One Direction's Ghost

By WriteitReaditLoveit

When the boys of One Direction hit nineteen year old Brook while driving home from a party they feel terrible... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 3

1.6K 37 4
By WriteitReaditLoveit

Brook's P.O.V.

I leaned away from Harry and looked at the other boys. They had confused looks on their faces as if they hadn't heard what we had said.

"Can you see her?" Louis asked, not taking his eyes off me.

"Yes." Harry told them, "This is so strange, how could I not see her?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, I'm not really an expert in this 'I'm a ghost but I'm not dead and people can see me' stuff."

 Liam chuckled, "Well we aren't either so I guess it's just guess work."

I look back at Louis and his eyes were studying me carefully, "Can I help you?" I crossed my arms.

He shook his head bringing him to his senses, "Sorry, you just remind me of someone."

"Oh, who?" I wondered.

"I went to camp with her, her name was Lynn Thomson." he told me.

I froze. I couldn't believe it, he remembered me. I did go to camp with Louis six years ago before he was famous. We were in the same group and we became friends, but we lost contact after the camp.

I know what you're thinking, how can it be you if the girl's name was Lynn and my name is Brook? Well my name is Brooklynn so years ago when I had went to that camp and before that I went by Lynn but I began to go by Brook three years ago. And now you're also thinking the girl's last name was Thomson and yours is Tanner. You see when I was younger my mom left and I lived only with my dad, so I used his last name. But child services took me away from him three years ago, when I started going by Brook and using my mom's last name Tanner. Now there's the 'Why were you taken away by child services?' question in your head. I was taken away by them because my neighbour found out that my dad would beat me so they came and got me and I am now living with my mom. But my mom isn't that much better though, she doesn't really care about me.

I started to think of my dad and how he would be drunk when I got home from school. How I would somehow manage to piss him off by doing something and he would hit me. How if I tried to fight back he would just hit harder. How I would have to hide my bruises the next day at school. How I began to-

"Brook? Are you okay?" Niall was waving his hands trying to get my attention.

I shook my head trying to clear it, "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I put on a fake smile.

"Are you sure?" Liam asked.

I nodded, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, you just frozen when Louis mentioned that girl." Zayn shrugged.

"Do you know her?" Louis questioned.

"Yeah, we're really close. It's like we're the SAME PERSON." I put a lot of emphasis on same person.

They gave me confused looks. I looked at Louis to see that his eyebrows were scrunched together, the gears in his head must be starting to turn. I waited to see if he would get it.

"Brook and Lynn." he muttered, "Brook and Lynn......Brook........Lynn.........Brook......Lynn.......Brook...Lynn....Brooklynn...oh." All of a sudden like something had clicked, realization spread across his face, "No way." 

"What?" Liam asked.

"Yes way." I laughed.

"What?" Harry repeated.

"I can't believe it." Louis smiled.

"What?" Zayn wondered.

"You better believe it." I told him.

Niall looked from me to him, "What?"

"But I don't think I can." Louis chuckled.

"WHAT?!" the other boys yelled.

We looked at them, "Guys this is my good friend from camp, Brooklynn Thoms-" Louis started then looked at me and I shook my head, "Tanner." Louis finished.

"Really?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"So first we hit you, then you appear in our house, then we start to see you, and now you're Louis' friend from camp. What else are you ninja? An alien? Famous?" Niall joked.

I smiled, "I'm Wonder Women, shh."

"OH MY GOD! WE HAVE A SUPERHERO IN THE BUILDING!" Louis jumped up and yelled.

"PRAISE THE LORD! SHE CAN PROTECT US FROM THE FAN GIRLS!" Harry jumped up and screamed. Then Louis hugged Harry.

I laughed, "You guys are even weirder than you seem."

"How weird did we seem?" Zayn questioned.

"Very weird, but you're actually super extremely weird." I told them.

"You haven't even seen us when we are at the weirdest." Niall explained.

"Oh god." I sighed sitting down on the couch where Harry used to be sitting.

Once they calmed down, Louis sat down and Harry and the other boys went to the kitchen.

"So tell me what I have missed in these past six years?" Louis asked.

"Well I began to go by Brook, I finished high school, oh and I moved in with my mom." I quickly said.

"Why did you move in with your mom?" he wondered.

"Um, I thought that it would be nice to spend some time with my mom." I lied and quickly changed the subject, "So what have you been up to?"

"Well I finished school, went on the X Factor, formed a band, named it One Direction, came third in the X Factor, became famous." he told me.

"You're in a band?! And you're famous! Who are your band mates?" I asked jokingly.

He laughed, "You still have that great sense of humor."

"Why thank you kind sir." I said in a weird accent.

"You're welcome young lady." he mimicked my accent.

"I'm not that young!" I whined, "I'm nineteen."

"Wow already nineteen. Well you're younger than me, when you are older than me then I won't call you young anymore." he smiled.

I crossed my arms, "But I can't be older than you."

"Exactly." he laughed.

"Okay...old man." I grinned.

"No, I'm not that old. I'm twenty one." he pouted.

"Wow already twenty one. Well you're older than me, when you are younger than me then I won't call you old anymore." I repeated his words.

"But I can't be younger than-" he smiled, "Well played."

I laughed again, "I know."

He sighed, "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I told him.

He threw his arm around my shoulders but it went through me. That's when I was pulled back to the reality of everything, I was a ghost and the real me was in a coma. I was on the verge of tears. I reconnected with my childhood friend but I'm not actually here, I'm in a coma, I can't do anything, and nobody can touch me. I looked at Louis to see his lips moving, he was talking to me but I was tuning him out.

"LOUIS! CAN YOU COME HERE?" I heard Liam yell pulling me out of my thoughts.

"YEAH!" he yelled back.

He got off the couch and once he was gone I bulted off the couch and upstairs to the bathroom. I sat on the floor and the tears began to go down my face.

Zayn's P.O.V.

After I was done eating I went back to the living room. Nobody was in there.

"Boys, where did Brook go?" I questioned.

They came into the room and looked around, "Did she go all ghost on us?" Harry asked.

"Did she leave to go home?" Liam wondered.

"I don't know, I just came in here and she was gone." I told them.

"Well we will have to look for her." Louis said.

"But what if she's invisible?" I asked.

"Then this just got a bit harder." Liam stated.

We began to look around the house to find her, but she was nowhere in sight. I went upstairs and saw that the bathroom door was closed. I went over to it and heard some rummaging on the other side of the door, then it stopped. I knocked on the door.

"Brook are you in there?" I called.

"Shit." she whispered and I heard the water go on then more rummaging, "Yes, one second."

She opened the door and I saw that her eyes were watery and her cheeks were stained with tears. I stepped forward and hugged her. We stood there for a minute with her crying into my chest.

"Why?" she asked.

"Why what?" I looked at her.

She pulled away and went over to the edge of the tub then sat down, "W-why can some people not be able to t-touch me but some can? Why d-did I have to go in a c-coma? Why did th-this happen to me? W-why does my life suck s-so much?" she whispered the last part.

I sat down beside her and thought about it, "I-I-I don't know. Things happen for a reason and even though I can't explain why, they are supposed to happen to us. And your life doesn't suck."

"My life does suck, it's awful. You don't even know. But whatever I'm fine." Brook said.

"No, you're not." I stated.

"You're right, I'm not." she told me.

"What is it?" I wondered.

"Never mind." she mumbled.

"No, tell me." I begged, "Please."

She looked down at her lap, then at me. She took a deep breath.

Brook's P.O.V.

"No, tell me." Zayn begged, "Please."

He doesn't care, he won't understand, I can't trust him with this, I can't tell him. I told myself over and over again. Maybe it will be better if I told someone...no I can't tell.

I looked at him and when his eyes looked into mine, it was like he was staring into my soul, into my deepest secrets, into my mind. I took a deep breath and decided to tell him.

"If I tell you, you can't tell anyone. Not your family, the boys, or even a diary you have." I explained.

"I swear, I won't tell a soul." he put his hand over his heart, "Wait, you think I have a diary?"

I sighed.

"Okay sorry, tell me." he looked at me and gave a faint smile.

"Close the door." I said.

"Throw the key, don't want to be reminded, don't want to be seen." he sang as he shut the door, "Okay, now will you tell me?"

I nodded and looked down at my lap, "Well many years ago my mom left my dad, and ended up living with him. He was sad and began to drink. It started out with a drink once in a while, then it turned to everyday. He would be drunk when I came home from school and I would some how always get on his bad side." I started and took in another deep breath and let out one shakily, "And he would hurt me. He would hit and punch and kick me. And the next day at school I would have to act like I was fine and cover up the bruises."

Tears began to fall from my eyes again, "Then for my thirteenth birthday I got a present from my grandfather. It was for me to go to camp, that's where I met Louis. My grandfather died while I was away at camp. Three years after I went to camp, my neighbour found out about my dad hurting me and they call child services and they took me away. I then started to go by Brook and use my mom's last name. But my mom isn't all that good either, she doesn't care about me. And I-I." I stopped not wanting to tell him anymore.

I let more tears fall and didn't look up from my lap. I heard some movement, thinking that Zayn was leaving I closed my eyes. Until I felt his finger under my chin, he pulled my face up to meet his. He was kneeling in front of me and his eyes were watery. He wiped away my tears with his thumb.

"I'm sorry." his voice crack as he whispered.

"It's okay." I said.

"You're such a strong person, you know that?" he told me.

"I'm not." I whispered.

"You are though." he said wiping his watery eyes, "Why don't we go downstairs?"

I nodded then got up and went to the mirror. My makeup still looked the same, no smudges or mascara running down my face, and my eyes weren't red and puffy. I wiped the tears away and I looked the exact same as when I had gotten up here.

"You know what the best thing about being a ghost is?" I asked Zayn.

"What?" he wondered.

"Nothing changes, the only thing that happens is your eyes can you watery and tears can come out but it your makeup doesn't smudge or run like it usually would." I explained.

He laughed, "Well at least you can see the bright side of things."

"Yeah, I'm a very positive person." I said, "Most of the time."

"I can see that." he smiled, "Now let's go downstairs and see the other boys. They must still be looking for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 535 14
Ella Johnson is a 12 year old girl who dies in a car accident along with her adoptive parents. Her parent's souls travel up to heaven but not Ella's...
7.6K 115 21
Every Directioner's dream is to meet One Direction and see their hotness or witness a bromance, but for 16 year old Tiffany it's different. The boys...
382K 10K 64
Emily goes to a One Direction concert with her best friend and as she's walking out she gets kidnapped by he mates. Find out what happens in this one...
46.6K 1K 29
17 year old, Caroline Robinson, had a pretty tough life. She never was happy until one day, she ran away. While she was running from home, she ran in...