Pretty Virgin Rhodes (STRICTL...

By smil3_books

'Where Roses Grow' - π™π™ƒπ™Šπ˜Ώπ™€π™Ž Never mix business with pleasure, they say. Never date a rich man, they say... More

PRETTY VIRGIN RHODES - don't skip
1. Meeting the CEO
2. The Skirt That Seeks Attention Unknowingly
3. Throwback on a B*tch
4. Doing Him A Favor
5. Am I Getting Fired? *cries*
6. That Red Dress
8. Gulf Was Never My Thing
9. Roses Brought Back Memories
10. Misinterpretation
11. Whiskey Makes You Do Crazy Things
12. Whisky Numbs Pain
13. The Night It Begun - Part One
14. The Night It Begun: Part Two
15. Take Me Somewhere
16. Small Things, Big Memories
17. 24 Hours to Make You Fall for Me
18. Jealously at its Peak
19. How to be a Fake Girlfriend
20. Pretty Feet
21. Wild Imaginations
22. Be My Date
23. Dine, Wet and Feelings
24. The Photos
25. Don't Hate the Game, Hate the Player
26. Soft Kiss in a Car Park Theatre
27. His Little Secret
28. Sit on the Desk and Look at Me
29. Blair Never Gave Up
30. Have to Let You Go
31. Three Days Alone with my Ex-Boss
32. Day One - Nasty, Nasty
33. Day Two - Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes
34. Closure

7. My Boss & His Morals

86 11 2
By smil3_books

~ F†ck Standards. If We-Vibe, We-Vibe ~

The launch was today. I don't think I had enough planned for today. Other than meeting with Athena about the wedding and seeing what was taking place. I was launching a new studio. You have heard about it some time ago. I wasn't seeing Eleanor. She had work this morning and she hasn't called in or anything.

I had no idea what happened last night. The fact that it happened so quickly and that my head was in the clouds as a result of the small amount of alcohol I had consumed. That could have been the cause of what happened last night. I'm going to take you back to that night. 

I was on an important call. I had to get away from all the enthusiasm and Athena. She had been on my nerves the entire time I was at the party. She didn't even give me the time of day to just bask in the celebration. Instead of nagging me, she could at least be more adoring and calm. All she ever did was complained about how much she doesn't like any female around me making hits. It got ancient and disturbing.

"Yes, we need to set that up. In this case, we can advance and then contact you for a symposium," the person on the line said to me. With the phone pressed against my ears, I saw Eleanor just coming from the bathroom.

I locked my gaze on her. I didn't know how to express my emotions because I didn't want to. Emotions were for the weak, and it taught me how to be strong. My gaze was drawn to the slit in her dress that exposed her leg. She appeared to be very well-made. The color red was a hot color, not because it was my favorite, but because the way it looked on her curves made her body stand out. 

She looked down and walked briskly, trying to pass me but I grasped her arm not knowing how my hand did that. What was I doing?

I took the phone from my ear and hung up.

"W-what are you doing?" she stuttered. I didn't know what I just did but I only knew this woman for a month and I didn't know what was messing with my head.

"You look lovely."

She looked shocked. Like a little disbelief and shock, "I uh... not sure how to respond to that."

"You could express gratitude," I told her. She was certainly captivating. And, despite only knowing her for a month, I admired her dedication. I knew her as an assistant type-a filth.

"Well, thank you."

I didn't know what to say to her. I was dumbfounded. I didn't generally know what to say to her but I thought of the one thing that popped inside my head.

I loosened her wrist and turned to face her directly, "I want you to write a survey of questions and send them out tomorrow," I said, releasing her wrist. "You're clever enough to think of a few questions."

"Yes, I can, but I have to get going. Blair is waiting for me, and I don't want your fiancée getting all worked up in my stomach. She would change the air we both breathe if she could. So it's best if we don't be lonely places."

Blair? Blair is fantastic. It was none of my business that I knew what Blair was capable of. And I knew Athena could make things difficult for people, which irritates me at times. She can be a pain at times, and it was getting to my head.

I remained silent as I read her facial expressions. She was waiting for me to respond, but I didn't. She walked away with her brow furrowed. Blair was therefore close to her. The only question was, HOW close was he to my assistant? 

Though I wasn't seeing her at work, that incident occurred last night. I considered calling her as I reached for the phone sitting on my desk. Not at all...I wasn't supposed to call her. The person who ought to call in was her. The decision of whether or not to call her eluded me. I put my hand on the phone. I sat up a little straighter when I heard a light knock on my door.

After clearing my throat, I said, "Come in."

Eleanor emerged as the door slowly opened. Since she almost fell over nothing, she felt a little embarrassed. "Good morning, Mr. Bezos," she said as she walked toward my desk and shut the door behind her. "I apologize again for the delay. You know I don't own a car, but there was this huge traffic jam." She went on to say, "I had a bad morning and I didn't even get my coffee."

I only knew that she piqued my interest more than what she had to say. I wasn't interested in her in the sense that I would date her because I already had a fiancée. My unsettling fiancé. "You may now end your rambling. It's becoming irritating," I said to her. 

 She abruptly stopped and said, "Sorry about that. Simply put, I hate being late, and this is the first time I've ever been late. "

"It's not the end of the world. Don't be late often. It ruins your reputation here. Note that?"

"Noted. I'll start working on the surveys right away," she turned her back to walk away.

"Eleanor..." I called her. Wait. I called her Eleanor. My head was way too up my ass. I never called anyone their first name at work except Blair.

She stopped in her tracks, "Yes, Mr. Bezos," she turned around slowly.

"About last night, it shouldn't have happened."

She croaked, "That's fine. It was nothing."

"You can go now."

She nodded and left my office immediately.

I needed to clear my head. I needed to launch the new studio in about two hours. I'll be hosting a gathering in the auditorium prior to the launch to discuss it. Since Athena would soon become my wife and be entitled to be in anything that contained me, she would be there. 

In case you were unaware, Athena is a guest; she does not work here. She stayed at home, went out with friends, went shopping, and did all the other things that women do since I made the money. Since she began dating me, she has never worked a day in her life. 

I can't stop thinking about it. I don't want to believe that perhaps he was just beginning to notice me when he called me Eleanor. He was a suck-up man who didn't give a damn. The fact that he called me by my first name doesn't necessarily imply that he was friendly. The clouds covered my head completely. 

I was about halfway through my work. I heard over the intercom that we should all meet in the auditorium for the studio's new launch. I'm hoping this doesn't take up all of my time. I dragged my feet to the elevator and went down to the auditorium, despite a minor headache. Surprisingly, the room was filling up. Blair, my only friend, came into view. I sat down next to him and smiled to be friendly. 

"The opening of the brand-new studio. Do we have to all be here for this?" I queried.

"Let's just say that Mr. Bezos enjoyed trying new things."

"What's going to happen? Rich people will be talking about the launch and all that stuff as usual."

He chuckled, "Yes, something like that."

We had a seat in the center of the crowd. The moment Mr. Bezos entered the room, the room fell silent. He had a microphone in his hand, and Athena and a few other employees were standing next to him. 

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen," he shrugged as he began his speech. "It's a pleasure to have you all here for something as important and valuable as the opening of our new studio..." he continued.

"So, what are you doing this evening?" Blair nudged me in the side.

"Make love to my bed," I said quietly. "This entire project has been stressful for me. I need some beauty sleep."

"Why don't I come over instead? We could keep watching movies until our eyes hurt. I swear, no freaky shit." 

"We have work in the morning. I don't know about that."

"How about on your day off?"

"Don't push it," I hoped I wasn't being edgy but I didn't like the idea of people visiting my house. Soph and my parents were the only persons I authorized inside my home. I guess I was a bit overprotective.

"Fine. Guess we can, some other time. If you ever feel uncomfortable you could tell me," his voice changed.

"I am not okay, I just have my reasons."

"I understand," he said.

Mr. Bezos continued the launch speech, and I was finally able to leave to finish my work. I said my goodbyes to Blair and returned to my office. Inside my office, I noticed Mr. Bezos leafing through some papers on my desk. 

"You're in my office," I said.

He leaned back in my chair with his hands crossed, "I come by whenever I feel like it."

"What do you want Mr. Bezos?"

He stared at me from top to bottom, head to toe, "Have you played golf before?"

"Golf? Once or maybe twice but I suck at it."

"I have a golf game to play with one of the biggest business owners in the city. I need you to come with me. The only difference is, it is on your day off and you work double."

The perks of being an assistant. When would I rest? But the money was excellent. Especially since I could save and invest in something. Something of my own.

"Am I able to choose?" I pulled on the skirt that was riding up my bare legs, thinking, "I guess I already know the answer to that." 

His eyes traveled down to my legs, "You shouldn't be wearing that if it bothers you so much."

I cleared my throat, "Excuse me?"

"You're excused," he said with agony, "...you keep pulling that down. Might as well take it off."

My mouth dropped wide. I didn't know what to say or how to react but I tried to say something, "Please be professional."

"How am I not being professional?"

"I..." I paused, "what's your problem?"

"I don't have one. I was just giving my assistant some advice because she needs it."

He was getting on my last nerves but I needed to remember that he was my boss and I had to respect that. To me, it seemed as if he was playing mind games with me and I didn't like it.

"I guess I'll dine on that advice, absorb it and shit it out because I don't need it. And who told you I was uncomfortable? The type of fabric that made this skirt allows it to ride up and I can't bypass that. How about you buy me some that are mopping the floor, Amir."

Screw me. My mouth was moving so quickly that I only realized what I had just said. For the first time, I addressed my boss by his first name, emphasizing it. I'm completely fired.

With a cold glare on his face, he rose from his seat. My legs began to shake as he approached, and I was f*cked in every hole possible.

He stood directly in front of me, so close that I could feel his breath on my nose as he stared me down. I could feel the presence and it terrified me. His eyes bore into mine, unblinking and intense, sending shivers down my spine. I could sense the power he held over me, making me feel small and vulnerable in his gaze.

"Now tell me how I should punish you for your disrespect."

I didn't respond. But when his breath touched my nose, it tickled, and I couldn't stop laughing.

"You're passing your place with me, Ms. Valdanger, and I'm starting to think you're making it a habit," he spat. "Do you have any idea what I do to assistants like you?"

I kept my mouth shut. What exactly did he mean by "assistants like me"?

"So you're mute?"

"You've got a fiancée, and you're in my face." "Big boss, take a step back."

"You're walking a fine line, Ms. Valdanger," he smirked. "I know exactly what I'm going to do with you."

I hoped this chapter didn't have you waiting too long. Thank you so much for making it to the 7th chapter. It has been great having you here and it's a splendid opportunity. Please remember to drop a vote and comment. We are almost at 200 reads and I couldn't have done it without you.

with love, Krystal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 2.2K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
1.9K 146 20
Do you believe in fate? Azalea Taylor, who lost her job due to her stubbornness, was searching for a new job when her best friend suggested one to he...
2.1M 11.7K 12
"You have no fucking idea how long I've been wanting to do this." He started with my heals as he kneeled between my legs. He removed the right one fi...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...