Drarry- It Was All Just a Gam...

By Write_me227

When Draco comes up with an idea to mess with Harry during the Triwizard Tournament, will he be the one who w... More

Before you get started (OG)...
Prologue
Chapter 1- The Idea
Chapter 2- The Plan
Chapter 3- The Encounter
Chapter 4- The Hints
Chapter 5- The Task
Chapter 7- Falling for the Slytherin
Chapter 8- The Yule Ball
Chapter 9- Detention
Chapter 10- The Second Task
Chapter 11- The Real First Date
Chapter 12- Hiding
Chapter 13- Roller Coaster
Chapter 14- The Final Task
Chapter 15- This Isn't Goodbye
Chapter 16- The Rest of the Year
Chapter 17- Missing Him
Chapter 18- Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 19- Dolores Umbridge and the Missed Date
Chapter 20- The Dreams
Chapter 21- Quidditch
Chapter 22- Dreamless Sleep
Chapter 23- Why is it So Hard
Chapter 24- The Bet
Chapter 25- The Unexpected Kiss
Chapter 26- Finding Out
Chapter 27- The One Year Anniversary
Chapter 28- Occlumency
Chapter 29- You or Nothing Else
Chapter 30- Caught
Chapter 31-A Sleepover
Chapter 32- The Library
Chapter 33- To Feel Safe
Chapter 34- Draco's Birthday
Chapter 35- Hiding His Heart
Chapter 36- Liquid Luck
Chapter 37- Coward
Chapter 38- The Misson
Chapter 39- Slipping Away
Chapter 40- Our Last Paradise
Chapter 41- Mad
Chapter 42- The Truth Behind the Sleeve
Chapter 43- Cope
Chapter 44- Hope Shattered
Chapter 45- Death
Chapter 46- The Long and Boring Adventures of 7th Year
Chapter 47- Malfoy Manor
Chapter 48- War
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 50- The Morning After
Chapter 51- A Blooming Idea
Chapter 52- Stolen
Chapter 53- Burn
Chapter 54- The Trial
Chapter 55- The Breakdown
Chapter 56- Backwards
Chapter 57- The Professor
Chapter 58- ...Friends?
Chapter 59- Best Friends, Never Lovers
Chapter 60- And It All Came Crashing Down
Chapter 61- The Hospital Wing
Chapter 62- The Fight
Chapter 63- The Ball
Chapter 64- A Sour Goodbye
AUTHOR'S NOTE (65)
Chapter 65- The Aftermath
Chapter 66- A Rose
Chapter 67- Together at Last
Chapter 68- The Other Party
Chapter 69- Pure Evidence
Chapter 70- Detention With the Devil
Chapter 71- The Show
Chapter 72- The Gryffindorks
Chapter 73- Christmas
Chapter 74- A Morning's Disturbance
Chapter 75- The Interview
Chapter 76- Promises
Epilogue

Chapter 6- The First Date

133K 4.8K 30.6K
By Write_me227

"PANSY!" 

Footsteps paraded through the Slytherin bedroom hallway. "What?" She rushed Into the room to see an angry Draco staring down at the clothes that she had picked out for his date with Potter.

"There is no way in hell I'm wearing this!" Draco looked at the two pairs of clothing that was splayed across his bed. There was a fancy suit made of the finest of silk. "Potter is... he's barberic! And that's my nicest suit! You think I'm going to want to impress him?"

"Well try the other one," Pansy rolled her eyes, realizing it wasn't an emergency. On the other hand, there was a grey t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans. 

"Where did you even get that?" Draco gagged and pointed at the audacity of the sloppy clothing.

"I just wanted a place to start," Pansy shouted.

"A place to start? Potter will think I'm some muggle and that I have no class and he will think I'm-"

"Why do you even care what he thinks, Draco? It's a fake date."

"It's not Potter I'm worried about, It's my pride. I want to represent myself with elegance. And for the record I don't give two bollocks on what he thinks."

Pansy just pointed to the second ensemble. Draco just stared at the clothing with a mocking face.

"You honestly think that wearing the most expensive thing I have is going to impress Potter? Are you mental? He's going to feel terrible! He's a peasant and I'm a heir! You do know if my father ever heard about this, I would be slaughtered." His voice cracked at the end of that statement. 

"Oh please, he won't find out," she leant her hip against the doorframe. Pansy just continued to stare at him as if he were an moron. It gave Draco an unconfortable pit in his stomach and Draco really doesn't like feeling uncomfortable. Eventually the anger began to knaw at him until he snapped in half.

"What" he snapped. She just rolled her eyes and smirked until she broke out into a few giggles.

"You're over thinking it. You need to think like a girl." She said simply. Draco just looked at her as if she was a insane.

"Wouldn't thinking like a girl make things worse?"

"Girls are brilliant, absolutely not. What would you do if you had two pairs of clothing: one too fancy, one too sloppy, and needed to form them into a casual attire?"

He continued to stare but his face lightened up a bit. Knowing she had a plan was always comforting. Again with the lack of speech, she answered for him.

"Are you not a wizard? Think for Merlin's sake."

"Pansy, I don't date. I haven't dated!" He scoffed and she took the silence as a 'I'm dumb, please explain this to me,' moment.

"You morph them together!"

"Excellent... Pansy how do we do that without ruining both? I'm not going to destroy my best piece of clothing for that insolent goof-face, Potter."

"Oh stop putting your knickers in a twist." She turned to the bed and began mumbling words that he  didn't recognize. It wasn't a few seconds before the two horrific choices were morphed into one classy outfit.

The top was a green, long sleeved dress shirt with cuffs at the end. Draco found that a little dressy for the occasion but it would have to. Better than a t-shirt that's for sure. The pants were a deep grey which was very classy, but casual and really tied the whole thing together.

"Pansy! It's perfect!" He said thinking he was going on an amazing date with a beautiful girl, but then reality hit and he was being set up with the scar-headed golden boy.

"Thank you very much. Now you need to supply food. You need to take care of him and make him feel good. I knew you were too selfish to do that so I got a picnic basket for you an-"

"Pansy! What the hell? This isn't real. I don't care about him. I'm just doing this to make you and everybody laugh at the embarrassment when this is all over. And when I get a wife I will treat her as a queen and we will live happily ever after. Do you really think I'm that selfish?" His confidence turned into almost hurt.

"No of course not. For Potter you are. You need to make everything believable. Sit closer to him. Brush his hand once or twice. Hug him goodbye!"

"Hug him goodbye? Hug him goodbye! Am I a Hufflepuff, Pansy! Have you no sense of Gryffindor-Slytherin Rivalry?"

"If you had any sense of rivalry, you wouldn't be going on a date with "Harry-King-Of-Gryffindor-Head-Lion- Potter."

"This is different," Draco scoffed, "This is screwing with Gryffindors. It's not dating if it's fake."  

"But it should seem real!"

"Pansy, I know."

"Maybe you should hold hands or perhaps-"

"Don't you dare suggest kissing him. That's out of the question," he bit. He let out a shaky breath at the nervous thought of even touching his hand let alone hugging him goodbye. "My first kiss will not be with Saint Potter." 

She gestured him to sit down by the vanity so she could magically set each strand of blonde hair into the most flawless place.

"Would you relax, it won't be. This trick won't even get that far. It's not like he's going to be head over hears, ask to marry you and envision you two living together," she said, brushing his locks with her fingers as Draco gagged, "It's just enough to hurt. Besides, why do you even care about your first kiss?"

"Because," Draco started, not really knowing where he was going with it, "it's... I don't know... it's your first one. It has to be perfect or else you're pride is damaged..."

"I very much doubt that," Pansy stroked his hair. "Just don't worry about that yet, and worry about Potter. You need to remember that you two are on a date and that you fancy him, and you need to hint at it. I'm not saying to press every inch of your body together and grope him. Just your arms and chest. Go for five seconds. That's five seconds. You can survive that! Try not to be such a prat. Listen to him. Understand him. Make him fall for you. Understand?"

She finished with a flick of her wand and his hair was perfect. He went into the bathroom to change and came out looking stunning. Any girl would faint at his standing point but no, he had to be with stupid Potter.

Pansy looked at him in one glance and smirked.

"Excellent. Now remember! Make contact with him..." And she explained what else she choreographed for Draco to do while she pushed him out the door and escorted him down to the lake where she would view from afar behind a tree. She helped him set up the blanket and the basket from the picnic. When Potter came she ran behind and elder oak and whispered one last reminder to Draco: body contact.

All he did was roll his eyes and await the hell that was about to greet him. 

--------------------------------------

"You actually showed up," Harry said nervously, biting his lip. Draco did look rather ravishing with his emerald shirt that hugged him ever so perfectly. His pants were also lovely embracing every curve the boy held. Harry tried not to let that throw him off, and he felt his wand in his pocket, ready to draw it for any hexes coming his way.

"I invited you didn't I," Draco said smoothly.

"You also invited me at a dule in first year but I ended up being caught while you didn't show up," Harry bit. Draco expected what he saw but didn't really mind because Harry pulled it off so well.

"Oh.. right," Draco looked at the floor," I.. I was a prat. I'm sorry about that."

"I don't mean to be rude or anything but why are we here, and why are you apologizing for being a prat? You love being a prat, hell, you love being a prat to me?"

"I... I don't have an answer for you... I don't," Draco gulped, "I don't really know why. I can't explain it," he looked off into the lake. "We've grown, times have changed. We have," he put his hands in his pockets and bit his lip.

Harry eyed him silently and took a deep breath. "Where are we going? Will anyone be able to see us?"

"Just over there and no we won't be seen," Draco was taken aback. "Why? You don't trust me?"

"You've never given me a reason to."

"Listen Potter, I know you aren't ecstatic to be with me and all but I would rather not get caught. The punishments would be intolerable."

"What do you mean by punishments? You aren't going to hex me are you?" He stepped back a little farther, ready to make a run for it.

"Oh. You're nervous about me cursing you. Fine, if it makes you that more comfortable," he reached into his pocket, "take my wand." He crooked his face to one side. It was nice have the knowledge that Harry Potter was afraid of him.

"What?"

"You heard me, take it!" Harry eyed him before taking the wand. 

"Come on, lets go." Draco said holding out his arm. But Harry just stared at it., eyes wide. He was didn't know what was scarier: Draco giving him his own wand, or Draco actually being somewhat tolerable to him.

"Go on I'm not going to bite. This is a real date. I promise." But that was a lie. It was planned, a joke,  complete hi-jinks.

Harry finally took his arm and it felt so comfortable to do so. It was firm, but soft, and he could smell Draco's cologne easily. It was like they were a perfect fit, it felt so comfortable, in fact it felt extremely comfortable, as if he belonged attached to it forever. 

Harry grew jealous of the way that Draco walked. He seemed to float whilst Harry stepped like a baboon.

Harry turned to look at him only to receive a charming smile and Harry drunk in the appearance of Draco's relaxed face. He was genuinely handsome as his features weren't pointed as they were when he was in his continuous smirk. No, they were definitely softened that's for sure.

Draco's forehead ratioed utterly with the rest of his face. His eye brows were trimmed but Harry couldn't speculate any sign of if he got them waxed or plucked or anything that would result as stunning as that. Next Harry moved to his nose, which was not as pointed as it was when he was sneering at other students.

Finally his eyes. They were a sea of silver not disrupted by anything but the black circle staring right back at him.

But then the petal pink lips that Harry purposely tried to avoid was his new target. All he could do is look into the gorgeously designed structure of his lips. But they continued to move and Harry couldn't hear anything.

Harry concluded he was purely pristine, goregous, beatiful, and just stared and stared and stared until *snap*

Draco flicked his fingers together again and Harry was out of the trance.

"Having a problem, Potter," he smirked. Harry just turned red and looked anywhere but into his eyes. But it was a difficult task because they were so close. "We're here."

Harry looked down to see a green blanket and a dark wooded basket along the edge of the water. He released and sat down across from Draco.

The blonde pulled out two sandwiches and some pumpkin pastes. Along with some water and a rose, it was surprising for both boys. The two ate in uncomfortable silence. They looked off into the distance admiring the beauty of the place.

It wasn't until Draco picked up a tart when Harry asked a question.

"Why did you ask me out on a date?" Curiosity dripped from the words.

"Well, erm I wanted to get to know the real you. Not the Harry Potter that everyone says they know." Draco looked away, a smirking, He was proud he thought of something so deep.

"Oh..," Harry said awkwardly, "Wow...that's never happened to me before." He lay on his arms and splayed his legs from the criss cross position he had them in before.

"Really?" At this Draco was more interested in. "You don't you like the attention?"

"No of course I don't! It's the same reason why you wanted to see me tonight. No one cares about me, they just care about Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, the one who defeated Voldemort too many times."

"You aren't afraid to say his name?"

"No I'm not." Harry said matter-o-factly. There was a small silence different from before. It lay heavy on Draco's chest that maybe Potter wasn't a show off git.

"So what did you do before Hogwarts?" Draco's genuine curiosity was biting at him.

"I lived with my aunt and uncle but that's even worse than Voldemort to be quite honest to you." Draco looked baffled. Harry continued, "My uncle aunt and cousin... They aren't the best. Let's just put it that way."

"How so?" Draco finally turned to him meeting the other boy's eye.

"They...they hate magic," Harry stated.

"Hate magic! What kind of wizards are they?"

"That's the thing: they aren't. They're muggles."

"Oh."

"They thought it was wierd, in fact they like being muggles."

"Who could ever like being a muggle," Draco asked, although he didn't mean to say it as snobbish as he meant it.

They both looked away for a second to admire the sunset. It had to of been 6 or 7 o' clock.

"Huh, that's wierd," Harry said more to himself. 

"What?"

"It's just, no one has ever asked about my family besides my parents, you know. No one has ever wanted to know." Draco was silent. "So enough about me. What about you?"  

"Well, I mean there isn't much to tell."

"Oh come on there has to be something!" Harry sat up and faced Draco now, and Draco copied.

"Well I was born into a pure blooded fami-" he stopped because a pile of leaves were thrown at him.

"What was that for?" He broke out into something that wasn't a smirk, something so foreign to him, while Harry laughed. The laugh coming from Harry's throat was like Angels singing to Draco's ears. There wasn't anything in the world that would make that note more beautiful.

"Well first of all I know that, second of all I don't care, and third of all boring," Harry said, amused. Draco's mouth hung open. "Oh come on, Malfoy, get a little personal. What did you do as a pass time?" Harry  scooted a few more inches to Draco, and Draco didn't seem to mind.

"Wel,l I liked to read."

"Okay go back to your family history that's even worse!"

"Ha-ha, funny. Think you're so clever, Potter! But seriously I only read. That's all my family allowed me to do, besides practice Quidditch. Are you happy now, I have my hobbies and my family history wrapped into one statement."

"Yes I am. So, done with the boring stuff," Harry got enthusiastic, "who is your favorite seeker?"

"You." Harry blushed a little but saw through the lie.

"I'm flattered and all but seriously who?"

"You! And in second, Victor Krum."

"There is no way I could ever beat Krum!"

"I believe you can," Draco lied, and lied well.

"No way!

"Yes way!"

A bug flew up Harry's nose causing him to sneeze. His round glasses flew off of him and into the grass beside him.

"Where are my glasses? I can't see!"

"Hold on, I've got them."

They were in between Harry'a arm and Harry's thigh on his left side in the grass. Draco reached over, not giving a second thought to it and grabbed the spectacles, brushing his hand in the process. The same feeling went through them as they touched, causing them both to freeze all over. 

"Did you erm... Did you get them?" Harry's voice cracked.

"Yeah, yeah I did." Draco swallowed and put on Harry's glasses, only to be drown into the ocean of emerald. Harry inhabited the most beautiful irises in the world. Not only were there green, but also microscopic speckles of brown and yellow, only to be seen when up close. Harry was lost in Draco's eyes as well when suddenly a crack came from the forest. They both turned their heads towards the group of trees but Draco nervously covered it up.

"Probably just the wind,"  he said, and Harry turned back to Draco. It would be horrific for the plan to end now. Things were going so well. "I didn't know your eyes were green."

"Erm, yeah, they have been since I was born," Harry bit his lip awkwardly. Draco snorted.

"Since you're so into flying, why don't we go on my broom, I um... Brought it with me."

"S-sure," he hesitantly said.

They walked up to the tree in which held Harry's firebolt.

Harry swung his legs over the front part, leaving room for Draco by the tail.

"Well come on then!" Draco was still standing 3 yards away from the broom. "Yes I only got one broom, I'm not that rich. Now hop on!"

Draco obeyed and went on the tail.

"Um, Draco, you're going to have to hold on to me if you don't want to fall off."

"Right... Wait you just called me Draco!"

"That's your name isn't it?"

Draco bit his lip to keep from.. what ever they called it that wasn't smriking. Harry kicked off the ground and went straight upward at a 70 degree angle. All either of them could hear was Draco's screams jumping from his mouth as Harry flew upside down and did a barrel roll. Harry continued to go faster and did a loop-de-loop then he too started to shout. Draco held on tighter Harry and it felt so right to; he didn't care what direction he went in for he knew he was safe in Harry's grasp.

All of a sudden Harry flew upwards at a 90 degree angle and the woo's coming from Draco's mouth were now penetrating shrieks replaced by the wind. They went so high that if they looked down they could see the tip of the top of the highest tower. 

It seemed like miles until they stopped. And Draco understood why. The sun had almost set, only the very tip was visible and stars had come out. They were above the clouds.

"This is incredible, Potter," Draco exclaimed, resting his head on Harry's shoulder. Harry tipped his head so that his neck formed to Draco's skull. His hair was so soft and smelled like wind and a small scent of cucumber.

The sun had just set behind the earth and darkness surrounded the boys, what felt like hours later, when they decided to head back down.

"Ready," Harry broke the silence.  

All he felt was the head move forward and back once on his shoulder and he took off. It wasn't until they were halfway down until Draco realized what he was doing. He lifted his head off of Harry only leaving him wanting to stay there.

'Draco, you idiot! You are supposed to make him fall for you not the other way around! And what man are you? He's taking you on a broomstick ride and you're just sitting on the back like a lost puppy! You're the care-giver the relatio- WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?'

They finally reached the ground and jumped off the broom.

"Thank you, Potter," Draco put his mask on again, the objective in sight, "It was um.. It was fun!"

"Thanks! I had a wonderful time! We should do this again," Harry smiled, and Draco found he didn't mind his smile.

"I agree," Draco nodded.Harry started to walk away but then turned around.

"I forgot to give you your wand," he said still smiling like an idiot. He reached into his pocket to find the wand that belonged to the Slytherin.

Draco dipped his head as Harry headed towards the castle, but Draco stopped him by grabbing his arm. 'Hug him!' Pansy shouted in his brain. He spun Harry around and wrapped his arms around him only so that their chests were touching. Harry didn't react at first but then slabbed his arm around Draco as well. It felt.... weird. 

The blonde mentally counted 1...2...3...4...5 and he released.

Harry pulled back also and looked into Draco's silver irises. They started walking up to the castle together.

"When would you like to do this again," Harry asked.

"Oh- erm.. I'm fine with whenever you're free. I can make time."

All Harry did was smile. They reached the castle doors.

"I'll owl you. Good night, Draco."

"Don't you dare call me that in front of anyone or I swear I'll hex you, prat. Goodnight Potter."

"Goodnight, Malfoy" he emphasized the name.

And the both walked separate ways, both smiling like idiots, that is until Draco turned the corner and his genuine smile turned into an evil smirk, satisfied with how easy this was to be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 771 31
Hermione x Male Reader This contains Mental Illness and addiction so please be careful reading this! Y/N is a depressed mess of a student who made th...
152 11 10
Deux Visages: Two faced When it was announced that the Triwizard tournament was taking place and Beauxbatons Acadamy for Magic was invited to partici...
923 35 10
Draco Malfoy, a former death eater has returned to Hogwarts for the added 8th year, he has been struggling with coping after the war. When accouterin...
35.2K 1.4K 38
When Harry returns to Hogwarts after the war to complete his 7th year, he wants revenge. Draco Malfoy also returns and Harry has a plan. But the wiza...