Lessons

By Astra-Luna

Techno is a broken kid, but he doesn't hold himself like one. He doesn't trust people, he's learned that from... More

Lesson 1: Do not talk back, don't speak unless spoken to.
People are awful (but I'll pretend to like them for you)
Why are you so nice to me? (what will you do?)
Stab me in the heart, not the back (it's how I like my pain)
Stop playing it isn't fun anymore (it was never fun)
People can't love (more importantly, I can't)
Learning to trust is hard (you have to trust to learn)
I will be patient forever (for you to come around)
Every step forward (is three more back)
Bravery is just pretending not to care (even if it hurts)
A matter of love (why can't I fix it?)
I love you (I wish you didn't)
Grief is an awful thing (I feel broken)
Please understand (why can't you see)
I'm here for you (I won't let you fall)
Help me, Help me (I'm deteriorating slowly)
I can't do this (I wish I could)
You want to play? (Game on)
It's not your fault (it never was)
Bravery isn't just willing to fight (it is also choosing to lay down the sword)
They lie (when they say it feels better)
Brutal is life (but if it wasn't, would we be living?)
Rule no. 15: brother by soul if not blood
Lesson 25: Promises are best kept

I can dance and play all day (if you'll let me)

140 9 4
By Astra-Luna

TW: PTSD, referenced past abuse,
Please let me know if I missed any

"Techno! How dare you!" Tommy shouted.

Techno cackled, and shot another fake arrow at Tommy, grinning as it got stuck on his back and he mock fell on impact.

Tubbo drew his bow and aimed it at the tree Techno was in. He shot the arrow, and it hit Techno's arm, he fell out of the tree in shock, but played it off like he did it on purpose.

"Good aim Tubs!" Tommy shouted.

Techno shakily got back onto his feet, and grabbed another arrow, shooting it at Ranboo while they were running past. It hit their side, and they jumped at it, laughing as they pulled it off. "You could be an archer Techno."

"I like crossbows better." He said with a grin.

Techno let himself relax just a bit, they were playing a game, the house wasn't a life or death type place yet, that could always change, but Wilbur was nice. Tommy, although rude and oblivious, meant well, and Phil and Kristen seemed nice enough.

He could work with this. It didn't fix the anxieties that constantly bombarded him, nor did it fix the nightmares that left him paranoid, but the family was nice and he would take the small mercies that have been given to him.

Tommy liked busting into his room at random intervals during the day to
reek havoc on his room, whether it was messing up his book organization, or taking his stuff and hiding it around his room.

Then Techno would sneak into Tommy's room later, and move a few things to a very different, but very believable place. Like putting his stuffed cow onto his desk, or moving a picture from one side to the other.

It was mutually agreed upon that neither of them were snitches, although, he suspects Tommy still doesn't know who moves his things.

● ● ●

"Technooooooo!" Tommy called.

Techno leaned out of his room. "Yessssss?"

"Will you help me make new weapons for our game?"

Some days, Tubbo's father would come and hang out, and the trio would drag him into the game, other times, Ranboo's older brother would come, and they'd play, always starting where they left off.

Some days, Dream would bring his friends too, and all of them would play.

Wilbur loved watching Techno and Dream interact, they were both sharp shooters, and were great at fighting close combat, friends, but most of it was built off of fighting.

Apparently, Schlatt had become president, and now Wilbur and Tommy were kicked out of their drug van nation. Now, Techno didn't know that, because he was working on new mock weapons, until they showed up at his little hole in the ground.

He didn't understand where this game was going, but Wilbur and Tommy seemed serious, so obviously, it was time for a revolution.

"Down with the government!" Techno shouted, raising his axe.

The other two did the same, before they all devolved into laughter.

"Dream was always kind of the villan, now there are three villains." Wilbur said with a laugh, the three of them putting their game props into a bin in the basement.

"Ehh, I wouldn't say villains, just people with different motives."

"You say that because you are the villain." Tommy said, poking him on the face.

"Maybe I do." Techno said with a grin.

He wouldn't lie, it felt nice to feel like the villain. After nine years of feeling like the victim, it kind of felt like he was taking some power back, even if only in a game.

Wilbur noticed the soft smile on the strawberry blond's face, and couldn't help but smile too. They'd all be okay, nothing would change that.

● ● ●

"Will you come to the dance party?" Tommy asked, standing in the doorway.

"Dance party?"

"Yeah, we put on a disc in my room, and either dance, or stand in a circle and rap."

"That sounds like a cult."

"What's a cult?"

"You know what drugs are, but you don't know what a cult is." Techno asked incredulously.

"Yep!"

The older took off his reading glasses, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "How are your concepts so screwed up, you know what drugs are, and apparently what war and revolutions and death are. But you don't know what a cult it?"

"Does that matter?" The blond asked.

"Yes!" The former said incredulously.

"Will you come to the dance party though?"

"Sure, I'll join the cult. And tell Phil you need help."

Tommy grinned. "Yes! Also, he already knows that."

Techno sighed. "Of course he does."

He had grown to not fear Phil, he wasn't a very scary man. More likely to laugh at your mistakes than to punish you.

It's been three months since he was adopted, he's come quite a long way, and actually grown into his personality a little bit.

He let Tommy lead him into his room, Phil was sitting on the desk chair, Wilbur was sitting cross-legged on the floor, and Tommy led the two of them to sit on the bed.

"You let him sit on the bed?" Wilbur asked indignantly.

"Yeah, cause he's cool." Tommy said happily.

"I don't think I've ever been referred to as 'cool' in my life." Techno deadpanned.

"Well, you're cool." Tommy said happily.

Wilbur stuck his tongue out at Techno, and like the sensible fourteen year old he was, he stuck his tongue out at Wilbur.

Phil laughed at the two's antics, and Tommy put a disc in. "This is a dancing song."

Wilbur grinned and held a hand out for Techno. He bowed and took the brunette's hand, and they began dancing to the music. It was a very fast paced dance, and the two took turns spinning each other around the room. Phil and Tommy were also dancing, but they did a lot more back and forth dancing.

The strawberry blond's hair swirled around him as he was spun, quickly snapping when he stopped, and spun Wilbur. He loved dancing.

Lesson 9: enjoy they sunny days, they don't last long.

Techno laid in the grass with an older girl. She was also a foster kid, but from somewhere else. She was really nice, and took care of him, the parents were very 'I don't care.' Type people, which left the two of them to fend for themselves.

Neither of them minded, it was summer, and they liked walking to the park, or climbing the trees, or just lying in the grass.

She's the one who taught him to dance. Ball room dance, at least.

Techno stood up and stretched, before bowing and holding out a hand. The older girl smiled, and took his hand, standing up, and spinning the younger one.

They did a simple dance, two steps left, crossingright over left, two steps back, crossing right behind left. Two steps right, left over right, two steps up, crossing left over right.

They added extra things as they continued, like spinning on the corners and leaning, as they went.

A month later, the parents returned Techno. He doesn't know what happened to the girl.

He taught the dance to a little two year old, one faithful sunny day, so he would always remember dancing in the sun, with grass tickling his legs as he went.

_____________________________

In two days I'll be going camping, so if I don't publish anything within 7 days od the day after tomorrow, it's most likely because I don't have service. :)

Love you all

Have a great day/night my friends!💙💜🤍💜💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 1.2K 21
Tommy is in the foster system. No one has kept him for more than a month. He thinks it's because he is the problem. But Phil wants to show him that i...
71K 2.7K 10
Wilbur and Techno were adopted by Phil at 1 year old, basically making Phil their real father, soon they found Tommy and Tubbo in the foster care sys...
7.6K 230 32
Tommy is a broken, depressed teen struggling with addiction after his horrid life in the adoption system. He's adopted by the Watsons and his life ta...
144K 4.4K 38
Tommy had a tough past that led him to never opening up and trusting people. So when he gets adopted and taken away from the orphanage, he starts to...