A True Hero And Champion ( Au...

By GeekyAJ

= An alternate reality where if the time ash lost the kalos league to alain the outcome will be different, tr... More

1 | Journey Home
2 | Escaping
3 | Eevee In Trouble
4 | Arceus And Alola
5 | Fated Encounter
6 | Meeting The Professor
7 | The Traitors Part 1
8 | The Traitors Part 2
9 | The Truth And Shopping
10 | Pokémon School
11 | First Battle
12 | Lillie In Denial
13 | First Pokemon And Trial
14 | Celebration Preparation 1
15 | Celebration Preparation 2
16 | Fishing Date
17 | Vulpix And Rocket
18 | Fighting Spirit
19 | Oh Brother, Oh Family
20 | Confessions Day
X | Author's Note
21 | Under The Alolan Moon
X | Cover Change
22 | Confrontation
23 | Birthday Bash With Max
0.1 | Side Story ( Dawn, Mallow And Lana )
24 | Brooklet Hill
25 | Wela Volcano
0.2 | Bonnie And Max
26 | Lush Jungle
X | Cover Change Again
27 | Lush Jungle, Green Field
29 | Trouble Brewing
30 | Mighty Beast Roar
31 | What's Next Traitors?
32 | Recovery
X | Update

28 | Rocky Path

658 12 19
By GeekyAJ

Welcome to a new chapter of A True Hero and Champion!
When we last left our heroes, ash had cleared all 3 trials of the akala island, with only the grand trial left!
Greninja is drawing closer to the island, but what about team rocket?
Stay tuned to find out!

Now onward to adventure!

Ash's Pokemon:

Pikachu
Eevee
Rowlet
Rockruff
Floatzel
Snivy

————————————————————————————————————

3rd POV

Everyone was now in the hotel, they could only rent a room with 4 beds, so of course lillie was with ash, lillie tried to protest the idea, ash being ash had no clue and had no problem with it, lillie whoever didn't like the idea, well she really liked it but she was embarrassed to say she wanted to sleep with ash, they slept next to each other before, but this bed was a little smaller, It left little space between them.

Lillie however gave up in the end when the other 3 beds became occupied with lana sleeping with mallow and dawn they made it work, although they were really close to each other that lana probably would have melted right there and then from being a tomato berry, she tried to protest too but mallow and dawn forced her into it, and then sophocles and kiawe and the last occupied by an angry gladion and moon.

Brock being the only one left without a bed, decided to sleep on the couch himself, brock was okay with the couch, years of camping with ash made the couch seem more comfortable than it seemed.

Right now everyone was asleep, well everyone but lillie who couldn't sleep, She didn't know if it was because of ash or because she was thinking of the past few days and the past.

She would have never imagined she would be together with someone like ash, touching pokemon bit by bit, or even having adventures like this.
It honestly made her feel really happy that ash came to her and nebby's rescue on the first day he got here, if he wasn't there, she wouldn't have talked to her mother, found her brother, met dawn, bonnie and the others or even be touching pokemon.

But something else was in the back of her mind, gladion told her she was almost taken by an ultra beast, a scary pokemon she presumed, but then who saved her? It couldn't have been her brother, he was small like her when it happened, It couldn't have been her mother, she was always too busy with work.

As many thoughts came into lillies head, she slowly drifted to sleep, when she did a memory played in her dream, It was her walking around in what seemed to be aether foundation.  

It was dark and scary, lillie was looking for her brother but Instead what she found was faba, one of her mother's coworker, a fairly old man who wore green glasses, infront of what seemed to be a portal machine of some kind, lillie didn't understand what was happening, faba then pulled a lever and the portal glowed, tearing a rift and letting out what seemed to be a jellyfish type of pokemon.

Lillie grew scared and started to back away, faba however heard her now and turned around in shock, "Miss lillie!" He yelled as he saw the little girl, the jellyfish pokemon seeing the girl, went straight for her and grabbed her.

Lillie screamed loudly as it started taking her away, she screamed for help, she was in tears as she dropped the clefairy doll she was holding.

"No miss lillie!" Faba yelled, but couldn't move in fear of what he's done, gladion appeared hearing screaming, his eyes grew wide at what he saw.

"L-lillie! Faba what did you do??!"He yelled in panic, almost in tears, faba couldn't answer, lillie was almost gone but then someone dashed towards her with great speed, to lillie it was a scary experience the pokemon was dashing straight towards her.

Lillie then woke up with a jolt, and was sweating all over, she looked around it was still night and everyone was sleeping, she felt like crying, actually she was already crying, she didn't want to remember, the pokemon was a bit blurry but it was still terrifying for her, that dream was the worst, she couldn't go back to sleep, instead she sat there on the bed, crying in silent hoping no one would hear her, but she was wrong.

Ash's POV

I thought I heard someone crying as I stirred from my sleep, I looked around and saw everyone was asleep, but I remembered there was lillie so I turned around and I was right she was hugging her knees as she cried.

"Lillie?" I asked as I sat up and leaned on the bed frame, she flinched as she lifted her head up to look at me, she quickly wiped away her tears.

"H-hey ash, sorry for waking you up." She said to me as she tried to smile, I frowned at her trying to hide it, I grabbed her hand and looked at her.

"You don't have to hide anything from me, do you want to talk about it?" I asked her genuinely, she seemed touched as she held my hand back, she seemed unsure of the answer.

"It was just a nightmare, the same dream I told you before, but this time it was clearer and had more detail, of the time I almost got taken away by an ultra beast as Gladion told us all, in my dream I was wondering in a prohibited section of aether foundation, which is weird because I wasn't even supposed to be there!Suddenly a coworker of my mother, opened this wormhole, and an ultra beast came out, It tried taking me away forever, my brother arrived but he couldn't do anything being just a kid like me, suddenly there was this other pokémon, it looked so terrifying as it charged towards me as I was being taken away, it was a bit blurry, But I didn't want to remember.." She admitted as she got closer to me so our shoulders were touching.

"I see it happened again, do you.. Maybe.." I started to say, but I became too embarrassed, but lillie needed me.

"I'm sure the nightmare was scary, and remembering the memory is too, but remember that I'm here for you, the pokemon can't harm you and nothing will take you away as long as I'm here and breathing, I know you hate how you can't touch pokemon anymore, but you managed to touch snowy and eevee, It'll only be a matter of time before you can touch everyone, I'm sure of it! what I'm
trying to say is, everything will be fine trust me, and if you want to do you want to lay down on me tonight? That way you won't be as terrified and I'll be able to watch over you.." I shyly suggested, lillie looked red even in the dark I could tell.

"W-wow ash.. Thank you.. I've never had anyone who cared that much except for gladion and moon when we were kids of course, now I have you and everyone else, If that's okay with you maybe I'd actually like that idea you suggested.." She shyly said to me, I nodded and we both laid back down, but this time lillie moved closer to me and put her head on my chest, I slowly wrapped my arms around her, she flinched slightly at the contact but soon relaxed.

It was the first time we did this, when she first had a nightmare she just fell asleep on my shoulder, so I'm a bit nervous but if it helps her I'm all for it, she closed her eyes and her breathing steadied, "Your heartbeat is nice ash, it reminds me that you'll always be here for me, well and alive always watching out for me, thank you for doing this." She thanked me as I feel her slowly drifting to sleep, I whispered to her "Anything for you."

Before surrendering to tiredness, a single thought came across my mind, "I'll do anything to protect you, and everyone I love on this region."

3rd POV

Everyone woke up the next morning, and needless to say they all saw ash and lillie cuddling in their sleep, moon, mallow and dawn all took this opportunity to take a picture and send it to bonnie and lillie's mom, of course to professor Burnet and delia too.

The boys were all laughing at the sight, except gladion who looked like he would blow like wela volcano any minute.
But deep inside he was glad to see his sister this happy in such a long time, but he's still not fond about this.

As ash and lillie woke up they saw everyone looking at them funny, when they realized the position they were in they immediately stood up and got out of it.

"Be quiet! It was just an accident I swear!" Lillie quickly shot down any tease thrown her way, embarrassed at being caught cuddling her boyfriend in bed all of the sudden.

"Yeah what she said!" Ash went along not wanting to be embarrassed any further, he tried to play it cool, which he failed very miserable because he is bad at lying.

Denying anything that was asked especially lillie who's as red as a tomato berry, she stopped herself from trying to hit mallow and dawn, luckily lana kept her girlfriend's in check being in the same boat and club as lillie, someone easily embarrassed at teasing and the idea of contact and romance, she felt kinda bad for her, although she was also enjoying this.

After calming down from all the laugher and teasing, they all left the hotel and went to the grand trial, when they arrived they were met with a beautiful dark purple haired woman who they assumed was the island kahuna.

"Hello, I'm olivia the island kahuna, you must be ash right?" Olivia asked the raven haired trainer who nodded.

"Oh olivia! My name is brock! I've been waiting all my life to meet someone with beauty like yours! Will you do me the honors of-!" Brock started with his girl crush fantasies but then got punched by croagunk and got knocked down and dragged away.

Olivia was blushing and kept looking at brock who was being dragged away, she looked distracted.

"Do you think olivia likes brock? Like actually?" Dawn whispered to lana and mallow who pondered for a moment, "She must be, who would blush for a weirdo like him!" Mallow whispered back, lana agreed.

"Wow someone actually likes brock?" Ash commented, "You don't have the right to comment mr. Clueless about romance." Sophocles retorted and ash glared at him.

"If I'm so clueless how do I have a girlfriend hah sophocles?" Ash fought back but he got an answer he wasn't expecting.

"I don't know either mr. clueless." Lillie added her own remark like she didn't know why she was dating ash, ash hanged his head on defeat as everyone laughed.

"Alright! That's enough let's get this trial started shall we?" Olivia snapped everyone out of it as she clapped both her hands.

Ash nodded and Olivia led him to the battle field, while the others sat by the sits at the side of the field to watch.

"This is a battle between Olivia the island kahuna and ash the trial challenger! This will be a 3 on 3 battle, whoever's pokemon remains standing is the winner, battle begin!" The referee announced as he pulled up his flag.

"Go floatzel!" Ash threw out his pokemon first and out came his sinnoh region pokemon that he got from dawn.

"Go anorith!" Olivia threw out her own, "Use metal claw!" Anorith went up towards floatzel as it's claws began to glow, He swang is arms to hit but floatzel caught it in the perfect time.

"Floatzel use watergun and then sonic boom!" Floatzel knocked back anorith by shooting watergun at it's face, and sent it flying backwards with the sonic boom, in just a few moves anorith was knocked out.

"Wow I must admit you're strong, but I won't lose, go lileep!" Olivia returned anorith and chose her next option.

"We'll see about that! Floatzel use aqua jet!" Ash commanded, floatzel surrounded itself with a vail of water and charged at lileep, lileep however dodged the attack.

"Confuse ray!" floatzel stopped the aqua jet and turned around only to be met with a confuse ray, floatzel became confused and couldn't focus.

"Good, now wrap!" Lileep quickly came up to buizel and wrapped floatzel tightly suffocating him second by second.

"Floatzel! Sonic Boom to get out!" Ash suggested but Floatzel couldn't move as the wrap was getting tighter, "Use mgea drain!" Olivia made a move and lileep began suckling the energy of floatzel bit by bit.

After a few seconds he let go of floatzel who couldn't move anymore.

"Floatzel is unable to battle, lileep is the winner." Referee announced, Ash returned floatzel with gratefulness for it's battling, and grabbed a new pokeball, "I choose you snivy!"

"So it's my turn hah? This'll be easy." Snivy confidently told ash, ash smirked, "Yeah so let's do this snivy use leaf storm!" Ash agreed and snivy jumped in the air unleashing a powerful leaf storm towards lileep.

"Lileep use energy ball!" Lileep gathered energy and shot it at snivy, the leaf storm hit it sending lileep back, the energy ball was going to hit snivy back but surprisingly ash had a plan.

"Alright use leaf blade!" Snivy gathered energy on it's tail and hit the energy ball back at lileep who was at the ground, It didn't have to react so It hit it directly the impact made lileep fly out of the field.

"Lileep is unable to battle! Snivy is the winner!" The refere confirmed, olivia returned her pokemon and set out her last pokemon.

"Piece of cake for someone like me." Snivy said as she won the battle.

"Go lycanroc!" Olivia sent out her last pokemon, It was a midday form lycanroc, Ash saw a midnight form before from gladion but not this one.

"Lycanroc use accelerock!" Olivia commanded, ash and snivy didn't know what the move was, but they were shocked when lycanroc dashed at full speed towards snivy.

"Snivy look out, dodge it!" Ash shouted as fast as he could but it was too late, lycanroc hit snivy hard sending her flying to ash, ash caught her in his arms even though the impact was great, it sent him flying to the wall behind him.

"Ack!" He grunted as he's back hit the wall, snivy was now defeated with swirls in it's eyes but soon it regained conscious, "A-ash! I'm sorry are you okay?!" Snivy asked concern for it's trainer, ash got up still holding snivy.

"Y-yeah I'm okay don't worry, you did great snivy thank you." Ash thanked snivy, and returned her to her ball to rest.

"Are you sure you're okay ash?" Pikachu who was on his shoulder asked in concern, ash confirmed it as he rubbed pikachu's chin

"Ash! Are you okay?!" Lillie and the alola gang yelled from the bleachers as they saw ash hit the wall bad.

"I'm fine! I'm used to this!" He yelled back, which probably wasn't the best thing to say at the moment.

Olivia was surprised and amused at how ash caught snivy at the risk of hurting himself.

Lillie's POV

"Is he always doing that?!" I asked brock who traveled with him the longest, brock sweat dropped before nodding.

All of us except brock were shocked at how ash would rather save his pokemon than anything else.
Professor kukui though seemed to be smirking, I think he was getting more fond of ash.

3rd POV

"Alright rockruff let's do this!" Ash released his last pokemon into battle, rockruff who he only caught recently.

"Ohh a rockruff this'll be interesting." Olivia told him, but she noticed something off.

"Rockruff use rock throw!" Ash commanded, but rockruff didn't listen instead it charged ahead towards lycanroc and used bite, It was being aggressive all of the sudden.

"Rockruff! What are you doing?!" Ash asked confused all of the sudden, the gang were all confused too except gladion who knew exactly what this was.

"Ash! If a rockruff acts aggressive it's showing signs that it's close to evolving!" Gladion yelled from the bleachers, ash was surprised but he would lose if rockruff didn't listen soon.

"Well too bad for you this is a battle so we have to finish, Lycanroc use stone edge!" Lycanroc summoned a bunch of blue rocks infront of him, sending lycanroc flying into the air, "Follow up with accelerock!" lycanroc jumped up the stone edges and with great speed tackled rockruff.

Rockruff was gravely damaged as It hit the ground, but it stood up still acting aggressive and violent eveb with all it's injuries.

"Rockruff! Please listen to me! Use rock throw!" Ash tried one more time to reach rockruff, But it was no use.

"This is over ash sorry about this." Olivia who was about to finish it, suddenly rockruff stopped moving.

"Huh? What happened?" Ash asked as he looked at rockruff, He wasn't moving, just staring but he didn't know at what.

The gang followed rockruff's eyes and realized he was looking at the sun, but It wasn't midday or midnight It couldn't be evolving from staring at the current position of the sun.

But they were wrong, rockruff suddenly started glowing, everyone grew wide eyed at what was happening at the moment, when the light died down what stood there was a lycanroc, but It didn't look midday or midnight.

"Ro- I mean lycanroc?" Ash asked in confirmation, lycanroc barked happily as it faced ash with a smile.

"That's incredible! It's a new form!" Olivia shouted from the other side as she examined the lycanroc.

"Let's call it dusk form!" Olivia suggested, looking at how it evolved at dusk, everyone was shocked that ash could achieve a new evolution.

"Alright a dusk form lycanroc that's so cool!" Ash celebrated, "Well let's do this buddy use accelerock!" Ash commanded, lycanroc now new and evolved had new moves, It sped up towards olivia's lycanroc at great speed.

"Counter with our own accelerock! Olivia ordered, as her own lycanroc charged towards ash's, they came into contact and both got sent back, they both growled and used accelerock again and again each time the impact became stronger.
They were so fast no one could keep up with the battle.

With one last charge, they both went in but at the last minute ash's lycanroc jumped up in the air and grabbed onto the wall behind them, olivia's lycanroc stopped in his tracks to look, but it was too late.

"Lycanroc do it!" Lycanroc sped up with accelerock and made impact with midday lycanroc sending it rolling on the ground hard.

"Lycanroc get up and use stone edge!" Olivia quickly said, lycanroc got up but flinched from the pain, but used stone edge anyway, hitting ash's lycanroc.

"Let's finish this with a Z-move! Olivia shouted as she pressed her Z-ring, It was a rock type Z-move, she perfectly did the dance in sync with lycanroc as if they were one.

"Let's do a Z-move too lycanroc!" Ash followed suit, but since he didn't have a rock type Z-move, he decided to use his normalium-Z instead, he pressed the ring as lycanroc got up, with perfect sync ash and lycanroc did the Dance perfectly with energy flowing around them.

"Continental crush!" Olivia finished, olivia's lycanroc summoned a huge rock from the sky and sent it crushing down towards lycanroc.
"Breakneck blitz!" Ash followed, lycanroc felt the power and charged towards olivia's lycanroc.

"Let's do this!" Both of them yelled as their pokemon, but they didn't hear that ash said something at the last moment.

The 2 Z-moves made an explosion and the whole field was in smokes, everyone was at the edge of their sits for the results.

Dawn's POV

That was an intense battle, we were all nervous as to who won the battle, especially lillie who was staring so hard at the field searching for some sign of ash's lycanroc.

The smoke began to clear after a few minutes, and we saw that both lycanroc were still standing, but none of them were moving at all.

Ash's POV

The waiting was making me anxious, they aren't moving at all, but they were both injured a lot from the battle.

We waited and waited for anything, a sign or something, and something happened, olivia's lycanroc flinched and before we knew it, It was now unconscious on the ground.

I couldn't believe it, I actually won the battle, I ran towards lycanroc and hugged it as tight as I could.

"Lycanroc you did it! You're amazing thank you!" I thanked my pokemon and It reciprocated but rubbing it's rocks on me, It hurt but I was happy.

"Ash congratulations you won!" Lillie ran up to me to hug me tight, I hugged her back and spun her around all happy, "It's all thanks to floatzel, snivy and lycanroc!" I told her as we continued to hug.

"But how did you pull that off?" Lana asked as the others followed lillie towards me, "At the last moment I told lycanroc to use accelerock to increase it's speed, So it hit olivia's lycanroc even faster before the continental crush could hit it, the impact was so powerful I guess It fainted her lycanroc." I explained sheepishly, everyone stared in disbelief.

"Well I'm surprised ash, but that was an amazing battle, as proof of your victory, here is the rockium-Z." Olivia came over and handed to me a Z-crystal.

"Alright I won a rockium-Z!" I shouted as I posed like always, everyone was happy for me, we took a picture with olivia to keep the memory of today, with snivy, floatzel and lycanroc in the picture.

"And have this too, a special Z-crystal for lycanrocs to use, It can allow them to use the move splintered stormshards, this is the dance for both the crystals." Olivia proceeded to demonstrate how to use them, I thanked her before we left to go back to the hotel once again before officially heading back to mele mele tomorrow morning.

————————————————————————————————————————

That's the end of this chapter!
The pending evil is drawing closer!will ash be able to make it or not?
Will max, bonnie, Gary and paul be okay?
Only time will tell.
As the journey continues!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 3.1K 38
[Story cover edited by me] Description: Ash is heading back to Pallet Town in Kanto after a crushing defeat with the battle with Alain, making him co...
98.1K 1.1K 35
Ash Ketchum has just arrived at Pallet Town after coming back from Kalos he went on a 3 month long journey around Kanto and Johto gathering his old P...
18.7K 776 13
A team and a partner that was all a trainer needed but what if that very own team and the partner Ash had for years, suddenly decided that he wasn't...
197K 3K 26
⚠️Rewritten⚠️ Search 'Resurgence| A Pokémon Fanfiction' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 'Never Give Up Until The End' Is what got him to where he is toda...