her disappearance

By _marawrites

ANOUSHKA SHETH was a lonely girl. Due to her nemesis, Isabella's disappearance and being blamed for her disap... More

CHARACTERS
prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
EPILOGUE #1
EPILOGUE #2

33

86 6 23
By _marawrites

ANOUSHKA

I park the car and I glance at Creighton, who was staring blankly at the jail. I reach over and grab his hand. "You okay?" I ask quietly.

He snaps out of whatever trance he was in and glances over at me. "Yes. Shall we go?"

"You can back out now Creighton. If you don't want to see her."

He shakes his head and tightens his grip on my hand. "Let's go."

I lean over and kiss his cheek and we get out of the car. I just hope it goes alright.

•••

Creighton was sat beside me, his leg shaking. I couldn't help but reach over and gently place my hand over his thigh. He tenses but soon enough his hand finds mine and he holds it.

"If you want to go, tap my leg three times." I whisper to him.

He nods his head. A few seconds later, she walks in. Her blue eyes were dark. Her brunette hair was loosely tied up. Her hands were cuffed as a guard escorts her in.

She sits down opposite us. "I missed you Creighton." she says, smiling like the devil.

"I definitely can't say the same." he replies, making a small smile creep on my face.

"What are you smiling at?" she snarls at me.

"The irony of it all. You tried so hard to ruin our lives but it failed. You're in jail for majority of your life."

She raises a brow. "Only for 10 years." she says.

"Thats only for the kidnapping charge. When Creighton finally gets justice for what you did to him, I'm going to make sure you don't see the light of day."

Her smile drops as she tilts her head to the side. "Justice for Creighton?" she repeats incredulously. "He enjoyed what we did together. He finished every time." she laughs. "You know you loved what i did to you Creighton. When I would run my hands across your chest. When I would sink to my knees." she seductively replies.

Creighton tenses underneath my touch and I glare at her. "That still doesn't change the fact that you forced him. You drugged him. He didn't have a say."

She scoffs. "He enjoy-"

"I never enjoyed a single thing you did to me, Isabella. I had to fake an orgasm every time just so you can leave. I would throw up in the toilet every day just because I could still feel you." I could hear the raw emotion in every word he spoke and I just wanted to hold him.

Tears blur my eyes as I tighten my grip on him. "You never loved him Isabella. You don't know what love is." i tell her. "You used him."

"That's all he's good for." she sneers. "I would hear you crying in your room because you killed your siblings, Creighton. You weren't strong enough to save them. It's you Creighton. You were too unloveable. That's why your dad left. That's why your mum barely tolerates you. No one loves you, Creighton."

Creighton taps my leg once..twice and I jerk up, pulling him with me. "Take her away." I command the guard.

She laughs again. "Couldn't handle the truth, could he? Anoushka if I was you, I would get away now. When you find out how his mind works, it's only going to hurt you."

The guard pulls her away and Creighton drops onto the chair. I kneel in front of him, pulling him into my chest. "I'm so sorry." I whisper. "I love you." I repeat.

His hand snakes around my back as he holds me closer to his chest. "I love you. Every piece of you." I whisper. "Your brain. Your personality. Your everything." I continue. He had to know that. I refuse to let her take him away from me. "Creighton," I whisper, grabbing his jaw so that he can look at me.

His eyes were empty, not an ounce of emotion exists in them. "Please talk to me." I whisper, pressing my forehead against his. "Don't shut me out."

"I should have listened to you." his hoarse voice replies. "I shouldn't have come here."

"We can't change it." I murmur. "Are you okay?" I ask.

He nods stiffly.

"How about we go on a drive? We'll get ice cream and I'll allow you to control the music."

A small smile ghosts his lips as he stands up. I try to walk away but he pulls me back, pressing his lips against mine. "I love you Anoushka," he whispers.

"I love you too," I reply, intertwining my fingers with his as we leave the jail. I needed to get this off his mind. I won't let it consume him.

•••

"Would you like to go to the cinema?" I ask, glancing over at him.

He shakes his head. "Take a left here," he says and I do as he says. We approach an empty road. "Creighton, where are we going?" I ask.

"Park up," he states.

He gets out of the car and I follow after him like a lost puppy. Soon enough I realize where we were. It was an open field with flowers spreading across the acres of land. The sun setting perfectly. "It's beautiful," I whisper.

"It is." he replies, his voice closer than before. His arms creep around my waist as he holds me. "Creighton." I murmur.

"Yes angel."

"Are you doing okay? I'm really sorry. I should've kept quiet. She wouldn't have said all of that if I hadn't spoken."

He turns me around. "Do not blame yourself Angel. I was the one that insisted on seeing her. I can bear the consequences."

I relax in his hold as I wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm always going to love you Creighton. I won't leave you."

"I love you too Angel but sometimes I feel like I'm holding you back." he whispers. "You heard her. When you find out the way I actually am, you'll hate me."

I shake my head. "Let me make the decision to love you."

His eyes soften as he cups my face. "I don't deserve you." he mutters.

"Yes you do Creighton. Fuck what she says. You deserve happiness and love."

He presses his lips against mine and I melt against him. "What she said about my siblings." he whispers. "I didn't know how to tell you."

I press my finger against his lips, hushing him. "You can tell me at your own pace. I won't force you to tell me."

He shakes his head. "I have to. Before they died, I refused to take them into the ocean until my little sister begged me to. I went to the bathroom and when I came back they were already in the ocean. Too far out." his voice begins to tremble and I tighten my grip around his hands. "My dad was sat there. He hadn't even realised that his children were drowning. As soon as I heard my sister call my name, I swam out but I was too late." he whispers. "I dragged their dead bodies back so they wouldn't be left alone. I knew my mum wouldn't grieve properly if I didn't bring them back."

"You pulled their dead bodies out of the water." I whisper, my voice hoarse and shaky. "Thank you for letting me in." I say. "For telling me."

"I love you Anoushka and I'm trying to let you in because last time you tried to help me I hurt you."

"Creighton," I whisper, knocking on his door.

"What." I hear his sharp response.

I push open his door and he was sitting up on his bed, smoking. "I thought you quit." I whisper more to myself than him.

"Compared to everything that has happened recently, I'm pretty sure smoking is the least important," he says, rolling his eyes.

I clear my throat, ignoring his mood. "I made you chocolate cupcakes."

"I don't want your chocolate cupcakes." he replies, bluntly.

I set them on his desk and I sit beside him on his bed. He flickers the dead joint onto the ashtray on his bedside table. "Your mum wants to see you."

He nods. "So why are you here?" he asks, harshly.

I swallow hard. "I just want to help you." I whisper.

"Well don't. I don't need you."

I shake my head. "Don't shut me out, Creighton." I say. "Asking for help isn't a weakness."

"Take your own fucking advice, Anoushka." he shouts.

I flinch back out of shock and hurt. "You're being mean Creighton," I whisper.

"Then leave!" he snaps.

I nod stiffly. "Talk to me when you're ready to apologise."

He never spoke to me after that. He tried to but I shut him out.

•••

"I'm sorry." he says.

I furrow my brows. "For what?"

"The way I spoke to you after I lost my siblings. I shut you out when you were just trying to help."

"I know and I always understood why. You didn't need me."

He shakes his head. "I always needed you, I was just too much of an idiot to admit it." 

I kiss him. "That's all in the past. I don't want to dwell on it."

He deepens the kiss and I pull away to look at him. "We should go back soon," I whisper against his lips. "We aren't roommates anymore."

He rests his forehead against mine. "Who's going to make me those delicious brownies?" he asks against my lips.

A soft laugh leaves me as I cup his cheek. "I'll bring some over tomorrow."

"That sounds perfect Angel."

I wrap my arms around Creighton as he holds me tight to his chest. There was something so fascinating about being held by him. Before him, I loathed physical touch. I never hugged anyone because it was too intimate for my liking but whenever I see Creighton all I want to do is hug him because intimacy with him was all I desired.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

White Lies (Book 1) By Lily W

Mystery / Thriller

10.6M 179K 44
Jesabel is a liar. When her only friend mysteriously disappears, she does what comes naturally. She keeps her truth from the world. Without warning...
3.2K 210 24
Highest Rankings: #12 in Teenmother (11th May 2018) #60 in Teen Fiction #59 in Chicklit😘(23rd July 2018) Meeting you was fate, becoming your frien...
1.6K 125 27
It is popularly known that whatever happens, happens to be good. Whether it's going to happen or even it happened. And it happens like a blessing. Fo...
133K 8.7K 56
When A.J. is forced into an internship with her father's business, she finds herself touring with the biggest band in the world, and the man who will...