and we scored

By amyhopeey

NINI I've spent the last years running away from my past. Now, I've finally found what I need. Friends. Coll... More

a playlist
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 14
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 26
Scene 27
Scene 28
Scene 29
Scene 30
Scene 31
Scene 32
Scene 33
Scene 34
Scene 35
Scene 36
Scene 37
Scene 38
Scene 39
Scene 40
Scene 41
Scene 42
Scene 43
Scene 44
Scene 45
Scene 46
Scene 47
Scene 48
Scene 49
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― 𝒽𝒢𝓉ℯ𝒹

Scene 18

4.4K 136 44
By amyhopeey

CADEN

I'm already sweating as I see Nini on stage. Of course, I had to screw up and be late. Because of course, Tessa came exactly on this morning to talk to me about our deal. This time however, we didn't end up making out. It didn't feel right. Which lead us to fighting. And me being late.

Nini is saying her lines, trying to cover up the fact she's disappointed. She hasn't seen me arrive yet and must believe I'm not coming anymore. Yet I came. And I will always come. No matter when or where.

It's her bestie who sees me and waves at me. I go in her direction and as I'm next to her, I can see she saved a seat for me in the row with her and all other Nini's friends. Alec is also there, standing next to his girlfriend, their fingers curled together.

"You came", Sofia says, pointing at the empty seat next to her.

"Of course I came. Thanks for saving me a seat", I say, sitting down. She smiles and replies:

"Well, of course. Nini really freaked out that you weren't here. I told her it would be okay."

I swallow hard, knowing I already started hurting her.

"Thank you", I answer, my voice a bit shaking. Sofia notices and gives me a reassuring look. I fake a smile, only not to upset her. And not just because Alec is giving me a death stare to warn me not to say anything wrong to her.

We focus back on Nini and I instinctively freeze. She looks gorgeous. Wearing a nice short red dress, that matches her hair and color of her lips beautifully, she is stunning. And all I want is to kiss her to make her understand it.

After Nini finished, another girl comes on stage, who's auditioning for the same role. But she doesn't compare to my girl. She doesn't have half the passion Nini had while saying those lines. I guess he jury noticed that too, since they started scribbling stuff on their notepads and mumbling to each other.

After a few more girls, it's time the decision is made. First, the jury decides who gets to be Romeo. I guess the guys auditioned at the time I was still running my way from my dorm room to the auditorium, after being held up by Tessa. The jury agrees on some dude called Lance Glenn, who gives us all a thankful look and goes to shake the judges' hands. He looks okay. Blonde hair, brown eyes... He still doesn't have what it takes to be Nini's Romeo does. Only one person has. Me.

Next, the potential Juliets are called. Nini still doesn't notice me. The lights are only focused on the stage, so there is no way one can see anything that happens in the seats from there. The jury gives a very heart-warming speech that only makes me wish it were over. I just want to see my girl get her role and be happy.

"So, for the final decision of the day", one of the judges says, standing up from where he was sitting, "the Juliet and hereby the female lead of the show is..." He pauses for suspense which doesn't help at all, since all I want is to know the answer. I'm sweating hard and almost shaking, fact which Sofia notices. She smiles at me with a knowing look.

She's smart. She figured out that Nini started to grow on you.

However, she's as nervous as I am. I can see the way Alec notices and curls their fingers tighter, whispering words to calm her down in her ear. She smiles at him and looks back at the stage. Nini's other friends are as nervous, April holding an "You got it, girl" poster above her head, the brunette with the headphones on playing with her fingers nervous and the black-haired one constantly playing with a strand of her hair.

"Nina Elway", the judge says and I sigh relaxed. Her friends start shouting and all stand up. I can see how Nini starts crying and whispering thank you the whole time. I also stand up and start applauding her. So does Alec. Since Nini can't see anything that happens in the audience seats, her friends rush on stage and give her a big group hug. She smiles and immediately relaxes, having them close by. They start saying stuff to each other that I can't understand from where I am sitting, yet I can see Nini smile. And that's all I need.

"Follow me", Alec tells me, him bent down close to my ear. I don't want to and I don't want to leave Nini, yet it takes one look at his eyes and the warning signs in them for me to change my mind and do what he said.

I follow him outside and to his car. And, you guessed it, not just any car. A probably-more-expensive-than-my-whole-apartment-plus-furniture-in-it car. A convertible sports car, that looks like it just stepped out of the Formula 1 channel on TV.

"That yours?" I ask him. He nods proud.

"Yeah. I used to have a motorbike; however it is safer for Foxy this way."

I look at him surprised. How can a person be such a dick with everyone in the world, yet the complete opposite with one person?!
He takes the keys out of the pocket of his tux and opens the luggage room. He makes me a sign to come closer and what I see inside leaves me speechless. And no, it isn't a dead body like everyone would have expected. But flowers. Many bouquets of flowers.

Alec sees the puzzled look on my face since he explains: "Foxy made us go to the florist earlier. We bought many bouquets, so that everyone would have one to give to Nini if she gets the role."

He takes out a beautiful bouquet of irises and gives it to me. "Foxy insisted", he adds. "She said you should be the one to give Nini this bouquet, since it's her favorite flower."

I nod at him thankfully and take out my wallet from my pocket to pay him back. He is quick to stop me.

"As much as I would enjoy taking your money, it's alright. Foxy and I took care of everything."

"Then, what should I say to Nini?"

"That you bought the flowers", he says it as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"But I...I don't understand. Why would Sofia do that?"

Alec sighs exhausted and clearly done with me. It's a wonder how Sofia made him voluntarily want to spend so much time with her. He usually is done with anyone after five minutes. Probably even five seconds.

"Are you really so idiotic or are you just using this as payback?"

"No, what?!" I ask shocked.

"Don't you get it? Foxy is trying to get you closer to Nini. She's being your matchmaker. And you'd better give Elway those damn flowers because I didn't just give my money out for you when I could have well spent it on spoiling Foxy, just so you act like Earth's greatest fool."

"I'm not Earth's greatest fool", I protest. He gives me a glare that makes me shut up.

"You are. Now take the damn flowers and man up. Elway isn't going to wait forever."

Am I taking love advice from Alec Dunn? I am. Do I regret it? No.

So I nod at him and take the flowers, rushing my way to Nini.

I don't stop running until I'm inside the auditorium. Her friends pass me by, probably going to the car to pick up the flowers. I nod thankfully at Sofia as our eyes meet and she smiles. I then return to my goal, Nini, and head to the stage. And that's when I freeze. She's talking to that Romeo guy, Lance Glenn, him clearly flirting with her.

"You were amazing at the audition", he says, flashing her a smile. Little Miss Sunshine doesn't see the signs and answers politely.

"Thank you, so were you."

"No, I really mean it", Lance continues. "I'm lucky I got the part, so that I get to be your Romeo."

The hell he does.

Their talk is interrupted by a very loud cough. Ups. It catches Nini's attention who turns to me. A big smile grows on her mouth as soon as our eyes meet, yet it quickly disappears as she probably reminded herself that I screwed up and was late.

"You don't get to be her Romeo. That spot is taken", I say, showing off the flowers in my hands. Nini hardly hides a chuckle.

"Figuratively speaking", he adds as an explanation. "Because we are sharing a role. And we will be acting together."

Is he seriously fighting with me over Nini now? What was he, born yesterday? Doesn't he know who I am?

"Come on, Broadway. Let's show him how it's done", I tell her smirking. She gets the hint and comes closer to me, wrapping her hands around my neck.

"You were late", she whispers in my ear, so that Lance doesn't hear.

"I know. And I'm sorry. I got caught up with training."

There you go, Caden. Lie to her. Lie her in her face, hiding the fact you were with your ex, the one you'll come back together with once this deal is over.

"You are jealous", she adds grinning.

"Am not", I protest, yet deep down, that little annoying voice admits I am.

"Oh, you're not? Because you seem pretty jealous to me."

"I am not jealous."

"Want me to go over to Lance? I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I would bite his lip and kiss him while reciting Shakespeare lines. I mean..."

I stop her by crashing my lips on her. She pulls me closer and deepens the kiss. I can feel Lance staring at us confused, burning holes with his stares at me.

Take that, "Romeo".

And you said you weren't jealous.

"Damn it", I let out. "I was jealous."

"Told you", she says smirking.

"Touch Lance and you'll see him all bruised up the next day."

She shrugs: "And how are planning on doing that? You don't seem like the morally grey villain to me."

"Broadway, I'm a hockey player. I know ways to make him want to wish it's the ground and not the ice he's banging his head against."

"Jealous Caden side is hot", she says, teasing me by brushing her lips against mine. I pull her closer and kiss her.

"Wait til you see proud-of-his-girl Caden. He's even hotter."

"Oh, and when do I get to see him?" she asks me teasing. My eyes dart to the nearest empty room.

"How about now?"

"You're crazy", she says chuckling.

"For you? Yes."

She gives me a smile that makes me continue: "So, what do you say, Broadway? Want to meet him?"

"Oh, I'm dying to."

I take her hand and lead her to the empty room. It's a tech place, filled with computers and other stuff. I lock the door and have Nini in a hug.

"I'm proud of you, Nini", I whisper in her ear before kissing her. She smiles at me. I pull her deeper in my arms, but not to kiss her or make out. I just want to hug her. And let her know I'm there for her. She seems to understand since she sinks her head in my chest and starts crying.

"I just can't believe it", she whispers. "I thought I wouldn't be enough."

I honestly need to find out who was the one who got this idea into her. How cruel can one be to break such a pure soul? She's more than enough. She's perfect. And even though it's only a deal, I'll make a second deal with myself to help this girl understand it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

790K 23.3K 44
"There is no way I am rooming with-uh that" I point to the devil sitting in the corner. He looks down on his phone not even paying attention to me...
3.4K 96 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
10.2M 304K 50
Ryan wasn't expecting to end up with the captain of the hockey team as a roommate, and she certainly didn't expect the initial sexual tension between...
4.2M 108K 55
Hoping for no distractions during her senior year of college, Ryan finds herself in a whirlwind romance following a one-night stand with the last per...