The Snow Princess - Aemond Ta...

By purplewriter_x

Aemond Targaryen was made of fire, but his heart was stone cold and his icy stare could leave one shivering... More

INTRODUCTION
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Playlist
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU

Thirty Two

3.1K 82 41
By purplewriter_x

"You look gorgeous in that dress." Aemond would tell his wife as she stared at herself in the looking glass. She met his gaze on the glass and smiled at him. She fixed the green dress she wore and took a breath, turning around to face her husband. He looked as handsome as always, and she was always mesmerized by the man she called husband.

The pair was getting ready for Aegon's coronation and Alyarra was feeling rather anxious for some odd reason. Once that crown  was planted on his head, there would be no going back. Rhaenyra's throne would be officially usurped, and Alyarra was not feeling well about it at all. How could she?

She was monumentally against this on every single aspect. Aegon did not deserve a crown, much less a throne. He was a terrible person, and he had shown his true colors to Alyarra. It was something that could never be taken back, and now he was going to become the King. Now he was usurping his own sister.

She was against this. And she would never support it, but her duty was to stand by Aemond's side. If that included standing by him whilst his brother usurped the Iron Throne, then she would let it be.

Alyarra was also rather anxious about her brother. She knew well that Cregan would never actively support the usurping of a throne, and that he would never break an oath. But now she stood in the way, and she was very sure that her brother wouldn't put her in a risky situation. Or so she hoped.

"Have you heard about the servants? Will they release Catherryn soon?" Alyarra asked her husband as she moved to fasten his doublet.

"I asked my grandsire... he says they will be released as soon as they crown my brother. They didn't want the news of my father's passing to reach Dragonstone yet." Aemond explained as Alyarra pressed her lips together. Catherryn shouldn't have gotten imprisoned either way.

"That is madness. Catherryn is loyal to me, she would never gossip. She is my best friend." Alyarra told her husband as she moved her hands to fix his shoulder pads.

"Before being your best friend, she is a maiden. That won't change just because you are fond of her, darling." Aemond told her in a soft tone, as he was not trying to offend his wife.

"I know that." Alyarra huffed out in annoyance. "That doesn't change the fact that what your grandsire is doing to those poor servants is unfair." She told him and stepped back when she finished getting him ready.

"A throne is being usurped, my sweet. Nothing that comes along from now on will be fair." Aemond told her, and then he planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "Don't get angry with me, please." Aemond urged, making her give him a faltering smile and nod her head.

Aemond has been especially irritable ever since his extended family visited, and now even more so when he was told his brother would become King. She really did not want to add to his annoyance. She just wanted to sooth it, so she dropped it.

A knock was heard at the door, "Enter." Aemond would call and then Benjamin would peek his head inside the chambers. "The carriage awaits to take the prince and the lady to the pit." He announced quickly as Aemond pressed his lips and gave him just one nod.

"Thank you, Benjamin." Alyarra smiled kindly and moved hastily to grab Aemond's patch from his vanity. He was too tall for her to reach over so as always, he sat on a chair so she could place it over his eye and clasp it efficiently.

The pair moved quickly out of their chambers and through the castle. When they reached the courtyard of Maegor's Holdfast, Alyarra would yelp when her gaze landed on the hung man that adorned the pillars. "What the?!" She asked as she leaned her head into Aemond's arm. He looked down at her with no emotion on his face.

"He was a traitor. Serves him right." Was all he said as they continued on walking to the carriages. "Death does not serve anyone right, Aemond." She would scold him and Aemond would not respond. They approached the carriages whilst Otto got in his own, and Aegon and Alicent got into the one in front of Aemond and Alyarra's.

When they entered the carriage, Helaena was already sitting inside. She was seemingly going to ride to the dragonpit with them. "Sister." Aemond greeted her coldly and sat across from her, whilst Alyarra sat right next to her. "Helaena." Alyarra said warmly, taking her hands in hers. And Helaena, for the first time since they met, snatched her hands from the girl.

A puzzled look clouded her face, then she turned to Aemond, who looked as surprised as she did. Helaena had never refused Alyarra. She looked back at the princess, who had her body turned to the window and who was staring outside as the carriage moved. "Helaena, are you okay?" Alyarra asked her with a worried expression on her face.

No answer. Helaena's expression was a solemn one the entire ride to the dragon pit, and it only got sadder when they finally got there and entered the pit. The royal family stood in the stage, and Alyarra felt rather uneasy as she awaited the coronation to begin. The pit was slowly getting full of common folk and her eyes would scan the crowd nervously. Alyarra looked up at Aemond, who sported a stoic expression on his face.

Alyarra watched as Otto Hightower came up to the center of the set stage and looked around the pit, a small smirk crawling unto his face at the very full event.

"People of King's Landing... today is the saddest of days. Our beloved king... Viserys the Peaceful... is dead." Murmurs erupted through the pit. Alyarra took a breath and closed her eyes, mentally saying a solemn prayer in her mind for the late King.

"But it is also the most joyous of days... for as his spirit left us... he whispered his final wish: that his firstborn son, Aegon... should succeed him." Alyarra found Otto Hightower's words very hard to believe. From what she gathered from the little time she spent with Viserys, he truly did not like Aegon.

"It is your great good fortune and privilege to be here to witness this: a new day for our city... a new day for our realm. A new king... to lead us." Alyarra's eyes darted to the guards who were lifting their swords up for Aegon. And then she saw him, his eyes teary and tired. He walked slowly towards the stage, dreadfully even. He didn't want this, it was clear as day to everyone present.

"May the Warrior give him courage. May the Smith lend strength to his sword and shield. May the Father defend him in his need. May the Crone lift her shining lamp and light his way to wisdom." Her heartbeat quickened as Septon Eustace spoke.

She gave a quick glance to Helaena, who was looking away from Aegon. Then she looked at Aemond, whose face was one of slight disdain towards his brother.

"The crown of the Conqueror, passed down through generations. Let the Seven bear witness: Aegon Targaryen is the true heir to the Iron Throne." Alyarra took a deep breath as she watched the crown be planted on Aegon's head. He didn't deserve that crown, he deserved nothing.

"All hail His Grace, Aegon, Second of his Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm." Aegon turned slightly towards his family, his eyes skimming over Alyarra ever so slightly. She gave him one nod of the head, as the people of King's Landing cheered in appreaciation for their new king.

She looked up at Aemond, whose face remained cold and distant as his one eye tired eye pierced his brother. Alyarra looked back towards the crowd, her eyes skimming through. People of all ages cheered for Aegon, they accepted him.

And then, everything stilled as rubble flew through the pit and dust flooded the scene. Alyarra closed her eyes at the impact that burst through, and Aemond had wrapped both of his arms around her, pulling her away from the intrusion and shielding her with his body.

Alyarra held unto Helaena and pulled her behind Aemond, her heart breaking as the screams filled of horror filled the pit. Alyarra watched in fear as the dust settled and forth came a large dragon, saddled by Princess Rhaenys. Alyarra gulped, her grip on Aemond's arm tightening in fear. The dragon's head moved foward towards Aegon, and Alicent was rushing to protect her son.

Was this how Alyarra Stark would die? Burned for an usurping she had no say in? The dragon roared, and Alyarra's hair was sent flowing back as she closed her eyes in fear. She was trembling as she leaned into Aemond's back, seeking shelter. The dragon turned and flew away from the pit, leaving the family shocked in their place.

"Is everyone alright?" Otto Hightower would ask as he looked around at his family. Helaena was holding on to Alyarra for dear life, and she hadn't even noticed it. Aemond turned to his wife and sister, his eye ran over Alyarra's face and then without a word, he engulfed her in a tight hug. He kissed the top of her head and took a breath. All he thought about a moment ago, was making sure his wife didn't pay for the crimes of others.

The royal family was quick to flee the dragonpit, getting into each of their carriages and making their way back to the Red Keep. Once there, the family would gather in the Queen's chambers. Everyone was silent, and clearly still shocked by their near death experience.

"Your grace, your council awaits you in the council chamber." Criston Cole would break the silence first. Aegon very blatantly rolled his eyes and stood from where he was slummed over, exiting the chambers with his mother and grandfather by his side.

Aemond turned to his wife and gave her a small peck on the lips. "Why don't you head to our chambers love? I bet you will be glad to see who is awaiting for you." Aemond told her, and Alyarra perked up at his words.

She watched as Aemond turned and left for the council meeting, and then she picked up her skirts and rushed out of the Dowager Queen's chambers and down the hall to her own.

Alyarra burst into her chambers, to find Catherryn awaiting for her eagerly. Her face softened at the image of her best friend, and Alyarra rushed to tackle her in a tight hug. "Oh Catherryn! How I've missed you." Alyarra breathed out whilst the lady giggled.

"Gods... I didn't know you couldn't live without me." She jested as they pulled away. "Oh stop, I'll send you back down to the cells." Alyarra replied playfully, her eyes assesing her best friend, making sure she was unharmed.

"I tried looking for you but that creep Larys did not let me!" Alyarra complained as the girls moved to sit together. "He's literally such a random creepy little man. He huddled us all together as if we were sheep and took us to the cells. If my father learns of what they did to me, he would flip his shit." Catherryn complained, and Alyarra knew that to be veridict.

Catherryn's father was Cregan's most trusted lord and friend. Lord Jeremiah Mormont was a proud man, and he loved his daughter fiercely. Surely if he learned of any mistreatment towards his only daughter, he would come to the castle himself and kill Larys Strong and everyone that took part.

"I know he would. Gods Catherryn, everything has been so crazy. You have no idea..." Alyarra breathed out as Catherryn nodded her head. "Tell me everything! So they usurped Princess Rhaenyra..." Catherryn trailed off.

"That's it, literally. They usurped the throne and crowned Aegon as king. Which is totally insane given the fact that he is quite literally a drunkard pervert." Alyarra said in a tone full of disdain.

"The morning after King Viserys died... they woke me up at the crack of dawn and called me to appear before the council. Catherryn, they sat me down and made me write a letter to my brother urging him to bend the knee to Aegon!" Alyarra told her lady, whose mouth dropped open in shock.

"Cregan will never do that. You know how correct your brother is... he would never support the usurping of the rightful heir." Catherryn stated, and of course she was right. She too had known Cregan for years now.

"I know that. But what was I supposed to do? Refuse? They put me in the spot in front of every important Lord in this castle. It was nerve wracking." Alyarra answered whilst Catherryn pressed her lips together.

"What happens to us, if and when Cregan sides with Rhaenyra?" Catherryn asked, her tone taking a much more fearful edge to it.

"I wonder the same thing... I-I know Starks are not known to be oath breakers but... for my sake and yours, I hope Cregan makes an exception." Alyarra confessed. She really did worry what insatiable and heedless Otto would do to her if the House Stark pledged loyalty to Rhaenyra.

"I trust your husband will protect you. He loves you, and I am sure Aemond won't let any harm come to you or Baelon." Catherryn reassured her lady with a warm tone, taking her hands into hers.

"Do not worry... I will protect you, Catherryn. As long as I breathe, you will stand by my side as my bestest friend. We'll be fine... I know Aemond will never let any harm come to us." Alyarra assured her lady, and in a way she was assuring her own self.

"And Cregan... I know he will protect us. Remember that time when we were children and were bothering him whilst he trained heedlessly? Remember what he said?" Catherryn urged her friend, bringing forth fond memories of their childhood in Winterfell.

"I remember we bothered him more than once..." Alyarra laughed and then sighed.

"And each time he would say... 'I train to protect the two of you from harm'..." Alyarra reminisced of her shared childhood with Catherryn. They were not blood related, but the two girls had watched each other grow up. And Alyrra felt as if they were kin.

"We'll be fine. No matter what."

-

Aemond didn't come back to their chambers until late at night when she was already tucked in her bed and ready to sleep. He was stressed. Alyarra could read him like the palm of her hand. He would burst him and undress hastily, throwing his clothes all over the room and climbing into bed angrily. "Are you okay?" Alyarra asked meekly as she sat up in their bed.

"You're really asking me that?" Aemond groaned as he looked at her, his one eye trailing down to take in her curves that were hidden by her thin nightgown. "Still sore?" He asked his wife, his eye returning to look at her face expectantly. She was taken aback by his attitude.

"Oh... um... If you're gentle... I-I think I can." She had never felt so insecure of having sex with Aemond. And so turned off. But she only wanted to please her husband.

"Hmm... come here then." He grabbed her tiny frame and made her straddle him. "Gentle... you never want it gentle. I don't think I can manage that." He would whisper as he kissed her neck. And what usually made her swoon, only made her anxious.

She rocked her hips against his because she wanted to please him, not because she felt like it. "Whatever you want, husband." She replied, her voice small. Aemond only hummed, pleased by her words.

Alyarra loved Aemond more than she loved anything in the world. She was his soldier. And she wanted to be the bravest one. The only army that Alyarra ever wanted to fight in was his. She wanted to make him feel better, to take his pain and even take it on herself. She had endless empathy for him. So if her sex is what he needed to get through, she would comply. Anything for the man she adored.

She didn't yelp once, even if it hurt. Never even winced. She asked for gentle, but the Aemond that took her that night was the farthest thing from gentle there could ever be.

She didn't complain. It was fine. Aemond was angry, he was frustrated, and the way he so ruthlessly used her body assured her of that.

Hair was pulled, red cheeks were left, marks on her neck bruised, bites on her shoulders turned purple. It was fine. Thrown around she was, but it was fine. As long as Aemond is happy, she's happy. After Aemond was satisfied, he would hold her in his arms and fall asleep rather easy. He snored slightly whilst his chin rested on her head, and his strong arms were wrapped around her tiny broken frame.

She laid in his arms, staring at the dark corner of their room. Her eyes would tear up every now and then because of the pain she felt in her center, but she blinked the tears away. Her pain was just an imposition for Aemond. And she didn't want that. She always put him over her own feelings and wants, even if they hurt her. She would put him first and help him through whatever he needed, even if it brought her down.

Alyarra Stark would be a soldier returning half her weight.

-

Author's note:

it will only get worse from here. thats all imma say.

you guys both of my longer stories are in the borderline of storms end and im not ready. from this moment foward, book aemond will shone through. we meed to remember who he really is!!

as always, thank you guys SO much for the support on snow princess. i can hardly believe it! x

this is benjamin btw hes gonna be getting a bigger role

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.7K 122
❝𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬, 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝.❞ History will speak of how much ruin the Targaryen civil war brought to Westeros ju...
22.8K 1.2K 40
Draegon Targaryen Stark wasnt looking for love but he would rather have the choice than a bride chosen for him. 🐉 "Give me your beating heat. I wi...
67.4K 2.2K 27
"You have no idea of the effect you have on me. While he was dancing and flirting with you, I was standing aside, watching from the shadows, contempl...
6.6K 227 8
Rhaella Targaryen had never been sure of much in her life. Unsure of her heritage, unsure of who she was, etc. But there was one thing or person that...