Bravely Courageous

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Marguerite, better known as Maggie, and her brother are no strangers to the supernatural. Long before a loca... More

Aesthetics
Epigraph
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65

46

16 1 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Sheriff Stilinski held up a pair of handcuffs and Void immediately asked, "You want to handcuff me?"

The sheriff frowned at him. "If my son is still here, if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly, and he'll come with me because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and others." He was close enough to touch his son, and Void held up his wrists and the sheriff cuffed him. A sadistic smirk crossed Void's face and the sheriff noticed. "You're not my son."

Void's smirked deepened and he broke the handcuffs and flung them to the ground. Allison walked over to him and tried to stun him. He grabbed the electricity as he pulled the wires from his body. The entire time, he was staring at them. Caleb and Maggie formed purple wisps in their hands.

Derek shifted and rushed Void, but his fist was grabbed. Maggie heard bones cracking as Derek's arm was thrust behind his back. He groaned in pain and was slammed into a post.

He fell to the ground and Maggie yelled, "Derek! Are you okay?"

Derek nodded. "I'll heal. He's not h-"

"Yeah, I know. We need to distract him long enough to grab him."

Argent raised his gun and cocked it. Allison and the sheriff attempted to persuade him otherwise. "Argent, listen to me. Don't do this."

He shot the sheriff a look. "Why not? I've done it before. Werewolves, Berserkers. I can easily add a Nogitsune to the list."

Sheriff Stilinski cocked his gun and aimed it at Argent. "You're not going to shoot my son."

Argent frowned. "You said it yourself, Sheriff. That's not your son."

"Put it down. Put it down," the sheriff demanded.

Void's voice took on a heartbreaking tone. "Dad, he's going to shoot me. He's going to kill me, Dad."

Caleb noticed a faint smirk behind Void's panic and Argent said, "Don't listen."

The sheriff's voice raised. "Put it down. Now! Do it! Put it down!"

Maggie looked between everyone, focusing on the sheriff and Argent. "Both of you! Stop it!"

Void's smirk returned. "Pull the trigger. Come on."

"Listen to me. You put the gun down now!" Sheriff Stilinski exclaimed.

"Shoot me," Void answered.

"Put the gun down now!"

"Dad," Allison warned.

"Shoot me!"

"Put the gun down now!" the sheriff cried.

"Shoot me!"

"Argent, you put it down!"

Caleb frowned. "Strife. This is exactly what he wants. Guys."

"Put it down! Put it down!" the sheriff yelled.

The loft darkened and Maggie figured the Oni were going to appear at any moment.

Allison tried to get their attention. "Stop, stop it! This is what he wants. This is exactly what he wants."

Everyone was focused on what they were doing, so Maggie yelled, "Hey! This is exactly what he wants! We're playing right into his hands!"

Void looked at her and smirked as he cocked his head. "Not exactly. I was kind of hoping Scott would be here. But I'm glad you all have your guns out. Because you're not here to kill me." He turned to look outside the window as the Oni appeared. "You're here to protect me."

He stepped back while the Oni raised their swords. Sheriff Stilinski and Argent started firing at the Oni with no luck. A couple of them walked towards Allison and Derek.

Allison pulled out a knife while Maggie and Caleb formed purple sparks.

The Oni started slashing at them. One sword nearly hit the blonde and she blasted it away, causing it to clatter to the floor.

Moments later, the Oni disappeared. Scott and Kira appeared and Maggie shot them a look. "Look who finally decided to show."

"Be nice," Caleb said softly.

Maggie rolled her eyes, checking back at the window for Void and frowned. "Guys? Where'd he go?"

While they figured out what to do next, everyone parted ways. Some time later, the others arrived; Lydia, Aiden, Scott, Deaton and Melissa. Lydia had a look on her face that Maggie and Caleb couldn't quite read.

"What is it?" Caleb asked.

Lydia turned to him. "I'm not sure, but I found him unconscious in a random office complex. The GPS. I thought it was on, but Aiden told me it wasn't. There was this voice that led me to him."

"The couch," Scott instructed. "Put him on the couch."

Maggie saw Stiles and glanced at her friend. "We found him. Now we save him."

Lydia nodded. "We're not out of the woods yet."

Melissa frowned at the group. "Guys, this is crazy. He needs to be in the hospital."

Scott turned to his mom. "Mom, remember what happened the last time he went to the hospital?"

Deaton made his way to Stiles and lifted up his shirt. Maggie saw a long gash and studied it. "That looks like it's healing."

He nodded and Aiden turned to her. "You mean healing like we heal?"

Scott frowned. "That's good, right?"

Deaton looked to him. "For him, yes. Us? I'm not so sure."

While keeping her gaze on Void, Maggie said, "We should tell his dad."

Melissa pulled out her phone. "On it."

Caleb glanced at Melissa. "If that doesn't work, I can run to the station."

"Let's hope this works."

"Well, if we're not going to kill him, why aren't we at least tying him down with really big chains?" Aiden questioned.

Deaton shook his head. "I might have something more effective."

He pulled out a small glass container with clear liquid. Maggie stared at it, guessing what the liquid was.

Deaton turned to the werewolves and they walked over to Stiles. Aiden forced open his cheeks and the vet put the clear liquid in Stiles' mouth, causing a look of pure disgust. His eyes opened and he grabbed Aiden's neck.

Aiden began gasping for air. "Get him off me! Get him off me!"

Void laughed maniacally. Scott attempted to detach Void's hand from Aiden's neck and Maggie rushed in to help. "Let go of him."

To her surprise, Void himself freed Aiden. His eyes shifted back and forth and she realized he was paralyzed.

Void frowned and his voice took on a sarcastic tone. "Kanima venom. Nice touch." Aiden half-shifted and rushed Void, who remained unfazed. Instead, Void started taunting them. "You know how they say that twins get a feeling when the other one's in pain? You didn't lose that talent, did you? Oh, I hope not. You're gonna need it. Okay, I'll give a little hint. Ethan's at the school."

Aiden glanced to them and Scott gave him a nod. "Go."

Void began laughing again, obviously enjoying everything going on. "Oh, I hope he gets there in time. I like the twins. Short tempers. Homicidal compulsions. They're a lot more fun than you bakemono trying to save the world everyday."

Melissa narrowed her eyes at Void. "Doc, you brought something to paralyze his body. You got anything for his mouth?"

Deaton nodded. "Yes, I do."

He ripped off a piece of duct tape and Maggie held a hand out. "I'd like to shut him up."

Deaton gave her the tape and she placed it over his mouth, causing him to scream. His screams stopped and he started laughing psychotically.

Maggie glared at him. "We're trying to save my friend. So be a good little Nogitsune and shut the hell up."

The witch walked backwards to the others, staring at Void the entire way.

As soon as Void was calm, she helped Melissa bandage his wounds.

He sniffled softly and Melissa whispered, "Stiles?"

Maggie and Caleb shook their heads, but it went unnoticed. Melissa pulled the tape from his mouth and a sadistic smirk crossed his face.

He shot her a disappointed look. "Really, Melissa? I shed one tear? That's all it takes? Come on. Maggie, Caleb, does it hurt that you have no idea what to do?" He turned back to Melissa. "How are you going to hold up when Scott knows the truth?"

"What?" Melissa asked with a frown.

"When he finds out why his dad really left? You know he overheard it, right? You called Stilinski right after it happened. You didn't tell Scott, but you told the sheriff. Hmm. Stiles heard it like he hears everything. But you want to know why he never told Scott? Because he knew that Scott would never forgive you. He knew how much he would hate you."

Calen narrowed his eyes at Void before turning to Melissa. "He's trying to get under your skin. Don't listen to him."

Melissa smirked and turned to Void. "This isn't you."

"It is now," Void replied with a smirk.

Maggie grabbed duct tape and slapped it on his mouth. "Just shut up."

The doorbell rang and Maggie opened the door to see Peter. "You. What are you doing here?"

"Me," he said. "I'm here to help."

"You. You're here to help?"

He let out an annoyed sigh. "I'm not doing that again. I come to offer my services."

"Oh, sure. Why are you here?"

"Lydia called me."

Maggie raised a hand and glared at the former alpha and Peter sighed once again. "Are you going to let me in?"

"You do anything suspicious and I spell you. It'll make me feel better."

Peter glared at her and walked towards Void. He examined him and said, "He doesn't look like he would survive a slap across the face, much less the bite of a werewolf."

Scott walked up to them and asked, "You don't think it would work?"

Peter shrugged. "This is more of a war of the mind than the body. There are better methods to winning this battle."

Derek was intrigued. "What kind of methods?"

Peter reached for Scott's wrist and flicked it, making his claws appear. "We're going to get into his head."

Peter went to talk to Lydia and they appeared moments later. As soon as they returned, Deaton asked, "So, do we have a plan?"

The formerly resurrected Alpha nodded. "Scott is going to dig through pale and sickly Evil Stiles' mind to unearth pale and sickly Real Stiles. Then guide him back from the depths of his own subconscious. But he's not going to do it alone."

"So?" Maggie and Caleb stated.

Peter rolled his eyes. "Somebody needs to go with you."

Lydia frowned. "Are we sure that's the best idea?"

Maggie glanced at her. "I'll be fine, Lydia. I want my friend back. I'm going. Caleb, I'll be okay."

Caleb sighed and nodded. "Just please come back. I don't want to lose the only family I have left."

She nodded and sat next to Void while Scott stood behind, flicking his claws. Lydia turned to Peter. "So what do they do if they find him?"

Peter let out a sigh and turned to Maggie and Scott. "You're gonna have to guide him out somehow. Try to give him back control of his mind, his body."

Maggie narrowed her eyes. "That's helpful. You need to be a little more specific."

He shrugged. "Improvise."

"What if this is another trick?"

He shot her an irritated look and sighed. "When are you people going to start trusting me?"

She jerked her head at Void. "I was referring to him."

"Oh."

Deaton looked at them. "Scott, we're running out of time."

Lydia turned to Scott. "Bring them back safely. Please."

He nodded and slid his claws into Maggie's neck and Void's. She gasped softly and her eyes closed.

When her eyes opened, she was trapped to a bed in a knot. She began trying to undo the knot to no avail.

"Come on, Maggie," she muttered, blasting the rope and it broke.

As soon as she broke free, she saw that Scott was still stuck. "You're a werewolf."

He shot her a look. "We're in Stiles' head."

"And, I can't believe I need to remind you, but you're half-human. Break free."

He did so and asked, "So, what now?"

Maggie shrugged. "You think I have a clue? I've never been in someone's head before."

He nodded. "Neither have I. Okay. Stay behind me."

Scott opened a door and Maggie caught it just before it closed.

She saw herself standing in front of the scene of the accident years before.

She stared sadly and ran away as fast as she could.

A door appeared and she ran through it to see Scott. She was surrounded by white and she saw Stiles sitting on the stump of the Nemeton. He was playing a game of Go with the Nogitsune.

Maggie tried running towards Stiles, but couldn't get to him. She stomped her foot and huffed. "Scott? Any idea in that brain of yours?"

He ignored her and tried calling Stiles' name. Maggie soon began calling his name as well, but Stiles was too focused on his game. She frowned. "Hang on. Stiles is part of your pack."

Scott nodded. "Yeah. What are you getting at?"

"Stiles is human, but he's part of your pack."

"Yeah. Of course he is."

"My god. You're a True Alpha. You can bring him back. How do wolves signal to their pack? You know, their location."

Scott glanced at her. "They howl."

"Then howl, Scott. Bring our friend back."

He let out a howl, only one a True Alpha could make. Stiles turned to them and back to the Nogitsune. He waved his hand across the game, knocking it over. The pieces scattered everywhere. The Nogitsune let out a cry of anger and Maggie saw black spots before everything went dark.

Her eyes opened and she was back on the sofa at Scott's. "Stiles?" she muttered.

Lydia glanced to her and Peter said, "We have to wait to see if it worked, Maggie. It's not science, it's supernatural. I did my part. Now give me the name."

Maggie focused on Stiles and suddenly, he started gasping for air. He lifted up a shaky hand and ripped off the duct tape. He started pulling a long weathered bandage and black smoke followed.

The gagging soon stopped, and Stiles continued gasping for air. A hand dug its way up from the pile of bandages and a body appeared. The figure surrounded in bandages looked eerily like the Nogitsune and shook horribly. It lashed out and Scott, Caleb and Peter grabbed it. "Hold him!" Peter cried.

"I'm trying," Scott and Caleb retorted.

The masked figure suddenly started clawing at the bandage. Scott and Caleb frowned and yelled, "Wait, wait, wait!"

They unraveled the bandage and Maggie saw another Stiles. She took a moment to study the face and a small smile crossed her face. It was her friend; not a twisted, possessed version of him.

"Scott? Maggie? Caleb?" he whispered. "Oh, thank God." He pulled out Maggie to him and hugged her tightly. "You saved me."

Maggie stared up at him. "I'll always save you."

Caleb looked around and frowned. "Where did Lydia go?"

Maggie turned to see that the front door was open. Lydia and Void were nowhere in sight.

The witch glanced between her friends before locking eyes with her brother. "I think Void took her."

Caleb's eyes narrowed. "If he hurts her, he has another thing coming."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 8.4K 88
Katherine McCall lived a normal life with a somewhat normal brother and a normal crush on best friend Stiles. It was everything she could keep up wit...
279K 5.4K 70
*Before you read. I wrote this a really long time ago and made a mistake with Lia's age that I can't fix. Can you please ignore it and enjoy the rest...
2.1K 79 18
(THIS STORY IS OLD, I'VE WRITTEN IT WHEN I WAS ONLY TWELVE AND THE CHAPTERS AREN'T EDITED, SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN JUST GO AWAY😂) Hey, before...
6.8K 232 29
A single choice changes the whole story. Stiles moved away from the flashlights and cadaver dogs as he wasn't necessarily excited to get caught by hi...