His Sweet Revenge

By imiswrites

Grayson Wallace is out for revenge. As the son of a well known serial killer, Grayson has a reputation that... More

Playlist.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
*Bonus Chapter* Chapter 50.

Chapter 20.

4.3K 96 42
By imiswrites

It feels like hours have passed since I hung up on Grandpa. Kade is still passed out. And Grayson hasn't stopped staring at a spot on the pavement, only blinking and breathing. The anger has set in his expression, and in my heart, I know he won't let this go.

I sit beside Kade and push his hair away from his forehead. He looks like he's sleeping. It's eerie.

The wind has picked up. I push my hands into the pocket of my hoodie. Grandpa's car finally pulls in. He stops in the middle of the street and rushes out toward us. I get up and wait on the sidewalk.

"Are you okay, Layla?" He asks, worried, as he pulls me into a hug.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Grandpa." I look back at Grayson and Kade; neither has moved an inch. "They, however, are not doing too great. We went inside for like ten minutes to find Kade. The car was like this when we came back out."

Grandpa takes in the damage and clicks his tongue. "It could have been worse. At least they didn't damage the paint or body." Grandpa walks over to the boys. I stay where I am. "Grayson," he starts, a little loud. "Let's get Kade into my car."

Grayson snaps to attention and quickly lifts himself off the ground, helping my Grandpa get Kade up from the grass. I watch them walk Kade over to the car and sit him in the back.

"Hale is going to kill me," Grayson exhales, shutting the car door.

"I've already made a few calls. A friend of mine is going to take care of it, don't worry. I'll talk to your uncle about all of this."

Grayson looks astonished. "Why, David? Why go through all this trouble for someone like me?"

Grandpa sighs. "Someone like you? What does that mean, Grayson? Are you not human? Do you not deserve compassion or love?"

Grayson stays silent. I watch from the sidelines.

"It's not any trouble to me. There are a lot of people in this town who owe me. As I said, don't worry. Let me handle it." Grandpa waves me over. "And let me get you kids home."

I walk over to the car and stand beside Grayson.

"Take care of Kade for me, okay?" He says in a low voice.

"No. Get inside the car, Grayson. If you want to retaliate, fine. But, please, not right now. We've dealt with enough today."

I think back at the last twelve hours and sigh. Grayson stands there with his hands in his pockets as the anger in his expression deepens.

My voice goes soft, and I want to grab his hand, touch his arm, or do something. "You know I'm right."

He crosses his arms, looking down at me, angry. "What exactly are you right about?"

"If you go now, you'll make a rash decision and possibly do something you'll regret. Take some time to think about this."

He scoffs. "Oh, I've thought. I've thought long and hard, Layla."

I shake my head. "Get in the car."

"Listen to her," Grandpa says from the other side of the vehicle. "My granddaughter is smart."

Grayson opens the passenger door. "Your granddaughter is a pain in my ass," he mutters before slipping inside.

I walk to the other side of the car, relieved, and sit beside Kade. His head falls to my shoulder.

"Is Kade going to be okay?" I ask as Grandpa drives off.

Grayson sighs. "He's fine. He just needs to sleep it off."

"He's right," a drunk Kade says on my shoulder. "Sleep is what I need," he slurs.

I sigh in relief, and Grayson also does, looking back at Kade. "You okay, buddy?"

"I'm fine. Layla's like ... really comfortable, you get it."

Grayson silently laughs as he turns back around. I see Grandpa smiling from the rearview mirror.

Kade nuzzles his face into my neck. "And she smells ... like ... excellent. Like vanilla. Mmmm, delicious."

I just chuckle at his drunk rambling. 

"Hey," Grayson warns, looking back at his friend.

Kade moves slightly back but still keeps his head on my shoulder. "Sorry, brother. That's ... my bad."

"How about you just go back to sleep?" Grayson suggests.

Kade exhales. "Good idea."

"He must have been mixing," Grandpa says as Kade falls asleep again.

"Mixing?"

"Drugs and alcohol," Grayson answers, looking back at me.

"Do you know if he takes anything?"

Grayson turns around again to answer my Grandpa. "He used to take Adderall, but I'm pretty sure he stopped."

Grandpa clicks his tongue as we pull into our street. "He might be taking it again. Does he have a reason to be taking it?"

I watch as Grayson shrugs. "I don't really know." He pauses. "He's kind of going through a hard time at home right now."

Grandpa nods understandingly. I look at Kade on my shoulder, peacefully asleep. Sometimes it's always the happiest people going through the most in their private lives.

When we enter the house, Grandma, Mom, and Hale are all waiting, sitting on the stairs with worried expressions.

Kade is slightly better at walking now, but Grandpa and Grayson still have to hold him up and help him.

Mom hugs me while Hale switches places with my Grandpa, helping Grayson take Kade upstairs.

"Are you okay, my love?"

I nod. "I'm fine." I pull my phone out of my pocket to check the time. It's almost two in the morning. "Why is everybody up?"

"Your Grandpa woke me up before he left to get you. I thought telling your mom and Hale would be a good idea."

My mom tucks my hair behind my ear. "Get some sleep, love. We'll talk in the morning."

Everyone heads upstairs, all tired and ready for bed. I wait.

Grayson returns shortly after, his eyes widening when he sees me.

"Everyone asleep?" I ask.

He walks past me down the house, and I follow him. "Knocked out like lights."

"Were you going somewhere?"

Grayson laughs, walking into the kitchen. "Of course not, Layla."

"Mhm," I nod, trying to believe him. "So, what are you doing down here?"

He smirks, leaning against the counter as he crosses his arms. "Trying to stop myself from making a ... what was it you called it? Right, a rash decision."

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "How are you so sure Noah did that to Hale's car? We didn't even see him there. He could still be at James's place, caring for his face."

"Who else would have done something like that? I obviously pissed him off earlier."

I walk over and stand in front of him. "It could have been James. I mean, you smashed his window first. Maybe he's getting back at you for it."

Grayson exhales, uncrossing his arms. "You don't know him like I do. It wasn't James. That night I took something back that belonged to me, and he knows that. He knew it was me, but he didn't do anything. I truly doubt he'd want to retaliate now."

"Fine, so not James. Any more enemies you have in this town?"

"Countless. It could be in the hundreds."

I fake my worry. "How will we ever find out who it was?"

It's silent between us for a little while.

"Can I ask you something, Layla?"

"Uh ... Yeah. Go ahead."

Grayson rests his hands on the counter behind him. "How come you spend your nights alone, holed up in your room? Don't you have any friends?"

I bite my cheek, thrown off by his question. "Well, I had friends. When I got serious with Liam, all his friends became my friends, and all my friends became his friends."

Realization passes over Grayson's face, and I know I don't have to continue, but I do anyway. "When we broke up, they had to choose a side, and they all chose him."

"Wow. High school is a nightmare. I don't miss it at all."

I nod in agreement. I can't imagine what it must have been like for him. "Did people know who you were?"

Grayson makes a weird face at that question. "Of course. Everyone somehow knows who I am. I can never escape it. All I can do is accept it. It doesn't help that I look exactly like him."

"Your father?"

Grayson nods.

"Do you ever miss him?" I ask, rubbing the back of my neck.

"I miss what my life could have been like if he never went off the rails. I miss baseball games and watching sports late into the night. I miss hugging him or hearing him tell me how proud he is of me. All I miss is shit I never had."

I swallow the lump in my throat, fighting the tears back.

"What about you?" He asks. "Do you miss him?"

Shit. This is a sensitive topic for me. A tear slides down my cheek, and I wipe it away. "He wasn't always a bad guy. He used to tell me he loved me. He used to hug, kiss, and put me on his shoulders. When he fell out of love with my mom, it felt like he fell out of love with me too. So, yeah, I miss him. I probably will forever."

"I'm sorry," Grayson says softly, stepping toward me. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

I smile, wiping my eyes, but my heart aches. "It's okay. But, hey, we should probably sleep. It's getting late, and I'm sure we're both in for an earful in the morning."

"You're right," Grayson laughs slightly.

As we reach the landing upstairs, I'm about to part from Grayson, but he grabs my arm. His thumb caresses the skin there, and I look at him.

"Are you going to be okay? Today was ... a lot."

I clear my throat. "Yeah. I'll be fine."

"You sure?" He presses.

I nod, but he doesn't let go. He steps closer. "I'd choose you."

"What?" I ask in a whisper, my heart racing because of how close he keeps approaching.

"If I was your dad, or Liam, or your friend, or fuck, anyone, Layla. I'd choose you over anything else."

I swallow. "You can't say things like that, Grayson."

"Why not?" He whispers, his face mere inches away from mine, his warm hands on my hips.

"Because I'm not certain that you mean it."

His nose brushes mine, and my eyes fall shut. "Of course I mean it."

What would happen if we kissed? I keep thinking about it over and over again as my lips part.

I place a hand on his chest, trying to push him away, even though all I want is to do the exact opposite of that. "We shouldn't, Grayson."

"No. We shouldn't," he agrees, pulling away from me. Is this torture? It sure as hell feels like it. "Goodnight." Then he walks off to the opposite end of the house, and I'm cold now without him near.

I put my hand on my own chest, feeling my heart racing while regret consumes me, and I realize that no one has ever made me feel like this. I should have let him kiss me.

That thought terrifies me as I walk back to my room. I think I've started to lose my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 143 33
WARNING: R-RATED MATURE CONTENT Gabe stalks towards me, and I back away until my back hits his door. He puts both his hands up against the door trapp...
3.2M 79.5K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
263K 8.3K 42
Willow Cole moves back to sunny California in order to try another career path. Ballet. She always had a passion for it and got lost in the music a...
82.3K 1.1K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...