The Incredible Canine

By MeryMayham

- disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my oc Intro: This is the... More

Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3

Chapter 2

249 5 0
By MeryMayham

Everyone's eating at the dinner table, except for Merkle, she was chewing on a squirrel squeaky toy while Helen feeds Jack-Jack, she was making faces while doing this.

Dash: Mom. You're making weird faces again.

Helen: Mmm...No, I'm not.

Bob: ( reading the newspaper ) You make weird faces, honey.

Helen: ( to Bob: ) Do you have to read at the table?

Bob: Uh-huh. Yeah.

Merkle: ( thoughts, rolling her eyes at Bob: ) It's either he's reading the paper or he's in his office, Mom.

Merkle then noticed how Dash was eating his steak as Helen spots it.

Helen: Smaller bites, Dash. Yikes! Bob, could you help the carnivore cut his meat?

Merkle mentally chuckled, as Bob went over to Dash and cuts a piece of the steak for his son.

Helen: Dash, you have something you wanna tell your father about school?

Merkle: ( her eyes widened ) ( thoughts: ) Oh, great. I bet ten bacon doggy treats that Dad is going to be happy about the powers part of it.

Dash: ( nervously: ) Uh, um, well, we dissected a frog.

Helen: Dash got sent to the office again.

Bob: ( distracted ) Good. Good.

Merkle rolls her eyes at Bob.

Helen: No Bob, that's bad.

Bob: What?

Helen: Dash got sent to the office again.

Bob: What?! What for?

Dash: Nothing.

Helen: He put a tack on the teacher's chair... during class.

Dash: Nobody saw me. You could barely see it on the tape.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) That's my human brother. Cue Dad being impressed.

Bob: ( To Dash: ) They caught you on tape and you still got away with it? Whoa! You must have been booking. How fast do you think you were going?

Helen: Bob! We are not encouraging this.

Bob: I'm not encouraging, I'm just asking how fast-

Helen: Honey!

Merkle knew by the sound of the plate breaking, that Bob accidentally cut through the plate and table, causing it to collapse.

Bob: Great. First the car, now I gotta pay to fix the table...

Helen: The car?! What happened to the car?

Bob: ( gives his plate to Dash ) Here. I'm getting a new plate.

Bob then leaves angrily, causing Merkle to whined slightly, before Merkle stares at her squeaky toy.

Helen: So, how about you, Vi? How was school?

Violet: Nothing to report.

Helen: You've hardly touched your food.

Violet: I'm not hungry for meatloaf.

Helen: Well, it is leftover night. We have steak, pasta. What are you hungry for?

Merkle heard Dash mutter " Tony Rydinger " which caused her to let out a silent protective growl.

Violet: ( to Dash: ) Shut up!

Dash: Well, you are. Back me up, Merkle.

Merkle: ( in dog: ) Leave me out of this.

Dash: See, Merkle agrees with me.

Merkle rolled her eyes as she remembered that her owners didn't understand her.

Violet: I said, Shut up and leave the dog out of this, you little insect!

Dash: Well, she is!

Helen: Do not shout at the table! Bob!

Bob: ( off-screen: ) Kids! Listen to your mother!

Helen sighs and the family goes back to eating dinner...for a few seconds, Merkle then mentally sighs as she heard Dash say something under his breath, which she knew Violet heard.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) Cue the Parr sibling fight.

Violet: THAT'S IT!

Violet jumps over the table and starts fighting with Dash.

Helen: ( to Violet and Dash: ) Stop it!

Merkle: ( in dog, silently: ) They do this every night.

Dash starts running around the table hitting Violet every time he passes her.

Dash: You're gonna be toast!

Helen: Stop running in the house! You sit down!

Violet puts a force field in front of Dash to stop him, she laughed. Merkle rolled her eyes as she watched with a blank expression.

Dash: OW! HEY! NO FORCE FIELDS!

Violet: You started it.

Helen then stretches her arms to grab Dash and Violet, restraining them from attacking each other.

Helen: You sit down! You sit down! Violet!

Dash and Violet go under the table to fight with Helen's arms still attached.

Helen: Ow! Ow!

Merkle: ( to Violet and Dash, in dog: ) Stop it, you two! You're hurting mom! Don't make me come in there!

Helen: Merkle! Down, girl! BOB, IT'S TIME TO ENGAGE!

Bob walks in the room and stood there.

Helen: Do something! Don't just stand there! I need you to... intervene!

Bob: You want me to intervene? Okay! I'm, I'M INTERVENING!

Bob picks the table up and Helen, with the kids still fighting. Merkle was barking at Dash and Violet, yelling at them to stop fighting.

Helen: Dash, let go of your sister! Violet, let go of your brother! Merkle, sit, go lay down!

The doorbell rings and everyone paused, before they quickly do back to their original positions, trying to act normal.

Bob: Get the door!

Dash runs over to answer the door.

Dash: Hey, Lucius!

Merkle barked happily as Lucius walked in the house.

Lucius: Hey, Speedo! Hey, Helen. Vi, Jack-Jack, Merkle.

Dash runs back to his seat at the table while Helen quickly stops the light above the table from moving.

Bob: He-hey! Ice of you to drop by.

Lucius: Ha! ( Sarcastically: ) Never heard that one before.

Merkle then heard Dash gargle something after drinking water and shook her head as Dash spits water at the air. Lucius quickly freezes the spit shot and catches it.

Dash: Aw... I like it when it shatters.

Bob: I'll be back.

Bob gets up and heads to the door.

Helen: Hey, where are you two going?

Bob: It's Wednesday.

Helen: Right. Bowling night. Say hello to Honey for me, Lucius.

Lucius: Will do, love. Good night, Helen. Good night, kids! Good night, Merkle!

Merkle barks happily in response as Bob and Lucius left.

Helen: ( to Dash: ) Don't think you've avoided talking about your trip to the principal's office, young man. Your father and I are still gonna discuss it.

Dash: I'm not the only kid who's been sent to the office, you know.

Helen: Other kids don't have superpowers. Now, it's perfectly normal-

Violet: Normal? What do you know about normal!? What does ANYONE in this family know about normal?

Helen: Now, wait a minute, young lady.

Violet: We ACT normal, mom! I wanna BE normal! The only normal ones are Jack-Jack and Merkle! And he's not even toilet trained and Merkle sometimes drinks out of the toilet!

Jack-Jack laughs while Merkle slightly glares at Violet for pointing her out.

Merkle: ( to Violet, in dog: ) Hey. If it's not a water bowl, you guys need to stop leaving the seat up.

Dash: Lucky...

Helen angrily looks at Dash, while Merkle raised her brow at him.

Dash: Oh, I meant about being normal.

( Later that night )

Merkle walked into Dash's room, as she knew that he was still upset. She jumped in bed with him and he quickly pets her head as soon as she laid her head on his stomach.

Dash: It's so confusing, Merkle. Mom says one thing and Dad says another. I want to do sports, but mom says no because of my powers, even though Dad says that we shouldn't be ashamed of our powers... Ugh, why can't they agree with each other about something for once.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) I wish you could understand me... It's confusing for me too... You and Vi don't know how hard it is for ME to keep my powers a secret from Mom and Dad. Because I have no idea how they will react, and there's no way I can tell them how I got my powers, but at the same time I don't want them to know.

Later in the night, she heard yelling going on outside, waking Dash up. Merkle whined and try to go with Dash to check it out, but he stops her.

Dash: Stay here, girl. I'll be back.

Dash then leaves, closing the door behind him leaving Merkle in the room. She whines and then went back on the bed. She curled up before she slowly went back to sleep, with a sad expression.

Merkle: ( thoughts before going to sleep: ) I wish I could tell my family how I feel or anything...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

When do you think the Parr Family is going to find out that Merkle isn't a normal dog?

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 7.9K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
266K 8.6K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1M 18.4K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
969K 36.6K 87
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...