Be My Erasthai

By Ivy_m3moir

King Zayn Warren. A lycan king that has ruled for centuries without anyone worthy enough to call queen. One n... More

Golden Eyes
Holy Mother of Eros
Miss him
Soothe me.
My sweet Erasthai
Your Touch; My Drug
Frenzy
Go Out With Me
Do You Like Horses?
Hunger Pangs
Provocation
Cry Center
Three Wolves And One Little Rabbit
Go See Him
He's Gone
A Long Morning
Get Your Lazy Hide Up. We Have A Flight To Catch
One Of Us
To The Festival!
HIS
HERS
MINE
Mysterious Scent
The Bet
Pool And Jealousy
An Emergency Situation
THE END
There Are Walls
Men's Talk, Ladies' Night
Beast At Dawn
I'll Wait For You

Worn out feelings

1.1K 41 21
By Ivy_m3moir

Adalia

I don't know what it was, but I wasn't too fond of this lady called Juliet. She was too smiley to Zayn, and Zayn was entertaining her. He barely ever speaks to anyone, even at the office. He always just gave them a cold shoulder and a stern look whenever they tried speaking to him.

Juliet had just walked away from us, to go retrieve something and I hadn't realized I was staring daggers in her direction until I caught Zayn's entertained eyes on me. He laughed a little the moment we made eye contact and I blushed. This was extremely embarrassing. He must think I'm weird for acting this way to a woman I just met, but I couldn't help it.

I cleared my throat and stood up hastily. "Um...Im going to check out that section of the store!" I said in a flustered voice and scrambled away.

When I was away from view, I sighed and knocked myself a little on the head. What was wrong with me? I blame it on the bad night's sleep and of course on Zayn.

I flopped on one of the beds there, and the bed bounced a little. Damn, this bed feels really good. It almost makes me want to go to sleep right here and now.

As I was sampling the bed, I felt it dip behind me.

Oh lord.

I didn't have to look behind to know who it was. The electricity in the air was enough to tell me.

"Do you like the bed?" his smoky voice asked.

I gulped and turned around. "Yea, it's really soft..." I started to say but trailed off when I looked into Zayn's heated electric blue eyes. The hazel hue on them seemed to be larger.

I was so lost in his eyes, that I didn't realize he had moved so close to me.

Do you want to test it out?" he asked, trailing his hands down my face.

"Huh?" I asked, feeling spacy from his hands.

I suddenly felt his hand wrap around my waist, and I shuddered. He then buried his nose into my neck and took in a lungful of air and exhaled with a deep rumble vibrating his chest. It felt like the sound was making me feel drowsy.

He pulled me and laid me down on the bed gently. I was a little thrown off. I tried to get up but he just shushed me.

"Shh, relax gorgeous. Go to sleep for me." He said in a mesmerizing way that convinced me to nod my head in agreement.

I had no clue what was happening, my senses were shutting me off as if I was drugged. In any other situation, I would be alarmed. But I was with Zayn, so I felt safe enough to let myself go and fall asleep.

As I was slowly slipping out, I heard a voice that sounded like Juliet's. I couldn't make out what she said, but Zayn responded with "Leave us, Juliet" and the room was once again quiet as I fell asleep.

***

As Zayn dropped me in front of my house and drove off, I stood in my spot for a while, staring at his Bentley until I could no longer see it. I can't believe I fell asleep in a furniture store. When I woke up, it was literally nighttime. I was so embarrassed and shocked when I woke up in Zayn's arms that I wanted a hole to open up and swallow me. What the hell was wrong with me these days?

I fumbled around my bag for my keys, when movements at the corner of my house caught my attention. I froze. Something was by the side of my porch, but I couldn't see clearly under the broken lightbulb. I squinted my eyes to see better, but all I could make out was a shadow. A shadow of a man to be precise. The shadow moved, and I retreated a few steps, my eyes scanning my environment for anything that could serve as a weapon.

I caught sight of a tree branch on the floor, and as I moved to go pick it up, my hand was grabbed from behind. I let out a scream and turned to use my bag to smack the person. A muffled grunt escaped the person's mouth as they held me tighter. I don't give a damn who it is, but if they think they could creep up one like that, then they got another thing coming. I was about to aim for the balls of the man when a familiar scent hit me.

"Luke?" I asked in surprise

"Ow. Yes, it's me. Geez what was that for?" He asked, rubbing the spot I had hit him on the head.

"I should be asking you, what was that? Why are you hovering at the corner of my pouch in the dark?" I asked.

"Well I came to see you, but you weren't home. So I decided to wait around for you since you weren't picking up my calls," he said.

I bit my lips, feeling a little guilty that I had ignored his calls and texts on purpose. But what was I to do? Zayn was literally occupying my mind.

"Sorry, I was out with someone and didn't pay much attention to my phone," I said. It wasn't a complete lie, I was out with Zayn, and all my attention had been on that god of a man.

"Who were you with this late into the night?" Luke asked his tone unenthusiastic.

I wasn't going to tell him I was with Zayn for the entirety of today, and that I fell asleep in his arms at a furniture store. He already thinks I'm flirting with every guy on the streets. So instead of answering the question, I changed the subject by asking him one of my own questions.

"So what did you need to see me about?"

Luke ignored my question but instead stepped closer to me and took in a deep breath. Then he said, "Were you with Zayn?"

What the hell, how could he tell I was with Zayn by sniffing me? Did Zayn's perfume rub off on me or something?

"Answer me, were you with that prick Zayn?" He demanded

Something inside me snapped at him name calling Zayn. No one gets to talk about my Zayn like that.

Ugh, I called him my Zayn again.

I need to school my mind and remind myself that Zayn isn't mine. But that would have to wait for later, right now I needed to school Luke first.

"Who I was with outside of business hours is none of your concern, Luke. And don't you dare disrespect Zayn like that" I barked.  Luke was shocked, and so was I.

In my two years of knowing Luke, never had I ever snapped at him like this. I usually just took whatever shit he threw at me and shoved it down, then go cry about it later. The existence of Zayn as a whole is throwing my entire personality off.

His shocked expression soon fell to an angry one, "so you and Zayn are best friends now huh" he said

I rolled my eyes and pushed to walk past him. "If you aren't here for anything Luke then be on your way," I said, fumbling for my keys once more.

"Wait, no I need to talk to you" he hurriedly said.

I ignored him as I inserted my keys in the lock and started to unlock it.

"Please?" he added softly, tugging on my heartstrings. I hate that I can never say no to him, that there's this crazy pull between us that I can't fight.

I paused my movements and turned to him. "Well, what do you want?"

"Can I come in first?" he requested.

I looked from my half-open door to him and contemplated letting him in. I've always dreamed about him coming to my home and we could spend some time together and maybe end up cuddling. However, that dream was futile and I know it wasn't about to come true now. He now had a girlfriend, so he really shouldn't be at my house this late in the night. We weren't close anymore.

"You can't come in...but we could go to the cafe down the block," I said after much thought. I still don't like Paris, but I had respect for her, so I wouldn't let her boyfriend into my house alone, in the night.

"I'll take that," Luke said, flashing me one of his smiles that always melts my heart. I really can't get over this dude, can I?

On our way to the cafe, Luke tried to put his hands on my waist and I subtly moved out of the way. For some reason, I felt like only Zayn's hands belonged there, only he could put his hands on my waist and make me feel comfortable.

Luke raised his eyebrow at my dodging his touch and I said "It'll be harder to walk if you are holding me" He just threw me a look and kept walking, although he made sure to stand insufferably close to me.

The moment we walked into the cafe, a short and lean waitress with a double bun hairstyle came to serve us.

"Hello! Welcome to Lights Cafe, my name is Mimi, and I'll be your server today!" she said in an extremely chipper tone. There was no way someone was still this energetic at nine pm. She must have just started her shift or she's doing it all for the tips.

"Mimi huh, that's a cute name. It suits your personality" Luke said.

The girl blushed a little and covered her face with slender hands, that were beautified with red nails. I rolled my eyes at the action. Wow someone would think this man didn't have a girlfriend. Luke kept talking to the girl as I busied myself with the menu. I really didn't care less what they were conversing about. I just wish he'd hurry up so I could go home.

I didn't feel this bored when I was with Zayn. I wish he was the one sitting in this chair right now instead of Luke-

Once again, I was surprised by my own thoughts. This was the first time I wished I wasn't in Luke's company, it was surprising. Usually, I'd be beside myself with happiness that he asked me out, and my heart would be practically up my throat in hopes that he was having a good time.

My actions have been surprising me a lot as of late, it was like my entire personality was shifting.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the waitress walking away. When I came to, she was already a distance from us.

"Why did she leave, I hadn't ordered yet," I said in confusion.

"Don't worry Adalia, I ordered for you"

"Huh?"

"You usually get the green tea and a bagel right? Yea I just asked her to get that" 

I was dumbfounded. Sure I liked green tea and bagels, but I was actually in the mood for a croissant. The only reason I used to get bagels in the first place, was because Luke likes them. It would have been nice if he checked in to confirm with me what I wanted. That's fine, he was just trying to be nice and caring I guess.

"Why have you been avoiding me lately?" Luke suddenly asked.

I let out a low laugh at his words. There was no way he was seriously asking me this.

"Luke, are you serious?" I asked.

His face grew into one of confusion as if he wasn't sure how on earth I could be avoiding him. I was about to go on a rant when the double bun waitress came back.

"One green tea, one coffee, and two bagels coming right up." The waitress's shrill voice said.

"Thank you, these bagels look lovely Mimi" Luke said as he gently brushed the girl's hand.

Here he goes again. I rolled my eyes at the scene playing out in front of me. Somehow, I felt like Luke was intentionally staring at me when he touches Mimi. It was almost like he was gauging my reaction. But then again, I must be delusional right now. I've always been delusional when it comes to Luke. I could never figure out what was going on between us.

As soon as Luke was done flirting, he turned to me and smiled like all was well.

I sighed and said "Luke, you have been treating me harshly lately. You yell at me for the littlest of things and most of all you called me a whore" My voice was now rising a little in anger.

Luke had a dumbfounded look on his face like all the words I said were foreign to him.

"Adalia I never meant to treat you like that I-" Luke said, his voice breaking a little. He took in deep breaths and continued. "There has just been a lot going on recently, I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way."

I felt my heart tugged at his words. "Is everything okay? Anything I can do to help?" I asked him, and he gave me a wry smile.

"Yes, I'll be fine. I'm just happy to know I have someone like you by my side, someone who gets me." He said as he brushed against my hands.

The usual tingles I used to get when I made contact with him, felt extremely dull. His touch felt wrong, and I fought the urge to smack his hand away. However, I lost to that urge as Luke grabbed my wrist, and slowly slid his hand up my arm.

I was startled by his action and smacked his hands away. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face, and I felt a little guilty. But what was I supposed to do? I felt repulsed and nauseous from his touch. It felt like I was about to throw up, so I grabbed my bag and quickly stood up.

Leaving a stupefied Luke with a "sorry" I ran out of the store.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772K 50.3K 41
WATTPAD FEATURED - 30/11/2017 WATTYS 2018 LONGLIST - 31/08/2018 WATTPAD WEREWOLF FEATURED - 05/09/2020 WATTPAD EXPLORER WEREWOLF WEEK - 26/10/2020 [W...
264K 15.6K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...
2.4M 103K 36
Any other man I wouldn't be afraid of but Lycan Leader Malcolm's body extrude a kind of confidence and primal power that even I can't ignore. --- Run...