๐‡๐ข๐ฌ ๐‹๐š๐ฐ๐ฒ๐ž๐ซ | 18+ COM...

By honeywriites

BOOK 2 IN THE INCONSTANT SERIES โ™ฅ๏ธŽ ๐„๐ฅ๐ข๐ฃ๐š๐ก ๐Œ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ โ€ข Leader of the American Mafia is fighting for c... More

๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž + ๐€๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐๐ซ๐ž๐Ÿ๐š๐œ๐ž
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ
๐„๐ฉ๐ข๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ–

6.1K 170 3
By honeywriites

A home. Or what I used to call just a house. This place, these walls have been consumed with love and a sense of belonging which Scarlett has bought in. I was always scared that my home would be an empty one, that I'd have to watch Dalia grow up with just me by her side and I'd grow up alone.

Watching her sleep beside me, she looked absolutely breathtaking as she sleeps with peace. Pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, I kiss the top of her forehead letting my lips linger for more than a second.

"So, fucking beautiful," Whispering close to her, she moves slightly and wraps her arm around my abdomen. I let out a chuckle, locking my hands with hers. "I know you're awake, darling." Looking down at her, she flutters her eyes open to look back at me.

"Shouldn't have whispered those words to me." I could've sworn I heard a moan slip out of her mouth as our naked bodies touch each other.

"Can't help it when you're perfect in every way," She hums, closing her eyes back again and falling into my chest. "You can't go back to sleep, baby." Almost whining, she giggles and tightens her arm around me.

"I'm not going back to sleep. I'm just resting in your arms," Speaking with her eyes close, I could tell she wanted to say more, and she did, "I've missed you being here, Elijah, and I don't want to let go this time."

"You know I—"

"Because the last time I let go, I almost lost you forever," Sucking in a deep breath, her eyes open with hidden tears but I quickly wipe them away before she let them roll down her cheeks. "I can't let you go anywhere." She whispers, cupping my cheek with her left hand, forming a small smile across her lips.

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise you." Kissing her slowly, she hums to let me know that she's reassured by what I said. Her lips were sealed with mine with a new beginning for the both of us, her touch was a sign of not letting go and I was going to assure her that nothing will ever happen like that.

"I'm always going to be here, Elijah. That's my promise."

Sitting up, I push my hair back and place my head on the bed frame. I look up to the ceiling, feeling every flesh of pain reappears again. Closing my eyes for a moment, I feel Scarlett pull up next to me, placing her hand on my arm to get my attention.

"You okay?" A small whisper leaves her mouth, I keep quiet because I didn't know what to say back.

"You know, as much as it feels so fucking great to be out of prison, I'm still somewhat afraid that they're still out there trying to frame me. I lost people, Scarlett. I was manipulated, I was hurt mentally and tortured physically. I almost lost my daughter. How am I meant to just forget everything?"

Everything came across my mind in a rush, and I know I shouldn't be thinking of all the stuff that happened, but being home with my daughter only makes me realise what I've been through. And no matter how hard I try to forget it, a part of my life will always be associated with the past.

"Why are you thinking about it, baby? You're in a better place now." Hearing Scarlett console me was helpful but what stays in mind, it will never vanish.

"I'm in a better place, yes, but I can't seem to forget the shit that's happened." It's like I can't breathe thinking about the past like I've lost my sanity just reliving those moments in my head. They were demons in my head—attacking me in ways that I was about to lose my mind.

"The longer you let it linger in your head, the more you'll feel like this. They messed with your life, they made you do things that you couldn't have imagined but you've also won in ways that they couldn't have seen."

"What are their chances of winning the trial?" I ask her as I lower my head to face her. She lets out a sigh, sitting up straight to cup my face.

"Baby, they have nothing to win to. All the evidence, all the tapes and documents from our side is enough to prove that they should be taken away. Our chances of winning are high, Elijah, and I promise you that we're going to walk out of that court with a victory in our hands." I let my past control me into thinking that something bad was going to happen again, but with Scarlett beside me, she's given me faith that I can't let go of.

A faith that fights those demons away.

"I'm scared, Scarlett. I'm fucking scared." I wasn't ready to express my true feelings, emotions that I've buried in for so long that have always made me afraid to share them. But I found a way to open up to Scarlett and let someone else like her see the real me.

"It's okay to be scared. It's okay to still feel like this but soon enough, whatever you feel inside will disappear and what your heart will feel will be something different." Pressing my hands against hers, she pulls me into a hug, and I let myself drop into her hoping that her touch would take away the pain I was feeling right now.

And she did in some way. Her presence and her love give me the strength to be myself, it makes me realise what it's like to be loved.

"We're going to win this, baby. I promise."

Her promises were a knot to my heart, a knot binding us together and a knot to solving every problem we've come across. 

She is the strength of my heart, locking all my nerves together to make us one. My pulse beats for her in ways it never has, my eyes stare at her like she's the only one in the world for me and my lips curl into a smile just for her because no one has ever given me the happiness like she has.

"I love you." Whispering to her, she presses her lips on top of my head and rests her lips for a minute or two.

This was the end of sulking, of thinking that everything will go downhill, and we'll be doomed.

---

Spending the day with Dalia was the best way to take my mind off all these negative thoughts. Scarlett was making sure she had all the documents for the trial, she's spent all afternoon working on the final touches that I know she hasn't taken any rest.

"Dada! Dada!" Dalia comes rushing into the kitchen, waving her arms in the air so that I can lift her up. I missed doing this with her, I missed seeing her smile and hearing her laugh whenever she sees me.

"What's up, princess?"

"Dada, mommy fwll asweep." She points towards the door of the kitchen, in the direction where the office was. I let out a sigh, knowing this would happen at some point.

"Is that so? Well, let's go check on her then, hm." Kissing her temple, I carry her to the office and as soon as we enter, my eyes fall on Scarlett who was sleeping on piles of paper. I put Dalia down, walking towards her so I could move these important documents away.

She looked like she was in so much peace that I didn't want to disturb her, but she was a light sleeper and if I move anything, she'll wake up. "Darling." Whispering, I didn't think she'd hear me, but she mumbles something under her breath.

Nudging her slightly, she finally opens her eyes—ones that were tired of looking at papers yet there's always a hint of love and comfort as she looks at me. "What time is it?" She whispers, yawning as she sits up straight.

"Time for you to rest and step away from these papers," Pushing her hair back, she wanted to protest and say no but I didn't let her. "And no buts, darling. You need the rest." She tilts her head to the left, looking down at the pile of documents but I place my hand on top of them and lean forward.

"Elijah, we don't have time to waste." She whispers and though she wants the best for this trial, I couldn't let her overwork.

"You need to stop stressing and take some time for yourself. It's been hours since you've been in the office and working for the trial." As I speak, Dalia runs towards us and climbs onto Scarlett's lap.

"Mommy pwease, let's go." Dalia didn't even need to try as hard as I did to get Scarlett to move, one word of our princess and it's like the word, no, is silenced away from us.

"Where do you want to go, sweetheart?" A small smile erupts on Scarlett's face, looking up at me as Dalia thinks of what to say. She was flawless in every way—she manages to make my daughter her first priority every single time, she keeps me on my toes on a daily and amidst all this love, she manages to work to only get the best for us.

She's the right woman for me, the perfect mother for Dalia that if I were to meet her for the first time, I'd win her all over again the way I've won her now.

a/n:

This was such a bad chapter, let's admit it. And it's just a short filler because I had no idea what to write since the next chapter is the start of the trial :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.3K 1.7K 42
STEAMY 18+ ROMANCE Completed โœ”๏ธ Book 2 in my Forbidden Love Series Book one is IT STARTED WITH A TEXT EACH BOOK IS A STAND ALONE AND CAN BE READ SE...
193K 4.8K 31
(โš ๏ธCurrently re-editing this as of January 2023โš ๏ธ) Mia is a nonsense, tell it like it is woman. Her idgaf attitude makes her the girl every other wom...
530K 24.9K 48
What happens when the mafia boss, Miguel Lobos's assistant overhears a conversation that puts a target on her back by Miguel's heartless frenemy?? Mi...
9.6M 198K 90
[Book one in the Nystrom duology] [Read tw before proceeding] [Dual pov] TW: This book contains heavy themes such as mature content, language and sen...