Pretty Virgin Rhodes (STRICTL...

By smil3_books

'Where Roses Grow' - π™π™ƒπ™Šπ˜Ώπ™€π™Ž Never mix business with pleasure, they say. Never date a rich man, they say... More

PRETTY VIRGIN RHODES - don't skip
1. Meeting the CEO
2. The Skirt That Seeks Attention Unknowingly
4. Doing Him A Favor
5. Am I Getting Fired? *cries*
6. That Red Dress
7. My Boss & His Morals
8. Gulf Was Never My Thing
9. Roses Brought Back Memories
10. Misinterpretation
11. Whiskey Makes You Do Crazy Things
12. Whisky Numbs Pain
13. The Night It Begun - Part One
14. The Night It Begun: Part Two
15. Take Me Somewhere
16. Small Things, Big Memories
17. 24 Hours to Make You Fall for Me
18. Jealously at its Peak
19. How to be a Fake Girlfriend
20. Pretty Feet
21. Wild Imaginations
22. Be My Date
23. Dine, Wet and Feelings
24. The Photos
25. Don't Hate the Game, Hate the Player
26. Soft Kiss in a Car Park Theatre
27. His Little Secret
28. Sit on the Desk and Look at Me
29. Blair Never Gave Up
30. Have to Let You Go
31. Three Days Alone with my Ex-Boss
32. Day One - Nasty, Nasty
33. Day Two - Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes
34. Closure

3. Throwback on a B*tch

117 12 27
By smil3_books

Outfit for the day of being a CEO's Assistant.

I did not have a car. Mr. Bezos sent a car to pick me up. As his assistant, I had to be completely immersed in his world at all times. By the way, I only had one day off, and it was on a Saturday. 

This morning, I made coffee. Nothing beats the taste of freshly brewed coffee. To begin, I am 22 years old and live alone. My parents come to visit every now and then, but I don't seem to mind. They were, after all, my parents.

I left the house, and a car was waiting outside my apartment door. I approached the man standing next to the car, who was expressionless. 

"Mr. Bezos sent you here," I asked, just to be sure.

"Yes, Mam," he opened the car door for me to get inside.

The trip was pleasant, and I liked how cozy the car was. But the entire time we were traveling, the driver said absolutely nothing.

He came to a stop in front of a sizable structure. Mr. Bezos was waiting outside while admiring the watch he was wearing. I approached the driver after the door was opened for me to exit, my lips curled tightly. 

"Hey, Mr. Bezos," I hesitantly said. It was shy-awkward that I meant. 

He turned his back and walked into the building, saying, "Now that you have come, we should get inside." I was following behind him and would serve as his walking companion forever.

As he drew near the elevator, we noticed how cramped it was once we were inside. My throat felt almost as though my breath were being held there. I was unable to breathe. As I prayed for the elevator to open soon so we could get out, I maintained my composure because it was the only thing I could do that wouldn't make me look bad. 

"Miss Valdanger, I don't bite. Because if I did, we wouldn't be in the same space together," he said, looking directly ahead. 

At least he broke the silence.

"I am simply acting professionally. I have nothing else to start a conversation with you about if it's not work-related." 

Did I just say that? Because the beating of my heart was racing.

"Not bad," he said, nodding. "Will you continue to dress this way? Isn't it a little much for work?" 

Was it?

"No. This is also my style, and just because I'm an assistant doesn't mean I can't look good."

"I never said you shouldn't look good. It is entirely up to you. You should return to the company as soon as you finish here. I'll send you a few tasks that you should complete. It may take some time, and you may have to work overtime, but you will be compensated for your efforts."

The elevator door swung open. We made our way to a room with a few businessmen. A female assistant sat beside him. She dressed so... uninterestingly. It was almost as if she didn't care about her appearance. 

"Mr. Bezos, my favorite man," he said as he shook his hand.

"Nice to see you again, Frank." "What happened to that new product you wanted to launch?"

"Follow me," he said as he opened a door to an office. We all went in.

"Have a seat, and who's that lovely angel?" he asked, peering over Mr. Bezos' shoulder. I was right behind it.

"This is my assistant."

"I almost thought she was your main..." he said softly, "...you know?"

"About the product," Mr. Bezos abruptly changed the subject, "what's so unique about it, and why should we promote it?"

"Well, we've sold 1000 of these in Canada, we had sample tests last week, and we sold a few in local stores. The review we got was spot on," he said, shoving a document at Mr. Bezos. 

Mr. Bezos concentrated on the paperwork, saying, "Here, I'm seeing that sales of this product are increasing. A few negative reviews. I'll see what we can come up with. I'll notify my media team as soon as I confirm this, and we'll proceed from there." 

"I'll be waiting. Make me some coffee, Claire," he said to his assistant. She appeared depressed.

She exited the room with her head down, nodding. Why am I getting a bad feeling? Perhaps she was treated unfairly. Not my concern; perhaps I should disregard this. Or perhaps I was just being human.

"I'm going to leave. We'll talk later." Mr. Bezos and I exited the room. He came to a halt with me as we exited the building. The driver had been waiting for me. 

"I'm not sure if I'll be in the office today. I'll send you a few things to keep you occupied," he said as he approached his car. The only difference was that he drove. 

I climbed into the car, and the driver drove me to the company.

I was completely exhausted. My hair was now in a messy bun, my head felt like it had a mini heart inside it, and I had consumed 5 cups of coffee to keep myself going. I shifted my head from side to side, rubbing my neck with my hands. I was exhausted.

A knock came on the door. Blair opened the door and smiled as soon as he saw me. "You look so tired," he said as he combed his hand through his hair as he approached me.

"I've been working on them since I arrived. The coffee isn't even doing what it's supposed to be doing," I shrugged. 

"I know what would make you happy."

"Honestly, the only thing that would make me feel better is if I could finish these by tomorrow."

"Can you tell me what you're working on?" He walked around my side of the desk, his gaze fixed on the computer.

I rubbed my temples and said, "Keeping records of cooperating documents and some other stuff."

"You're good at what you do," he said with a smile.

I hope he wasn't being polite in order to get under my skirt. I had been a virgin for 22 years and had no intention of giving it up until I married.

"And you're way too close to me," I shakily chuckled.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he apologized, taking a step back, "I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries."

"No, you weren't. "The space became constrained, and I needed to breathe." 

"It's getting late," he chuckled. "You should most likely return home. I drive, and if you don't mind, I could drop you off."

"I'd like to finish these first. You are free to leave. I'll arrange for a friend to pick me up."

"I'll be leaving then," he said as he walked away.

I sighed flatly, wiggling my sore fingers from typing all evening. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 7:30. Now that it was all over, I could go home. But I was a shamble. My hair, shirt, and coffee all ripped my skirt. 

I heard a knock on my door. Who could that be this late?

"It's open."

The door was swung open. Mr. Bezos entered and shut the door behind him, his hands in his pockets, admiring me. Was that a good look, or did the way he looked at me creep me out?

"Um..." "I'm a mess right now," I said, straightening my skirt. "I am about to leave and I completed everything you sent me," this was awkward. 

He didn't say anything for a while. He was just staring at me.

"Earth to, Mr. Bezos."

"I happened to come to my office, and you are still here. How are you going to get home if you don't have a car?"

"I uh..." "... a friend is coming for me," I almost trip over the trash can. "I'm leaving right now." I yawned as I took my bag. My eyes were on fire. All I want to do is go home and make love to my bed. I need to get some rest. 

So embarrassing.

I took my office keys and proceeded to the door. He made no movement. He was standing there, hands in his pockets.

"Your work ethic has left a positive impression on me. If you can keep this up, you might be able to keep this job in the long run."

"I'm relieved to hear that. Could you please...you know..." I motioned him to the door so I could lock my office door.

"You do realize I have keys to all of the departments here, right?"

"After all, you are the CEO. It's to be expected." 

"Wear something that won't draw as much attention," he said as he turned around and stood directly in front of me. "You're my assistant, and you're attracting the attention of other CEOs."

Umm... Was that one of his words of wisdom, or was he watching out for me?

"Don't get too far ahead of yourself," he cautioned.

"I apologize. It's not my fault that I look so good. You can't blame me. I have to leave. "I need to rest." 

Before leaving my office, he scanned every part of my face with his eyes. I didn't want him to breathe on me because I didn't want Athena to get all up in my business. I shut the office door and walked towards the elevator, my back to the door.

"Wear whatever you want, but keep an eye out for nice guys. They'll crawl under that skirt. You're a prime target. Then you'll discover that they're not so nice after all."

"I can bet on that," I said as I turned to face him. 'The fact that no one has ever been there made you wish you could take back what you said. Mr. Bezos, have a good night." 

I waited for Sophie to come and get me. I was waiting for her outside the building. Her car was parked in front of the building. Sleep was all I could think about. It was consuming my thoughts.

"Take me home," I said as I stepped into the passenger seat and shut the door. "I'm in desperate need of a hot shower and some beauty sleep."

"Why do you resemble the office girl who just got screwed by the boss?"

"It's been a long day, Soph. Simply take me home." 

She drove me home. I took a shower and climbed into bed. My phone began to ring. When I turned the phone over, I saw Blair's name. He left a message for me. 

I read the message: Have you returned home?

Yes, and I need to sleep, I texted. We'll talk again tomorrow.

The phone rang again, but I was already asleep. I awoke the next morning. I received a small package that I had purchased some time ago.

Chipper ran up to me, rubbing himself against my leg. I sat on the couch in my underwear and tore the package open. It was a brand-new handbag. 

I checked my phone and read the text message Blair had sent me the night before. There were two different messages. One from last night and one from today:

• Don't fantasize about me. Rest well:)

• Hello and good morning. Let's get some coffee before we go to work.

Despite the fact that he was being cheesy in his first message, I responded by agreeing to meet for coffee.

I dressed for work and left the house for the bus.

Outfit for the day of being a CEO's Assistant.

Blair and I met at a cafe near the company. He was spotless, and his hair was brushed back, which enhanced his appearance. We entered the cafe and sat in the corner, awaiting a waiter.

"Your style is impeccable," he said.

"Thank you very much." 

"You're really digging the new hairstyle."

"I had to change it up. How did you sleep last night?" 

"I slept well. I'm glad I didn't dream about you," I laughed.

"You should have. I would have made you enjoy it," he chuckled.

The waiter took our orders and returned with two steaming cups of coffee. I took a sip from the cup and closed my eyes, remembering the amazing taste that had just passed through my mouth. 

"Do you have...someone you're dating?" he asked.

"No... I'm not dating anyone. Are you?"

"No. I severed ties with my ex. She makes a lot of trips, so it wasn't really practical. She was having an affair with someone in Mexico, and I had trust issues." 

"Sorry to hear that. Plenty of fish in the sea. You'll be fine."

"Plenty but that doesn't mean they're a keeper."

"We should head over."

He gave a nod. We exited the cafe and proceeded to the building. I went to my workplace. On my way to my office, I passed Athena and Mr. Bezos. She was deep in conversation with him.

"I was thinking about royal blue and black for the wedding or black and gold," she said, his hands casually in his pockets. "What are your thoughts, honey?"

They fell silent when they realized I was there.

"Good morning, Mr. Bezos and Ms. Baily," I said as I passed them on my way to my office door. I took out my keys and opened the door. I could see them in the corner of my eyes as they both looked at me. 

I entered and closed the door with my back flat on it as soon as I opened it. I let out a sigh. I noticed a stack of papers on my desk. He must have entered my office. I was supposed to type everything up and send it off. That's fantastic.

I got right to work without wasting any time. I went down to the coffee department once more. There weren't many people working here. Tracy is one of the few. Oh my.

I was at a coffee shop, pouring a cup of coffee. She was staring at me and imitating another female employee. 

I took a deep breath in and said to myself, "If you have something to say, say it to my face." Because your face is the last thing I want to see."

"You didn't just answer me," she exclaimed.

"I did, indeed. Go cry about it, b*tch," I hissed, ignoring her while I drank my coffee. She was taken aback. Yes, I dragged her right into her place.

I returned to my office and resumed my work. My fingers were sore from the night before. Mr. Bezos entered my office after knocking on the door. I looked up from my computer and at him. 

"What are your plans for tonight?"

Did I hear you correctly? Perhaps my eardrums required repair. What are your plans for tonight? I'm not sure I trusted him. 

"I don't have plans."

"I need you to do something off the clock for me," he nodded. "However, I would like to meet with you after work."

"Where should we meet?"

"I'll be back by then to pick you up once you've finished. Nothing to think about."

"All right, Mr. Bezos."

He walked out of my office. What on earth could he want? 

Thank you, guys, so much for reading the third chapter. Two chapters in one day are crazy. I hope we're getting somewhere and the book's aesthetic, I hope you love them. Please head over to my Instagram for new updates and details on PVR.

Krystal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 146 20
Do you believe in fate? Azalea Taylor, who lost her job due to her stubbornness, was searching for a new job when her best friend suggested one to he...
7.3K 195 38
Three years ago Gemma started working for Richardson Worldwide. For the first twelve months, she worked hard until her boss, Larry Richardson, starte...
17.3K 455 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
479K 19.9K 73
I woke up in the morning and felt the pain in a place I've never hurt before. I took a peek at my own body, and my mind went blank. My eyes found a m...