their lost girl

بواسطة EmmaJJxx

14 years ago two year old Violet King was kidnapped from her family sending them spiralling as they search th... المزيد

Characters
lost
Family?
the almost escape
pity
blame
warmth
scars
no where to hide
insanity
blood
secrets
bruises
grateful
truth
Guilt
horrors of the past
alleyway
"it was my fault"
bittersweet
sunny days & cloudy nights
all too well
school
charity case
some friends
"my babygirl"
the calm before the storm
wounds
are we out of the woods?
my love
gunshot
"my little flower"
hope
the light at the end of the tunnel
uncertainty
I promise...
birthday
the text
evermore
the moon
do you get Déjà vu?
run fast for your mother
ghost of you
hide and seek
shadows
monsters
missing piece
target
the pawn
heaven or hell
double-cross
A dream and nightmare
until nightfall

beautiful lies

13.1K 307 49
بواسطة EmmaJJxx

Violets POV

As I slowly snuck down the staircase, my light footsteps caused a quiet pitter patter along the wooden stairs. With every step my heart fluttered more as my mind was filled with thoughts of Malik.His stupid smirk made my heart beat faster, the freckles that laid across his cheekbones made my heart warm. I closed the front door carefully behind me as I saw him now standing near his car. His face lit up as his eyes followed me from the doorway. Even in the moonlight his smirk was visible, the dimples that etched across his cheeks made my face heat up.

"You dickhead!" I yelled as I approached him pushing against his shoulders although barely affecting him. He didn't look surprised, instead his eyes were filled with sorrow. His under eyes were etched with darkness as he looked to the ground, his smile faded.

"I'm sorry" he whispered as his eyes danced to my face. He looked hollow as if he was a shell of himself. He smiled weakly as my eyes searched his tired face, but I couldn't help but smile back. His gaze fell to my lips as my face began to heat up. And despite all the anger I felt in that moment, ; i kissed him. I kissed him like I needed him so I could breathe, and as mixed as my emotions were, I did need him. Our lips intertwined as he gently pulled my waist closer to him.

I pulled away from the kiss looking longingly into his dark brown eyes and the anger, the sadness I felt moments ago began to melt away.

"Why did you leave?" I whispered as my teary eyes searched his face. He sighed deeply as he slowly reached out for my hand, I didn't flinch. Instead I held his cold hand tightly not wanting to ever let go.

"Violet... I'll explain it all to you. I'll explain everything" he whispered as his hand began to trace up my arm, his touch reaching the uncovered cuts along my arm causing me to wince away. Even the gentle touch of his fingertips across the cuts caused excruciating pain. His eyes filled with sadness as his eyebrows furrowed.

"Can I see?" He asked as his fingertips traced my jacket sleeve. My gaze pulled away from his face as I heard a rustling coming from the darkness. I couldn't see anything but it was enough to make my heart race.

Malik held my hand pulling me protectively behind him as his other hand reached for his gun. He turned around to look at the source of the noise. He sighed deeply realising nothing was there as he turned back around to face me.

"We can go to mine and talk, I'll explain everything Lettie. Please" Malik pleaded as he squeezed my hand softly.

"Okay" I whispered. "Okay" I repeated as my voice began to become clearer.

Malik opened the car door as I carefully stepped in, the late night breeze sent shivers up my shine. We sat in silence as Malik drove, the dark streets were empty and even the soft glow of the street lamps were not enough to rid the endless darkness. My phone buzzed in my pocket softly, I pulled my phone from my pocket as the light illuminated across my face.

"Precious little Violet, you don't know the lies of which the ones closest to you are filling your head with. Are you worth more than family?" my heart skipped a beat as my breath hitched. I didn't recognise the number but somehow they knew my name and I'm sure that wasn't all they knew. I needed to keep this to myself, I needed to work out who this is but I couldn't risk it; I didn't know who to trust. I took deep breaths trying to control my shaky breathing.

"Are you okay?" Malik asked as his gaze flickered from the road to my face. "Who texted you?" he asked.

"Just Nico" I replied confidently as Malik's eyes flickered back onto the dark road.

"Why did you never let me help you?" Malik asked as his eyes remained glued on the road.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I began twisting the ring around on my slender finger as I slipped my phone back in my pocket.

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly.

"So many times I tried to convince you to run away with me. I wanted to help you, to protect you but instead I watched you everyday get abused, and every single day you'd put on that smile and pretend it didn't hurt." Malik whispered through his husky voice, his knuckles growing white as he grips on the steering wheel.

"I'm sorry" I whispered back, my gaze falling onto my hands. "But you did help me, you helped me more than you'll ever realise. With you there I had a reason to smile." I smiled softly, blinking back the tears that threatened to fall down my cheeks.

"I'll always be here" Malik whispered

Malik pulled up into a driveway surrounded by locked fences and guards, as Malik drove down the driveway I was able to get a good look at his house,his home. It was surrounded by well kept lush green plants, with lamp posts illuminating my view. I could see the sheer grandness of his house. With white brick walls and terracotta coloured balconies with the oval shaped front door entrance, it was beautiful.

"This is a lot different from your house back in London" I whispered as Malik chuckled softly. I remember Malik's old house in London, I remember it like the back of my hand for so many summers that house became mine too. His old home in London, although beautiful, was extraordinarily humble, nothing compared to the beauty of this house. I wondered why his family ever did live in the same area as me in London, it was clear they could afford better.

Malik led me inside his house and the interior was even more beautiful. Terracotta vases filled with plants filled every room, the plants appeared alive but barely. The green leaves drooping sadly as if on their final leg. A large blue mosaic was hung on the wall next to the front door, it was in the shape of an owl. I looked closer at it as Malik closed the front door.

"Camilia Rivera" which had been written in cursive at the edge of the mosaic. I smiled weakly as memories of Camila filled my mind. I often wondered why I got to survive while Camila died, and I guess I'd never know yet that very thought fills my heart with so much pain. It felt unfair, Camila deserved to live. Sometimes I wish I could have taken her place.

"Do you remember she would always talk about becoming an artist?" Malik asked, snapping me out from my trace.I nodded softly in reply.

"I always teased her for it, but I never got to tell her that I thought she was the most talented artist already" Malik smiled weakly, his voice breaking.

"She knows," I whispered as I reached for Malik's shaky hand.

It felt like only moments ago we were younger, playing outside until the sun set, building houses from sticks and leaves but now we are here; I am here in a world I don't know, in a life I never knew about and I'm struggling. I am still that child in the house made of sticks and leaves except now I feel like I'm suffocating as if it collapsed in on me.

"Where are your parents?" I asked as I looked around the entryway, taking in the beauty of the interior. Paintings hung all over the walls, not too many that it looked cluttered but that sweet amount that makes you appreciate each individual artwork.

Realising Malik hadnt replied to my question, I looked over to him as he abruptly let go of my hand. His eyes on the ground as he clenched his jaw.

"They're in Spain," Malik announced as he began down the hallway to the left. I bit down on the inside of my lip as I nodded my head hesitantly. I had known Malik long enough to notice the way his nose scrunched softly when he lies...

"Lets go to the medbay" Malik said as I struggled to follow his fast pace. The hallway was bare compared to the small amount of the house I had seen so far, a few closed doors and bare white walls. Malik turned into the room three doors from the end of the hallway as our footsteps echoed down the hall. Malik patted the hospital bed, my eyes wandered around the room. It was filled with six hospital beds,white cabinets/drawers and lush green plants with those same terracotta vases.

"May i?" Malik asked gently as he held the sleeve of my hoodie. I nodded softly as he smiled weakly. I looked away from his gaze as he began softly rolling my sleeve up, I didn't want to see the disappointment I was sure he would feel.

"Please look at me mon amour" he whispered, my gaze slowly fell onto him and instead of the disappointment i was expecting all i could see was love.

--------AUTHORS NOTE ----------

HI lovelies!! i hope you all have been well. 

i know its been a while since i updated but life has been crazy but i promise after my exams next week updates will be more regular. 

Also i know this chapter is a bit shorter than usual but the next chapter is extremely long so i had to sort of divide it. 

anyways i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, let me know what you think! 

i hope you have a beautiful day/morning/night whenever in the world you are xx

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

531K 11K 44
The D'Martini family especially D'Martini brothers are feared and respected by everyone across New York City. But what all of them don't know is the...
46.6K 1K 53
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
518K 10.3K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...
1.3M 31.4K 83
Briella,17, never had a stable family set up. She was left alone by the age of 7, to fend for herself. Her father hated her, abused her for her whole...