Change the Future

By SEHopeM

After the devastation of the battle of Hogwarts Aurora Potter decides that her and some of the others need to... More

*Back to 1976*
*PS 1*
*PS 2*
*PS 3*
*PS 4*
*PS 5*
*PS 6*
*CoS 1*
*CoS 2*
*CoS 3*
*CoS 4*
*CoS 5*
*CoS 6*
*CoS 7*
*CoS 8*
*CoS 9*
*POA 1*
*POA 2*
*POA 3*
*POA 4*
*POA 5*
*POA 6*
*POA 7*
*POA 8*
*POA 9*
*POA 10*
*POA 11*
POA 12
POA 13
POA 14
POA 15
POA 16
POA 17
POA 18
POA 19
James and Rory
GOF 1
GOF 2
GOF 3
GOF 4
GOF 5
GOF 6
GOF 7
GOF 8
GOF 9
GOF 10
GOF 11
GOF 12
GOF 13
GOF 14
GOF 15
GOF 16
GOF 17
GOF 18
GOF 19
GOF 20
GOF 21
GOF 22
GOF 23
GOF 24
GOF 25
GOF 26
GOF 27
OOTP 1
OOTP 2
OOTP 3
OOTP 4
OOTP 5
OOTP 6
OOTP 7
OOTP 8
OOTP 9
OOTP 10
OOTP 11
OOTP 12
OOTP 13
OOTP 14
OOTP 15
OOTP 16
OOTP 17
OOTP 18
OOTP 19
OOTP 20
OOTP 21
OOTP 22
OOTP 23
OOTP 24
Charlie
HBP 1
HBP 2
HBP 3
HBP 4
HBP 5
HBP 6
HBP 7
HBP 8
HBP 9
HBP 10
HBP 11
HBP 12
HBP 13
HBP 14
HBP 15
HBP 16
HBP 17
HBP 18
HBP 19
HBP 20
HBP 21
DH 1
DH 2
DH 3
DH 4
DH 5
DH 6
DH 7
DH 8
DH 9
DH 10
DH 11
DH 12
DH 13
DH 14
DH 15
DH 16
DH 17
DH 18
DH 19
DH 20
DH 21
DH 22
DH 23
DH 24
DH 25
DH 26
DH 27
DH 28
DH 29
DH 30
Dates
Rory's first few years
First Year
Second Year
Third Year
Fourth Year
Fifth Year
Sixth Year Part 1
Sixth Year part 2
Seventh Year
Proposal
Wedding
Babies
New Stories
Update?

OOTP 25

3K 75 6
By SEHopeM

"This bits a bit confusing so we're going to explain it" Hermione says looking at Harry.

"There's an in-between  sort of place. It's when you're between life and death so everything that happens there is real" 

Rory wakes to a bright room that she doesn't recognise. Turning her head she sees two people sat beside her.

"Mum, dad" She whispers as they both look at her. She sits up looking.

"Aurora" Lily says as she wraps her arms around Rory whilst James places his hand on her shoulder.

"Am I dead" they both smile at her.

"No. You used a lot of power trying to save Sirius and your body needs time to repair itself" Sirius walks in as Lily finishes talking. Rory stands quickly running to him as he wraps his arms around her.

"I'm so sorry Pads I tried, I really did. I never wanted you to die" he strokes the back her head.

"It wasn't your fault little wolf. I wasn't going to let you die for me"

"But you didn't deserve to die it was our fault, you shouldn't of been there"

"I would do it again in a heartbeat. Making sure you and Harry are safe is all I ever cared about. And now I'm back with my best friend and eventually we'll all be together again but not for a long, long time" he says smiling at James.

James and Sirius smile at each other.

"Rory. You can't blame yourself" James says walking over to her, Rory pulls away from Sirius and wraps her arms around him as he pulls her to him.

"I've missed you" She whispers into his chest, his arms wrapped tightly around her.

"We're always with you baby I promise you're never alone" he says as Lily stands next to him. Rory pulls away from him slightly looking between her parents and Sirius.

"I don't want to go back. I want to stay with you"

"You'll see us again when you're older and you've had a life but not now you've still got so much to live for baby girl. Plus Harry and Remus still need you and what about Charlie imagine what you dying will do to them" Lily says taking Rory's hand in hers leading her out of the room and down to the living room to sit on the sofa. Lily sits one side of Rory whilst James sits the other and Sirius sits in the chair opposite Rory.

"Your mums right Aurora, you're still needed and we'll be here when the time finally comes" James says smiling at her.

"I definitely still needed you" Charlie whispers to Rory as she places a kiss on his cheek.

"This next bit is 3 days after the fight in the Ministry" Hermione says before turning back to the screen.

"Come on Wolf" Remus says sitting beside an unconscious Rory. His eyes red and puffy from the loss of his last friend as he looks at his god daughter.

"Why isn't she waking up" Harry asks looking at his sister.

Lily looks at her daughter with tears in her eyes as James wraps his arms around her. Rory rests her head against Charlies chest as he tightens his grip on her.

"I don't know"

"We have to tell her Sirius didn't make it when she wakes up. How are we going to do that" Harry says tears in his eyes.

"I'll do it" Remus gives Harry a small smile "Harry go get some sleep, I'll stay with her"

"I can't leave her" Harry tries to hold back the tears at the thought of losing his only remaining family because he believed Voldemort. Remus stands walking over to Harry before placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Aurora is one of the strongest people I know. She'll pull through this she just needs time" he looked back at his goddaughter before continuing "and she wouldn't want you doing this to yourself. You need to get some sleep. I will come and get you if anything changes" Harry nods knowing he's right as he leaves the room to go to his own. Remus sits back down taking Rory's hand in his "Come on wolf, I need you to wake up" a tear falls down his cheek as he slowly falls asleep.

James sends Remus a sad smile before looking at his daughter who was still hugging Charlie.

Down in the kitchen Mrs Weasley stands looking out the window her eyes red from crying. Bill sits at the table his head in his hands before he looks up at his mother. 

"When's Charlie getting here" he asks pulling his mother from her thoughts.

"Should be any minute now"

"What if she doesn't pull through this mum it'll kill him and the twins"

"It'll kill us all, that girl is a massive part of our family and she doesn't even realise how big of a part she is" she says wiping the tears away again just as the floo network fires up and Charlie steps out looking like he hasn't slept in days.

"Hey how is she" he asks as he sees his mother and brother.

"No change" Mrs Weasley tells her second oldest son as she pulls him in for a hug before he heads up to see her. As he reaches her room he stops dead at the sight of the girl he loves lying unconscious on the bed, nothing moving other than the gently rise and fall of her chest, her skin paler than usual. Remus looks up from his seat beside her, standing he walks over to Charlie.

"How is she Remus" Charlie asks his voice cracking slightly.

Rory wraps her arms around Charlie tighter as he places a kiss on her head.

"Nothings changed so we're taking that as a good sign right now" he looks at her whilst he talks.

"Can I sit with her" Charlie asks.

"Of course you can. I'm going to go get a cup of tea quick did you want one"

"No thank you" Charlie says as he moves towards the bed, taking a seat beside Rory. "Hey Nova" he leans over to place a gently kiss on her head "I need you baby, so much" he says as tears fall down his face. The uncertainty scaring him like it was everyone else. "I want a life with you so you need to wake up" 

Rory leans up and places a kiss on his cheek before he leans his head on top of hers.

Over the course of the next few days Charlie refuses to leave Rory's side except to eat and even then he has to be forced by Bill. Everyone else comes in throughout the day to see how she's doing including Tonks. Some stay a while like Harry and Remus along with Charlie. Fred and George couldn't stand the sight of their best friend and distracted themselves with working on products as much as possible, doing anything to not think.

"Charlie" He looks up to see Remus looking at him "You need to get some sleep"

"I've been getting sleep"

"I mean proper sleep Charlie. You haven't left her side in days"

"I'll sleep properly once she wakes up. I'm not leaving her side Remus I can't" Remus sighs before walking out leaving Charlie alone with Rory. Charlie continued to look at her. 

James smiles at Charlie along with Sirius.

Rory slowly wakes, turning her head to find Charlie asleep with his head resting on the side of her bed holding her hand. There's a noise near the door and Rory looks up to see Remus, she smiles at him but puts a finger to her mouth to tell him to be quiet before nodding at Charlie. He nods before smiling at her and walking away. 

"Charlie" Rory says his name gently, her voice slightly hoarse. His head shoots up as he looks at her.

"Nova" He wraps his arms around her "I was so scared you wouldn't wake up"

"How long have I been unconscious?"

"6 days" She looks at him shocked.

"You spent 6 days unconscious because you tried to save me" Sirius looks at Rory who nods. 

"6 days, when was the last time you slept" He smiles at her.

"I've been getting small amounts of sleep"

"Charlie"

"I know Nova, but I couldn't leave you. I was so scared of losing you" She sits up slightly and groan in pain "Nova you okay what hurts" His eyes search her, concern showing on his face.

"Everything, I feel like I was run over by the knight bus" He laughs slightly and helps her sit up fully. 

"That does not sound pleasant" Gideon says looking at her.

"It wasn't"

Remus walks back in noticing that Charlies awake now.

"Hey Wolf" He comes over as Charlie smiles at Rory before leaving them alone. She looks at Remus and sees the pain in his eyes. "I need to tell you something"

"Pad's didn't make it" She says as tears start to fall down her cheeks. Remus wraps his arms around her taking a seat beside her and gently pulling her to him.

"It's going to be okay Wolf"

"I tried so hard to save him Moony I really did. I'm so sorry"

"Hey no, you couldn't of saved him and he wasn't going to let you die and neither was I. One thing me and him always agreed on was that you and Harry come first always"

James sends both his friends a sad smile.

"But now you have no one and I didn't save the last person you had" He looks at her tears in his eyes.

"That's where you're wrong, Sirius wasn't my only family. I have you Wolf"

"I love you Moony"

"I love you too Wolf" They sit in silence for a while both grieving the loss of Sirius together before others start coming in.

Rory didn't return to Hogwarts after what happened in the Ministry. She and the twins had officially joined the Order now they had finished school, Lee had also joined. Rory was still healing which was turning out to be a slow process and because the issue was caused by her powers nothing seemed to help other than time. They were still using Grimmauld place as headquarters and Sirius left everything to Rory and Harry so the house now officially belonged to them and that included Kreacher unfortunately. Rory had managed to stop Mrs Blacks portrait screaming every time someone made a noise, all it took was threatening to burn her and actually burning part of her portrait resulting in an awful headache for Rory for 2 days but it was worth it and now all she does is just glare at everyone as they walk past.

"You actually burnt part of the portrait, I thought you were joking" Harry looks at Rory.

"She was annoying the hell out of me, I had constant headaches anyway and she was not helping matters" Sirius and Regulus both smirk at her.

 Rory walked into the kitchen for the next order meeting and found Bill and Mrs Weasley.

"Hello Rory dear, how are you feeling today" Mrs Weasley asks stopping what she's doing to look at her.

"I'm fine Mama Bear" Rory takes a seat beside Bill trying not to make a noise as she sits down, still finding some movements including sitting extremely painful. "Hey Pillock"

"Hey Rory" He greets her before whispering "How are you really feeling?"

"My head's killing right now. I honestly feel like I fried myself that day in the Ministry" She rests her head on his shoulder as they wait for the other members to arrive. 

"You probably did fry yourself with how much power you used" Fleamont says sending her a small smile.

The twins are the first to arrive.

"Rory" They shout. Rory looks up at them.

"Sorry about Ror" George says looking at Rory.

"Oi boys tone it down a bit" Bill tells them as they sit down.

"Sorry Ror, didn't think about your head" George says looking at her .

"It's fine guys" She tells them as she rests her head back on Bill's shoulder.

"Is Charlie coming today?" Fred asks looking at Rory and Bill.

"No he'll be back later though" Rory tells them as the other members all arrive including the newest member that just happens to be none other than Oliver Wood.

James and Sirius glare at him making Rory laugh.

"Still not over him I take it" She smirks.

"Never" They say in unison.

"Right is everyone here" Moody asks taking a standing at the head of the table. Rory continues to rest her head on Bills shoulder her head killing from all the talking around her. Thankfully the meeting ends pretty quickly.

"Wolf you okay" Remus asks as she lifts her head slightly to look at him properly.

"Fine Moony" He raises an eyebrow at her. "Okay my head hurts"

"Have you tried a pain potion" She shakes her head slightly before resting it back on Bill's shoulder just as Charlie appears from the fire.

"Charlie sit down, I'll make the tea" Mrs Weasley jumps up as soon as she spots him. He sits next to Rory as she lifts her head from Bill's shoulder and leans into him instead his arm wrapping around her.

"What's wrong" He whispers to her.

"My head hurts that's all don't worry" She snuggles slightly into his side more and somehow manage to fall asleep.

"How did you manage to fall asleep sat up" Ron says smirking.

"Honestly, I don't know. I was exhausted from constant headaches"

A few days later an owl arrived carrying her N.E.W.T results. Rory sat there staring at the envelope too nervous to open it.

"What you doing" She looks up to see Bill looking at her.

"It's my exam results"

"Oh I remember that feeling" He sits opposite her "Want me to open them for you" She nods and hands him the envelope which he opens before looking at her sadly.

"What they're bad aren't they"

"I'm sorry Rory" She grabs the letter from him.

"You are so not funny Pillock" He laughs slightly.

"Dickhead" Rory says making Charlie laugh.

"Well done" She smiles at him just as Remus walks in.

"You look happy" Rory stands up and hands him the results "Wow Wolf congratulations I knew you'd do amazing" He pulls her into a hug "Sirius would be so proud" She smiles at him.  

"You're like the perfect combination of your parents" Marlene smiles at James and Lily. James smirks at Rory whilst Lily just shakes her head slightly with a smile on her face.

"Right that's the end of that year. Tomorrow we will be watching the last 2 years of events which is going to be mainly Harry's memories and a few of Rory's" Hermione tells everyone before removing the disc. 

"Right then lets all have something to eat before we call it a day and head off to bed" Dumbledore says clapping his hands and making the house tables fill with food.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

584K 24.5K 95
"π’”π’•π’‚π’š π’˜π’Šπ’π’…, π’Žπ’π’π’ π’„π’‰π’Šπ’π’…" With an unknown past and a vast amount of power, Artemis is a force to be reckoned with. For as long as she...
2.8K 41 22
REWRITTEN! Harry Potter lost his twin sister last year, he now has no idea what to do. Problems happen in the muggle world, and in the wizarding worl...
111K 3.8K 36
"Your not a bad person, you've just done some bad things." ***************************************************** The wizarding war is over, the dark...
8.9K 127 24
Aurora Potter is the daughter Lily Potter and James Potter, they died when she was just two years old, her and little brother Harry went to live wi...