𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄, Volturi...

By -ANG3L1CANN

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 [𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐈𝐍�... More

𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘
𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒
𝐈, 𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐍 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄
𝐈𝐈, 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓
𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒
𝐈𝐕, 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐑
𝐕, 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍
𝐕𝐈, 𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍
𝐕𝐈𝐈, 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍
𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐈𝐗, 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐍
𝐗, 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐏𝐒𝐄
𝐗𝐈, 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃
𝐗𝐈𝐈, 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒
𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐗𝐈𝐕, 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐖
𝐗𝐕, 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄
𝐗𝐕𝐈, 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈, 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒
𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐏𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐔𝐓
𝐗𝐈𝐗, 𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐘
𝐗𝐗, 𝐀𝐁𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐗𝐗𝐈, 𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐓
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈, 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕, 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐌𝐄
𝐗𝐗𝐕, 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈, 𝐓𝐎 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈, 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐒
𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄
𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗, 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒
𝐗𝐗𝐗, 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈, 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐒
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈, 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐑
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕, 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐃
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕, 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈, 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈, 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐖𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓
𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗, 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
𝐗𝐋, 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘
𝐗𝐋𝐈, 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐀𝐖
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐎𝐘𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘
𝐗𝐋𝐕, 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈, 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍
𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈, 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒

𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈, 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒

888 42 5
By -ANG3L1CANN

I HADN'T REALIZED HOW ISOLATED I WAS UNTIL I WALKED INTO THE ROOM THAT HELD MY BEST FRIEND.

My decision to not meet her until now was one that I made purely because I wasn't ready to be chewed out. I couldn't remember our last conversation. Whatever she told me, I suspected that it wasn't honeyed words.

It was dim, terribly lit all around, but most of all, it was old. The entire Clocktower was centuries old, sure, but this place was beyond that. Perhaps it wasn't well kept, maybe nobody cared enough about the people put here to add new decor. The bed must have been decades old.

Chrissy was well kept, but silent as she paced across the room, not having noticed me by her doorway yet. I was quiet, I'd been taught by Afton how to not expose yourself with loud footsteps. Chrissy was loud in this room. My hearing picked up on her frantic breath as she turned around to see me.

What was almost always a look of sweetness and understanding was cold, calculated, unlike the woman I'd known before I'd been forcibly turned into a vampire. Her dark brown eyes were furious and she didn't dare make a move towards me. A strong pit settled in my chest, my anxiety running through my veins down to my fingers that twitched with anticipation as to what she would say to me.

My former lover said nothing. Dead quiet, as if she were the statue and not me. It burned to see her upset with me in any way. We'd been together as lovers, then as friends for a period of time in my life that felt like it would be my last. Now she stood before me, looking into my newly reddened eyes, and it felt like she wasn't looking at me at all. She stared right through me.

Was I now this ugly thing to her?

Was being a vampire supposed to be an ugly thing?

The silence hurt more than any of her often poorly chosen words. The lack of transparency, my lack of memories about my turning- some parts could be explained by Chrissy. But I suspected she wouldn't share them. Between us, what had been a strong bond I thought couldn't falter, was breaking apart as I stood before her, a statue between humanity and monstrosity.

"Could you still want to be my friend when I'm a vampire?" I asked tentatively, hoping for a response that didn't include a no.

She didn't have to say yes, but it couldn't be a no.

No answer, so I asked another question to try and get something out of her.

"If the Volturi let you go, would you still be my friend?"

I stood there in stunned silence as she moved just a millimeter, just enough for me to see the terror on her face at the thought of her still being trapped. This isn't what I wanted for either of us, but this was what happened.

She threatened to expose the entire vampire civilization, and now she's a prisoner. There is no free speech for vampires, they have to keep the secret. No matter what. Bribe as many people as you need, kill whoever finds out, but do not let the secret get out.

I had to keep that secret now too. Anyone who wasn't a vampire from my previous life had to die to me. The Guards, the ones that were young and were stationed in the back of the Clocktower, they spoke about giving up their family and friends. Chrissy was my only family, the one person who I'd have called family if asked. The Cullens were my friends, some of my closest friends I'd ever had, but Chrissy, she was my best friend. She was family.

She didn't speak to me still, and my mind was growing inpatient as per usual. I couldn't remain calm for much longer.

Everything fell apart the night I died. Things crashed, things burned. I think that they're still burning. On the inside, my time with Chrissy flashed before my eyes. The good, the bad, the ugly.

All that was left was a selfish feeling of betrayal.

An absence of a yes means no.

---

I WAS IN A TERRIBLE MOOD WHEN I'D GOTTEN THE TEXT FROM CAIUS (AND BY PROXY, MARCUS) THAT THEY WANTED ME TO MEET JASPER AT THE FRONT GATES AND SHOW HIM AROUND.

They didn't seem to care that he'd allegedly already been to the Clocktower and Volterra many times in his life. It was the formality that mattered to them.

The only reason I wasn't pissed off was because I was so glad to be meeting up with Jasper. He was one of the best listeners to my issues, and me to his, back in New York. We were usually seen together with Rosalie and Emmett, and a few people in Carlisle's practice thought we were dating.

We weren't, to be fair. I've never had those kinds of feelings towards Jasper, and I don't think he would ever cheat on his girlfriend (although rumor has it they're actually married, which I would have never guessed) Alice.

Making my way down to the front entrance wasn't difficult since all windows had been shut due to the excessive sun coming in. Super speed mixed with anticipation made the trip quick and meaningful. The marble floors had just been cleaned, so I was careful to not slip and fall on my ass on the way over.

Knowing he was on the other side of the door, I opened it up, revealing the face of my old friend. Without hesitation I was wrapped in his arms and lifted off the ground for a hug.

God I missed this man.

"I've missed you so much," Jasper whispered as he shoved his face into my curled brown hair. "Things suck without you."

His accent was as thick as ever, clearly southern and lilted to sound so gentlemanly. I laughed and returned his hug, carefully wrapping my arms around his neck. "I've missed you too, cowboy."

I was the only one allowed to call him that, for obvious reasons. Rosalie used it as an insult to his style, and Emmett like to tease him for sounding much different than the rest of the family. But me? I never used it as an insult to any part of him, he was just a cool cowboy to me.

"I've missed your voice so much," Jasper admitted as he let me back down onto the ground. "Things haven't been the same without you. I couldn't believe it when Alice told me that you were mated to the Volturi Kings."

Right, that. The mating bond that allegedly got me into this semi-exclusive Coven in the first place.

The one I have been trying to figure out on my own, with one of them all the way back in Washington.

"She hasn't messaged me at all since that, and I know it's not just because of the time zones and countries." Alice and I weren't close, but she wasn't some stranger. We'd gone out and done fun things with Rosalie together, like a girl's trip.

What changed?

"She's not happy that you're here, or that you're here as a vampire," Jasper admitted, his face turning away from mine as we talked right outside the entrance of the Clocktower. "The Cullen Coven doesn't drink human blood. I don't."

I was bewildered, I'll admit. The idea of that being an issue when I hadn't even had my first meal was confusing. Jasper made it seem like because of my diet with the Volturi, eating humans, I would be outcast by the Cullen Coven.

"They still love me, right?" I asked, realizing that the confusion was turning into a deep insecurity that I hated having. "Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, and Rosalie. You. You won't leave me because of this, right? Me being here won't cut me off, right?"

There was a pause before Jasper spoke, one that destroyed me until it passed.

"No. Never," Jasper reassured me, running his fingers through my hair. He'd always been a gentle, physical person that showed his love through touch. "They'd never abandon you like that, River. Carlisle has friends here, Rosalie and Emmett do too. Blood doesn't matter to us."

He wasn't telling me something and he knew that I knew. Jasper had the false smile that showed everyone your cards, even people without a clue how to socialize properly like me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, softly pressing my hand against his chest like I used to whenever he and Edward fought.

"No," Jasper admitted quickly. "That isn't your issue, though, River, you just got turned. I can handle myself just fine. It's you I was worried about."

"I'm allowed to be worried about whatever I want to be worried about," I retorted, poking my finger at his chest. "And right now I'm worried about you. You came here and wanted to see me, but you aren't happy."

"I promise I am happy to see you-"

I cut him off, "That isn't what I meant. Something's been going on and nobody has told me shit. Aro is in Forks, there's a lockdown on the Clocktower, and the Guards are stationed in places they usually aren't. I've heard about a party, but Aro wouldn't just up and leave for no reason."

"And you know that how?" Jasper questioned me, a genuine question rather than a mean, rhetorical one. "The party and Aro are separate."

"I know." I pursed my lips and took a step back, finally able to see the sad look on Jasper's stony face. "I know you're happy to see me, I'm so happy to see you too, but you just don't seem... lively."

"I'm dead."

"Yeah, yeah," I poked at his chest again. "That's not what I meant."

"Do you really want my problems on ya while you're a Newborn vampire?" I nodded my head, fully ready to hear whatever he had to say. "Look, Alice and I have been fighting. Edward and I have fought again. I don't want to be back in Forks, back with Bella. She's been badmouthing ya even though she hasn't even met ya. It's ridiculous and I hate it."

"So you came to see me to run away from the Cullens?" Jasper wasn't the kind of man to up and abandon people. He adored Rosalie and Emmett, they were his people, always. Movies, games, everything. "Jasper, are you ever going back to them, or are you saying that you want to move here?"

"That's the thing, River," he shook his head and put his head in his hands. "I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Things have been too much with Bella scared and saying things about you. I don't want to badmouth her to you, but she's just been bitching too much for me. I can't handle the anger she brings around the house."

So the mythical Bella Swan, the lover of Edward Cullen, a human, was the one to drive Jasper away from his family.

That just wouldn't do.

"Jas," I started, pulling him into a hug.

"I don't want to leave as much as I do," he admitted as he ran his fingers down the back of my arm. "It's good that I can be with you, though. The issues in Forks are a lot."

"Emotionally?"

"Yeah." Jasper let out one of his little laughs and pulled me in as close as he could. "So good to see you."

"So good to see you too, cowboy," I ended with before a small set of patters ran across the floors, surely from another vampire. "Look, we're kind of in an open area, we should probably bring you to the Guard room or the Rec room to say hi to everyone."

Jasper was slightly reluctant to have me leave his grasp, but let go as I drifted away from him, choosing to lead him in a new direction. This was the easy part, the blessed silence that was calming in more ways than one. Mind and soul, Jasper was a part of me that I adored. He'd been my friend when I was human, and now we could be friends in immortality.

I was yet again reminded of the complete heartbreak with Chrissy. It shattered me as we walked, even through the calm of his touch. I knew he was trying to use his gift on me. I didn't like the attempt to soak up all the negative emotion, I wanted to feel it. But this was Jasper's way of helping, so I allowed it, despite the small bit of discomfort I felt when not feeling hurt over Chrissy.

The Rec room was filled with people as per usual. Jane and Alec were snuggling in a corner, holding up a book for them to read together. It was nice seeing them not at each other's throats.

Afton greeted Jasper first, patting him on the shoulder and hugging him. Then came Demetri and Felix, who were happy to see the member of the Cullen Coven in their home.

The last person in the room was someone I didn't recognize. They were watching a movie with Luna. I assumed The Notebook based on the setting I saw. I'd never seen it, actually, but Chrissy had.

Jasper walked over to greet Luna and stopped when his eyes met the girl next to her. All bundled up in blankets, she smiled at him. Jasper got down onto the ground, onto her level and let in a sharp breath.

"Are you love?" She asked, earning a confused look from everyone.

Jasper laughed.

"I can be, if you want me to be."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.8K 2K 21
𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓. (𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑽𝒐𝒍𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒊 𝒙 𝑨𝒍𝒆𝒙...
50.9K 1.2K 25
❝𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙.❞ 𝙃𝙚 𝙢𝙪𝙧𝙢𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙨 𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙘�...
277K 13.6K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
66.8K 1.5K 80
A continuation of my Volturi oneshots, preferences, and imagines. Please enjoy!