Xenoblade In Between Worlds

By DreamersWriters

Shulk is fascinated with how the keyblade works, he asks Sora to him, Rex, Pyra, and Mythra back home to thei... More

Chapter 1: Wrong Way Home
Chapter 2: A Wedding Announcement
Chapter 3: Friends Hear Everything
Chapter 4: Moving Forward
Chapter 5: Holding Back
Chapter 7: The Wedding is Coming Up?!
Chapter 8: Being Reckless
Chapter 9: Taking a Cautious Step
Chapter 10: The Future is Bright
Author's Note

Chapter 6: Queens in the Future, Friends in the Past

57 0 0
By DreamersWriters

(I like that out of the cast they picked Melia and Nia, both ladies who are half and half of their people in a way. Also, Melia did have her moment in the Future Connected. I love how they were written in 3 so much. Enjoy!)

                 Shulk, Rex, Mythra, and Noah were walking to the castle as Noah looked up at the sky. Rex was chatting with Mythra as Shulk was still tinkering with the communication device.

"It is a little strange to hear that Nia is going to be queen" Rex confessed, "Can you even imagine that?!"

Mythra rolled her eyes as she replied, "Better her than just us"

"What? What makes you think that?" Rex asked as Shulk tilted his head to listen in.

"She's part human and blade" Mythra answered, as if it was the easiest solution, "That unites us, causes no differences either. Seems reasonable to me"

Noah wondered something as he glanced to Shulk. Shulk already knew the question he was going to ask.

"Melia's in the same situation too" Shulk answered before twisting something on the device, "She's half High Entia and hom. She was spared and led her people against our enemies. To me, I am proud of her to be queen and accepting it so well. I am even more grateful to know she has your friends here to look after her too"

Noah could only smile as Rex turned around, hands on his head, and answered, "Now that we are here, everything is going to go smoothly! I just know it!"

Mythra rolled her eyes as she simply tapped Rex's nose to push him. He waved his arms before falling on the ground with a thud, making Shulk laugh as Noah rushed to help him up. Rex thanked Noah as Shulk looked up to see a familiar sight.

"Is that what I think it is?" Shulk asked in awe as he put the communication device away.

Before them was a giant, blue, technologically advance castle. To Noah, this castle held a lot of memories to him. Both good and bad. As for Shulk, his eyes were lighting up in awe.

"No way! She actually incorporated Mechonise technology to the castle! She read my blueprints!" Shulk exclaimed as he ran ahead, leaving Rex, Mythra, and Noah behind.

Rex was confused as Noah was surprised. Mythra glanced around to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary before walking forward.

"Come on, we shouldn't let him go off on his own like this" Mythra advised them as she glanced to her driver.

"R-right! Coming! Let's go, Noah!" Rex said as he and Noah walked after the blade.

They entered the giant hall, filled with many Homs, High Entia, Nopons, and Mechonis going about their days and managing the machines. Shulk was running around, as if it were his birthday. He was examining everything piece of technology and weapon he could.

"I can't believe this! She even read my prints on the weapons too!" Shulk exclaimed in a giddy manner.

Noah blinked, holding a dumbfound expression before asking, "Wait... You designed all of this?!"

Shulk jumped and rubbed the back of his head. He turned around, trying to hide his embarrassed blush. Not from the suggestion of creating these weapons. He was completely forgetting about his companions in the moment.

"Oh, well, yeah?" Shulk answered nervously with a grin, "I actually started drawing up ideas and plans for this. Of course, I am not finished with it. I am just surprised Melia took my ideas and turned it into a reality"

He turned around to face the giant mech and grinned. His grin did falter a little before holding a sad expression.

"But as far as I can see, she only created the weapons" Shulk answered dismay and concerned, "Why didn't she create any other inventions of mine? I hope she wasn't solely focused on the fight itself"

This made Noah curious.

"Was Queen Melia always a fighter?" Noah asked curiously.

Shulk blinked and wasn't sure how to properly explain to Noah about Melia in the beginning. As well as her powerful magic and her "Star Light Kick".

"Yes" Shulk finally answered as he crossed his arms over his chest to chuckle, "And a powerful one at that. She could topple her enemies when we couldn't! Haha! She always loved a good fight when the situation called for it!"

Noah was surprised as he then felt relief that the mechanical Queen Melia didn't replicate her true powers. He wasn't sure if he and his friends could hold out well against her.

"I'm still surprised Nia's gonna be queen" Rex confessed as he was bouncing on his feet, "She's not really the queen type"

This also caught Noah by surprise until he recalled the little moments Queen Nia would slip. He tilted his head back and forth as he wondered what Queen Nia was like with Rex.

"Ah! Noah!" a guard said as he approached them, "The queens would like to see you. Oh, where are your friends? And who are they?"

Rex waved his hands as Shulk only grinned. Mythra turned away from the guard as Noah tried to think of a good explanation for this.

"They are my friends" Noah settled with a grin as Rex nodded and Shulk only smiled, "As for the others, they are busy. We came here to meet with the queens to ask them for their help"

The guard simply bowed his head to them before turning to the elevators to take them to the queens. Rex was looking out the window as Shulk examined the functions of the elevator. Mythra was even looking at the technology around her, mystified and impressed. The elevator took them to the top floor. The group exited the elevator and were standing before the throne room.

"Wow! Melia really changed things around here!" Shulk confessed as he looked around.

There were many mechanical, blue gears and machines moving behind the white, tall throne. Rex was surprised to see how big the throne room is compared to ones he's seen before. Mythra could even see soldiers standing on guard, ready to protect their queen.

"Well, it was thanks to you, my old friend Shulk" Queen Melia's voice spoke in utter happiness as she and Queen Nia entered and greeted them.

The group turned around and each had a different reaction to the two queens.

"Melia/Nia!" Shulk said in relief while Rex was shouting.

Queen Nia winched a little, forgetting how loud Rex used to be. Queen Melia held a grin as she felt so much joy seeing her friend again. She took a shaky, single step before running to embrace Shulk!

"Aw, Melia. How long were you strong for?" Shulk asked before sharing a hug with the queen.

She shook her head as she replied, "A long time, but it is so nice to see you again. You were always a dear friend to me, Shulk"

"Same to you as well" Shulk answered as he gave his dear friend a hug.

Rex and Mythra were stunned to see Nia as a queen. She appeared more refined and elegant as if she grew up.

"Wait, are YOU Nia?!" Rex exclaimed as he waved his hands in front of his face.

Queen Nia raised a brow at him before rolling her eyes at him. She forgot how childish and loud Rex was. Mythra smacked Rex's head for the rude question as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Be nice. She's queen now" Mythra answered sharply.

"Well, I didn't say it was a bad thing" Rex mumbled annoyed at Mythra for her scolding, "I was just surprised. I didn't expect this is all. I think Nia being queen is a good thing"

Queen Nia couldn't help it anymore. She laughed at him as Mythra shook her head at the driver. Rex was confused and looked at the two ladies before him.

"What is so funny?! What did I do now?!" Rex asked confused as Queen Nia lowered herself to face him.

"Not a thing, Rex" she answered warmly before ruffling hair, "It is just nice to see a good friend of mine again along with a fellow sparring partner. It has been a while is all"

Mythra grinned, satisfied to know she kept up with training and sparred with her friend. As for Rex, he laughed nervously as Queen Nia being gentle and kind to him. Though, that didn't last long.

"Now, what did you do?!" she asked before pulling away and glaring at the young driver, "If my memory is correct, you were supposed to return home after that Tournament! What did you do?! I can't even remember properly, and Poppi is out of commission too!"

Rex jumped as Mythra asked surprised, "Poppi is here and hurt?"

"It wasn't me!" Rex added annoyed and gestured to Shulk who pulled out of the embrace with Queen Melia, "For once it was Shulk! Not me! Shulk!"

Queen Melia sigh glanced and glared at her friend who laughed nervously as he held his hands up.

"I didn't mean too, but I was curious" Shulk confessed nervously.

"And what was so curious to you that you decided to do something so reckless, Shulk?" Queen Melia asked with a cold, glare as she crossed her arms over her chest, "As I recall, you too were supposed to return too after your tournament was finished. How did you get home?"

Shulk knew he wasn't going to get out of this easily and confessed, "Remember that new fighter, Sora? He has this weapon that can help him travel to other worlds! I thought he could send us home. I suppose I wasn't too specific... I'm really sorry about this"

He let out a nervous laugh as Queen Melia rubbed her head.

"Ok, that explains everything" she said as Shulk tilted his head to the side in a curious manner, "I noticed something amiss in my memories. I couldn't recall a specific event. Then, Popppi malfunctioned. It appears you crossing over caused this disturbance along with Sora's powers"

"Is there anything we can do to fix this?" Mythra asked, "We don't have Sora's keyblade nor that kind of power. Is there something we can do here to help us get home?"

Queen Nia lowered her ears as she tapped her cheek. Her tail stopped wagging as she glanced to her fellow queen.

"I am not sure" Queen Melia confessed, "Returning two sets of people from different worlds that have their set of rules, time, and space is going to be difficult to say the least. I am sure we can think of something, but for now, you are welcomed to stay at the castle until we find the safest way to bring you home"

Rex cheered, "Well! That's a relief! It will be nice to stay at a castle without having to break in and cause scene!"

Mythra pulled his ear for that comment as Rex whimpered. Noah was relieved that his new friends would be safe, but he also had to inform the queens about his situation with the consul.

"Huh" Shulk said as he reasoned something out, "Melia, oh, uh, Queen Melia?"

"Please Shulk, Melia is fine. You are my dear friend still" she replied warmly.

"But you said your memories are fuzzy, right?" Shulk asked as she nodded in reply, "But which parts are fuzzy to you? Can you see pass it?"

Queen Melia was surprised before laughing, "Ah, just like you, Shulk. Always thinking. I will admit, I even didn't think of that. Hm, let me think about it. I know if I look to the future, I must be careful with what I say"

"I figured as much" Shulk replied warmly, "Don't want anything spoiled for me!

He leaned back as Queen Melia glanced at his pocket to notice a box shaped item was present. With that, she smiled, understanding the event that will take place. For now, she decided to keep this information secret as Rex looked at Queen Nia.

"Can't you see anything?! What happens to us?!" Rex asked excitedly as Mythra shrugged.

Queen Nia took a step back, unsure of what to even inform the driver before her.

"Let's just say, you're going to have a wonderful life. Oh, and listen to your friends. They want you to be safe, idiot" Queen Nia answered, satisfied with her answer, and holding a smug expression.

Rex was confused as Mythra laughed at the response. Noah could see their tension dying away and stepped between them.

"I am grateful we were able to find a solution for you to return home and restore everything to order" Noah spoke in a gently tone, "But I have another request to ask from you. I am also terribly sorry to ask you for this too"

Queen Melia and Nia were surprised to see Noah's worried expression.

"Please Noah" Queen Melia reassured him, returning to her manner as a queen, "Please tell us everything. We owe you and your friends our thanks for restoring everything to normal"

"I agree with her" Queen Nia added strongly, "Tell us what you need, and we will do everything we can to help you and the others"

Noah glanced to Noah and Rex who held warm, encouraging expressions. Noah explained his situation and what had transpired in the colony with Mio. They were surprised to hear of another consul being locked in a gem of sorts.

"And he wants to marry Mio?!" Queen Nia roared furiously, much to Rex's surprise with Mythra raising a brow at her behavior.

"So, you need to stop a wedding" Queen Melia asked as she held her face with her right hand.

If she wasn't his queen, she would be laughing at the irony of their situation. However, she internally laughed as she pondered on their situation.

"Oh, and Eunie and Taion will come here as well" Noah added as an afterthought, "Their group believed meeting with you would help them find a possible solution to this and stop the consul"

Both queens agreed with their reasoning until they heard their people's panicking voices. Something was up.

"Guards! What has happened?!" Queen Melia ordered, taking command of the situation.

Everyone remained on guard as her personal guard rushed up to her with a confused expression.

"There's an army approaching! Along with this message!" he answered in a panic.

"Pull up the monitor!" Queen Nia ordered to another pair of guards.

They went to work to pull up five monitors around them. Four showed incoming troops in tanks and vehicles approaching them. The one in the middle displayed Consul L standing beside Mio, ready to deliver an announcement to the group. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 103 34
Set after the events of KH3: DW. Our Guardians of Light are back! After some time of searching, our heroes have a new lead on where Sora might be. H...
7.8K 177 44
"At the heart of every legend, there is truth." Two years have past since the International Bladers cup where Sora became world champion. All was goi...
109K 4.5K 100
𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 || 𝑺𝒉𝒖 𝑲𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒊 𝒙 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒓 ❝ 𝓣𝓻𝓾𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼...
256 4 18
after the keyblade war the door to kingdom hearts is sealed shut. every keyblade in the universe and all the darkness is sealed away forever. the leg...