Monster High: A New Start (Ma...

By Morning_Blankets

Y/N Van Helsing is the adopted nephew to the world famous monster hunter Vincent Van Helsing. However, neithe... More

A Spooky Start
First Day Freights
Here Comes Cupid
Necromalcy
New Ghoul
Disassembly
Strange Situations
M.A.L.L.
Dastardly Discoveries
Bad Gets Worse
Creepy Crybrary
Homecoffin
Freightful Friends
Dreadful Director
Insidious Interviews
Spine-Chilling Sabotage
Silver Scream
Freight or Fight
Hunting Humans
Hiding in Horror
Phantom Phone Syndrome
Soulful Search
Moody Mooncycle
Monster Mash
Ragged Regrets
(After)Life
Boo-tiful Music
Sinema
Terror On The Tracks
Abominable Adventure
New Goreleans
Soul-Searching Steamboat
Melodramatic Memories
Castlevania
Helsing
Vampire's Heart
Boo Bros
Possible Ghoulfriend
Sweet Screams
Boogie Nights
Bloody Revelations
Wicked Winter Break Begins
The Grimm Baking Show
The Unlives of Helsing
Chilling Christmas
Nefarious New Year
Immoral Integrity
Enduring Evil
The End or A Start?

Familiar Families

729 31 4
By Morning_Blankets

Y/N: So which one do you want to watch first? How the Grinch Stole Christmas- the 1966 animated version or the live action, we are watching both- Elf, A Christmas Story, Santa Claus 1, 2, and 3, we have to watch them in order, or a claymation movie?

Frankie looked up at you absolutely dumbfounded.

Frankie: That’s a lot to choose from.. are you sure we have time for all of them?

After the "snowed in" incident, at least that’s what Viktor was calling it, Frankie was required to spend most of the day with her parents, both of them pretending to care about Christmas or the Christmas spirit so it was pretty late by the time Frankie got to leave. Viveka eventually helped Frankie leave so she could go spend time with her friend, but it was not easy. Frankie had to sit through the whole ‘Frankie is growing up, this is what you get for giving her sixteen years of knowledge in just sixteen days’ she’d heard it before, nothing was new anymore, ‘and growing up means that Frankie is going to want to spend time away from us and with her friends.’

Frankie had to beg her mom to let them actually go to Jackson’s house. Viktor had mentioned that it would be nice if you just came to the Stein’s house instead, but after Frankie brought up the point of ‘we don’t have a proper DVD player’, the subject was dropped and Viktor let her go so he could work on their existing DVD player. Maybe he could get it to actually show color.

So here Frankie was, finally at her friends’ house. Peace at last.

Y/N: Of course we’ll have time for all of them.

You beamed.

Y/N: At least we better. My uncle will lose his mind if he finds out we didn’t watch them all.

There was another reason Frankie needed to go to your house instead of you coming to hers: no parents. Your uncle was still out on his hunt. And no parents at your friends’ house equals a good date night at home. Even if you weren't dating.

Frankie: What if there just genuinely isn’t time for them all?

Frankie broke a piece off of your gingerbread house, eating that piece slowly.

Y/N: He might be ok with that. After checking our necks for hickeys. I swear, he doesn’t even have faith in his own nephew. Or, maybe he does?

Frankie found herself wondering about that.

Frankie: Hey, Helsing pretty much raised you, right? Why does he call you his nephew?

You shrugged as you shuffled through the movies.

Y/N: He said it would've been weird if he found a kid in a forest and adopted him.

Frankie: But that's what he did.

You stopped shuffling and slowly lifted your head. You looked back to her and thought for a moment. He did, didn't he? Then why were you his nephew? Were you actually adopted by him? Were you just a kid?

Frankie noticed the growing confusion and worry on your face. Had you really not questioned it before? Oh no. Did she break you?

You ended up popping open a DVD case.

Y/N: I don’t blame him. It’s a smart move I guess…..

You turned to her and smiled.

Y/N: But nothing is stopping us from having fun watching a movie.

Frankie secretly liked where this was headed, taking a seat on the couch before curling up in a blanket. You were soon next to her, your cozy pjs soon colliding as Frankie quickly cuddled up by your side. You wrapped your arm around her. You may not be dating, but there was no harm in being comfortable with each other.

Even Cerberus hopped onto the couch and laid on Frankie's lap. She began to pet the adorable pup.

Frankie: Which one are we starting with?

Y/N: I figured we should start with a claymation..give you some sort of idea who Santa is before we watch Elf.

Frankie: Sounds perfect…

Before long, Frankie had another piece of your gingerbread house’s roof in her hand as you watched the tv carefully. It played The Year Without a Santa Clause which Frankie found quite amusing.

By the time you got to watching Elf, Frankie was sort of sleepy. It certainly didn’t help that you had made hot chocolate. She rested her head on your shoulder, nuzzling into your neck as she pulled her legs into your lap.

Y/N: You can’t fall asleep on me during Elf! This is the greatest Christmas movie ever!

You began poking Frankie in the arm a few times.

Frankie: I liked How the Grinch Stole Christmas better.

Y/N: Yeah…my uncle would agree with you.

You frowned.

Y/N: He always enjoyed Boris Karloff’s performances.

Frankie yawned.

Y/N: Come onnn~What do I have to do to get you to stay awake?

He leaned down, pressing on her cheek. She just groaned.

Frankie: You could plug me into your wall. I charge via lightning cable.

Y/N: What happened to your portable charging purse?

Frankie sighed.

Frankie: Left it at home. It...needed to charge.

You couldn't help but laugh a bit. The irony. Frankie reached up and began to pull on your cheek for laughing at her. However, you both looked up when you heard a car pull up to the house. Cerberus' head popped up and he looked at the door. His tail began to wag.

The door opened and your uncle walked in. He set several bags on the dining table before making his way into the living room to find you both sitting there.

Helsing: Elf? I prefer How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

Y/N: Hey, what are you doing back? Is the hunt over?

Helsing sighed as he pulled his hat off.

Helsing: They weren't even a threat. The townsfolk had ruined the land and it angered the clan there. It was a situation of conflict.

Right, Monster Hunters couldn't get involved in conflicts like that. But, now that he was here, he was able to offer some more winter cheer.

Helsing: Well, it might start snowing again soon. You should get ready to take her home. And don't peek into the bags. They're Christmas presents.

Y/N: Alright.

Frankie slipped into the bathroom, quickly changing back into her sweater and jeans while she imagined you did the same.

But you were still in your pjs when she emerged from the bathroom, Helsing and Frankie both finding you sneaking towards the gift bags on the table.

Helsing: Young Man...

Y/N: I’m kidding!

You turned back towards your room.

Helsing sighed slightly before turning to Frankie. He waved her over.

Helsing: I want your opinion on this gift for Y/N.

Frankie walked over to him, looking into the bag he was holding.

Now she quickly recognized the logo on the outside of the bag as the iCoffin logo. Her iCoffin was one of the first gifts she ever received before having to get a new one following the Interviews. It was from her friends. But you already have a phone. Why would you need another?

Then it hit Frankie. When you were dealing with the Stroker situation, you broke your phone beyond repair. You had been complaining about it for a while now.

Helsing smiled.

Helsing: It’s the new one.

Frankie: He'll love it.

Helsing: I wasn’t sure on the color. I know F/C is his favorite color but for a phone? I wasn’t sure. I can take it back.

Frankie: I think he’ll like the F/C.

Helsing: I didn’t get him a case. I don't know much about this sort of stuff. But maybe you could look into that for me? You know what he’d want more than I do anymore.

Frankie: Of course, but what do you mean?

Helsing sighed.

Helsing: I raised the kid, but I always gave him his space to become his own person. That kind of created this disconnect.

He leaned against the counter and crossed his arms.

Helsing: At the end of the day, I'll be happy to see him become someone great. Even if that means he won't see me as anything beyond a mentor.

Frankie frowned. Was that really how he felt? He cared for you, but he didn't mind if you cared for him? She started to see a barrier between the two of you. Did you know about this?

Frankie: I'll do what I can.

Helsing: Thank you.

You soon came out of your room, still straightening your headphones as you walked over to her, swinging your keys.

Y/N: Are we ready to go?

Frankie: Yep. Let's head home.
---------------
The sun made quick work of the mild snow storm the night before, leaving the Stein’s driveway a slushy and muddy mess. But that didn’t stop ypu and Frankie from making even more plans that week.

Y/N: So my uncle is trying to get last minute tickets for the gorechestra

She accepted. However, she had other motives.

But Frankie didn’t think about it long, wanting to call both Clawdeen and Draculaura to get their opinion on outfits, but of course, they were busy with family, which meant Frankie had to pick out an outfit by herself! Which wouldn’t normally be a complete issue, but when picking an outfit for a date, it was always nice to throw out a quick ‘the ghouls said it looked nice’ as a defense.

Any complaining about anything being too showy could quickly be suppressed by saying that it was what all the cool ghouls were wearing these days. Luckily for everyone involved, it was nearly 2°C so no one had to worry about Frankie wearing anything too showy.

She wore a pleated skirt with a thick pair of leggings underneath, a chunky knit sweater, and what she hoped would be a grippy pair of combat boots.

Once she finally emerged from her room ready for her date, there was a brief discussion with her parents. Mainly Viveka giving Viktor a glare while she told Frankie to be safe and text her when she left the gorechestra and then again when she was headed back home.

She was expecting to see you once she finally left the house, walking down the walkway to get in the car, but she wasn’t expecting to only see you. Helsing wasn't anywhere in sight which was weird.

Frankie: Wasn’t your uncle coming with us?

Frankie didn't even say hello, opening the passenger door of your car and hopping in.

Y/N: Yeah, he’s meeting us at the concert hall. You need to stop coming out before I come and knock on the door. Your dad is going to think I’m scared of him.

Frankie: That’s the truth isn’t it?

She bucked her seat belt before she realized what you were wearing. It made her crack a smile and laugh slightly under her breath.

Y/N: Look. It’s normal to find other people’s dads scary, but I’m just gonna warn you, I've dealt with worse.

Frankie: I’m not laughing because you’re scared of my dad. That is a very valid fear! He’s killed a lot of people…

You started the engine of your car again before driving back down her driveway.

Y/N: I’m not scared. I just…respect him...from a distance.

Frankie: But that’s not what I want to discuss right now. What are you wearing?

You took your eyes off of the road for a second to look down at you outfit as if you had forgotten what you were wearing then you sighed.

You were wearing a dark crimson suit with a black button down underneath. There was no tie in sight, but you still had the shirt buttoned all the way up. You almost resembled your uncle in an old photo she had seen a while back.

Frankie: But I’d love to see you dressed up more often.

Y/N Well, as soon as school starts back up again, you’ll have to ask me to that Winter dance Monster High is having.

Frankie: The Freaky Frosty Formal?

Frankie giggled.

Frankie: You’d want to go with me?

Y/N: Are you asking?

The rule for the Freaky Frosty Formal was that Ghouls had to ask the guys. It was kinda like a Sadie Hawkens dance, which you were sure wasn't a real thing but whatever! You were friends with monsters. Who were you to question literally anything at all?

Frankie: Yeah.

Frankie smiled.

Frankie: Would you go to the Freaky Frosty Formal with me?

You shrugged.

Y/N: Yeah, why not? It'll probably be easier and way more fun instead of trying to sort my feelings out.

Frankie laughed.

Frankie: You do know I'll void that invite if one of your crushes asks you.

You groaned which only served to amuse Frankie more.

After another few minutes in the car, and Frankie having to look up directions on her iCoffin, you'd finally arrived at the concert hall, meeting your uncle in the parking lot.

You both hopped out and made your way over. Frankie looped her arms around yours as you escorted her over what remained of last night's snowfall. Your uncle was dressed handsomely with his hair styled back and his beard trimmed. When he wasn't a ragged hunter, Frankie had to admit that he was quite a very attractive man.

She once again thought about him and Dracula. What she would pay to see that.

Helsing: Hello, Frankie. You look very beautiful tonight.

Frankie blushed a bit while you rolled your eyes. He was known to be a charmer. But, he was honestly just being nice. Though the looks he was getting from the passing monsters didn’t go unnoticed. Some were fearful, some were awe, most were thirst.

Frankie: Thanks. You look good to. I can see where Y/N gets his looks.

You both looked at her oddly. She slowly realized what she said when she remembered that you weren't actually related by blood.

Y/N: He's not my dad. Or even really my uncle. But I appreciate it.

Helsing gave a curt nod before leading the way towards the event. You waited in line for the doors to open while Frankie looked between you and Helsing. Time for her plan to start.

Frankie: Hey, can I ask a question?

You smiled and nodded.

Frankie: Are you adopted?

You and Helsing both snapped your heads to her. She just waited for the answer. You looked over to Helsing, also suddenly curious. He let out a silent sigh.

Helsing: Legally, no. There's no legal records of him before I stepped in.

You seemed surpised by this information. Have you never heard this before?

Y/N: What do you mean? I just, what, popped up outta thin air?

Helsing: You might've. Would that be so surprising?

You couldn't say yes. Especially with everything that's happened in the last few months. You never really wanted to question stuff like this. You would just be left with more questions than answers, it seemed.

Frankie: So you have no idea who his parents are?

Helsing didn't answer. Why didn't he answer? You narrowed your eyes and Frankie immediately began to regret her plan. She should've olanned this better.

Y/N: Do you?

Helsing looked at you before sighing.

Helsing: I know of them. I never met them myself, but Dracula has. Your father, at least.

Dracula had mentioned it before. That your father wasn't around anymore but your mother might be. You never asked him past that. You didn't know if you wanted to discover the truth of your family. Did you have siblings? You had no idea. And maybe you never will.

You just shrugged.

Y/N: Well, it's not like it matters. I got you to deal with, so why would I want another parent?

Helsing watched you for a moment before he smiled.

Helsing: I could say the same about you, and yet you keep bringing us strays to take care of.

Y/N: No one told you to take over.

Helsing: How else was I supposed to keep you out of trouble?

As you went back and forth, Frankie smiled. You may never say it, and Helsing might not believe it, but it was clear to her.

Helsing was more than your mentor.

Frankie: I can't wait for the gorechestra.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 3.5K 37
Monsters can't seem to get enough of this one Hunter named Y/N and would love to get their claws, hands, paws, etc. on him.
10.7K 150 6
this story is updated to a better reading experience so i hope you all like it even more! You are Jonny's adopted niece, and you are half vampire. On...
11K 264 15
Raven Van Helsing is a sixteen year old vampire hunter who is related to the Gabriel Van Helsing. She lives in the year 2110, where vampires have tak...
1.6K 24 16
Skarlett was the older sister of heath as she was in sophomore year at monster high she was in relationship with deuces older blaze this year was goi...