned, "Why would she only hang her 100k play button when she has over 20 million subscribers?"

I shrugged and replied, "Maybe she just likes to have her 100k play button on display here. Who knows?"

Then Ruby cut in, "Never mind about that! We are literally standing in the home of the famous song writer! Who literally wrote the 1 billion views songs, 'Yesterday' and 'Back In Time'. Every single piece of her music always goes over 100 million views! She is the first person from Japan to reach that many viewers, she literally holds so many records. She is also the number 1 mystery celebrity in Japan and is always on the top 10 billboards every time she writes a new song.

Akane was taken aback by Ruby's intense fandom. "You're a massive fan, aren't you, Ruby?" she exclaimed, astonished by the depth of Ruby's admiration for Akari.

Ruby replied with enthusiasm, "Absolutely! Her music is so inspiring and it helps me create amazing songs for our club!"

"This is something that would be huge news if her identity were to be revealed. We shouldn't have intruded into her room," Kana said, expressing her concern.

"I'm serious," I emphasized, "We can't tell anyone or let her know we were here, understood?"

Ruby then said, "Say's the person who told mom's secret to the public."

"I'm sorry, ok!"

"I'm back!" Akari exclaims as she walks inside the house.

Akane pov, "(We are-)

Ruby pov, "(Seriously-)"

Kana pov, "(Going to get-)"

In trouble!

As we try to get out of the room as quickly as possible, Akari suddenly appears in front of us, holding a-

"What exactly are you guys doing in this room?" she questions.

As we all look at her arms, we noticed a-

A baby?!

"(Isn't that Aqua and Ruby?!)" Ai cries as she sees at Ruby and Aqua while being held in Akari's arms.

I was stunned and confused.

Why is Akari holding a baby?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 7.2K 82
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
636K 23.2K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
109K 3.9K 37
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...