𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐘 | 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦�...

By iheartsc

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ── 𝘸𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴... More

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐘.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟏, summer.
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭[𝟏].
𝐢𝐢. summer dress.
𝐢𝐢𝐢. summer nights.
𝐢𝐯. summer heat.
𝐯. summer catch.
𝐯𝐢. summer tides.
𝐯𝐢𝐢. summer love.
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟐, love.
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭[𝟐].
𝐢. lost love.
𝐢𝐢. love scene.
𝐢𝐢𝐢. love sick.
𝐢𝐯. love game.
𝐯. love fool.
𝐯𝐢. love fest.

𝐢. summer house.

3.8K 48 19
By iheartsc

ONE ❀ SUMMER HOUSE.
.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆..⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.

bella's pov:

i was sitting in my bedroom when i heard a knock on my door. i looked up from the book i was reading to see that it was jeremiah, my twin brother.

"hey, you wanna go outside so we can wait on everyone to get here?" he asks.

"sure" i say, smiling at him, as i put my book down and get up, heading outside to the porch.

when we get outside, jeremiah looks at me with a teasing smirk and says "are you ready to see steven?"

of course i was ready to see steven. i haven't seen him since last summer, and now that i've finally gotten more confident in my own skin, maybe he'll notice me.

i look at my brother, smiling for a second before saying "of course i am. maybe something will-" but i got cut off by a honking car pulling up in the driveway.

we quickly stand up and a few seconds later, laurel gets out of the car, and jere runs over to her and says "what's up?" with the biggest smile ever.

"hi. oh my gosh" she says, smiling and running up to hug him.

i then walk over to her, "i missed you so much" i say, giving her a big hug.

"i missed you too b" laurel says, pulling away and smiling at me, then going to hug mom.

when i turned around to see if belly had gotten out of the car yet, i saw jeremiah and steven hugging. just seeing steven alone gives me butterflies.

i guess he hadn't noticed me yet, so i go to the car to see belly.

"oh my god. you look so hot" i say, pulling belly into a bone crushing hug.

belly hugs back just as hard as me, and when she pulls away she says, "no bella, you look hot, like, you look absolutely gorgeous."

i was about to say thank you, but then belly leans into my ear and whispers "steven thinks so too" before pulling away and smirking, and then going over to conrad.

i turned around to see steven just staring at me and i swear i could hear lover by taylor swift playing.

i smiled the biggest i'd ever smiled, and he walked over to me smiling as well.

"i liked you better last year" he says teasing me.

"too bad. i like me better this year" i say back, smiling.

----------

after a few hours of horse-playing around with the boys, and helping belly unpack for the summer, it was time for dinner.

we were all sitting down at the dinner table just chilling and eating dinner when steven pulls out his phone and him and jere just start laughing their asses off about something.

me, belly and conrad look at them and then look at each other about to laugh just because they're being idiots, when laurel says "steven, i swear to god, if you look at that phone one more time, i'm putting it in the screen basket."

"it's just, we want to see your beautiful faces" mom says, while jere and steven look up at her. "can dinner be a screen-free zone? you know, like the olden days" she adds, but steven looks down at his phone again and starts laughing.

"steven" jeremiah says looking at him, before grabbing his phone and throwing it into an empty basket, which makes everyone start laughing.

"boom! nailed it" jere says flexing.

"ok, ok we get it you've been working out" steven says to him.

"oh, you're just jealous because jere has a better body than you" belly says, looking at steven smiling.

then stevens says, "uh, no actually, it's all about the lean look now, otherwise you can't wear tailored suits" while glancing at me.

"tailored suits" conrad says, mocking steven.

i feel my arm getting touched by belly before looking over to see her smirking and glancing between me and steven. i guess she noticed him looking at me after making his remark about tailored suits too.

"oh, belly and bella, i almost forgot. i have a surprise for you guys" mom says, before getting up.

she comes back in the room with envelopes and hands one to each me and belly.

laurel then laughs all of the sudden before saying "so, this is why you had to stop by the country club"

mom sits back down and then i start to open my envelope.

"what, uh, wh-wh-what is that?' i hear steven say from across the table.

"i wrangled the girls invitations to be debutantes" mom says with a big smile.

after a minute of discussing what a debutante ball is, i say "yeah i'll do it mom."

she looks up at me and smiles before saying "belly, will you?"

belly looks up and says, "yeah, i'll think about it."

"she'll think about it" mom says, while looking at laurel.

----------

a while after dinner, the boys had gone to a beach bonfire, and of course me and belly weren't invited, so we were just sitting in her room together. belly had told the moms that she was tired so she didn't feel like watching our movie for movie night, so they told her it was ok, and that we could do it another time.

"bella, i have a question" belly says to me.

"yeah" i say back.

"why do you like my brother?" she asks.

i could tell she was being genuinely honest and not making fun of me, so i say "i don't really know. it's just a feeling that's there. i mean he's super cute, and adorable. but he's also nice to me."

"i think he honestly might like you back b. i mean he's always looking at you. like we've only been here for one day, but all he's done the entire time is stare at you" she says to me.

i could feel my chest flutter at the fact that belly said all he's done is stare at me.

"ok, bells this is totally off topic, but you know what i think we should do."

"what?" belly says back.

"i think we should go to the bonfire. we should get all cutie and get in the eye line of conrad and steven" i say to her.

"for real? you think we should?" she asks.

"yeah, i honestly think we should"

"okk" she says excitedly, before we get up to get ready.

after about 30 minutes of getting ready, we decided on outfits. belly's wearing a pink dress that her friend taylor is making her wear. and i'm wearing a cropped black tank top, with jean shorts, an off white colored jacket, and my birkenstocks.

"ok belly. are you ready?" i ask looking at her.

"yep" she says back, smiling.

we walk out into the hall closing belly's bedroom door behind us. we walk down the stairs into the kitchen, and stop to see what the moms are doing. and then we keep walking until we're out of the house, and on the way to the beach.

----------

when belly and i get to the bonfire. i can already tell that it looks fun, there's good music and beer, so i'm actually glad i came.

when we walk a little closer to the party, some guy starts talking to belly.

"yo gas station girl. hey. where you coming from?" he says, while walking closer to us. god he's kinda creepy.

belly looks at me before saying "uh, a-another party" while giving a fake laugh.

"sweet. yeah. hey. here, take my beer" he says, pushing his beer towards her, but she looks at me with wide eyes and shakes her head denying it, and says she's good.

"so uhh, you got a boyfriend back home?" he asks belly, looking her up and down.

i'm about five seconds away from grabbing belly's arm and dragging her away from this weirdo but then belly yells "steven!"

i look over to where steven is, but i regret it instantly. he has his arm around a girl. a girl way prettier than me. god maybe i shouldn't have come.

he completely misses me and looks at belly and says "uhh what are you doing here? and i-i'm sorry, wh-what are you wearing?"

he walks over to her and the creepy guy says "i invited her, who the fuck are you?"

"i'm her brother, you know she's 15 you pedo."

"i-i'm almost 16" belly says, defending herself.

the creepy dude says "my bad" and then walks away.

steven starts laughing and then finally looks at me and says "jesus christ, come on, i'm taking you guys home."

"what, no" belly says, fighting him.

they keep fighting until belly falls on the ground right in front of conrad and some girl. i know that sight hurt. belly starts arguing with the girl that connie is with, and calls him an asshole.

then jere comes over and says "oh my gosh, you guys came. now we can all hang out again."

but steven says " i'm about to take them home."

"what?" jeremiah says.

"yeah, we're leaving" steven says, grabbing belly's arm.

"ok steven chill out ok, go hang out with shayla or something" jere says.

shayla. the pretty girls name is shayla. ok, well i guess what belly said about steven maybe liking me isn't true.

"let's go" shayla says, grabbing stevens arm.

they walk away and jere is in the middle of talking to us when a group of girls call his name and he leaves us.

ok well this didn't turn out the way it was supposed to.

----------

after a while, me and belly found a nice spot to sit and we were talking about everything that happened so far, when a boy came up to us and started talking to us. well, he talked to us, but was interested in belly. so i got up and offered my seat to him, and told them i was going to get a drink.

which leads to now. i'm sitting alone just watching the waves crash. i'm honestly contemplating going home, but then i hear a bunch of people scream, so i turn around and see conrad and the creepy guy fighting, and i also see belly laying on the sand.

so i get up quickly and run over to them, but before i can even do anything there are cop car sirens. so i start running until i end up finding jere's jeep and i wait for everyone else.

when jeremiah gets to the car, he's lowkey like shoving connie into the backseat, because he's drunk out of his ass.

"get in the car, watch your head, legs, legs" jere tells conrad.

"yes, i know how to get into a car" conrad says to him with an attitude, which i thought was funny.

i get into the back seat of the car, just in case conrad throws up so i can give him a bag or something and belly's about to get into the passenger seat but keeps talking to the dude that came and talked to us.

"belly. let's go, get in" jere says to her.

"cam can give me a ride home, right cam?" she says pointing at the boy, whose name is cam apparently.

"yes, that's no problem" cam says.

"no, you're not gonna get in a car with a guy you just met" jere says to belly like she's stupid.

"i'm cam. cameron" cam says, sticking his hand in the window to introduce himself to jere.

"your name is cam cameron?" jere asks stupidly.

"no, it's ju-just cam" he says back, nervously. "but we actually, we know each other. seventh grade. latin convention. so, like, we're not total strangers."

jere laughs before saying "ok. no offense, but no. belly, get in the car."

"just get in the car" conrad says which makes me look at him.

"uh, you should probably go. but, um, the whaling boat i intern on, it leaves at dawn every morning at the piers. i was wondering if you would, uh, want to come." cam says to belly. honestly this whole situation is like for some reason adorable.

"uh, yeah, yes, sure." belly says.

belly then leans in and kisses him, and it's so freaking cute.

they say by to each other, and then belly gets in the car, and jere stars driving off. and then he slams on his brakes and yells "fuck! steven!"

he gets out to find him and i say, "he should've just left the asshole for giving me false hope. no offense belly" i say to belly but then she starts laughing and shaking her head, and she's about to say something but then an officer comes to the window and says "have you kids been drinking?"

----------

"have a good night officers" laurel says, before closing the door.

she turns around mad, and says "how could you guys be so irresponsible?"

"mom, it wasn't a big deal. all right? seriously." steven says, which makes me look at him, god he's so cute.

"i'd say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal" laurel says, getting madder.

then all of the sudden steven starts sniffing and then laughs and says "were- were you guys, smoking tonight?"

"what? keep your voice down susannah's asleep on the couch" laurel says, getting mad at steven.

"just so you know laurel, i didn't drink tonight, i was the dd, i swear" jere says.

then laurel looks at conrad and says "you're the oldest. what the hell's gotten into you? and when did you guys leave the house without telling anybody? and what in the world are you wearing belly?"

"it's tayor's. and why are we the only ones who aren't allowed to go out?" belly questions.

"it's not that you're not allowed, it's that you should've told us you were going. and how did you even get there?" laurel asks.

"we walked" i answered.

laurel looks stunned and says "jesus, you know better then to walk that far down the beach alone late at night"

"can you stop treating us like kids?" belly says.

"if you wanted to be treated like and adult, you need to act like one" laurel says to belly.

i look over and see conrad look up at laurel and say "then maybe you guys should to" which makes everyone look at him.

"what does that mean?" laurel asks.

and when no one answered she said "i hope you realize, this night could've ended a lot differently, if your family wasn't your family"

"we're sorry laur" jere says.

"just... go to bed" she says tiredly.

so we all got up to go to bed. this night has honestly been exhausting.

when i got to my room i changed into my night clothes, and then went to belly's room to tell her goodnight.

i walked in, and she was laying on her bed with a bag of frozen pees on her face. i guess she got a bruise.

"hey" she says, smiling at me as i sat down on her bed.

"dude i'm so sorry i made you go tonight. like you got a bruise, and you got in trouble" i say to her.

"it's ok b, i'm fine, i promise" she says, smiling at me.

"ok. well i just wanted to tell you i'm sorry, and goodnight" i say.

"goodnight b" she says, hugging me.

i got up off the bed and say "love you" before closing the door, i love bells.

----------

the next morning i woke up at around sunrise. i decided to sign my letter to be a deb. i was honestly really excited. i hope belly does it too.

i walked downstairs and into the kitchen and saw that there were good muffins. so i'm guessing connie went and got them earlier. but i also saw steven.

he looked up from his phone at the bar and says "hey b."

i smile at him and say "hey" before continuing to get the smoothie stuff out, since i wanted one. i start to say "so, last night was ama-"

"a shit show" he interrupted, which made us both bust out laughing.

"do you want a smoothie?" i ask him.

"yeah, but no blueberries you weirdo."

"oh shut up, i hate you" i say to him.

i could get used to mornings like this.

⋆。°✩

_____
<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
906K 41.4K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] life·line ˈlīfˌlīn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
582K 13K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.