𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜 𝕗𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣...

由 Xiemaiz

ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙʏ ᴏꜱᴀᴍᴜ ᴅᴀᴢᴀɪ, ʏᴏᴜɴɢ [ʏ/ɴ] ᴊᴏɪɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏʀᴛ ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴅᴀᴢᴀɪ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ... 更多

Before we start...
Volume 1; Chap 1.1
Volume 1; Chap 1.2
Volume 1; Chap 2.1
Volume 1; Chap 2.2
Volume 1; Chap 2.3
Volume 1; Chap 3.1
Volume 1; Chap 3.2
Volume 1; Chap 3.3
Volume 1; Chap 4.1
Volume 1; Chap 4.3
Volume 1; Chap 5.1
Volume 1; Chap 5.2
Volume 1; Chap 6.1
Volume 1; Chapter 6.2
Volume 1; Chap 7.1
Volume 1; Chap 7.2
Volume 1; Chap 8.1
Volume 1; Chap 8.2
Volume 1; Chap 9.1
Volume 1; Chap 9.2
Volume 2; The End of the Beginning
Vol 2; Chap 1.1

Volume 1; Chap 4.2

1.2K 52 29
由 Xiemaiz

You took Dazai to the woman's body and he started to mumble himself. He started rambling about how she could've killed herself along with him.

"Who the hell is your weird friend?" Mr. Minoura asked with his hands crossed in front of him.

"He's a colleague at the Agency, and yes he always acts this way." Ranpo answered.

"Oh how I hope you rest in peace, m'lady! And now an extraordinary detective will avenge your death for you and me, both! Isn't that right, Ranpo?" Dazai turned to Ranpo.

"It's tough to say, I haven't officially gotten the job yet." Ranpo responded.

"What? Why?"

"Ask Mr. Detective." Ranpo pointed to Mr. Minoura, who was standing next to him.

"We don't need private eyes on this. Everyone on my team is better than any private tick out there. Including you bums." Mr. Minoura responded back.

You chuckled to yourself and Mr. Minoura overheard you.

"I don't see what's so funny about this situation." He said to you.

You stopped chuckling and turned to him, "You're funny mister! If that statement were true, this case would've been solved already!" You said to him with a smile.

He scoffed at you. "What's a girl like you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be home with your mother?" He said kind of angrily.

Your closed eye smile suddenly disappeared and you looked up at him with cold, lifeless eyes. "What..?" You said softly. "My mom? But she...she didn't…" you were looking at the floor with wide eyes. Your right hand started emitting small flames.

Before you could do anything that could get you into serious trouble, Dazai put his hands on your shoulders, canceling your ability. He smiled at the detective and Ranpo, letting them know that it's all under control, and to please continue, though Mr. Minoura didn't notice the flames in the first place.

"As I was saying, we don't need you, my team will solve this case faster and better than you." Mr. Minoura insisted.

"Oh, tell me officer, what's your name?" Ranpo pointed to the officer who was in the background the whole time.

"I am sergeant Sugimoto, sir " he saluted, "the victim, Ms. Yamagiwa was my superior officer on the force!"

"Alright Sugimoto," Ranpo put his hand on Mr. Sugimoto's shoulder, "here's your chance, solve this case in 60 seconds ready, set go."

Mr. Sugimoto tensed up at the sudden order.

"I can solve this thing in under a minute." Ranpo whispered to him. "If you're as good as he says you are, you should be able to do that too." Ranpo turned his head to Minoura, as if to mock him.

"Ok, it's showtime! Let's see what you got." Ranpo turned back to Mr. Sugimoto.

Mr. Sugimoto put his hands on his head and started yelling about how that isn't nearly enough time to solve the case and Ranpo only responded by counting the seconds out loud.

You were suddenly interested in where this was going so you lifted your head up from staring at the floor.

"Hold on! I know Yamagiwa was pursuing a political corruption case and also running an investigation on the Port Mafia. The murder's M.O. is similar to the mafia's when they want retribution. Maybe the mafia did it, because they knew she was getting too close!"

Before Mr. Sugimoto could continue is claim, Dazai interrupted him.

"No."

"Ehh?"

"The Port Mafia's retaliatory methods are quite specific. They have a signature that's as unique to them as a fingerprint. First, the traitor is forced on the ground, and made to bite the curb. Then, they stomp on his head to shatter his jaw. Finally, they flip him over and shoot him in the chest, three times." Dazai informed.

Atsushi gasped at the cruelty.

"I guess if we're being precise, then technically yes. But still-" before Mr. Sugimoto could finish, Dazai interrupted him.

"So this M.O is similar to the mafia's but quite not exactly the same. That means.." Dazai lifted his head to the detective, expecting him to know the rest.

"The killer was attempting a cover-up?" Mr. Minoura said.

"Shooting two extra rounds to make it look like a mafia hit. How cruel." Mr. Sugimoto said sadly.

Suddenly Ranpo made a timer sound which scared Mr. Sugimoto.

Ranpo patted him on the shoulder, "Nice try sergeant, too bad you still got ways to go before your case solving skills match mine. But don't feel bad, you've been useful, you helped us prove that Minori's best detectives are inferior to me."

"Cut the crap, I'm tired of all your jabber. You can't crack hard cases with just deduction. You've been reading too many crime novels. Cases are solved through investigation, interviewing persons of interest, and closely analyzing the crime scene." Mr. Minoura stated.

"You got a pretty big skull, great detectives don't do investigations, my ability, Ultra-Deduction, can instantly identify the killer. I can also figure out when and how the murder was committed. But wait there's more, I can see in my mind's eye how to make the killer confess and where the evidence lies to prove our case." Ranpo turned to Mr. Minoura and revealed his vibrant green eyes, "my power truly is a rare gift."

"Given my line of work, I know all about you gifted types and your powers. But if you have such a special ability, why do my colleagues and I still have a job?" Mr. Minoura inquired.

"My thoughts exactly, now we're starting to understand each other, detective." Ranpo mocked.

Mr. Minora clenched his fists, "you little bastard…" he grumbled.

"Now now, detective, please excuse my colleague's tactless behavior." Dazai got between them before Mr. Minoura could do anything.

"What can I say, my personal motto is, 'All's well that's well for me'! Catchy right?" Ranpo stated proudly.

Personal Motto
"All's well that's well for me"

"My personal motto would probably be 'What's better than being alive?'" You heard Atsushi mumble next to you.

Personal Motto
"What's better than being alive?"

"Well well well.." Dazai rubbed the back of his neck.

Personal Motto
"Have a pure, cheerful, and energetic suicide"

"That's a good motto to live by Atsushi," you smiled at him, "mine is 'everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end'."

Personal Motto
"Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end"

"That's a good one too, [Y/n]." Atsushi responded.

"Thanks, it helped me get through a lot." You said softly.

"You can't stop bragging about your ability, so let's have a look at it." Mr. Minoura finally decided to give Ranpo a chance. Kinda.

"Really? So I guess I'm on the case. You should've just asked me nicely when I first got here." Ranpo teased.

"Heh…too bad you got a lot more confidence than experience. You realize you have no hard evidence. Would you like me to count to 60 for you?" Mr. Minoura mocked.

Ranpo smirked at Mr. Minori's request. "I won't need that long.." Ranpo then activated his ability.

"Watch closely now, Atsushi." Dazai whispered to said boy. "This is the ability that keeps the Agency going. Once he puts on those glasses, Ranpo's Ultra-Deduction is active."

You were silently clapping at Ranpo in action.

"Ability: Ultra-Deduction"

Ranpo put on his glasses and it was all coming together.

"Yes, I see." Ranpo pushed his glasses up.

"Heh, 'I see' my ass. You're tryna tell us you know who the killer is?" Mr. Minoura mocked.

"Of course." Ranpo replied.

"Okay..?"

"The killer is…," Ranpo lifted his hand and pointed at the culprit, "the killer's you."

Yea so..I'm in San Francisco.. my dad didn't let me stay at my at my grandma's 😔 but my mom convinced him to let me stay but then he changed his mind lAST SECOND?!

I WAS SO MAD OMG

but today wasn't as bad as I expected. I went on a ferris wheel for the first time and it was really fun! I only agreed bc my mom wanted to go on it but my dad doesn't like heights. I was panicking in line but I really liked it!

Anyway, to the important stuff, how many of you have seen the movie(s) 'Orphan' and/or 'Orphan: First Kill..?'

Let's just say..I'm planning something again 🌝

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

165K 5.6K 14
∘♡༉∘ 𝐀 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲, 𝐛𝐮�...
9.3K 177 40
HELLO :3 Just a silly little thing I wanted to make. After I ended my tbhk book I wanted to get back to writing !! I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS...
379K 15.2K 37
"𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕡𝕖𝕠𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕪, 𝕀 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕒𝕔𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕝𝕪." ◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐ Y/n was reckless. As a high schoo...
6.4K 343 15
⤷𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙘𝙝𝙪𝙪𝙮𝙖 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚, 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙞𝙢. ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙�...