Monster High: A New Start (Ma...

By Morning_Blankets

Y/N Van Helsing is the adopted nephew to the world famous monster hunter Vincent Van Helsing. However, neithe... More

A Spooky Start
First Day Freights
Here Comes Cupid
Necromalcy
New Ghoul
Disassembly
Strange Situations
M.A.L.L.
Dastardly Discoveries
Bad Gets Worse
Creepy Crybrary
Homecoffin
Freightful Friends
Dreadful Director
Insidious Interviews
Spine-Chilling Sabotage
Silver Scream
Freight or Fight
Hunting Humans
Hiding in Horror
Phantom Phone Syndrome
Soulful Search
Moody Mooncycle
Monster Mash
Ragged Regrets
(After)Life
Boo-tiful Music
Sinema
Terror On The Tracks
Abominable Adventure
New Goreleans
Soul-Searching Steamboat
Melodramatic Memories
Castlevania
Helsing
Vampire's Heart
Boo Bros
Possible Ghoulfriend
Sweet Screams
Bloody Revelations
Wicked Winter Break Begins
The Grimm Baking Show
The Unlives of Helsing
Familiar Families
Chilling Christmas
Nefarious New Year
Immoral Integrity
Enduring Evil
The End or A Start?

Boogie Nights

843 44 18
By Morning_Blankets

Aw, youth. The time to go and do the most stupid thing you possibly could.

Deuce: Are you sure about this?

Deuce sat behind you with a helmet protecting his snakes and head. He was also holding a wooden paddle. You checked your camera again before strapping it to your own helmet with a smile.

Y/N: You kidding? I mean, come on. I haven't posted something to Bootube in a while and I gotta come back with a bang.

Deuce: And that's cool, buuuut, do we really need to canoe down a hill?

Indeed. You were at the top of the Screaming Hills which was located near Monster High. At the foot of the hill gathered many of your peers ready to either see you succeed or to witness you horrible failure. Either way, it would be pretty entertaining.

Y/N: A bang, Deuce. A bang.

Deuce just shrugged and flipped down his visor. You did the same and looked down the rough trail that would surely destroy the canoe. Still, no guts no glory.

Y/N: Today, my friend, we live as Gods!

You both pushed the canoe forward, but it didn't do much. You both looked at the ground then at each other, then you suddenly moved forward.

You both screamed as the canoe sped forward with so much speed that using the paddles to turn were pretty much useless. So much so that Deuce's was pretty much swiped from his hands. He held onto the side of the canoe while you tried to lean side to side to avoid trees.

Cleo: They're coming in pretty fast.

Frankie: I'm sure they're fine.

Honey: This is a great angle!

Honeyswamp filmed you from the foot of the hill with a massive smile. You had asked for her help after she finally arrived at Monster High. A favor she was more than glad to help with.

Ghoulia watched and looked at the notes she took when you asked for her help. Mostly calculations to make sure you wouldn't die....again. she fixed her glasses before she noticed something. She quickly fixed her calculations and carried a 2 to see that she was off quite a significant amount.

She looked up and began to say a prayer for you and Deuce to have a peaceful trip to the afterlife.

Draculaura: Are they supposed to be bouncing that much?

Clawdeen: Who let them do this?

Lagoona: I tried to tell them that it wasn't a good idea. But you know Y/N. Once he gets his mind set on something he won't stop.

Cleo: And you know Deuce. Once Helsing gets his mind set on something he'll go along with it.

Clawdeen: Boys, I swear.

Y/N/Deuce: AHHHHHHHHH!

You could see the school getting even closer until the dirt turned into asphalt. The front of the canoe caught the edge of the sidewalk and sent you both flying out. Everyone watched as you and Deuce both landed right into the dumpster. The force of your bodies caused the lid to close, trapping you in the horrid smell of trash.

Ghoulia opened the lid and the ghouls looked in to find you and Deuce groaning in an intangled mess.

Draculaura: Are you guys okay?

You and Deuce both got up and leaned against the edge of the dumpster. You flipped your visor up and smiled.

Y/N: Did we get it?

Honey: You bet your weeping wallow we did.

Y/N: Bolt-tastic.

You fell back into the trash while Deuce pulled his helmet off. He shook his head for a moment before he looked to Cleo. He then smirked and posed against the edge.

Deuce: Hey, come here often?

Cleo just rolled her eyes and closed the lid again. From inside Deuce's voice echoed.

Deuce: You know what? Fair.

Y/N: So your new school is on Summer Vacation?

You and Cupid walked together through the Maul. You were surpised she had come back to visit, but you always liked having her around. Plus you enjoyed hanging out with her. She currently had her arm linked with yours.

Cupid: Yep. And sadly, my friends are all busy doing whatever it is they're doing. So I'll be around for a while.

YN: Really? That's aces.

Cupid: It is. But, let's get down to the real cake if this situation.

She pulled on your arm which made you stop. She was suddenly mere inches from your face with a serious look.

Cupid: So, who are you dating?

You groaned. Of course she would want to know that. You gently pushed her back down with a smile.

Y/N: Believe it or not, no one.

Cupid pouted.

Cupid: You have got to be kidding me. A handsome guy like you should have plenty of ghouls flocking to you. How are you still single?

You shrugged.

Cupid: Well, do you have any interest in anyone?

You looked away for a split second. However, that split second was all Cupid needed to get her answer. She was C.A. Cupid after all.

Cupid: Who?!

Y/N: It's complicated.

Cupid: Is it Draculaura? I've been rooting for you two for a while now.

You sighed. What was with this girl and shipping you with Draculaura?

Y/N: No. It's just....

Operetta: Well, there he is. The dumpster diver himself.

You and Cupid looked to find both Operetta and Elissabat walking over to you. Cupid looked between you and them before it clicked.

Cupid: Oh, you sly dog.

Y/N: What?

Elissabat: I didn't think we'd find you here. I would've thought you'd end up in the mortuary after your stunt this morning.

Operetta: Your video is already doing rounds. Color me impressed.

It was? Sweet!

You noticed the girls looking at Cupid. Right, they wouldn't have met her.

Y/N: Ghouls, this is Cupid. A good friend of mine who used to go to Monster High.

Elissabat: Oh, hello. Nice to meet you.

Operetta: Looks like Y/N here has a habit of finding some nice ghouls.

Cupid: Oh please, the pleasure is all mine.

She began to smile suspiciously. The three of you were confused and a bit scared. What was she planning?

Elissabat: Well, since we found you, are you going to that opening tonight?

The opening? Oh! The one that Cleo invited you to. Yeah. Cleo invited you somewhere as a friend. Progress!

But a new hangout place was being open in a joint effort between Monster High and the M.A.H (Monsters and Humans) Corporation. It was supposed to be a safe place that both monster and human teenagers could go to kick back, socialize, and just hang out. A step I'm the right direction.

The grand opening was tonight.

Y/N: You think I'll miss it?

Operetta: So should I expect you to save me a dance?

Elissabat eyed her but kept quiet. You just looked between the two of them and smiled.

Y/N: Well....

Cupid: He'll be going with me.

She suddenly grabbed your arm and pulled you closer. Operetta and Elissabat were confused, but not nearly as much as you were.

Cupid: Don't worry, I'll get him looking as handsome as ever.

Elissabat: O-kay. Well, we'll see you two there!

They walked off leaving you with Cupid. You slowly looked to her as she pulled away and checked her nails.

Y/N: Why did you do that?

Cupid: Oh, you'll thank me later. But for now, we need to get to work.

Y/N: Doing what?

She eyed you before gesturing to your entire outfit.

Cupid: All of this. Come on. I don't like my dates looking like slobs.

She began to lead you along before you could protest. Seriously, what was she planning?
------------
Deuce: Man I look good.

Deuce checked himself in the mirror again before snapping his fingers and pointing at his reflection. You were just fixing your collar. Cupid ended up getting you a whole new outfit for the night. A black coat that resembled a kind of marching band coat. The tassels and stripes were red and you wore a red shirt underneath. You also wore a pair of dark torn jeans with a pair of black shoes with red laces. The red streak in your hair was prominent which really allowed your eyes to pop.

Not your style per say, but Cupid told you to trust the process. You still had no idea what she was planning but at this point you were too scared to ask.

Y/N: I'm just excited to get to The Crypt.

The Crypt is the name of the new place that was opening. The same place you were going to once the girls showed up.

Cleo: Wow. You two are actually ready.

You and Deuce both looked to your door to find Cleo and Cupid standing there.

Cleo: Come on. I want to be in front of the line.

Deuce: Looking good, babe.

You got up and walked over to Cupid to see that she was wearing the dress you got her before she moved. She looked good.

Y/N: Alright. Let's head out.
-------------
You stood behind Cleo and Deuce in line. You actually managed to get there early enough to get a good place. A good thing too, since the line went around the corner.

Frankie: Wow. This place looks Bolt-tastic!

Draculaura: I can't wait to see what's inside!

You looked back to your friends and smiled. It seemed like everyone was excited. You understood why. This was the first place to be made for both humans and monsters rather than one or the other. A step in the right direction indeed.

Abbey: I wonder if they will have meat on a stick.

Ghoulia: Mhwhehahga.

Abbey: Then why am I here?

Clawdeen: To have a good time. Who knows, maybe you can find yourself someone to dance with.

Lagoona: I'm just happy to see that people are becoming open to the idea of co-existing. And we have our resident Lord to thank for helping.

You blushed a bit. Your friends began to praise your efforts but you didn't really want to take credit for anything. You only uploaded a few videos. It wasn't anything ground breaking. If you didn't do it, someone else would've.

Cupid nudged you when she noticed how awkward you were.

Cupid: Let yourself be proud.

She gave you a kiss on the cheek before someone stepped out. He signaled for the security guards to start letting people in. Everyone began to cheer as you filed in with excitement.

The place was two stories high and about as big as a small mall. There was a bar area (serving nonalcoholic drinks), a dance floor, some places for seating, some space for party games, pool tables, dart boards, photo booth, it had it all! It was clear that they didn't hold back on designing this place. It didn't take long before the place was full of both human and monster teens ready to have a good time.

Representatives from MAH were hanging around to see where improvements could be made, but they seemed to be having just as good a time as everyone else. You were even recognized by some human students. You were taking pictures with your followers and friends before you knew it. But, to your surpise, you showed up in them.

You never really had time to question it. You were a kind of vanpire that showed up in pictures. Oh well. You were here for a good time. And a good time it was.

Cupid was dancing with you when she spotted a familiar face. She smirked and managed to slip away without you noticing. When you grabbed who you thought was her, you found yourself locking eyes with your new dance partner.

Operetta: Someone is bold tonight.

You looked around before you spotted Cupid giving you a thumbs up. Oh, that sly ghoul.

Operetta didn't give you time to do anything before pulling you along. She began to dance in a different style than Cupid, but one that was much more...physical.

She pulled you closer and almost hung off of you in such a loose way that you had to hang onto her. Your hand rested on her lower back as her arms remained wrapped around the back of your neck. Her eyed were locked on you and only you as she danced.

Operetta: You don't have to be afraid to touch me, hun. Unless you're embarrassed?

She was teasing. She always had a way of doing that. But, tonight, you felt more bold than ever. Like you were on top of the world. She nearly gasped when you suddenly pulled her closer, mere inches from your own face. You smirked.

Y/N: Embarrassed of you? Not a chance.

Operetta smiled.

Operetta: Well, then prove it.

You looked around before spotting a corner nearby. A place where no one would bother you. After making your way over, you both danced in the shadows. Moves that you didn't want anyone to see. A moment no one was allowed to interupt. Just you and her.

Your hands began to get dangerous. Hers always had been. Her lips began to taste your skin. You didn't try to stop her. You didn't want to. But, she didn't have the same kind of stamina that you did.

Operetta: I think I'm gonna take a break, hun. Don't go forgetting me.

She pulled away, brushing her fingers against your chest and leaving you wanting more. A tease, just like always. You leaned against the wall with a smile wide enough to show your small fangs. You ran a hand through your hair to try and fix it before deciding to cool off.
------------
Deuce: Operetta? She's pretty cool.

You took your turn and managed to knock a solid red ball into a hole. You moved around the pool table and took aim again.

Heath: She's pretty good at guitar too.

Clawd: Yeah, but Elissabat is both a movie star and a literal Queen.

Heath: Yeah, but Operetta is hot!

His head combusted into flames which spooked some of the human patrons. Heath quickly apologized and put his flame out.

Deuce: There's more to them than their looks.

He turned back to you just as your turn ended.

Deuce: They're both pretty cool to hang out with. I get why you're conflicted.

Y/N: Well, at least I feel better.

Deuce took his turn and failed to get a blue stripe ball, rather he scored you a win by knocking the magic 8 ball in. He groaned as he handed you your money. You counted it while staring at him before he playfully pushed you.

Clawd: I'm so happy I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore. I got Draculaura and that's all I need.

Deuce: I hear you there, bro.

Heath: You guys are so lucky. I tried to hit on Abbey yesterday and all she did was give me a brain freeze.

You didn't know if you considered yourself lucky.

Elissabat: There you are.

You looked over to see Elissabat approaching. Some patrons that had were hanging around began to gasp and mumble at the sight of such a celebrity. But, she was also the Vampire Queen. And here she was, talking to you.

Y/N: Hey, your highness. Did you need me for something?

She grabbed your jacket and began to pull you along with a smirk.

Elissabat: Yeah, a dance.

So, earlier, when I said you didn't know if you would consider yourself lucky? Yeah, you were lucky.

It wasn't long before she was dancing while holding your hands. She didn't want to be Veronica the movie star. She didn't want to be Elissabat the Vampire Queen. She just wanted to be a normal teenager enjoying her youth, whatever that truly meant.

In the dark, she was just another sweaty teenager. Nobody was expecting anything from her, not even herself. She was allowed to be whoever she wanted.

Every time her body started moving to the music, she became what she never allowed herself to be. Dancing was her escape from reality, that one thing that made all her worries secondary. When she was dancing, she felt her body, every part of it. She was always so caught up by her studies and her responsibilities, that dancing had become her favorite way to escape all of that.

And she was having fun. Fun! She had forgotten the last time she had felt so careless. For the first time in months, she didn't have a care in the world.

She had been laughing so hard her stomach hurt. She felt tipsy and incredibly happy, without any real reason. She was just following the music and it was so refreshing, for once, to let everything go and just enjoy the moment.

She had been laughing at a clumsy attempt of Clawd to jump on a small table that had found its way to the dance floor, when she felt somebody touching her shoulder.

She looked up and saw your smile. Her knees grew weaker. She thought you were attractive and you had saved her from her seemingly endless nightmare that was her Uncle. You avenged her father. You were her official guard, sure, but you were also her friend who gave her a place to finally call home.

As soon as she started moving, you closed the gap between your bodies and pushed your chests together. You really didn’t waste any time.

A shiver ran down her spine and you smiled again, but this time it was more of a smirk. You were clear that you were finding the situation amusing, but Elissabat could play that game too. Unlike you, she was a real dancer.

She took your hands in her own and placed them on her hips before starting moving very slowly. She heard you hiss under her touch, but she was ready to claim victory when your hips started to move with her own.

Not a bad dancing partner, she had to admit, not bad at all.

You were moving together, as close to each other as possible and she was liking that proximity. It was a pleasant feeling and every time your bodies moved apart she couldn't help but to wait anxiously for the moment they would collide again.

Almost as an instinct, her head went to rest on your shoulder, and she raised her left hand to softly caress your face. Your skin was warm and covered with sweat, as was your hair. You smelled of colonge and something else, something sweet she couldn't exactly recognize. She only knew it was intoxicating and feeding on her last bit of sanity.

She closed her eyes and all she could feel was your hands travelling down her body. The dance was erotic in its simplicity and what surprised Elissabat the most was that she couldn't bring herself to feel guilty or uncomfortable about it.

She felt your lips on her neck and she reacted by scooting even closer to you. She should have pushed your away, but she couldn't. There was only one thought in her head: why not?

Your mouth traveled along her neck to reach her jaw. She told herself she could always stop you later, once those wonderful kisses stopped being so alluring.

After a few wet kisses, she felt your hot breath on her ear. She shivered and, for a moment, she feared her knees would buckle. Elissabat didn't even know that she had been holding her breath, but when she felt something in her lips, she nearly gasped.

The kiss wasn't heated. It was simple and sweet. At least, that was how it started. But she was hungry for more.

And she would've gotten more, if a scream didn't echo through the air.

You both pulled away and looked over to the entrance where you found a swarm of students running from something. You immediately placed Elissabat behind you.

Clawd: Is that a dog?!

A....dog?

Once the area was clear enough to see what was happening, you saw what he meant. A low growl finally revealed what was cuasing all the commotion.

Y/N: Aw....crypt.

???: RAWWWWW

A Cerberus. Of course. It's always something.

Draculaura: What is that?

Y/N: Trouble. We need to get everyone out of here.

You turned to Elissabat who immediately understood. She gathered your friends and began to guide everyone to safety while you looked around. You found a pool stick and quickly grabbed it to use as a weapon.

What was it doing here? Cerberus were usually found in the wild far from civilization. Someone had to have lead it here. But, why?

You stopped. This was the first hang out spot meant for humans and monsters. Of course someone would try to sabotage it.

You spun the stick around before pointing it at the creature with narrowed eyes.

Y/N: You're gonna regret ruining my night.

The creatures growled before lunging towards you. You slid under it and leaped onto a table before having to immediately flip off of it when Cerberus attacked again. You spun the stick around before landing a hit that broke it. Your eyes grew wide and looked at what remained.

Y/N: Man, these things suck.

You gasped when a paw suddenly slammed into your gut and sent you flying across the room. You hit a top balcony and fell down, which caused the debris to block the door, trapping whoever remained.

Luckily, it wasn't a lot. Unfortunately, they were all your friends.

Frankie: Y/N!

You groaned as you got back to your feet.

Y/N: I'm okay. Just....ow.

The beast yelled out again causing you all to duck behind cover. You peeked over the table and saw that the guards were all defeated.

Deuce: Where are your weapons?

Y/N: I didn’t bring them.

Clawdeen: Why not?!

Y/N: Why would I?!

Draculaura: Why can't you use your power to fight it?

You went back to hiding.

Y/N: I haven't drank any blood since I turned.

Lagoona: Aces! Just as Elissabat for more.

You all looked around to discover that Elissabat had managed to get out. Well, at least she's safe. The only ones stuck here with you were Deuce, Clawdeen, Cleo, Draculaura, Frankie, and Lagoona. Out of the. All, Draculaura would be your best bet, but she hasn't drank blood in centuries. And no one else would closely resemble what you would need.

Well, except for....

Clawdeen: Why are you staring at me.

Y/N: Trust me, this is gonna suck way more for me than for you. I need to suck you blood.

Clawdeen: NO WAY!

Her yell caught the attention of the beast who immediately snapped towards you all. You all screamed and ran as it crashed into your cover. You all scattered around the club to avoid being attacked.

Draculaura: Clawdeen, let him suck your blood!

Clawdeen: That's so gross!

Deuce: You know what else is gross? DYING!

He ducked to avoid being hit by a flying table. Clawdeen groaned before biting her finger causing it to bleed. She then held it out towards you. You just stared at it.

Y/N: Seriously? You're gonna make me sick your finger?

Frankie screamed when the creature tried to get her.

Y/N: Fine.

You grabbed her hand and placed your fang into her small cut. You began to suck her blood bit found your body jerking. You cried out as you fell over and began to shake on the floor. What was this reaction? It wasn't because she was a werewolf, was it? Vampires coukd drink any kind of blood.

You began to jerk around as your friends tried to avoid being seen.

Lagoona: What's wrong with him?

Clawdeen: I don't know!

She tried to help as you began to foam at the mouth. Your body hurt. It felt like everything was clutching and moving and it all hurt. You couldn't even breathe.

Clawdeen didn't know what to do, and she wouldn't get a chance to help. The Cerberus locked onto her and began to growl. It slowly began to approach while Clawdeen watched with wide eyes. Was this really it? Was she really going to die at a party?

Well, it wasn't a bad way to go.

The creature yelled out and lunged at her while she lifted an arm to protect herself. However, the beast was stopped by an unseen force. Clawdeen opened her eyes to find you standing there. Your breathing heavy. Your friends all looked to see that something was clearly wrong.

Clawdeen: Y/N?

You snapped your head to look at her over your shoulder. Your eyes now a golden yellow. You weren't breathing hard. You were, growling?

You suddenly grabbed your head with a cry of pain. You stumbled a bit before you locked into the beast. It got back up and growled before charging towards you. You then began to ran towards it. But every step stripped away more of your clothing until you weren't even humanoid.

Y/N: GRAWWW!

You both clashed on the dance floor. Brute force and claws. Your friends watched as you picked up the beast and bent backwards, slamming it into the ground. However, it swiped up and caught you on the chest. You didn't even seem phased. You just grabbed one of its heads and swung it around before slamming it against a wall.

It tried to bite you, but you slammed into it again. It managed to get a swipe but you narrowly avoided a deep cut. Still, it left a mark on your cheek. You managed to keep the creature pinned down before you yelled into it's face. The Cerberus tried to yell back, but you only yelled louder.

A whimper came from the beast before you let it go. You watched as it ran off into the shadows. The threat was gone, but you were still here. Your friends came out of hiding and began to appprch slowly with caution.

Frankie: Y/N?

Draculaura: You....okay?

You snapped back to look at them. They flinched when you lunged at them. What was this? Why couldn't you focus? They were enemies. No. They were your friends. They were your friends! Stop growling. Why was this so hard?

Clawdeen: Y/N.

You stopped. While the world looked blurry, you could see her perfectly. You looked at her before you sniffed the air. She was Clawdeen. Your friend.

Clawdeen: Sit.

You immediately did so. The others watched confused.

Cleo: Uh....what?

You twitched and grabbed your head again. Clawdeen looked around before she spotted an open door. She whistled with caught your attention again.

Clawdeen: Run into the woods. Stay there until you turn back. Go!

You immediately dashed out of the club before anyone could even blink. They hurried outside to see your silhouette ran towards the woods by scaling buildings and dashing at superhuman speeds. And off in the distance they heard a howl.

Everyone turned to Clawdeen who was just as confused as everyone else.

Frankie: So.....what was that?

Deuce: Yeah. He listened to you like a well trained dog.

Clawdeen: My parents used to do that to me and my siblings. It was a risk, but he had my blood and he did obey Elissabat.

Draculaura: But, how did he change? He should be a Vampire.

It was a mystery for sure, but it would have to wait. For now, you were in the woods and they would need to find you once you changed back.

Talk about an eventful opening.
--------------
You groaned when the sunlight began to shine on your face through the trees. You slowly opened your eyes and immediately felt the pain on your chest and the annoying sting on your cheek. You sat up and immediately noticed that you were also very naked. Well, save for a plad sleeveless sweater covering your privates.

You reached up and found that your face was more hairy than before. Was this a beard? It wasn't anything magnificent, but you never had facial hair before.

Deuce: Morning.

You looked to your left to find Deuce sitting on a log watching the sunrise. Beside him was a pile of your clothes. He also had two cups of coffee. You grunted as you stood up and walked over to at least get a pair of pants on.

Y/N: Dude, how hard did I party last night?

Deuce: Pretty hard, dude. You turned into a feral Werewolf.

You looked at him with wide eyes. You then looked at your chest which was actually already a scar. He held out one of the coffees which you took. You sat down beside him and watched the sunrise.

Y/N: So, a werewolf.

Deuce nodded.

Deuce: A werewolf. Also you kissed Elissabat.

He took a sip while you sat there. You slowly turned to him as it came back to you. You then slowly turned back to the sunrise and took another sip.

Deuce: Nice beard.

Y/N: I'm shaving it.

Deuce: Good choice.

You took a breath. You have no idea how you turned into a werewolf, but you did know that your uncle and Dracula would probably have the answers. But one question that also lingered in your head was who sent the Cerberus to the Crypt? It was clear it was an anti human/monster relations person. But who?

Before you could question it further, you heard a small bark. You both looked back to find a small pup sitting there wagging it's tail. Not just any pup, though.

Cerberus: Bark!

Deuce: Uh, is that dangerous?

Y/N: No. Cerberus turn back to their passive forms when they're with their owners.

Deuce: Woah. You scared it into being your dog. Awesome.

The dog walked over and sat next to you. You hesitated before reaching out and petting it. Looks like you got a a lot of questions and a new dog. What a way to start the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 733 15
She's unnatural, she's a freak but does she care, no. Shade has a secret that binds her to prince Velkan Valerious and his sister Anna. She is a hunt...
69.2K 2K 28
We all know the story of how Dracula became a "monster," right? Or at least we think we know the story behind how he came to be the villain that Van...
3K 64 16
Y/N L/N is a half dragon who lives with her father and sister in a cave most of her life until one day she gets a invitation to go to Monster High. M...