Change the Future

By SEHopeM

After the devastation of the battle of Hogwarts Aurora Potter decides that her and some of the others need to... More

*Back to 1976*
*PS 1*
*PS 2*
*PS 3*
*PS 4*
*PS 5*
*PS 6*
*CoS 1*
*CoS 2*
*CoS 3*
*CoS 4*
*CoS 5*
*CoS 6*
*CoS 7*
*CoS 8*
*CoS 9*
*POA 1*
*POA 2*
*POA 3*
*POA 4*
*POA 5*
*POA 6*
*POA 7*
*POA 8*
*POA 9*
*POA 10*
*POA 11*
POA 12
POA 13
POA 14
POA 15
POA 16
POA 17
POA 18
POA 19
James and Rory
GOF 2
GOF 3
GOF 4
GOF 5
GOF 6
GOF 7
GOF 8
GOF 9
GOF 10
GOF 11
GOF 12
GOF 13
GOF 14
GOF 15
GOF 16
GOF 17
GOF 18
GOF 19
GOF 20
GOF 21
GOF 22
GOF 23
GOF 24
GOF 25
GOF 26
GOF 27
OOTP 1
OOTP 2
OOTP 3
OOTP 4
OOTP 5
OOTP 6
OOTP 7
OOTP 8
OOTP 9
OOTP 10
OOTP 11
OOTP 12
OOTP 13
OOTP 14
OOTP 15
OOTP 16
OOTP 17
OOTP 18
OOTP 19
OOTP 20
OOTP 21
OOTP 22
OOTP 23
OOTP 24
OOTP 25
Charlie
HBP 1
HBP 2
HBP 3
HBP 4
HBP 5
HBP 6
HBP 7
HBP 8
HBP 9
HBP 10
HBP 11
HBP 12
HBP 13
HBP 14
HBP 15
HBP 16
HBP 17
HBP 18
HBP 19
HBP 20
HBP 21
DH 1
DH 2
DH 3
DH 4
DH 5
DH 6
DH 7
DH 8
DH 9
DH 10
DH 11
DH 12
DH 13
DH 14
DH 15
DH 16
DH 17
DH 18
DH 19
DH 20
DH 21
DH 22
DH 23
DH 24
DH 25
DH 26
DH 27
DH 28
DH 29
DH 30
Dates
Rory's first few years
First Year
Second Year
Third Year
Fourth Year
Fifth Year
Sixth Year Part 1
Sixth Year part 2
Seventh Year
Proposal
Wedding
Babies
New Stories
Update?

GOF 1

5.6K 137 0
By SEHopeM

After breakfast everyone sat down again to watch the next year of the future generations lives. Rory sat between James and Remus again, leaning against James side as he wrapped his arm around his daughter. James hadn't told anyone about what Rory had told him the night before.

Rory looks at Harry who is laid flat on his back, his breathing hard as though he had been running, his hands pressed over his face. He sat up his hand still over his scar as his other hand reached for his glasses.

"You okay Harry" She asks looking up from her book.

"Just a dream. Why aren't you asleep?"

"Just couldn't sleep. Did you want to talk about the dream. I'm here if you do"

"It was nothing, don't worry about it. But just so you know I'm here for you as well, you can talk to me if theres anything on your mind you know that right" His eyes meet hers.

"I know Harry. That's what siblings are for" She stands up and walks over to his bed as he moves over making room for her. She lays next to him wrapping her arms around him.

"I love you Ror. I'm glad you're my sister" She smiles at him.

"I love you too and I wouldn't want anyone other than you as a brother"

"You two are too cute" Marlene squeals.

As soon as Harry had drifted back off to sleep Rory stood up and crossed to the window opening the curtains to look at the street below. Privet Drive looked exactly as a respectable suburban street would be expected to look in the early hours of Saturday morning. All the curtains were closed. There wasn't a living creature in sight, not even a cat. She walked back over to her bed and took out a piece of parchment writing 2 letters before attaching both letter's to her owls leg and taking her to the window.

"Go to Sirius first them Remus" She tells the owl as she opens the window, she gives the owls head a little stroke. "Don't forget we'll be at the Weasley's when you return so go there" The owl hoots slightly before taking flight out of the window. Rory laid there trying to sleep until the sunrise slowly crept into the room. Finally, when the sun had risen, when the bedroom walls had turned gold and when sounds of movement could be heard from Vernon and Petunia's room she gave up with trying to sleep and got out of bed grabbing a pair of ripped jeans and an oversized black hoody along with some hair clips and a brush before heading to the bathroom. After getting dressed she brushed her waist length hair before moving it all to covering her neck as best as possible clipping it in place.

"I never realised how long your hair was" Ginny says looking at Rory's hair.

With the help of the hoody and her hair she manageds to hide the scar's on her neck before heading back to hers and Harry's room sitting back on her bed and picking up a book again as Harry starts to stir.

"Morning Harold" She smiles at him.

"Morning Rory and my names not Harold" He says in a still sleepy voice before grabbing his glasses and looking at her "How long have you been awake"

"Only about half an hour. Got woke up when Petunia and Vernon walked downstairs, you know how not quiet they are"

"How long has the sleeping issues been going on" Lily asks looking at her daughter.

"On and off since I was 16"

"Yeah they don't really care about waking others up"

By the time Harry and Rory had arrived in the kitchen, the three Dursleys were already seated around the table. None of them looked up as they entered or sat down. Vernon's large red face was hidden behind the morning's Daily Mail, and Petunia was cutting grapefruits into quarters, her lips pursed over her horselike teeth. Dudley looked furious and sulky, and somehow seemed to be taking up even more space than usual. Petunia put a quarter of unsweetened grapefruit onto Dudley's plate.

"That child is massive, how cruel" Euphemia said looking at Dudley.

"This is when he has to go on a diet" Harry said smirking at the screen.

"There you are, Duddy darling" Dudley glowered at her. She now passed a grapefruit quarter to Harry and Rory.

"Don't worry we had food hidden in our room. As soon as I heard about the diet I wrote to Ron and Hermione" Harry told the hall.

Vernon laid aside his paper with a deep sniff of disapproval and looked down at his own grapefruit quarter.

"Is this it?" he said grumpily to Petunia. She gave him a severe look, and then nodded pointedly at Dudley, who had already finished his own grapefruit quarter and was eyeing Rorys with a very sour look in his piggy little eyes.

"I don't like grapefruit just so you know" Rory told her parents who both laughed.

Vernon gave a great sigh, which ruffled his large, bushy moustache, and picked up his spoon. The doorbell rang. Vernon heaved himself out of his chair and set off down the hall. Quick as a flash, while his mother was occupied with the kettle, Dudley stole the rest of Vernon's grapefruit. There was talking at the door, and someone laughing, and Vernon answering curtly. Then the front door closed, and the sound of ripping paper came from the hall. Petunia set the teapot down on the table and looked curiously around to see where Vernon had got to. She didn't have to wait long to find out; after about a minute, he was back. He looked livid.

"You," he barked at Harry. "In the living room. Now. Both of you" He said pointing at  Rory and Harry. They followed Vernon out of the kitchen and into the next room. He closed the door sharply behind both of them. "So," he said, marching over to the fireplace and turning to face them "So"

"So what?" Rory answered. Harry tried to hide his smile.

"Oh looks its Rory" Gideon said as Fabian laughed.

"This just arrived," He said as he brandished a piece of purple writing paper. "A letter. About you two." Vernon glared at them, then looked down at the letter and began to read aloud.

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, We have never been introduced, but I am sure you have heard a great deal from Harry and Aurora about my son's Ron, Fred and George. As they might have told you, the final of the Quidditch World Cup takes place this Monday night, and my husband, Arthur, has just managed to get prime tickets through his connections at the Department of Magical Games and Sports. I do hope you will allow us to take Harry and Aurora to the match, as this really is a once-in-a lifetime opportunity; Britain hasn't hosted the cup for thirty years, and tickets are extremely hard to come by. We would of course be glad to have them stay for the remainder of the summer holidays, and to see them safely onto the train back to school. It would be best for Harry or Aurora to send us your answer as quickly as possible in the normal way, because the Muggle postman has never delivered to our house, and I am not sure he even knows where it is. Hoping to see Harry and Aurora soon, Yours sincerely, Molly Weasley P.S. I do hope we've put enough stamps on" Vernon finished reading, put his hand back into his breast pocket, and drew out something else. "Look at this," he growled. He held up the envelope in which Mrs. Weasley's letter had come, and Rory had to fight down a laugh. Every bit of it was covered in stamps except for a square inch on the front, into which Mrs. Weasley had squeezed the Dursleys' address in minute writing.

"She did put enough stamps on, then," Harry said.

"The postman noticed," he said through gritted teeth. "Very interested to know where this letter came from, he was. That's why he rang the doorbell. Seemed to think it was funny." They didn't say anything.  Vernon was still glaring at them. They stood waiting for him to say something, but he merely continued to glare. Harry decided to break the silence.

"So can we go then?" he asked. A slight spasm crossed Uncle Vernon's large purple face. The moustache bristled. To give himself thinking time, it seemed, he looked down at Mrs. Weasley's letter again.

"Who is this woman?" he said, staring at the signature with distaste.

"You've seen her," Harry said. "She's my friend Ron's mother, she was meeting him off the Hog - off the school train at the end of last term." Vernon screwed up his enormous face as though trying to remember something very unpleasant.

"Dumpy sort of woman?" he growled finally. "Load of children with red hair?" Harry frowned as did Rory.

"That's just rude and coming from him" Narcissa said glaring at him in disgust.

Vernon was perusing the letter again. "Quidditch," he muttered under his breath. "Quidditch - what is this rubbish?"

"It's a sport," Harry said shortly. "Played on broom"

"All right, all right!" He said loudly. Vernon looked vaguely panicky. Apparently his nerves couldn't stand the sound of the word "broomsticks" in his living room. He took refuge in perusing the letter again. His lips form the words "send us your answer in the normal way." He scowled. "What does she mean, 'the normal way'?" he spat.

"Normal for us," Harry answered, and before Vernon could stop him, he added, "you know, owl post. That's what's normal for wizards." Vernon looked as outraged as if Harry had just uttered a disgusting swearword. Shaking with anger, he shot a nervous look through the window, as though expecting to see some of the neighbours with their ears pressed against the glass. "How many times do I have to tell you not to mention that unnaturalness under my roof?" he hissed, his face now a rich plum colour. "You stand there, in the clothes Petunia and I have put on your ungrateful backs"

"Only after Dudley finished with them," Harry said coldly.

"I will not be spoken to like that!" Vernon said, trembling with rage.

"Okay, I can't see the World Cup. Can I go now, then? Only I've got a letter to Sirius I want to finish. You know - my godfather." Harry had done it, he had said the magic words. Now they watched the purple recede blotchily from Vernon's face, making it look like badly mixed black currant ice cream.

"You're - you're writing to him, are you?" Vernon said, in a would-be calm voice - but I had seen the pupils of his tiny eyes contract with sudden fear.

"Obviously we talk to him quite often I actually sent him a letter this morning" Rory said smirking.

"You two are evil, I love it" Sirius says smirking at Rory and Harry.

"Watch what Rory tells him in a minute" Harry says trying not to laugh.

"Well - yeah," Harry said, casually. "It's been a while since he heard from me, and, you know, if he doesn't he might start thinking something's wrong." He stopped there to enjoy the effect of these words. Harry tried not to smile, to keep his own face as blank as possible but Rory smiled. And then

"Well, all right then. You can go to this ruddy this stupid this World Cup thing. You write and tell these these Weasleys they're to pick you up, mind. I haven't got time to go dropping you off all over the country. And you can spend the rest of the summer there. And you can tell your - your godfather tell him tell him you're going."

"Technically he's not my godfather, he's more of an uncle to me but my godfathers a werewolf anyway so" fear flashed in Vernon's eyes quickly.

"That was brilliant wolf" Sirius said smirking at her.

"Okay then," Harry said brightly. They turned and walked toward the living room door. Outside in the hall Harry nearly ran into Dudley, who had been lurking behind the door, clearly hoping to overhear them being told off. He looked shocked to see the broad grin on their faces. "That was an excellent breakfast, wasn't it?" Harry said. "I feel really full, don't you?" Laughing at the astonished look on Dudley's face, Harry took the stairs three at a time, and hurled himself back into his bedroom as I followed trying not to laugh. The first thing Harry saw was that Hedwig was back. She was sitting in her cage, staring at Harry with her enormous amber eyes, and clicking her beak in the way that meant she was annoyed about something. Rory walked to her and gently stroked her head.

"Hey girl what's wrong" Exactly what was annoying her became apparent almost at once as Rory spoke.

"OUCH!" Harry said as what appeared to be a small, grey, feathery tennis ball collided with the side of his head. Harry massaged the spot furiously, looking up to see what had hit him as Rory burst out laughing, and saw a minute owl, small enough to fit into the palm of your hand, whizzing excitedly around the room like a loose firework. Harry then realized that the owl had dropped a letter at his feet. Harry tore open the envelope. Inside was a hastily scribbled note.

Harry - Mum's writing to the Muggles to ask you to stay. They might already have the letter, I don't know how fast Muggle post is. Thought I'd send this with Pig anyway. We're coming for you both whether the Muggles like it or not, you can't miss the World Cup, only Mum and Dad reckon it's better if we pretend to ask their permission first. We'll come and get you both at five o'clock. Hermione's arrived yesterday afternoon. Percy's started work - the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Don't mention anything about Abroad while you're here unless you want the pants bored off you.

See you soon, Ron

"I'm guessing your names Pig" Rory said holding the small owl in her hand after managing to catch him, stroking his head before letting him go. The owl fluttered down on top of Hedwig's cage. Hedwig looked coldly up at it, as though daring it to try and come any closer. Harry seized his eagle-feather quill once more, grabbed a fresh piece of parchment, and wrote.

Ron, it's all okay, the Muggles say I can come. See you five o'clock

Harry folded the note up very small, and with immense difficulty, tied it to the tiny owl's leg as it hopped on the spot with excitement. The moment the note was secure, the owl was off again it zoomed out of the window and out of sight.

"I'd love to have that sort of energy" Rory said laughing slightly at the small owl as it disappeared. Harry turned to Hedwig.

"You and me both" Marlene said smiling at Rory.

"Feeling up to a long journey?" he asked her. Hedwig hooted in a dignified sort of a way. "Can you take this to Sirius for me?" he said, picking up his letter. "Hang on I just want to finish it." He unfolded the parchment and hastily added a postscript.

If you want to contact me, I'll be at my friend Ron Weasley's for the rest of the summer. His dad's got us tickets for the Quidditch World Cup!

With the letter finished, he tied it to Hedwig's leg; she kept unusually still, as though determined to show him how a real post owl should behave.

"I'll be at Ron's when you get back, all right?" Harry told her. She nipped his finger affectionately, then, with a soft swooshing noise, spread her enormous wings and soared out of the open window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 663 18
What happens when you along with your best friend jump into the parallel universe of your favorite fictional place and enjoy your voyage with them an...
3M 92K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...
8.9K 127 24
Aurora Potter is the daughter Lily Potter and James Potter, they died when she was just two years old, her and little brother Harry went to live wi...
5.6K 259 29
When Elizabeth Abernathy's parents were murdered as a child, she vowed that she would spend her life hunting those responsible and avenging his death...