The Medici Goddess and the Tu...

By ElleJensen2

England is broke and on the verge of war yet again. With growing fear inside the walls of the Westminster Pa... More

Characters: Medici
Characters: the Spanish Princess
The Begining
Chapter 1
Author Note
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
New Character Alert!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Update!

Chapter 17

946 41 1
By ElleJensen2

Palazzo Medici Riccardi, Florence, Italy

As they entered the palazzo everyone's eyes went wide. They were amazed. The rumors were true, the Medici's lived like kings and were viewed as saints to the people of Florence. As they waited by the entrance of the party for the hosts to come and greet them, the Tudor's could not believe their eyes. The king and queen looked around at everything having their own quiet discussion between the two of them. Lady Margret Beuford could not believe all this excess was all to honor a saint! In England not even a royal wedding, coronation, or the birth of an heir would have this large or splendid of a celebration. Arthur stood next to his wife with her hand in the crook of his arm. He thought it looked fascinating! He had never seen anything quite like it. His wife on the other hand tried her hardest to listen to the words that Queen Elizabeth had said to her earlier, but Catherine thought that she was safe for a few moments to show her true facial features of disdain and disgust. The queen's back was to her so she took a deep breath, allowed herself to roll her eyes to the back of her head and relaxed her muscles back into a face displaying pure revulsion. Who did these people think they were? They weren't kings or queens. Kings and queens were chosen by God himself to rule and govern over their subjects. It was an insult for them to know that real royalty were going to show their faces at this 'celebration' and make it this excessive. Who did they think they were? If her mother was here she would potentially consider this an act of war by insulting her wealth and prosperity as Queen. Meg and Mary were like two giddy school girls taking everything in astonishment. Upon finding out that Harry's future bride was from Italy and that they all would be going there to retrieve her, Meg and Mary had been reading everything they could get their hands on concerning Italy. Upon seeing all the extravagance and beauty in front of them they were speechless. It was even more magical than they had even dreamed. Looking around Harry could not believe his eyes. This party must've cost a fortune and it wasn't even one of the biggest celebrations on the Christian calendar. The people at court, members of the royal family and members of the council would lose it at the thought of even creating a celebration a fraction of this grand.  After a moment of allowing their eyes to wander. The Tudors were now face to face with a group of people who had made their way over to greet them. There stood three people, two men and one woman. All looking similar, the same striking facial features and the same eerie confidence shared amongst them.  Then the man, the one who seemed to be in charge, began to speak.

"Welcome Florence, we hope that your travels were well. I'm Lorenzo de'Medici , and this is my mother Lucretzia de'Medici, and my brother Guiliano de'Medici." They all nodded their heads, apparently in Italy the rules concerning ruling and those of nobel blood varied in Italy. He then continued. "I must admit we were rather surprised to receive word of your visit. I know how much the English men love to relish in their own lands." There was a brief moment of awkwardness. Lorenzo was trying to intimidate them. He was making his position very clear that you might have a crown but I have the gold and with that the power. "Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy the celebrations." He held up his goblet of wine and rose it in the air. "To Saint Luke's day" he said and the Tudor country responded in unison. Then after Lorenzo's brief introduction Wolsey came forward to introduce the royal family.

"May I present to youKing Henry VII and his Queen, Queen Elizabeth of York, Prince Arthur, Prince of Wales and his wife, the Princess Catherine of Aragon,Prince Henry, Duke of York, Princess Margaret of England, Princess Mary of England, and Lady Marget Beauford, My lady the King's Mother, Countess of Richmond and Derby. Wolsey stated clearly. Now it was time for Lorenzo's mother to take a turn, showing the English how the Italians throw a party.

"Well then it's lovely to meet you all. Please come in and enjoy the celebration and all of the joys and wonders of Saint Luke." The Tudors made their way deeper into the Medici's Palazzo looking at all the wonders that the Medici's had set on display. Harry looked left and right for his future bride but he didn't see her yet. What he didn't realize was that his family was doing the same thing. They were all left to their own devices as the de'Medici family continued playing the role of the perfect hosts with the rest of their guests.

"Wow, is that a woman juggling fire?" Meg asked, her voice full of delight.

"That is what it appears to be and that's a man sticking the same fire down his very throat." Henry's grandmother said in complete horror. She didn't understand this strange land. To be fair she was a woman who was never an overly enthusiastic fan of change. She liked order and she liked the way things were back at court, so why change it? However Lady Margret Beauford understood the bigger picture here. That this trip had nothing to do with her, it had to do with her favorite and most dearest grandchild Harry and him finally uncovering his destiny that the Lord set out for him to achieve. Him finally becoming not only the prince that England needed and could be proud of, but the man that Maddalena could one day come to love and be proud to love. Margret knew that Harry was a rare treasure that had always been overshadowed by his brother being the heir. But she also knew that the heart, soul and conviction that rested in that boy was an emptiness pool of potential. She knew that he could do great things; she just wanted to make sure that he had someone who was smart enough to know how to support him and play the game correctly throughout however long their lives may be. She was suddenly pulled from her thoughts by some commotion amongst her family.

"Harry, get back here! Get back here this instance!" Her son said as her beloved grandson began to walk away into the crowd. Only to be followed by his best friend Charlie Brandon, to keep an eye on him to make sure that he didn't do anything that would be deemed as rather stupid.

"Let him go, Henry. Let him go." Queen Elizabeth said trying to comfort her very nervous husband as she held him hand more in more throughout those few moments since they entered the Medici's Palazzo her husband's hand had always been gripping hers, and now it was hot, stiff and dripping in sweat. "Harry just needs a minute to get himself comfortable and situated to the atmosphere. He knows the stakes. He knows how he's supposed to conduct himself this evening of all evenings especially." After hearing her kind words of encouragement the king turned his head to now gaze up at his extraordinary wife. God was he a lucky man and God he didn't deserve her. He then leaned over and kissed his wife on her temple as a sign of affection and thanks for her swift reassurance in this stressful time.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as Harry left his family he began to take in all of the sights that were on display in honor of Saint Luke. As he walked past the acrobats he heard people gossiping then about the Medici's so he thought he might as well listen, it never hurts to know what you're getting yourself into.

"Did you Maddalena earlier when she entered?" one man, about in his 50s said.

"I did indeed and can you talk about what a wonderful girl she is. I already asked Lorenzo for her hand for my own son and he rejected it. Apparently he thinks he can get a hell of a lot more for 'The Most Beautiful Woman in the World.'" The men began to laugh as the same man who made the previous comment continued. "Anyways, whatever our thoughts of Lorenzo no matter what we need to make sure that whoever she does ends up with will treat her well. She's a pure representation to the rest of the world of not just Florence but Italy herself. And God will hear it if someone dares to make her cry." After hearing the men go on and on boasting about Maddalena Harry thought that he had had enough so he decided that it was time to get back with his family.

"Oh good, Harry, you're back just in time." His mother said. "The Medici's are about to come over again once more this time with Maddalena so we all might be formally introduced." After eavesdropping bits and pieces of information from the gentleman prior he was ready to get this over with. It had become far to drawn out and he was nervous but mostly ready and excited to meet her. Would she live up to her reputation? Would she look like her portrait? Would she toy with him like Catherine or would own up to her feelings whether they be good or bad? He just wanted to meet her.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Harry waited with his family for Maddelna to come with her family and make introductions she was busy in conversation. Conversating currently with her childhood friend and one of Lorenzo's greatest allies, Stefano de'Valentini, the Grand Duke of Milan. The two of them had been talking for quite a while until she felt a comforting familiar hand touch the back of her shoulder.

"Maddalena, it's time your family wants me to escort you over to the statue of Venus so then they can do the honors of ensuring everyone is properly introduced." It was Carlo. Good and sweet Carlo, the bastard son of her grandfather later in his life. The kindest soul it's no wonder that he became a priest. He was truly to good for this world and we all new it. Maddalena rolled her eyes letting out a distinguishable huff then turning to look at Stefano one more and said

"If you will excuse me" and with that she was off. She had grabbed Carlo's arm and they were making their way over toward the statue of Venus to meet with the rest of her family. Usually she always knew what to say but right now she only felt doom and gloom at her current situation. But Maddalena knew how her mother would react if she saw her with this face and arra surrounding her. So he took a deep breath and began to put on yet another mask to mask endurance and deception that no one else could read but the wear of the mask.

—————————————————————————
All right I mean it it's official next chapter we officially have Maddalena and Harry officially meet!!!!

How will it go?

Will Cathrine behave?

Will his family like her?

What will his opinionated grandmother think?

Will Arthur notice Catherine's jealousy?

Will Catherine listen to Queen Lizzie?

How will Stefano feel/react when he discovers that he's no longer not the biggest dog in the ring fighting for Maddalena's hand?

Thank you all so so so much and I'll see you all soon.

Best,

Elle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.6K 40
For 23 years old woman, Gia Florence went through lots of breaks up and she never been in a relationship for more than six months. All because she en...
66 1 20
The War of the Roses has ended. After a thirty year power struggle, House Tudor reigns victorious, and Henry VII has crowned himself King of England...
19.5K 574 23
Aristia La Monique was the almost empress and once queen of the empire. She was in love with her husband, who hated her. Being cold and dismissively...
Fearless Francesca By Em

Historical Fiction

221K 7.8K 15
It's 1516 and the Italian Renaissance is booming. Our story starts with two very young different people. Francesca Visconti is a beautiful girl w...