I KNOW PLACES | George Russell

By piastrisversion

Ariella Irwin, the sister of the 5 seconds of Summer drummer, Ashton Irwin, has been racing for most of her l... More

Cast + introduction
1. Formal greetings
Formal greetings - instagram
2. Lunch
3. the man
4. Qualifying
Qualifying - Socials
5. the euphoric feeling
6. Bahrain GP
7. permanent marker
8. La La Land
La La Land - socials
9. Mario Kart
Mario Kart - instagram
11. an unfamiliar feeling
12. the band is back
13. pretend
14. burning red
15. 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 - instagram
16. cake batter ice cream
17. if walls could talk
18. Goldfish
19. not quite blue, not entirely green
20. little black dress
21. we know she isnt your girlfriend
22. guilt
23. talk fast, romance
24. turned into your worst fears
25. Lando
26. the string of beads
27. tightrope
28. red flag
29. california
30. flowers
31. girl at home
32. loves a fragile little flame
33. something happens when everybody finds out
34. grieving for the living
35. truth
36. right where we left off
37. holiday
38. natural talent
epilogue

10. "those walls aren't very thick"

1.4K 31 1
By piastrisversion

Saudi Arabia
Race day

Ariella's pov

Starting p6 doesn't give me much confidence. But of course, I will push for a better finish than what I start with.

A knock on the open door of my drivers room diverts my attention from getting ready.

"Hey Rocky." My greeting wasn't very enthusiastic. He raises his eyebrows, acknowledging the lack of passion.

"You good?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just not very happy about where I'm starting." He nods, understanding my frustration.

"I have something that might make you feel better." By the look on his face, I can tell he's trying not to laugh.

I give him a look telling him to continue.

"Have you been on social media today or yesterday?" I shake my head in response to the question.

I usually stay off my social media's. I've found it's not really good for me, I tend to spiral when I go onto my socials.

"Twitter seems to think our posts yesterday was a soft launch for our 'romantic relationship'." He puts air quotes around the words romantic relationship.

"Are you serious?" I ask him though a fit of giggles.

"Dead."

"Wait I wanna see! I wanna see! show me! show me!" I run up to him like a little kid as he pulls up tweets. He was not lying. People are actually going insane over it.

"Here wait." I grab my phone off the table and take a .5 of us. Both of us having the same initial reaction when a camera is pointing at us, to put a thumbs up and smile.

I post the picture on my story with a text saying "just friends guys" with a little thumbs up emoji added.

"Do you really think that'll do something?" His phone now displaying the newly posted story as he asks me the question through his eyelashes.

"Probably not. It might actually make them suspect more but I mean if it keeps them entertained!" I throw my hands up and he shakes his head with a smile on his face.

James appears in the doorway behind Rocky.

"Hey warm ups come on." He disappears back out the door after saying this, probably assuming I'm following him.

I throw Rocky a questioning look at James's cranky state. He throws his hands up as if to say "I don't know." I roll my eyes before running to catch up with James.

"What's up with you?" I inquire, bumping his arm with my own.

"Nothing." He shakes his head and continues to walk. "Everything, actually. Everyone is getting on my nerves!" He stops walking.

"Hey me too! High five!" He leaves me hanging and instead point behind me.

"Go stand right outside your drivers room."

I bring my arm back down to my side. "You made me walk all this way for nothing?" It actually wasn't even that far of a walk. Not far at all really.

"I didn't make you do anything. Now hurry. Make it a jog." He shoo's me with his hand.

It takes literally a whole second to get back to the door.

-☆-

I finished the race p4. Only two positions gained and I didn't even make it onto the podium. Yeah, I'm a rookie but I'm driving for Red Bull. I should be able to get a podium.

Max and Charles are talking outside the garage after the podium celebration. "Hey great race you two. Especially you." The second part being aimed at Charles and I hit him on the arm with the back of my hand. He qualified p5 but managed to finish p2 behind Max.

I give Rocky my helmet for him to take care of before make my way further into the garage back to my drivers room.

"Hey I need to talk to you!" Parker startles me as I walk into the room. I didn't see her upon entering, my gaze too busy studying my boots.

"How did you even get in here?" I close the door behind me.

"James." Of course. I shake my head at her.

"You wanted to talk?" I revert back to the original topic.

"Oh yeah. What's going on between you and George?" Panic strikes every corner of my body, and I begin to wonder if she saw him or me sneak to the others room and if that is the case it probably looks much worse than it is.

"What-" I try and get her to clarify but she cuts me off.

"And don't come up with some bullshit lie because I know he was at your room last night. I heard you two! Those walls aren't very thick and my room is right next to yours!" Max's room is also next to mine, making me wonder if he also heard us in our fight for a win in the video game.

"George and I are just friends. No one was meant to know because of a stupid management coverup. Sometimes we go to each other's rooms to hang out because we can't been seen in public being friends. You're not even supposed to know. Last night we were just playing Mario Kart." It feels good not having to lie to her. I hated doing it but now that she knows, it's not like I can necessarily cover it up.

"So when you took that drive the other night...?" She puts air quotes around the word drive.

"I was watching a movie with George." She slaps a hand to her mouth.

"A movie!?!" Oh my. Not again.

"Yes. It was nothing romantic though so you can calm down." Maybe I should've tried to cover it up. That way I at least would've had a chance at peace.

"What movie did you watch?" She seems to be trying to figure something out.

I pause for a moment, trying to predict the outcome if I told her. The buzz of my phone on the table saves me from answering.

George

George
-Garbage race today but I have ice cream at mine to make up for it!

I like the message, so he knows I saw it. Parker gasps from her place in the room.

"Oh my gosh! You're smiling! It's him isn't it!?" She point an accusing finger in my direction.

"Shh Parker! Do you want the whole pit lane in my business? But yes, it is." She shrieks unbelievably loud.

"What did he say? Show me!" She's hovering over my shoulder now. Reading over the message he sent not long ago. "Oh." She says, disappointed and walks back to her original place in the room.

"I already told you, nothing is going on between us." I shake my head again, the motion becoming second nature to me. "I need to change out of this so I'll take you back to your garage." She narrows her eyes at me for the change of topic but doesn't say anything about it, and just follows me out of the room.

(1155 words)
☆————————————☆
A/N - so uh Parker knows and maybe Max🙊. Leave thoughts pls and any criticism!

THE KNIGHTS ARE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS VAMOS VEGAS!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 454 23
Jennifer White lives in Sydney, Australia. She's a big fan of most pop/rock bands, especially her best friends, Luke Hemmings' band, 5 Seconds Of Su...
22.3K 569 46
**UNDER EDITING** Life wasnt easy being a rising superstars sister. Lia Mills barely ever got to see her older brother Jake. But one day, Jake comes...
364K 8.9K 63
My name is Sophie, Sophie Irwin I am the younger sister of Ashton Irwin yes the drum player from 5 seconds if summer. Well my life is tough but you w...
3.9K 179 53
Bindi is a 17 year old girl getting ready to go to college next year. Her brother is Ashton Irwin. He is the drummer of Five Seconds of Summer. She i...