Lost Devotion

Von butterflyeffect1x

⚠️ Story on hold ⚠️ "He is the lost devotion I needed to find to get lost in." An F1 romance. The Heart Wants... Mehr

Author Note
Dedication
1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
Apology

2.

1K 31 67
Von butterflyeffect1x

𝐸𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓇

_________________________

The practice day.

Just normal races in which drivers get used to the circuit and the teams get the chance to try new equipment and strategies, all to be ready for the qualifying.

I passed by Olivia's hotel room this morning, made sure she was fine and confirmed to her that there is nothing to worry about, everything is fine. She kept thanking me and told me to say hi to our team and the drivers too. I feel bad a bit for taking her place since it could've helped her improve her position. She said it was fine since it was urgent. It helped me, truly. It was a good chance for me to befriend those drivers. Of course, we weren't that formal yesterday; the drivers and me. We changed hugs, smiles, games, pics, and other things. It's always good to be around them.

To celebrate the beginning of another adventure, I thought about bringing them some snacks and drinks today, not alcohol or beer, of course, they need to stay sober. It's not that much of a thing, I mean most of them can afford better snacks, but I just wanted to do so. They are unhealthy for sure, but once for an internity won't do something wrong, right?

Holding the huge bag in my right hand, I go down the stairs of the paddock slowly, feeling the weight of all the snacks and drinks. As I walk towards the garages, I notice the drivers gathered, chitchatting and laughing together. Their camaraderie is evident, despite the fierce competition they engage in on track. Well, as they say, "Off-track, we are a family, on-track, we race."

"Hey, guys." I greet them. They all turn toward me and greet me with huge smiles and waves, some of them look at the bag in my hand with curiosity. "I've brought some food to celebrate the start of another competition," I answer their questioning looks. They seem happier now, taking the bag from my hand, which I'm thankful for; that bag killed my arm. I stand there watching how content they seem as they take out the packs of chips, energy bars, chocolates, and bottles of soda. Some of them shout out compliments towards me and thank me, which draws a genuine smile for me.

"No thanks guys, it's my pleasure." I receive their gratitude happily, glad to have brightened their day up. I watch Luke and Marcus, an Alfa Romeo driver, argue about who will get the last pack of chips, making me giggle.

"That's inappropriate.." a voice says next to me, causing my laughter to subside. I wish it would be a serial killer who spoke, but it was way worse.

"What's inappropriate about it?" I turn to face big arms and a stern expression belonging to my new friend -note the sarcasm- Rafe. He looks at me disapprovingly, not sharing the jovial mood of the drivers. I ignore his scowl and roll my eyes. Too bad what he thinks doesn't matter, a voice in my head whispers.

"They are sportsmen, such food isn't favorable for them," he declares in a condescending tone as he watches with disapproval as his mates enjoying happily the snacks. I know some people are very particular about their health and fitness, but once in a while won't hurt.

"Don't stop everyone from having it just because you find it ungood for them. They are grown men, don't act like you're the most mature one of them." Rafe's expression doesn't change, but he looks at me with interest. I roll my eyes, he's unbelievable. He hums then smirks, that devilish grin of his plays with my nerves." Do you think your boss would appreciate your behavior in such an important job?" I take a deep breath to control my frustration. "I don't think an act of kindness would jeopardize my job." His grin gets wider, knowing he's getting under my skin. He shrugs and walks away, but makes sure to let me know his thoughts as he says "I'll check that for you and see his reaction."

He leaves for his friends, a smile playing on his lips. I groan inwardly as I feel my blood pressure rising. Such a pain in the ass, I thought to myself as I leave to go look for my team. I meet Jackson halfway, a smile on his face as he hands me a cup of coffee.

"You're okay?" he asks then tastes his coffee, closing his eyes in pleasure. I take a grateful sip of mine before responding, "Yeah, just had a little run-in with Rafe." He raises his eyebrows in surprise, "You two are on the outs already?" I sigh and shake my head, "He just finds his way under my skin."

"Well, he found himself under you just by a simple accident," Jackson jokes, making me annoyed, "Do you want me to shower you with this coffee?" I narrow my eyes and he fakes a poster of fear, stepping back and raising his hands in surrender. I couldn't help but laugh at his antics, him joining me.

"By the way, Mr. Lincoln called; he said he wanted to talk to you." The mood shifts as soon as he mentions my boss. I feel a wave of anxiety wash over me as my mind races to think of any other reason why he would like to talk to me other than my previous problems with Rafe. "Did he say why?" I ask, trying to calm my nerves. Jackson shakes his head, making me even more worried. "Oh crap, this is my end." I hide my face in my palms.

I'm so done right now. The boys should be thankful for having a last-day meal before we never see each other again, unless I spend all my money on paddock passes to see them, which I might not be able to afford if I lose my job

Jackson cups my shoulders and gives me a reassuring squeeze, "Don't worry, if it is what we think it is about, which is for sure true, then you'll just have to explain the situation and see what comes out of it." I sight grateful for his little support. "So what's the program for today? I try to distract myself. If I'm getting fired later today, I might as well enjoy my last moments in my lovely job.

We go throw the schedule together, discussing the tasks at hand for the day. I glance at my watch, realizing we should start if we want to enjoy our lunch break later. I receive my walkie-talkie from Jackson and thank him for his help. Flipping the microphone in my hand, I address the crowd of drivers, "Okay guys, give me some good interviews and let's make this day count!" They cheer in response and the sound pumps me up.

Let's hope everything goes well

_________________________

Everything went as planned; the meetings were good, full of jokes and playful moments. They almost made me forget my issue.

My issue ... I'm fired.

It was 3 p.m., and I had just arrived at this fast restaurant in the middle of the region. They say they make the best sandwiches and burgers, so it's worth trying it. Well, it's worth being my last meal before I lose my job at the end of the day. God, I should find another thing to think about or I'll die from the idea of losing my dream job.

"Hi, can I have..," I look through the menu, trying to choose, "the El Paso sandwich with a Coke, please?" I ask gently the little cashier lady. "Which coke?" She asks, and I note her pretty smile. "A Pepsi," I respond with the same smile as hers, feeling a little bit at ease. "This will be 10 €, please." I nod, going through my bag for my wallet.

"I'll pay." Somebody comes next to me, and I turn around, curious to see who it is. A figure with a cap and a mask covering their face meets my gaze. I wouldn't have known who it was if I didn't know those pair of green eyes.

Luke.

"Puoi aggiungere anche crocchette di pollo con salsa chili, patatine fritte, una Sprite e un gelato alla vaniglia, per favore? Grazie." The little girl nods, adding whatever he asked for to the previous order. I get close to him, not wanting anybody to hear what I'm telling him, "You don't need to pay, I've got money on me, Luke." He shakes it off replying quietly, "It's nothing, don't worry." I don't add anything more, not in the mood to argue. While we waiting for our order, I look around trying to ignore the heat coming from my purse; my phone. I'm sure it's burning from several emails I received from my boss telling me to call him when I finish work and insisting on it. I can already see him scream through the phone, telling me how much he didn't like this, how much he didn't wait for it to come for me, then fire me. That's how it'll go, good to know what's waiting for me so I can get prepared. The sound of our order being called interrupts my thoughts and I turn back to help Luke, thanking the worker before going for one of the empty boots.

"Going in public without security is quite risky," I comment, sitting right across from him. Luke shrugs nonchalantly, opening his nugget box and taking a bite, "Nah, my bodyguard is somewhere around here, waiting for any danger to come." He turns around looking over the restaurant before continuing, "Do you see a huge man with everything black and having a serious look as if a bomb might explode at any time?" I take a quick look around, searching for any man who fits the description, just to notice a bulky, darkly dressed man sitting some booths away from us, his gaze scanning his surroundings as an ice cream stays untouched in front of him. "I've bought that ice cream for him, but he seems to refuse to chill out," I chuckle at his comment, knowing Luke would do anything for anybody, even buying ice cream for his bodyguard.

"So, about Rafe," he starts trying to get my attention, but the ring of my phone interrupts him. I give him an apologetic look before searching through my bag for my phone. I pull it out and check the screen, my smile is back as I read the id. "Sorry, I have to answer this," I excuse myself before swiping to answer the call.

"Hellooo sunshine!" Faith says with a joyful note making me smile. I can't see her face as her phone faces the white ceiling. "Hey, how are you doing?" I say, glad to hear her voice. "You know, Monte Carlo is stuffed. I wish we would mo.."

"You moved to Monaco city?" Luke asks, seeming surprised. I nod, " A few months ago." When I was n contact with Faith last year, she didn't stop talking about how magnificent Monaco City is and convinced me to move there. Luke seems pleased, but also annoyed as he bites his nugget, "Then why haven't you ever visited?"

"You've got a date?" Faith asks, finally holding her phone to her face and grinning widely.

I roll my eyes. "No, it's not a date. I'm on lunch break with a friend." I answer trying to brush off her teasing. Luke gives me a slight smile, and I turn the phone to him. "With all due respect, sir, I don't know who the hell you are." She says with no shame. Luke chuckles and introduces himself, "Call me Luke."

"Luke? like Luke in Purple Hearts?" She asks excitedly, and Luke's smile widens at her comparison. Somebody stop her from always relating everything to that film. "I'm not a soldier apparently, but I can be that Luke." Faith hums with satisfaction, I could her grin through the phone. "Since you know the film, we're fine. I'm Faith, Ele's closest friend, and yeah we live in Monaco." She gains a smile from him. She asks to stay on the line while we finish our lunch, and I look at Luke who nods in agreement, signaling that it's okay with him. put the phone in the right position so she could see both of us.

We're eating together, exchanging topics from time to time. Luke got to know more about my dearest friend. Faith chimed in with her memories and stories of our summer adventures together, making Luke laugh and smile along with her. As I listened to their little talks, I feel grateful who care about me and who are willing to get to know each other. Well, I believe that they are getting along pretty well.

"By the way, what did you do with that Rafe?" At her question, my sandwich suddenly feels bland. I shift a little in my seat, sad that the topic had to come up. Luke notices my discomfort.

"Your boss knows," he says more like a statement than a question. I nod in response siping from my Coke. I can notice how both of their postures show worries. "I'll work things out, don't worry," I reassure them, though I'm the one who needs reassurance the most.

We finish our lunch and get ready to leave. Faith hung up, it's been some minutes; she excused herself telling us she should get back to work. She is a model, a very big one but she's known in some Monegasque and French magazines and clothing lines. She is a very beautiful woman; bright blue eyes, short blonde hair, light skin, and a body to die for. Perfect for magazines front covers and runaway shows.

Luke accompanies me outside, his bodyguard right after us. We approach his sleek black Ferrari parked near the entrance. Luke motions towards it, "Do you need a ride?" I smile at him gratefully and wave off his offer. "I've got my ride." I take out my keys, motioning to my motorcycle. He raises his eyebrows with surprise, "You moved to Monaco and had your dream motorcycle? Ma'am, I should be the one interviewing you, it seems like I don't know you anymore." I laugh at that, him too. "But don't tell me you drive it in low speed," He adds as I wear my helmet, secure it, then start the engine. The roaring sound fills the air, and I could see an impressed expression on Luke's face.

"You know me. High speed is a refuge, not a fear."

_________________________

The Free P2 had ended, it's been half an hour. I let out a sigh as I pack my things to get ready to leave. I inhale deeply, savoring the smell of gasoline and asphalt. I'll miss such scents, I thought to myself, feeling disappointed and nostalgic all at once.

I've never thought I would leave the job I worked for so long and made a name for myself in it this way. I always imagined myself throwing a party and bidding farewell to my colleagues, receiving heartfelt goodbye letters, exchanging contact information and promising to always keep in touch with them. But I never thought that it would come this early, sudden and unexpected. But it's all due to circumstances of my control, all due to a simple mistake that costs me my reputation and my dream.

Blame it all on a dark-haired man who seems to have a devilish smile and a heart the same color as his hair. Couldn't act mature and understanding since it wasn't my fault? Or the only thing he cares about is winning and sabotaging my job? I shake my head in frustration. This man is unbelievable, I mumble under my breath.

"It was a good last day, Miss Lopez."

Speak of the devil.

How can he joke about my dismissal as if it's nothing? But the real question is how can he be this bad? Why is he this mean? Why is he treating me as if I fucking stole his car when I just fell on him by accident? I had Ollie, a childhood friend of mine, steal his mother's marriage ring so we could get married when we were in first grade, but she didn't exaggerate like this asshole. Well, sorry Mrs. Crawford, it was me.

If only work wasn't involved in this, I would've screwed that handsome face of his with punches, his big nose of a witch will be very much bleeding. Then, I'll use whatever chemical reaction I've learned in Chemistry class to burn his skin. Or make him explode, just the way I started a fire in the laboratory in middle school, which actually got the teacher very angry.But apparently, I can't do all that. So I just shut my mouth, I don't have anything left fo say for him.

Or I do.

I prepare myself to leave right after saying what I have. Call me a coward, but I.don't.support.this.man.not.for.a.second.

"I thought the only bad thing S. F. team suffers from is the strategy, apparenlty they have also a dumbass with very bad humor."

_________________________

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

504K 5.6K 110
"Sometimes, love isn't enough" In a world where love traingles, toxic relationships and drama can't seem to leave her alone. Warning: some chapters...
29.2K 701 36
Sydney only ever wanted to attend one F1 Grand Prix. She figured she'd fly over, support her brother in his race, and be on her way. That would have...
25.7K 401 28
Elena Laurier grew up dreaming of one day becoming a Formula 1 racing driver, but in the unfortunate world of today, participating in such a male-dom...
15.7K 430 40
Book 2: Driver Her Insane Series __ F1 AU __ A sequel to Lock-Up. Carlos' decision to leave Ferrari has not been working out well. Ever since the...