Fury and the Night (Rescue Ri...

By TheresaMoyers

Everyone in Huttsgalor believe Night Furies are extinct. Well... they were WRONG. Often mistaken for a femal... More

Chapter one: An Island
Chapter two: Finding the Fury
Chapter three: Lies!
Chapter four: An Emotional Nightmare
Chapter five: Crystals
Chapter six: Wing & Fury
Chapter 7: Really, Cutter? Really?
Chapter 8: Explain Yourself!
Chapter 9: A Normal Day
Chapter 10: Lost In The Maze
Chapter 11: Lost in the Maze part 2
Chapter 13: Mission Fail
Chapter 14: Battle Between Brothers
Chapter 15: Brightest Star
Chapter 16: Riders?
Chapter 17: ❤️Thank You❤️
A/N
Chapter 19: Odinyule part 2
Chapter 20: I Believe I Can Fly!
Chapter 21: Beginning With You
A/N #2
Chapter 12: Family (Rewritten)

Chapter 18: Odinyule

87 8 3
By TheresaMoyers

"Odinyule is here everyone!" Leyla shouted as Dak fell off of his bed.

"Ow!" Dak shouted, landing with a thud. "I'm gonna get you for this, Ley!"

"I like to see you try," Leyla said as she threw a snowball at him. "Aaah!" Dak yelled as the snowball hit him like it was a lump of mud. Dak did a competitive chuckle.

"You're on sis!"

Avery facepalmed herself at the competitive brother-sister challenge. Kira was back in the Rescue Riders but she still ignored Avery, Dak, and Leyla. She glared at Leyla.

"Seriously, they're more annoying than Cutter could ever try to be," Kira muttered. "Me and Shadow will patrol Huttsgalor in case someone tries to break in while we're having fun." Kira said and jumped on Shadow's back and they flew off before Dak could say anything.

Kira looked back at the Roost. She sighed and looked at the scratches Avery gave her years ago on her arm. She wasn't a huge fan of Odinyule because that was when she found out she could talk to dragons. That was her curse. The curse that changed her life for the worse.... But it still had good things to it. She met Shadow, the bestest friend she could ever have. She sighed and rolled up her sleeve. Her bronze hair flew in the wind. She really wanted to get away from Huttsgalor so she wouldn't have to relive the nightmare. She looked at the clouds in front of her, they are snowing. Great, operation: "lock myself in the house for two days" will have to be launched soon. Kira thought sarcastically. She deeply regrets joining the Rescue Riders in the first place. She wasn't even meant to. It was an accident meeting them.

"Kira? Are you okay?" The Nightfury asked worriedly, his blue eyes staring up at her bright green eyes (wonder where she got those from😒)

"I'm fine, Shads, sorry, I just..." She sighed. "I don't enjoy this holiday as much as everyone else does." She confessed.

"Why? It looks like fun." Shadow pointed out to his green-eyed rider as everyone sung carols while readying for the Holiday.

"I used to think so, but..." Kira sighed.

"Listen, Shads, Odinyule is a nightmare to me. I don't have the best past with it. When Dak and Leyla helped with Odinyule, before we met, I locked myself in my room because..." Kira sighed as she continued. "Ten years ago, today, I found out I could speak to dragons. I was happy because I felt unique and rare, but my parents and Avery thought it was weird and different, so they shunned me. They abused me each and everyday, and gave me these," Kira showed Shadow her scars. "So, I did what I thought was right, I locked myself in my room every Odinyule ever since." Kira finished. Shadow was stunned by her story.

"Kira, it's okay," Shadow comforted, smiling encouragingly. "Your parents are gone. Avery is a Rescue Rider. Why would Dak and Leyla let her be on the team if she was still bad? Maybe she loves you. Just give her a second chance. She did give one to you."

That's right... Kira realized. She tried to explain herself... I couldn't listen... I was blinded by hatred and rage...she sighed.

"You're right, Shads," Kira agreed, "I was so stupid... I was like Cutter."

"Whoa whoa whoa that's going too far, Cutter... um, Cutter... how do I say this nicely? He's uh.." Shadow trailed off. "Um... he's boastful."

Kira laughed. "Great way to describe Cutter. Let me down. I got a sister to apologize to."

———

Once Kira left, not letting him say something, he groaned, frustrated.

"C'mon, Rescue Riders, let's go." Dak shouted and they left to help Huttsgalor prepare for the holidays.

They did that for five hours, within that five hours, Magnus built something that went absolutely haywire, and they were done preparing for the holidays.

Then they noticed Shadow and Kira landing. Winger nuzzled Shadow.

"Nice job on the decorations." Kira told Dak. "Thanks, Kira," Dak said. "Where's Avery?" Kira asked.

"Over there with Moonshine." Dak told her.

"Okay," Kira said and kissed Dak on the cheek. "Thanks." And ran off, with him speechless and as red as Aggro, only able to look at the general direction where she ran off to.

"Hey, Avery?..." Kira shouted. "Hey, Kira." Avery greeted.

"I'm sorry for giving you the cold shoulder. I just thought you were still the you I knew before I met Dak, Leyla, and Shadow. Now I realized you have changed and... I'm sorry." Kira apologized to her sister.

"I should be saying that. I abused you and gave you scars. I know why you gave me the cold shoulder, and I'm sorry, Kira, I never should've done that to you." Avery apologized.

"And I forgive you... only if you forgive me." Kira replied.

"I forgive you," Avery said.

"Sisters?" Kira asked.

"Sisters." Avery replied and they hugged each other.

Shadow and Moonshine looked at each other and smiled. They looked back at the sisterly moment.

"Besides, I can't keep a grudge against you forever." Kira said. "Otherwise, I'll end up like our great grandfather, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III."

"Kira Adventurous Haddock, do NOT pull a Snotlout Jorgensen on me, Please." Avery said.

"Well, I'm sorry, Avery Stupendous Haddock, are we calling each other by our full names now?" Kira joked.

"I didn't take you for the Joke type Kira." Avery recalled.

"Hey, everyone changes, don't they?"

"I guess they do," Avery replied. They laughed and once again hugged. Then Kira pulled away.

"I got some friendships to fix... be right back."

Kira jumped on Shadow and flew off. She went to Dak and Leyla, who looked at her.

"I'm sorry for giving you both the cold shoulder, none of you deserved it, so... I'm sorry..." Kira apologized. Dak smiled.

"We forgive you," dak said as they did a group hug. Summer, Winger, and Shadow looked at each other.

Leyla looked up. She pointed upwards and there was a mistletoe above Dak and Kira.

Winger and Shadow smiled at each other and nuzzled each other.

"So, uh... what's that doing there?!?" Dak shouted.

Cutter and Burple pushed them to each other and they accidentally kissed. They were shocked, and embarrassed.

They were blushing at each other, and then pushed each other away. "Um... sorry." Kira apologized.

"That's okay... hah... um.... I should go help Astrid with the decorations...?" Dak said, embarrassed.

"I should go check on the nightlights... ummm..." Kira said.

"Yeah, umm..."

"SO. BYE." Kira said, eager to leave.

"Bye." Dak said as Kira left. She's amazing... Dak thought.

So here we go! The end of Chapter 18! I will be going to my dad's house today so it may take a while to write Chapter 19 as I will be back Sunday. Before you ask, yes my parents are divorced (that's like a basic fact to me ;-;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.6K 3.2K 35
(Complete) When Hiccup and the others are on a mission to free dragons from dragon hunters, they encounter something they never thought they would. A...
1.8K 53 49
The Rescue Riders are returning Chief Duggard to his village on Huttgalor when they encounter the resident dragons. Powerful and very wild, these Swi...
319K 6.8K 16
You are (y/n) a mysterious Dragon rider who spends your time traveling with your Night Fury, Midnight. What will happen when you meet other dragon ri...
85.6K 1.6K 22
! Set In Race To The Edge ! Y/N Jorgenson had went missing long ago during the ages where dragons where hated by every Berkian, after Y/n's disappear...