Foxtail's Tale | Remus Lupin...

HannahDottier által

"It's fineeeeeeee, no one got hurt." "You blew off the top of the... Több

Foxtail's Tale
Trailer & Playlist
Graphics
Prolouge
Epigraph
01|The Hogwart Express
02|Full Moon Rising
03|Early Play
04|Muggle Pranks
05|Runaway Son
06|Oh My Juliet
07|Aurora Buckthorn
08|Faded Dimple Smile
09|Tipsy Muggle Fun
10|Wands & Saftey Pins
11|Wedding Bells
12|A Long Night in Silvery Oaks
13|Sleeping Together
14|Hiding a Scandel
15|First Defiance
16|Fuck The Dark Lord
17|Welsh & Wonderful Women
18|Flukes & Fudge
19|Autumn Dance

20|Future Proposal

102 4 0
HannahDottier által

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

7th Year of Hogwarts
❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

ELOISE, JAMES, Sirius, Remus and Peter hid behind the corner of the corridor that led to the Slytherin dungeons. They each stuck their heads in the corridor to watch the entrance. Peter spat and fussed at Eloise's long hair in his face and she shoved his shoulder. Remus encountered the same problem with Sriius' conditioned black locks and tried blowing them away with no success.

"Quiet," James whisper yelled as a few Slytherins rounded the corner, sounding the silent alarm. Peter pulled out his wand and flicked it, lighting the fuse. Anticipation crackled between the five friends, their eyes trained on the approaching students.

Then loud bangs came and the fireworks went off, and a huge red dragon flew into the sky. The snakes cried and one jumped to the floor, holding their bookbag above their head as futile protection. The dragon of fire circled around and roared at the standing students who took off running.

Sirius swished his wand and the dung bombs went off. Remus and James worked together as the best transfiguration students to cause stones in the wall to grow out into branches and block off the hallway.

Meanwhile, Eloise glanced down at the map she held in her hands. "Time to run lads, Filch's coming." The brunette pulled out James' invisibility cloak and unfolded it for them to clamber under.

A black dog, red fox and grey rat took the places of three of the Marauders. They weren't kids anymore, and gone were the days when they all fit under the relic. Remus was spreading the cloak out over himself and holding out his arms so the others could join them, Wormtail jumped up to grab the cloak with his little paws. James pushed his rectangular glasses up so they sat straight on his nose and spotted something on the map.

"Fuck, Filch's too close," James muttered, he bit his lip before pushing the map into Remus' chest. "Come on." He transformed into a stag and took off galloping towards Filch, Remus frowned and sighed exasperatedly before hiding under the cloak.

The other three animals also took off with the stag, Wormtail held on for dear life onto Padfoot's tail. "Hold it there you filthy maggoting arse-hatted--" Filch's scream was interrupted as a stag, dog and fox barreled past him. The man opened and closed his mouth before turning to his young cat, hardly an adult one. "Come on Mrs Norris, no wild animals allowed inside the castle."

Inaudible giggles came from Remus as he crept past the squib and cat, concealed from their beady eyes.

Minerva McGonogall was sipping her tea calmly and was already in her room since Lily Evans as Head Girl assured the professor that she could have the night off. Her mostly black hair was in a loose braid down her back and she was clad in a red tartan robe.

Sounds of wild commotion caught the woman's attention and she rose from her seat, took her wand and wandered out of her room and the teacher's corridor. She had just arrived in a hall open to students when she saw Eloise Matilda Prewett and Sirius Orion Black sitting on a stag with a rat perched on Sirius' shoulder.

"Hi professor," Sirius called, offering a sloppy wave in greeting.

"Don't worry, we are taking care of the animal situation," Eloise assured with a large smile. Then Filch's screaming and dragged running could be heard from down the hallway and Remus came running.

Minerva blinked at the scene before turning her back and trailing away from her students, who watched her go with shocked expressions.

The deer grunted, recalling the attention and so Sirius turned back to Remus and clambered off of Prongs' back and bowed to Remus. "Hop on my lord."

"What about you?" Remus questioned as Eloise helped him up.

Sirius grinned like a madman, striking fear into the hearts of James and Remus, and utter glee in Eloise's whilst Peter just looked worried. "I have my own transportation." The boy cast a charm and transformed his black boots into rollerblades, he grabbed Remus' hand and smacked Prongs' behind.

Prongs huffed before taking off.

Needless to say, when they rounded the first corner, Sirius went flying. The boy flew through the air and smashed through Nearly Headless Nick before landing flat on his face and his spine nearly folding over himself. He lost two teeth that day. And the Marauders lost their precious map to Filch that night. The one true triumph the man had in his seven-year-long war against the Marauders.

☆——⍟——☆

Snow fell from above, signalling that they'd finally have a white Christmas, at least at Hogwarts. By a familiar tree, Eloise was seated with Frank next to her. The way this duo came to be was quite simple, half an hour earlier Lily, Alice and Peter had been there, but they all had to leave. And so the unlikely duo happened.

Considering James insisted that the Gryffindors win the quidditch cup that year, Eloise had quidditch homework. Suddenly her favourite school-related activity became boring and she was looking for any distraction from the gameplans. So when Frank cleared his throat to start speaking, Eloise perked up and snapped her head to the side.

Frank blinked at her before timidly scratching his neck. "So, with everything going on outside I want to commit?" He frowned at his own word choice and Eloise glanced back at the parchment on the snow by her feet. "Commit to Alice I mean," He quickly added for clarification and looked away to the Black Lake. "What do you think about this ring?" He produced a small ring box from his pocket and revealed the ring inside. It was a simple, thin gold band with a few blue gems peppered around the centre.

Eloise's eyebrows shot up to her hairline like they never had before. The closest time that happened was when she saw James shirtless for the first time after he had his growth spurt and came back from Quidditch Camp with a toned body. "You're going to ask her to marry you?" Eoise asked, eyes still wide as they settled on the lanky boy.

"Shhh," Frank hushed, eyes darting around the grounds as he grabbed Eloise's arm. No one paid the duo any attention and Frank sighed. "Well, these are dark times, I don't want to have any regrets," He murmured with a shrug.

The shocked expression morphed into a teasing smirk. "You are abosufuckinglutley smitten, Longbottom," She mused with a singing voice and Welsh accent lacing her words. Eloise tossed herself without warning and landed on the soft snow on her back. "Well, I'm sure Alice will love it, and otherwise..." Eloise started moving her limbs to create a snow angel, accidentally smacking one of her hands against Frank's calf. "Who gives a shite about a ring?"

"Touche," Frank said back, he pocketed the ring once more and pulled out Alice's camera as he spotted James sneaking up to the duo. "Thanks, Elo."

The girl in question pushed herself up onto her elbows and offered her dimpled smile. "You are most welcome. You have to admit Frankie, you'd be lost without me-" Just as the words left Eloise's lips, she screamed in terror as two strong hands heaved her up by her armpits and swung her up in the air. "BY MERLIN'S SHITTED KNICKERS!"

James roared with laughter and tossed Eloise slightly in his hands so she faced him. Neither noticed Frank snapping a picture of the duo.

"Just because you decided to grow like a bloody tree doesn't mean you can manhandle me," Eloise grumbled with a death glare. She was painfully aware of her platform heels dangling twenty centimetres in the air.

"Oh but you love it," James chuckled and pulled Eloise close into a hug. The witch was still airborne and James' muscles didn't appear to strain under the weight of the girl. "Why else would you be pixie sized."

Begrudgingly Eloise wrapped her arms around James' shoulders, she'd say it was purely to lessen the pressure of James' fingers digging into her flesh. "Why are you so clingy? Lily left you or...?" Eloise questioned as James finally returned her to the snow-covered ground and nodded friendly to Frank, who had long returned to his book.

The tall boy shook his head and tapped his left collarbone and realisation struck Eloise. "Already?" She inquired softly.

"Almost," James glanced up at the sky, it was starting to get dark. Dealing with Remus' cycle in winter was much more challenging than in summer, the moon tended to come out earlier than she did in the sunny months. "Remus' heading to Madame Pomfrey as we speak."

"Fuck," Eloise groaned. "Bye, Fran-Fran," She waved at Frank, who returned the gesture before she took off running, James hot on her heels. The two athletes made it into the school in no time and James headed up to their tower to retrieve the cloak and their two other partners in crime whilst Eloise beelined for the Hospital Wing.

Sure enough, Remus' thin frame came into view. "Moonsie!" Eloise called out, making the boy in question turn around to see his girlfriend race up to him. She skidded to a stop by him and rested her hands on her knees and dry heaved in an attempt to breathe.

An amused laugh came from Remus and he waited patiently for Eloise to at least partially recover when he addressed her. "Hello, Foxy." He smiled sweetly at her despite his aching body.

The girl grinned back. "Hey," She gave him a smouldering look before reaching out. Her fingers wrapped around where Remus' neck and shoulder met and he felt her digits press against his skin through his blue and green cardigan. Eloise gently tugged Remus down and pressed a kiss to his nose. "See you in a sec." She winked at him and then took off running back to where she'd meet her other boys.

Remus watched Eloise run into a first-year student with a lovesick look. He inhaled sharply and rubbed a hand over his scarred face and reminded himself once more.

Remus John Lupin was not worthy of Elosie Matilda Prewett and he never would be.

☆——⍟——☆

By the next morning when Remus awoke in the Hospital Wing, he was greeted by his friends. Sirius was boasting about Queen's newest album, James was playing with his snitch, Peter was nipping away at Remus' stash of candy and Eloise was attempting to steal the snitch from James.

And for a moment, life was good.

Due to the relatively easy nature of the full moon, Remus was able to venture to Hogsmeade that weekend. In the Three Broomsticks, Benji was waiting for them with six bottles of butterbeer. All Marauders were eager to see him and each greeted the Potter in their own way. Remus with a kind nod, James with a headlock wrestle that nearly broke the lanky man, Eloise with a shoulder punch that bruised Benji like a peach and Sirius hugged his boyfriend. Meanwhile, Peter offered a deflated nod when he noticed that Quinn wasn't able to make it.

"So, how're the hippogriffs?" James inquired as he wiggled into his seat across from his cousin. The boy messed up his already tousled hair and took a large swig of his butterbeer.

Benji tore his eyes away from Sirius' hand on his thigh and to his cousin. Giddiness immediately took over the twenty-year-old. "They're so amazing, their mating rituals are so beautiful-"

A snort came from Sirius and Benji turned to look at the Black boy. "Sorry, but I fancy the human way over the hippogriff dancing," He declared with a smirk and suggestive brows.

However, Benji was anything if not utterly oblivious to Sirius' flirting. In the expert opinions of very drunk Remus, James, Peter and Eloise, that is what allowed the duo to work so well. Well, that was what their inebriated minds decided during the previous summer over some firewhiskey and rum when they had started discussing the stable relationship, a first for the notorious playboy Sirius Black.

"No but their dancing is beautiful, it's intricate and an honour to study," Benji spoke enthusiastically, body fully turned to face his lover. In response, Sirius blinked, somehow still not understanding how much of his flirting went over Benji's head, and frowned as Benji started explaining the beauty of the mating rituals.

Peter licked his lips and cleared his throat, which made Benji grow bright and quiet whilst Sirius appeared murderous. "What is it Wormtail?" He demanded.

The boy in question pursed his lips and stared at his lap, prompting Sirius to repeat his questions. "The, the Order," Peter's beady eyes flicked around the room uncomfortably. "Wanted to know what creatures would join the-" Peter gulped. "What creatures would join us," He stuttered out with far too much effort.

Eloise rolled her eyes. "Could you say it any, any w-worse?" Eloise mocked, shaking her head.

It was that Benji was too preoccupied with his reply to scold Eloise, and with Peter's luck, none of his other friends cared to say anything. "Haven't found any," Benji replied softly, he pushed his own glasses up his nose and clamped his left hand around his right shoulder.

"Fuck," Sirius breathed out. He shook his head and reached behind to fasten his little black bun.

Around the young group, wizards and witches moved around, chattering loudly as they always did. But things had changed since the Marauders were allowed on their first Hogsmeade weekend, for one, the number of people talking about the war had grown exponentially and those not talking about the threat were the exception.

"Most of the werewolves and giants have joined him," Benji added lowly. Technically Benji wasn't in the Order of the Phoenix, but Dumbledore had quickly asked James to contact the other Potter. Albus knew that the Scammanders were less than likely to help him, but Benjamin Potter just might. And so the young man became an envoy of sorts of the Order who would keep tabs on what creatures were allying themselves with who.

Remus tensed and his friends all spared him a quick glance. Without hesitation, Eloise squeezed Remus' knee and rubbed his upper thigh in a comforting manner underneath the table. Tense silence befell the table and Eloise finished her butterbeer before coughing. "As fun as this is," She glanced at Remus, still somewhat tense beside her. "Why don't we go over to Honeydukes, I'm craving some chocolate."

"Is it?" James' eyes widened at Eloise and she slowly nodded. The boy quickly chugged down the rest of his butterbeer and sprinted over to the bar to pay for their drinks.

The rest, with the exception of Benji quickly shuffled out of their seats and started preparing to go outside. "How you keep getting away with that lie I'll never know," Benji chuckled as he wrapped his scarf around his neck and nuzzled into it.

With her dimples on display, Eloise buttoned her cloak in the front. "Privilege of having uterusless friends."

When James came back, the group moved out of the bar and onto the snow-covered streets of the town. As it was winter, the sun had already started to set despite the early hour and so the candles were being lit, coating the town in warm light.

"Put your scarf on," James groaned as he spotted Sirius in only a coat, the Black boy blew a raspberry in reply before sprinting as James launched himself at Sirius with a scarf in hand.

The remaining three ignored the ordeal and simply opened the door to Honeydukes and entered with the chime of the bell. Ambrosius Flume, with the first signs of grey hairs, greeted the familiar faces with a kind smile before he turned back to a box filled with sour frogs and started putting the sweets away.

As expected, Remus bolted in the direction of the chocolate, Peter to the fudge and Eloise towards the sour candies. Benji watched the three run off with a smile before heading towards the cookies.

With a tiny basket filled with an assortment of chocolate, Remus headed over to where Eloise was filling up a paper bag with sour lollies. "You didn't really need chocolate, did you?" He asked, eyeing his girlfriend with gentle brown eyes.

"Thought that might loosen you up," Eloise commented as she closed her paper bag and grinned up at him. "My fingers are starting to cramp from massaging that forehead of yours."

Remus reached out, cupping Eloise's cheek with one hand and tilted her head up slightly as he leaned down and kissed her tenderly. He pulled away and gently stroked Eloise's cheekbone with his thumb. "If I knew bringing you here would make you a goner, I'd have suggested it earlier," Eloise commented and Remus shook his head against her and kissed her again, eyes screwed shut. No need to think about the world outside or the allegiance of his people.

The two pulled apart completely and Remus rubbed his tender neck as the two made their way to the register, Remus reached into the pocket of his coat but stopped as Eloise paid for everything. He quirked a brow and opened his mouth to argue, but was stopped as Eloise smirked.

"I'm rich, and you deserve a treat."

☆——⍟——☆

In one of the mandatory defence classes, Eloise sat there with dropping eyes. She had thrown up her hair into a bun with multiple strands falling out, her tie was partially undone and she had done up some of her buttons in the wrong way. Granted, she hadn't slept in nearly two days and thus awoke with burning eyes and buzzing head. Helping her werewolf boyfriend/best friend and having an Order of the Phoenix gathering on the next day wasn't exactly good for beauty sleep.

The other girls were suffering less, but in Eloise's defence, her friends hadn't ran around the Forbidden Forest all night with a wolf, a stag, a dog and a rat. The brunette was dozing off in her seat, only to be rudely wakened by Alice. Eloise glared at the black-haired girl, who simply pointed at McGonogall.

Eloise cleared her throat, attempting to appear more awake than she felt. "Yes, Professor?" She rubbed her sore eyes.

McGonagall sighed, her stern gaze fixed on Eloise. "Perhaps you can demonstrate the Stunning Spell, Ms Prewett," The Scot gestured towards the practice dummy at the other side of the classroom. "Since you seem to be quite eager for sleep, maybe a little activity will keep you awake."

The Marauder grumbled softly as she stood up. She pulled her wand out of her pocket, silently cursing the school uniform that didn't allow wand holsters. Rubbing her eyes, she took a deep breath, trying to shake off her drowsiness. With a shaky hand, Eloise aimed her wand at the dummy that Professor McGonagall had indicated. She blinked a few times to clear her vision and forced herself to focus. With a swift downward motion, she incanted. "Stupefy!"

A brilliant blue light erupted from the tip of her wand, hitting the dummy squarely and sending it flying backwards. Eloise felt a rush of pride at the successful spell cast, even in her sleep-deprived state.

As the dummy crashed to the ground, Eloise's arms fell to her sides, her wand dangling loosely from her fingers. She offered the room a small, triumphant smile and executed a half-hearted bow, arms spread out. "And, do I pass, Professor?" Her voice carried a hint of cheekiness, almost as if she were challenging McGonagall's earlier remark.

The professor's lips twitched, a reluctant smile forming. She shook her head slightly, a mixture of amusement and exasperation in her gaze. "All this talent, and no work ethic," McGonagall shook her head, her eyes fixed on Eloise over the top of her rectangular glasses. "Imagine how good you could be with some proper effort."

Eloise straightened up, her smile widening. McGonagall's grudging praise was a rare occurrence, though a very welcome one. Eloise plopped back down on her seat just as Lily charmed her. Eloise's shirt was buttoned up and tucked in correctly, her tie neat and her hair pulled back uniformly. The Welsh girl narrowed her eyes at Lily, who shrugged. "If you want to be an auror, you should look the part." The redhead passed Eloise and got in line.

"Then I'd like my wand belt and some pants," Eloise mused back, much to Lily's chagrin. Eloise eyed the straight strands of her hair, that now reached her chest rather than shoulders. A quick charm of her own quickly fluffed up her hair to its usual state.

Class droned on until the bell sounded and everyone quickly packed their things.

The girls walked out of the classroom together, not halting the discussion they had been having. "Are you sure Remus isn't jealous of your broom?" Marlene asked as her shoulder slammed into a student that wasn't paying attention.

Eloise laughed. "He knows his place in my heart, quidditch is first, Wales is second and then he can settle."

"No wonder you're obsessed with the Holyhead Harpies," Dorcas muttered as she shook her head, curls bouncing as she did.

"Of course, they are all women, Welsh and fucking good at quidditch!" Eloise exclaimed, offended that they were making fun of her obsession.

At that moment, Professor Flitwick passed the girls. "Language, Ms Prewett!" He called out.

The girl in question rolled her eyes and cocked her head to look at Lily. "But are you ever jealous of James' quidditch obsession?" The redhead shook her head, saying that she did find it weird but wasn't jealous because his broom was an inanimate object. "Well then, point proven."

"That proves nothing," Alice giggled.

Before Eloise could continue the argument, Marlene spoke up. "I actually meant with you sitting on it so often," She cackled as Eloise turned bright red and haltered in her steps. The other girls also started laughing and Eloise took a page out of James' book as her right eye twitched at her friends.

"Sometimes I miss the days when I wasn't friends with you lot," Eloise grumbled, shoulders squared as she continued walking.

Lily and Marlene threw their arms around Eloise. "No you don't, you loveee us," Marlene sang loudly in Eloise's ear.

☆——⍟——☆

At the Gryffindor table during lunch, another student was missing as they cried in their room, at the Hufflepuff table at least five students were not present. Undoubtfully the twenty listed casualties in the Daily Prophet were the reason.

The front article confirmed what everyone had known for quite some time now. Deatheaters were no longer only targetting muggleborn members of the magical community and their muggle relatives, half- and purebloods were also being targeted. This had been the case since 1976, the brutal murders of Percival and Judy Prewett started the whole ordeal. It had been a full year since, and only now did the Ministry accept the increased target on her residents. Harold Minchum, the current Minister of Magic, had ignored the issue in fear of mass panic.

James Potter took it upon himself to cheer up the dreaded atmosphere amongst his friends. "I think we should make some bets on who here will become Ministers of Magic in the future," He declared, folding the paper and tossing it aside. "My bet is on," He bit his lip and craned his neck to look away at the other students. "Lilyflower." He kissed her cheek as everyone laughed.

"Don't be daft," Lily said back, James quirked a brow at her. "I don't have the temper for that."

Sirius snorted. "Very true-AU," Sirius yelped as someone--James--kicked him in the shins. "Hey, where's my right to free speech you git?" He crossed his arms defiantly. "Anyway, I think Schaklebolt might become one, I'll bet ten galleons on it."

"Who is that again?" Peter asked, stuffing a marmalade sandwich in his mouth as James called for him to eat with his mouth shut.

"The boy in sixth year from Ravenclaw," Dorcas answered as she tied off her second plait. "Dark skin, tall, frizzy curls and big eyes," She said as she picked up her mug, nearly overflowing with milk and tea.

With the subtlety of a wild pink boar on a trapezium, all of Dorcas' friends turned to look at the Ravenclaw table to search for the boy. Dorcas slammed a palm against her forehead.

Marlene shrugged. "My bet is on Crouch." The statement earned her bewildered looks.

"Crouch? That'll be the end of us all," Sirius commented with a disgusted look. "When he was five he killed a cat."

"That's disturbing," Frank breathed out as he smeared some strawberry jam onto his bread.

"I never said he'd be any good," Marlene piped up in defence of her statement. "He just seems like the type."

Remus pursed his lips and drank his coffee in thought. "I'll put ten on Scrimgeour, he's already working at the Ministry." He smiled over his mug.

"Fifteen on Rakepick," Peter declared.

Once more, shocked looks overtook the group. "Patricia?" Alice asked with a frown. "I don't know, she didn't appear trustworthy to me."

"It's politics," Eloise hollered as she dipped some toast into her orange juice. "Lying is like a job requirement."

"It shouldn't be," Lily commented mournfully as she leaned her head on her hand, hair brushing the table as she did.

Sirius stole a doughnut from Frank's plate, in spite of the audible protest and much to James' chagrin, spoke with a full mouth. "C'est la vie." He smirked, jam leaking over his lips and onto his white shirt.

James buried his head in the crook of Lily's head. "Fucking children," He whined as Lily patted James' back in a comforting manner.

a/n:
*cries in marauders*

i'm going to miss the hogwarts days, we have only like 4 or less chapters left of them at hogwarts. it really is only downhill from here :(

also james potter would sing 'i'm just ken' and would make the other marauders pull up shitty effects like the intro of 'new girl' please someone draw this lmaoo. i am convinced this would happen.

in case some people are confused with remus being so unsure with his relationship with eloise, it doesn't all stem from his lyncropathy (most of it does but yeah). you have to realise eloise is considered very attractive, she is fit, good at magic, smart, and usually kind, and when she is brash and insensitive it isn't directed to him so he doesn't notice it as much. point is he idolises her and if you keep putting someone on a pedestal you force yourself to be looked down upon.

oh ngl, when i was coming up with eloise i was genuinely struggling wether to make her dream career be a harpie or an auror, i know i haven't shown eloise's skills as a chaser much but she is nearly as good as james. james has a stronger throw arm than her but for the rest they're equally matched. but don't worry, eloise will still play some quidditch outside of hogwarts.

also height comparison of the marauders here.
as you can see, it's not an exaggeration to call elo tiny next to her boys.

bonus, a marauders tribute based on this book. i spent so much time on this,
so please let me know your thoughts!

funny post

y'all do realise that in this book, james, sirius and eloise (equally dramatic)
know him?!?! they're going to love that toddler so much and if any of them meet
grown-up oliver he'll be their favourite :)

date published:19 august
word count: 4634

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

689 41 19
"You're just a spineless, big-headed, moron Potter. Why on earth would I go out with a fleabag like you?" "It's just, James Potter!" says Sirius, lea...
442K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
9 0 2
Who ever wants to grow up? Especially in a time when growing up means taking your place in a war that doesn't quite feel like it's yours to be fought...
100K 2.9K 45
"Y/n, I will always be here for you." "Promise?" "I promise." ~*𓃦*~ Going to Hogwarts was something Y/n Black had been looking forward to her ent...