Liberating Remant

Por USS_Stockdale

Remnant is the future-fantasy world of RWBY, with airships, gadgets, high-tech weaponry, and a form of natura... Más

Chapter 1 The Story Begins (Overhauled)
Chapter 2 Settling In (Overhauled)
Chapter 3 Uneasy Alliances (Overhauled)
Side chapter: Food Revolution (Marked for Overhaul)
Chapter 4 Girl in the High Castle
Chapter 5 Hearts of Iron
Chapter 6 The Interest of the Spooks
Chapter 7 Shadows' Involvement
Chapter 8 Secret's Out
Chapter 9 Glenn Mountain Complex
Chapter 10 May Death Not Do Us Part
Updates On Story Writing
Chapter 11 Tempus Requiem
Chapter 12 The Threat Within (Part 1)
Chapter 13 Cold Waters
Chapter 14 The Covert Reunion
Chapter 15 The Threat Within (Part 2)
Chapter 16 The Threat Within (Part 3)
Chapter 17 Double Agent
Chapter 18 Familiar Affairs
Chapter 19 The Tale of Continental
Chapter 20 Rebirth
Chapter 21 Back in Black (Marked for overhaul)
Chapter 23 Phone call
Chapter 24 Welcome to Remnant
Chapter 25 Rush Grimm
Chapter 26 Unwanted Sacrifices
Chapter 27 Underground Haven
The Fall (teaser)

Chapter 22 Steel Division(Ma4ked for overhaul)

365 14 16
Por USS_Stockdale

Remnant

The White House, Washington DC...

In the hallowed halls of the White House, the President sat in the Oval Office, surrounded by a team of advisors and intelligence officers. The atmosphere was tense, with the weight of the nation's uncertainty pressing upon them all. The door creaked open, and a high-ranking military official entered the room, carrying a folder filled with reports and photographs.

"Mr. President, we have gathered new intelligence regarding the unprecedented events in New York City," the military official began, his voice measured and filled with concern. "Following the nation being engulfed in a wall of light, we have observed the emergence of black pools throughout the city."

The President leaned forward, his gaze fixed on the official, silently urging him to continue.

"These pools appear to be the origins of a new threat, creatures that materialize from the darkness within. They are known as the 'Grimm,' and their appearance coincides with the dissipation of the wall of light."

A murmur of unease rippled through the room as the gravity of the situation sank in. The President's eyes narrowed, a steely resolve overtaking his features.

"What do we know about these creatures? How are they being contained?" the President inquired, his voice tinged with urgency.

The military official adjusted his stance, ready to deliver the latest information. "The Grimm are highly aggressive, relentless, and pose a significant threat to civilians and our forces alike. Our military and combined operations have been engaged in fierce combat to neutralize the threat. They are utilizing all available resources, including armored divisions, air support, and specialized teams."

The President nodded, absorbing the information. "And the progress? Are we gaining the upper hand?"

The official's expression hardened as he relayed the ongoing efforts. "Our forces have made significant headway in containing the Grimm. They have pushed back the initial waves and established defensive lines to protect key areas. However, the situation remains fluid, and we are engaged in a constant struggle to keep the threat contained."

The room fell into a brief silence, the weight of the nation's fate palpable. The President rose from his seat, his gaze unwavering.

"Make it clear to our forces that we stand united in this fight. Provide them with all the support they need to eliminate this threat. Our citizens must be protected, and the city must be reclaimed from these dark forces."

The advisors nodded in agreement, their determination mirroring the President's unwavering resolve.

As the briefing concluded, the President's voice echoed through the room. "Our nation has faced challenges before, and we have always emerged stronger. Together, we will confront this darkness, restore hope, and safeguard the future of our great nation."

With those words, the President and his team prepared to rally the nation's resources, combining military might, scientific expertise, and the unwavering spirit of the American people to combat the encroaching shadows that had fallen upon New York City.

As the tension in the White House briefing room hung in the air, an aide burst through the doors, breathless and wide-eyed. The room fell into a hushed silence as all eyes turned towards the newcomer, awaiting their urgent report.

"Mr. President, we have just received a bewildering update," the aide began, their voice filled with a mix of astonishment and concern. "Large contingents of military personnel from our active bases abroad, spanning various branches and specializations, have suddenly converged on the outskirts of New York City."

The President's brow furrowed in confusion. "Converged? How is that possible? What's their status?"

The aide paused, struggling to find the right words to convey the magnitude of the situation. "Mr. President, they appear to be disoriented and without clear knowledge of how they ended up here. Their arrival is seemingly connected to the wall of light that engulfed the nation. It's as if they were plucked from their stations and deposited in the vicinity of the city."

A collective gasp filled the room as the implications of this revelation sank in. The President's mind raced, grappling with the sudden influx of military personnel and the unknown forces at play.

"Have we made contact with them? Do they pose any immediate threat?" the President asked, his voice steady despite the gravity of the situation.

The aide shook their head. "No, Mr. President. They are as bewildered as we are. They are reporting in, seeking guidance and orders. We are currently establishing communication channels to coordinate their efforts."

The President nodded, his expression firm. "We must mobilize quickly. These soldiers are our greatest asset, and we cannot waste their skills and training. Get the Joint Chiefs on the line. We need to establish a command structure and integrate these personnel into our ongoing operations."

The room sprang into action, phones ringing and orders being issued. The President's voice cut through the commotion, a beacon of determination.

"Gather our top military strategists, intelligence analysts, and scientific advisors. We need to understand the nature of this phenomenon and utilize all available resources to restore order. The safety of our nation and the lives of our citizens depend on it."

As the room continued to buzz with urgency, the aide added another startling piece of information, causing a ripple of disbelief among the gathered officials.

"Mr. President, it's not just our military personnel from active bases abroad that have converged near New York. Our naval fleets, including aircraft carriers and destroyers, are also positioned off the coast, as if drawn here by the same force," the aide announced, their voice tinged with astonishment.

The President's eyes widened, realizing the gravity of the situation. "Our naval fleets too? This is unprecedented. We must ascertain their status and ensure their readiness."

The aide nodded, their voice determined. "Yes, Mr. President. We are establishing communication with the fleet commanders, but initial reports suggest that they, like the ground forces, are disoriented and seeking guidance."

The room fell into a brief silence as the weight of the situation settled upon them. The convergence of military personnel and the presence of naval fleets only intensified the mystery surrounding the wall of light and the emergence of the black pools of creatures.

The President's resolve grew stronger, their voice filled with determination. "We will not let this darkness consume us. Mobilize all available resources. Establish command centers, coordinate with the Joint Chiefs, and communicate with our forces both on land and at sea. We must assess the situation, form a comprehensive strategy, and eliminate this threat from our shores."

As the President's orders echoed through the room, the urgency intensified. The nation's military machinery sprang into action, uniting forces from within and beyond its borders, as they prepared to face an unprecedented and formidable enemy. With the convergence of troops and the presence of naval fleets, the stage was set for a battle that would determine the fate of not only New York City but the entire nation.

Outskirts of New York City...

The armored division commander stood tall amidst the rumbling of tanks and the hustle of soldiers as they prepared to receive their orders. The events of the past hours had been bewildering, to say the least. The commander's mind raced with questions, but he maintained his composure, ready to lead his troops into whatever lay ahead.

As he glanced over the map spread out before him, a voice crackled over his radio, carrying the weight of authority and urgency.

"Commander, this is HQ. I have new orders for your armored division. Over."

"Copy, HQ. I'm listening. Send the mission details. Over."

"Commander, proceed towards the city from the North. Establish a secure perimeter and support the joint efforts to eliminate the threat. Over."

"Understood, HQ. Moving towards the city from the North to establish secure perimeter and provide support. Confirming mission objective: elimination of the threat. Over."

"Affirmative, Commander. The threat consists of unidentified creatures appearing in black pools throughout the city. Exercise caution and coordinate with other units. Over."

"Roger that, HQ. Unidentified creatures in black pools. Exercise caution and coordinate with other units. We will engage the threat and restore security. Over."

"Good luck, Commander. HQ out."

"Thank you, HQ. We'll get the job done. Out."

The commander swiftly relayed the orders to his troops, their professionalism and discipline evident in their quick response. The radio crackled with confirmation and acknowledgments as the armored division adjusted their formation and prepared to move towards the city from the North.

Inside the commander's mind, thoughts raced. The sudden displacement from their previous location in Iran, the blinding white light, and the inexplicable return to the United States weighed heavily on his thoughts. But now was not the time for reflection. The safety and security of their homeland were at stake, and his focus shifted to the immediate task at hand.

With the engines of the tanks roaring to life, the commander addressed his troops with firm resolve. "Move out! Northward to the city. Secure perimeter, support joint operations, and eliminate the threat. Maintain formation and exercise vigilance. We're here to protect our fellow citizens and reclaim our streets. Let's get it done."

The armored division began their advance, their movements synchronized and purposeful. Each soldier, committed to the mission, understood the gravity of the situation. Their training and experience guided their actions as they prepared to face the unknown and confront the enigmatic creatures that now haunted their homeland.

As they approached the city, the commander's voice came over the radio once more, issuing concise orders to his troops, ensuring clear communication amidst the chaos.

"Alpha Company, maintain your positions on the right flank. Bravo Company, hold the center. Charlie Company, secure the left flank. All units, be prepared for potential engagements. Stay alert and communicate effectively. Let's neutralize the threat and bring order back to our streets."

The armored division pressed forward, their determination unyielding. They were professionals, trained to adapt and overcome. With each passing moment, their resolve grew stronger, ready to confront the darkness that had befallen their homeland and restore peace to the city they called home.

New York City

Washington Square Park...

As the chaos unfolded in Washington Square Park, Summer and her team maintained their position at the temporary command post, gathering intelligence and coordinating their efforts. Suddenly, a radio transmission crackled through the air, capturing their attention.

"Alpha Team, this is Command. New orders received. Proceed to rendezvous with the incoming armored division at the designated coordinates. They will provide additional support in neutralizing the threat. Over."

Summer's eyes narrowed with focus as she acknowledged the transmission. She relayed the message to her team, their expressions reflecting a shared determination to carry out the mission.

"Listen up, team. We have new orders. We're to link up with the incoming armored division at the designated coordinates. They'll provide additional support in taking down the threat," Summer announced, her voice unwavering.

Reaper adjusted his sniper rifle, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "Copy that, Alpha Leader. We'll make our way to the rendezvous point," he replied, his tone resolute.

Viper, ever alert, checked her gear, ready to move. "Roger, Alpha Leader. We'll ensure a smooth transition and continue our mission alongside the armored division," she affirmed.

Spectre, his focus on the task at hand, prepared his explosives. "Understood, Alpha Leader. We'll coordinate our efforts with the incoming forces and push forward," he confirmed.

Raven, tapping away on her portable terminal, nodded in agreement. "Alpha Leader, I'll update our surveillance feeds and provide real-time information to support the joint operation," she stated.

Summer assessed her team, the unspoken trust between them unbreakable. "Let's move out, team. Link up with the armored division and continue our mission. Stay sharp and watch each other's backs. We've got a job to do," she commanded.

With their orders clear, Summer and her team swiftly departed from the command post, moving with purpose towards the designated rendezvous point. Their footsteps echoed with determination, as they joined forces with the incoming armored division, ready to confront the encroaching darkness and restore order to the city. Together, they formed an unyielding alliance, their skills and resolve merging into an unstoppable force against the common threat.

As Summer, her team, and the SEALs approached the designated rendezvous point, the scene was a flurry of military activity. The sounds of engines rumbling and boots hitting the ground filled the air, intermingled with the crackling of radios and barked commands.

The armored division, positioned strategically on the outskirts of the city, stood as a formidable force. Tanks and armored vehicles were lined up, their presence a symbol of strength and determination. The commanding officer, Colonel Anderson, stood tall, his gaze piercing and his voice carrying the weight of authority.

Summer and her team approached Colonel Anderson, their steps purposeful and their expressions focused. They exchanged salutes, a silent recognition of their shared commitment to the mission at hand.

"Alpha Team reporting, sir," Summer announced, her voice projecting confidence and professionalism.

Colonel Anderson returned the salute, his tone firm and decisive. "Glad to have you here, Alpha Team. We're facing a grave threat, and your expertise will be invaluable in neutralizing the enemy. Our objective is to push through the city and eradicate the black pools where these creatures are spawning. We have air support from Apache gunships and close air support from our fighter jets. Let's coordinate our efforts and show them the might of our combined forces."

Summer nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Understood, sir. We're ready to execute our assigned tasks and support the armored division in eliminating the enemy threat."

The Colonel's eyes gleamed with determination. "Good. We'll establish a secure perimeter and move in a coordinated formation. Alpha Team, you'll be joining our lead element. Your expertise in close-quarters combat and tactical maneuvering will be vital. Move swiftly, maintain communication, and engage the enemy with precision."

Reaper, Viper, Spectre, and Raven stood beside Summer, their readiness evident in their focused expressions. They knew the stakes were high, and the success of the mission hinged on their individual skills and seamless coordination.

The armored division began to move forward, their armored vehicles advancing with a rumble. Alpha Team fell into position, flanking the lead element, their weapons at the ready and senses heightened. The anticipation of imminent combat filled the air, electrifying the atmosphere with tension.

As they entered the city, the sound of gunfire and the chilling screeches of the Grimm reverberated through the streets. The clash of metal against metal, explosions, and the cries of combat echoed in a symphony of chaos.

Summer's voice cut through the noise, strong and unwavering. "Alpha Team, advance! Engage hostiles and clear the path for the armored division!"

The team moved with calculated precision, utilizing cover and employing their specialized skills to dismantle the enemy's defenses. Reaper's sniper rifle rang out, picking off targets with deadly accuracy. Viper swiftly maneuvered through the urban landscape, dispatching enemies with swift and lethal strikes. Spectre's explosives sent shockwaves through enemy positions, shattering their defenses. And Raven provided vital intelligence and support, coordinating with the command center and keeping the team informed of enemy movements.

The combined might of the armored division and Alpha Team pushed forward, the enemy forces no match for their unwavering resolve and unified strength. Explosions rocked the city as the Apache gunships provided close air support, decimating the black pools where the Grimm emerged.

With each step forward, the tide began to turn. The enemy's presence waned, their forces scattered and defeated. The streets of New York City became a battleground, painted with the determination and sacrifice of those fighting to protect their homeland.

Amidst the chaos and carnage, Summer and her team fought with unwavering determination. Their training, skill, and unyielding camaraderie were their weapons against

As Summer and her team reached the rendezvous point with the armored division, they were greeted by the commanding officer, Colonel Reynolds. The air crackled with anticipation and the rumble of engines as the armored division's Abrams tanks roared to life.

Colonel Reynolds, a seasoned veteran with a commanding presence, quickly briefed the combined forces on the situation. He outlined the plan to neutralize the remaining Grimm spawning areas in Washington Square Park and Sarah D. Roosevelt Park, emphasizing the need for aggressive action and overwhelming firepower.

The armored division, with their fearsome Abrams tanks leading the charge, stood ready for battle. The SEALs, known for their precision and versatility, were poised to provide support and secure flanks.

Summer's team, renowned for their combat expertise and unwavering resolve, were assigned a pivotal role in the operation. They were tasked with infiltrating the parks, locating the Grimm spawning points, and eliminating them with precise coordination.

With a nod of determination, Summer locked eyes with Colonel Reynolds, silently acknowledging their shared commitment to the mission. The combined forces moved out, a formidable display of power and unity.

As they approached the parks, the sounds of explosions and gunfire reverberated through the air. The armored division's Abrams tanks unleashed a relentless barrage, their cannons booming as they tore through enemy defenses. The ground shook with each thunderous impact, creating a path of destruction in their wake.

Summer's team, flanked by the SEALs, pressed forward, their steps synchronized with the rhythmic pounding of the tanks. The air filled with the crackle of gunfire and the fury of close-quarters combat. The enemy, now confronted by the armored might of the division, fought desperately, but they were no match for the combined forces.

Explosions erupted in rapid succession as the Abrams tanks targeted Grimm-infested areas, decimating their ranks with devastating firepower. The ground trembled beneath the weight of the onslaught, sending shockwaves through the enemy lines. The sight of flaming debris and billowing smoke filled the air, a testament to the indomitable force of the armored division.

Summer's team moved swiftly, their actions synchronized with the chaos around them. Reaper's sniper rifle echoed through the battlefield, picking off Grimm with lethal accuracy. Viper's combat prowess shone as she engaged multiple enemies simultaneously, her agility and precision unmatched. Spectre's explosive charges tore through enemy fortifications, clearing the way for the advancing forces. Raven's tactical command guided the team and the SEALs, orchestrating their movements with calculated efficiency.

Amidst the chaos, the thunderous roar of the Abrams tanks served as a symphony of destruction. Their cannons unleashed devastation upon the remaining Grimm spawning points, reducing them to smoldering craters. Each explosion reverberated through the air, pushing back the darkness and signaling the imminent victory of the combined forces.

In the heart of the battle, Summer's voice cut through the commotion, rallying her team and the surrounding forces. "Push forward! Show them the might of our unity! Let their defeat be written in flames!"

Bolstered by the relentless assault of the armored division and the unwavering determination of Summer's team and the SEALs, the Grimm threat was systematically annihilated. The parks, once consumed by darkness, now witnessed the triumph of light and order.

As the armored division's crews faced off against the formidable Grimm adversaries, they bestowed their own nicknames upon the creatures, drawing inspiration from their experiences and the spirit of military camaraderie.

"Watch out for those toothy bastards! I'm calling them Chompers!" one crew member exclaimed as their tank unleashed a barrage of firepower, tearing through a group of menacing Beowolves.

Another crew member chuckled and replied, "Yeah, and those big scorpion-looking ones? Let's call 'em Stingers. Gotta watch our backs with those deadly tails!"

As the tanks targeted the massive Goliath Grimm, one crew member suggested, "Let's call that behemoth the Juggernaut. It's like a walking mountain! Aim for the weak spots, boys!"

The crews encountered the swift and agile Beringels, their monkey-like movements challenging their aim. "I'll call these acrobats the Swingers. Keep 'em in our sights, and we'll swing back harder!" a crew member declared.

Amidst the chaos, a crew member spotted the charging Boarbatusks and yelled, "Here come the Hogs! Lock and load, boys. Let's send 'em squealing back to where they came from!"

The skies darkened as a swarm of avian Grimms descended upon them. "How about we call these winged nightmares the Ravens? Let's show 'em that the skies belong to us!" a crew member suggested, determination evident in their voice.

With each nickname given, the crews found a sense of connection and purpose in their battle against the unknown adversaries. These monikers became a shorthand for their experiences, a way to navigate the chaos and boost morale in the heat of combat.

Through their resourcefulness and the bond formed through shared laughter and determination, the crews of the armored division's tanks fought with renewed resolve. They faced the Chompers, Stingers, Juggernauts, Swingers, Hogs, and Ravens head-on, employing their military training and firepower to overcome the daunting challenges before them.

Together, Summer's team, the SEALs, and the armored division's crews forged a united front against the Grimm incursion. In this crucible of battle, their nicknames and shared camaraderie reinforced their sense of purpose and fueled their determination to prevail.

Amidst the fierce battle, a Beowolf Grimm charged towards one of the armored division's tanks. With lightning reflexes, the tank crew maneuvered, crushing the creature beneath the massive treads. The satisfying crunch echoed through the air.

"Hey, did you see that? We just turned that dog into roadkill!" one crew member quipped, a hint of dark humor in their voice. Laughter erupted among the crew as they continued their relentless assault on the Grimm.

The sound of rotor blades slicing through the air caught their attention. Apache gunships, with their lethal firepower, descended upon the battlefield, unleashing a storm of missiles and gunfire upon the swarming Grimm. Explosions erupted in their wake, engulfing the Grimm in a maelstrom of destruction.

As if that weren't enough, the distinct roar of A-10 Thunderbolt II aircraft pierced the sky. The ground shook as these formidable aircraft, known as Warthogs, unleashed a barrage of firepower. Their Gatling guns tore through the Grimm pools, decimating them with precision and unrelenting force.

"Looks like we've got some flying angels joining the party!" a crew member remarked, their voice filled with admiration for the powerful aircraft providing close air support.

The combined might of the tanks, Apache gunships, and A-10 Thunderbolts turned the tide of battle. The Grimm, once a formidable and relentless force, now faced an onslaught of military might.

Explosions rocked the streets as the Grimm pools were obliterated, their dark magic dissipating into the air. The roar of engines and the thunderous cacophony of battle created a symphony of victory.

Summer's team, the SEALs, and the armored division's crews pressed forward, their spirits bolstered by the arrival of the Apache gunships and A-10 Thunderbolts. Their coordinated efforts and unwavering determination pushed back the Grimm hordes, reclaiming the streets with every step.

In the face of overwhelming odds, they fought side by side, an unbreakable alliance of warriors. The combined might of ground forces and air support proved to be the turning point in this battle for survival.

As the dust settled and the soldiers of Summer's team, the SEALs, and the armored division gathered around Washington Square Park, a mix of exhaustion and relief washed over them. Amidst the sounds of machinery and distant footsteps, they found a moment to catch their breath and exchange a few lighthearted remarks.

Private Ramirez, a member of the armored division, wiped the sweat off his brow and grinned at Summer. "Hey, Captain, did you see that tank squish that Chomper like a bug? Talk about 'roadkill'!"

Summer chuckled, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, that was one less Grimm to worry about. Good job, Ramirez."

Over by a stack of supplies, Chief Johnson from the SEALs chuckled and joined in. "I guess tanks aren't just for driving on roads anymore. They're now official 'Grimm crushers.'"

The banter continued as they set up tents and field hospitals, working together to provide support for the people who were cautiously emerging from hiding. The soldiers and civilians shared brief moments of conversation, trading stories of the battles they had fought and the resilience they had witnessed.

Sergeant Thompson, a member of Summer's team, approached a group of civilians who were helping unload supplies. "You folks were really good at staying hidden. You must've taken some notes from the Grimm themselves."

A woman among the group chuckled, relief evident in her voice. "We did what we had to. But it's good to see you all here. We couldn't have held out much longer."

As the days turned into weeks, the conversations became more frequent. People expressed their gratitude to the soldiers, and soldiers, in turn, shared their appreciation for the resilience and strength of the civilians.

Summer approached a young boy who had been watching the soldiers with wide eyes. She crouched down, a warm smile on her face. "Hey there, kiddo. What do you think of all this?"

The boy's eyes lit up as he replied, "It's like a movie, but real! Are you gonna fight more monsters?"

Summer chuckled and tousled his hair gently. "We'll do our best to keep you safe. But remember, heroes are everywhere, even among the ordinary people like you."

The camaraderie between the soldiers grew, as did their determination to protect and rebuild. They shared meals, swapped jokes, and offered support to one another, forging bonds that extended beyond the battlefield.

And amidst the casual conversations and lighthearted moments, they never lost sight of their mission. They remained vigilant, training, and strategizing to ensure the safety of the city and its people.

In the aftermath of chaos, a new chapter unfolded-a testament to the resilience and unity of humanity. Together, they stood as a beacon of hope, ready to face any challenges that lay ahead, with their spirits unyielding and their commitment unwavering.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

24.8K 692 54
Remnant: the definition of remains of something. it has been like this for a millennium. But when The Old World meet the new. It will change the cour...
5.1K 105 12
Remnant. A world of wonder but also horrors. Humans and Faunus beseeched by the creatures of darkness called the Grimm. Surrounded by darkness that l...
280 28 29
In the world of Remnant, a place where science and fairy tales coexist, human civilization is pledged by deadly monsters known as the Grimm. For a ti...
40.1K 402 13
Remnant a world filled with Grimm. There had been many ways that the people of Remnant have made ways to fight the Grimm and protect the innocent. Th...